• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

The Anfield Wrap

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Cheers for reminding me, will give it a listen in a bit.

If, like me, you waste far too much time on websites like this one reading and debating about Liverpool football club, then this is essential listening.

Such a good podcast. The articles on their site are always superb, too.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
2014? Grrr still having to wait.

Thought Liverpool City Council had to announce plans on the area if we stayed or moved to Stanley Park.

Due to my love of Anfield I kind of hope this is true though.

But taking everything with a pinch of salt till comes from LFC.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Listen to this weekly on my commute to work. I was evening listening to it on holiday in Cambodia this year. The joys of wifi at hotels!

2014? Grrr still having to wait.

Thought Liverpool City Council had to announce plans on the area if we stayed or moved to Stanley Park.

Due to my love of Anfield I kind of hope this is true though.

But taking everything with a pinch of salt till comes from LFC.
Heads up -wrong thread mate

fcukManU

still a dani pacheco stan
Really fortunate as LFC fans to have this great podcast. I only listen to one other football podcast, and it's on the BBC about football in general, but the Anfield Wrap is now my favourite podcast. I always load a few things up on my Ipod before I go to sleep, and it's just great to relax and listen to the Anfield Wrap, heck near therapeutic. Top stuff.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Love The Anfield Wrap and been a subscriber since the beginning but today Ive cancelled my subscription.
Due to lack of travel I just dont get the time to listen to all of their content - There are some shows that I have no interest in - but used to listen to 80% of it when commuting.
Just checked the App and I have about 20 unplayed shows downloaded.
Glad I was with them for the CL and no 19 as the content is excellent.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Love their transfer games but they’ll always struggle this time of year. Plus, calling the scenes at the Pier Head “Tory” pissed me off no end.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
I actually think theres too much content and some of it repeats at lot but its great if you have time to listen to them all and enjoy them all.
Ill miss the Gutter, the post match shows and match reviews.

Do they still do a weekly free one?

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
They bang on to much . Surely.

I listened a bit last season but they just seemed to state opinion as fact

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
They bang on to much . Surely.

I listened a bit last season but they just seemed to state opinion as fact
I sometimes had it on while working from home and my missus (arsenal fan) used to say "they are literally repeating what was in the last show!"
I replied - fuck off you bitter Gooner haha.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
I sometimes had it on while working from home and my missus (arsenal fan) used to say "they are literally repeating what was in the last show!"
I replied - fuck off you bitter Gooner haha.
I have noticed a lot of repetition creeping in to the discussions. Literally the same point being made across several shows.

I think they are spread too thin. Not enough to drive the number of shows they do. That might be an off season thing, but it might also be that they are just trying to do too much.

I tend to avoid the non-footy shows like AQA, and the Liverpool cultural stuff that just isn’t relevant to me.

Sweeting

I have noticed a lot of repetition creeping in to the discussions. Literally the same point being made across several shows.

I think they are spread too thin. Not enough to drive the number of shows they do. That might be an off season thing, but it might also be that they are just trying to do too much.

I tend to avoid the non-footy shows like AQA, and the Liverpool cultural stuff that just isn’t relevant to me.
I stopped listening when they used to randomly drop some absolutely shite Liverpool band in the middle of the discussions and play a full length track by them. Ain't nobody got time for that.

They play up the "I'm from Liverpool and I'm Scouse as fuck" angle way too hard as well, gets really annoying.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
I've been listening to free shows. When they went to paid service, quality of show (the free one) dropped by a lot. Instead of the enthusiasm and chemistry they had, you could tell they were going through the motions and rehashing things they'd said across multiple shows without the enthusiasm to really get into it, because they'd already had the conversation x amount of times.

Still generally enjoy it though.

Herb

Used to be a subscriber but I’ve gone off them quite a bit lately to be honest. The higher tier is not value for money at all anymore really, as mentioned above a lot of the content feels like it’s repetitive. The same discussions being had across different podcasts. A lot of the contributors I liked seem to appear sparingly now.

Their twitter feed has become embarrassing as well. Constantly seeking to make everything about us or taking digs at clubs that are just completely unnecessary. Seems like they’ve decided to buy fully into the weird football twitter sphere and try to put stuff out there that does numbers with all the 13 year olds who pretend to be a certain player.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Id agree with that.
Good luck to them though as they must've made a small fortune from doing something they love.
Dont half of them own Restaurants here and abroad? Think someone called Paul owns about 4.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Their twitter feed has become embarrassing as well. Constantly seeking to make everything about us or taking digs at clubs that are just completely unnecessary. Seems like they’ve decided to buy fully into the weird football twitter sphere and try to put stuff out there that does numbers with all the 13 year olds who pretend to be a certain player.
Yeah Id agree with that. The Twitter feed now just seems to be there to alienate other fan bases. They should be better than sinking to the common twitter fans IQ - as most of them are 12 and have an obsession with naming their-selves after a footballer and change support when the player moves clubs. Odd.