• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Thailand Vs Liverpool (28th July 2013)

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
hard to watch this game...replays over the top of the actual play, never seen anything like it. Mental

Viva la King Kenny

TIA New Signing
Allen has been very good today, in fact, the past game as well. Really looking forward to him playing in his favorite role again this season.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Poor effort from Suarez to go along with his poor free kick, we'll prosper without him.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Second half has generally been a step up. Thailand are a better team than Indonesia so it's not been a bad performance on the whole

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
SirBillShankly said:
Poor effort from Suarez to go along with his poor free kick, we'll prosper without him.
We will but it will take us longer........

With him, we'd prosper sooner

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
SoueysTash said:
We will but it will take us longer........

With him, we'd prosper sooner
Yeah, i know mate, just trying to look on the bright side.

Should have been 4 there.

Anthony

We should have had that, not the best 1st effort from SG, Oh well still been a solid display from us in the 2nd half

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
FAO morons in charge of the TV signal...the game is still on, why are you showing adverts?

Nick_LFC

Bob and Phil from Brazil!
skrtel knocked down the camera when kicking the 2nd ball out i think, crowd cheered as if he had anyway..

worst camera men Thailand.

game was over fairly early, my socks are not blown off. nice clean sheet though. better opposition coming.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Clean sheet in preseason tour. Aspas looks decent. Coutinho is world class, steve is scoring. Add sturridge to this line up and there will be more goals.

TassieRed

TIA Regular
Could have had 5 tonight. Clean sheet again which is nice. Players looked jaded near the end but I don't think you can take much from that. Playing in that humidity would be brutal.

Aspas looked OK. Fluffed it at times but at other times looked like an intelligent player with some real nous. Little flick back to Gerrard to score was a highlight.

Coutinho a delight.

Suarez played for thirty minutes. Which should give our resident experts on body language ample ammunition to provide us with pages of insightful analysis.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
kwala said:
Hard watch that game as the cameramen and director were morons.
I personally enjoyed the footage. I thought it had a lot of character.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Nick_LFC said:
worst camera men Thailand.

game was over, my socks are not blown off. nice clean sheet though. better opposition coming.
Yup, really really bad, will follow up on it on my end

But probably our best tour game on the whole

Like I said, see Aspas as a Dempsey type player, might be a bit scruffy looking but will do his bit as a squad player I reckon

Most players did ok apart from Borini who was again ineffectual, not through lack of effort exactly, and maybe Johnson who was a bit half arsed as is his wont sometimes. Nothing major mind

Suarez looked a bit more interested today, maybe not at his sharpest but looked dangerous when on. Could have had a couple more but a worthwhile exercise

TV coverage an embarassment. Shite

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Decent performance. Coutinho a step above all around him, a world class player in the making. Good games for Allen, Gerrard and Toure. Aspas got his act together in the second half showing he has goals in him. Sadly another game where Borini failed to show anything. I know I will get the "give him time, hes young, been injured, hardly played" excuses but he has shown nothing (bar running around) to indicate he will make it at this level. Aspas who admittedly is older, has shown that he might just be a useful addition with goals and some good touches. He may find the physical demands on Premier League football tougher though but at least we can see he is capable.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Borini is aweful. Even that cheeky cameraman had more time in the television than borini!

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
Another good workout on the road to our opening game with Stoke. Clean sheet number three, I like our Belgian 'keeper who has done what he has with great aplomb!
This coming season will bare more fruit, with or without Suarez; and if he does go, then fine we'll adapt to life without him. It'll be a relief for those who are worried when its known whether he's going or staying, great player that he is, I'm not in the worrying camp!
Hope Ibe gets a fair few games in the coming season, enjoy watching him play, we have some exciting players to keep us enthralled this season so we'll be entertained.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
Yeah, tbh, this was a big opportunity for Borini today and, whilst I want to see him do well, he does seem to have a considerable lack of tricks to beat that last defender or two and doesn't offer much from deeper. Although I do fully expect him to work his ass off to improve and perhaps he can offer the team something in the future. For now I'll be praying Sturridge is fit to start the season and, if he isn't, I'll be hoping Aspas starts ahead of Borini. Still, I like the hard workers and hope he succeeds in the future.

Edit: Having said all that, the last 2 friendlies he has played have been WITHOUT anyone in the hole behind him or up front with him in attack. It is possible that one of either of these changes to tactics could help him as perhaps he has been too isolated.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
SirBillShankly said:
Any reason to have a moan ;)
In this case I think everyone will agree. Atrocious. I thought the Indonesian commentary sucked donkey dick but this was pretty embarrassing

Was a decent game but the whole thing was a bad sandwich job between the deification ceremonies for the crown prince's birthday (not a patch on his dad) where they bailed out before the final whistle went. A botch job

gb1986

104TOSH said:
Another good workout on the road to our opening game with Stoke. Clean sheet number three, I like our Belgian 'keeper who has done what he has with great aplomb!
This coming season will bare more fruit, with or without Suarez; and if he does go, then fine we'll adapt to life without him. It'll be a relief for those who are worried when its known whether he's going or staying, great player that he is, I'm not in the worrying camp!
Hope Ibe gets a fair few games in the coming season, enjoy watching him play, we have some exciting players to keep us enthralled this season so we'll be entertained.
Clean sheet number 4 that was actually.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
In all my time on here, never have the cameras been discussed more than the actual match, in an in match thread.

Hilarious.