• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Thank You Everton

snape

TIA Youth Team
teared. for all the animosity, the truth is we share the same blood.

Maria

FIFA Club Champions of The World
Ad-free Member
Everton and Liverpool are one people, one blood, one city.

Thank you Everton FC and Evertonians for supporting us for the last 23 years.

God Bless !

King Aldo

TIA Squad Member
Well done to Everton FC and their fans. Their support transcends the fierce football rivalry between us and for that they deserve tremendous respect and admiration.

The way the city of Liverpool stayed United in the face of adversity is inspirational.

Thanks for everything.

reddutchman

red. rouge. rojo.
Absolute class from Everton. A close friend of mine is a Everton supporting Scouser here in DC and he phoned me up the other day to offer his support despite the fact i am an American Liverpool fan. Some things are just more important than a football rivalry. You wouldn't see this sort of bond between City and Utd. supporters. Speaks volumes about the class and pedigree of the scouse people, you're all proper boss.

Odin_telamon

Remembering the 96
Beautiful just beautiful,rarely is there a case when actions speak louder than words,and this is one of those cases.

Rival,yes...but never enemies,much respect to everton,always will and always have had respect for them,two clubs that are a class apart from all the others no doubt about it IMO.

Thank you,very much from the soul

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Classy. This proves to everyone in this world that football rivalries only belong to the field. There will always be more important things in life than football and its rivalries. I hope we show them some appreciation when they visit Anfield.

Never Say Never

FSG are the iluminati
That was beautiful tribute from Everton. And in general, fans of every club have shown their support this week and for the past 23 years.
Very true. With so much pettiness and excess in the football world, gestures like this really hit home. Humanity can really surprise you sometimes and it goes to show that the truth really can prevail.

sami

TIA First Team
Very true. With so much pettiness and excess in the football world, gestures like this really hit home. Humanity can really surprise you sometimes and it goes to show that the truth really can prevail.
"Humanity can really surprise you"

That is true. What some people fail to realise is that this wasn't about Liverpool FC, or football at all. It was about innocent people losing their lives. Certain sections of certain fans see this as a football rivalry too. But Hillsborough, and Heysel, and Munich should not have happened. No one "deserved" to die. It is important that as we show respect to Hillsborough victims, we show the same amount of respect to the Heysel and Munich disaster victims.

Gears

TIA Regular
I'm not surprised to be honest, since I'm sure there are many everton fans whose families were affected. It's about time justice is being brought to this, and it makes a HUGE difference when other clubs are supporting us like this. Everton is part of the city, so I'm glad that they appreciate this solidarity accordingly.

Reading did the same last week which is just as great. We should do the same and show respect for munich victims. If we have a chance to show that we're not just football supporters, but also decent people....we should take it. Who knows, perhaps the mancs will appreciate we're willing to move past this silly racial drama that didn't need to go this far.

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
Great gesture by everton and their fans!
They know there are things in life more important than a football rivalry.

Alex Ferguson also was there and can be seen in the video paying his respects.
Well done Fergie. I hope your club's fans are going to follow your example.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Classy. This proves to everyone in this world that football rivalries only belong to the field. There will always be more important things in life than football and its rivalries. I hope we show them some appreciation when they visit Anfield.
It brought back memories of the 1984 League Cup Final and the united chanting of 'Merseyside, Merseyside, Merseyside'. It's a pity that rivalries between clubs, not just us and EFC, have grown so bitter in more recent times. Let's just hope that the United fans now 'get it' following all the criticism they got after the Wigan game.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Very classy work by Everton. I almost feel sorry for them having their goals robbed from them.

Gaz L10

TIA New Signing
Great gesture and very moving,just hope the same sort of respesct is shown at wkend off them and us!
And them poor mascots looked bloody freezing!

howhardgerrard

TIA Squad Member
We should also thank the many clubs around the country that did something similar. Reading, Sunderland, Norwich are three that I am instantly aware of , I am sure you guys can continue the list below me....

redbill

TIA Squad Member
http://www.redcafe.n...h-files-337931/

A credit to their club. Just goes to show that most of us know when to rise above football and behave like decent human beings. There will always be the odd scumbag, unfortunately.

Brighton and Hove Albion Vs Sheffield Wednesday. A minutes' silence

Napoli fans

Our gratitude to football fans everywhere. May be should erect something at the away end letting them know how we appreciate their support.

A perfect opportunity if there was one, to bury the hatchet with some. Hope our lot keep a lid on any kind of vile chanting when the Mancs visit this weekend.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
unlike footballs clubs all over who paid tribute this week, EFC and its fans have stood by LFC and the families for 23 years.

a friend of mine who is an Everton fan told me once, that Everton fans feel like they are a part of the Hllsborough tragedy, and they felt they were prosecuted then as well.

they have stood by us, and with us, for 23 years. I really think they deserve a tribute when they come to Anfield.