• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Thailand Vs Liverpool (28th July 2013)

slufsar

Think Aspas will grow into a Cult hero. Has all the ingredients. Workrate and attitude mixed with good goalscoring ability. Our new Kuyt, but obviously a bit more technical and pacey.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Very happy with that run out. Looked to be a decent test for them at this stage of pre season. Coutinho was just superb. If suarez leaves he's going to be our new talisman and i dont think he will shrink at the responsibility at all. Lovely vision and composure.

Aspas might not look the silkiest of players but i think he's going to make a good contribution this season. Would be a super option from the bench or if starting eleven front line are out injured. Very happy with his addition for 7.7m.

Cameraman was shocking, first football game that Thai company must have covered, some of the replays and angles were unbelievably bad.

Long may the good pre season continue!

Rooster

What a hit son
I think BR mentioned something about the pre season games getting harder each time. Rubbish as this was a cakewalk compared to Melbourne.

The Asian tour was great for exposure, fans, team bonding and of course the mighty dollar. Do it again in future. I understand the Olympiakos game for Stevie but why did we not slot in a top Champions League team after that. Fuck it play Barca or Bayern. That will show us a bit more.

Anyway you can only beat what's in front of you and more Courtinho magic and clean sheets can't hurt.

Hurry up Stoke game.

spizfromoz

Es maluco, filho da puta!
WellRedKev said:
Aspas might not look the silkiest of players but i think he's going to make a good contribution this season. Would be a super option from the bench or if starting eleven front line are out injured. Very happy with his addition for 7.7m.
Not satisfied with his little back heal turn and shot for goal or his pass back to Stevie for his goal? Wow, Coutinho has really made us stare at the stars again.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
One problem I see in this tour is that we are still hitting the posts. When will this curse end? :D

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
spizfromoz said:
Not satisfied with his little back heal turn and shot for goal or his pass back to Stevie for his goal? Wow, Coutinho has really made us stare at the stars again.
I was satisified yeah. More industrious than silk, which i have no probelms with. Really happy with his addition to the squad.

therealkeano1

TIA Reserve Team
Rooster said:
I think BR mentioned something about the pre season games getting harder each time. Rubbish as this was a cakewalk compared to Melbourne.

The Asian tour was great for exposure, fans, team bonding and of course the mighty dollar. Do it again in future. I understand the Olympiakos game for Stevie but why did we not slot in a top Champions League team after that. Fuck it play Barca or Bayern. That will show us a bit more.

Anyway you can only beat what's in front of you and more Courtinho magic and clean sheets can't hurt.

Hurry up Stoke game.
We will be playin Celtic.

It was a good game today. Coutinho was magic and he will be a star. Allen was poor today but he has had a good tour overall. I still don't know how he got himself ahead of Henderson and I hope br doesn't have favourites.

spizfromoz

Es maluco, filho da puta!
WellRedKev said:
I was satisified yeah. More industrious than silk, which i have no probelms with. Really happy with his addition to the squad.
I think he has an eye for an opportunity to create a goal, not just score one. And he works for others by the look of him. But I'm trying not to let my thoughts boil over to excitement yet.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
I suspect that the goalposts in our training ground is slightly higher :lol:

wembley 65

TIA Youth Team
good hit out, coutihno was brilliant, aspas was superb and kolo was good at marshalling the defence, and when he came on luis looked sharp and interested.

Clive

http://youtu.be/erkJkCFoDAA

Full match on YouTube- comical TV direction, terrible angles and replays cutting off Aspas' goal!

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Yeah, really happy with how things are turning out. Now if we just clinch a few more signings...

Also, the kit that everyone thought is horrible, turned out pretty sexy when seen out on the pitch. Jerusalem Red will be pleased.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Bizarrely, it does actually look ok out there.

Weird shit really.

The kit that is.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Yeah, have completely got used to the away kit now. Really it looks fine. Still don't think I'd buy it, but it looks good on the pitch.

jerusalemred

Resident Fashionista
The truth is always somewhere inbetween. :d
I went to the local store recently to check out the white kit and was disappointed with the details. Especially the bottom white thread that ran through the pixel designs. Made it look cheap. The goalkeeper version looks great tho cos the black thread blends in with the dark purple base.

I guess the reason it looks good cos the players wore black shorts which breaks and hides the bottom part making the redlines stand out more.

I wouldn't buy it but I am confident the third kit would look great. It has very strong symmetry.

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
Hope in your heart said:
So... Jerusalemred was right, and we were all wrong? :icon_cyclops_ani:
I think you'll find that I was always a fan of the away kit. ;)

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Yeah the white kit is quite nice, didn't like the 3rd kit at all when I saw it on television.