The attack - what's the answer?

Incognito

The Normal One
I was wondering if Klopp has been using the 4-2-3-1 often this season to provide the defensive stability and for us to have a different approach which probably helped us win against the lesser teams quite easily in the first half of the season, can't the same be used by tweaking and having Salah on right and Bobby upfront? When it comes to goal scoring abilities, and interplay inside the box, I believe Bobby would be far more lethal than Salah. Even last season (or previous) I presume, when Firmino played on the left at times, we always wondered why Klopp wasn't playing him more central where he was the most dangerous.

The reason till now probably was there was no one to drive the ball forwards and hence Bobby had to do that work. But now with Keita playing more regularly, Salah's pace down the right might provide something different as our goals have dried up a bit. We can still have the 2 midfielders Fab and Gini/ Hendo at the base and have a much fluid front line.

Claymenza

I was wondering if Klopp has been using the 4-2-3-1 often this season to provide the defensive stability and for us to have a different approach which probably helped us win against the lesser teams quite easily in the first half of the season, can't the same be used by tweaking and having Salah on right and Bobby upfront? When it comes to goal scoring abilities, and interplay inside the box, I believe Bobby would be far more lethal than Salah. Even last season (or previous) I presume, when Firmino played on the left at times, we always wondered why Klopp wasn't playing him more central where he was the most dangerous.

The reason till now probably was there was no one to drive the ball forwards and hence Bobby had to do that work. But now with Keita playing more regularly, Salah's pace down the right might provide something different as our goals have dried up a bit. We can still have the 2 midfielders Fab and Gini/ Hendo at the base and have a much fluid front line.
I like how fabinho and keita have some skill on the ball to carry it forward, even if the passing lanes are clogged.

Anfield rd Dreamer

@Incognito "believe Bobby would be far more lethal than Salah..."

So far this season Salah has scored 5 and assisted 2 in 17 games on the right. He's scored 14 and assisted 8 in 16 games in the centre. I wouldn't be playing him anywhere but Central.

Incognito

The Normal One
@Incognito "believe Bobby would be far more lethal than Salah..."

So far this season Salah has scored 5 and assisted 2 in 17 games on the right. He's scored 14 and assisted 8 in 16 games in the centre. I wouldn't be playing him anywhere but Central.
That's an interesting stat. Didn't know he has already played 17 games on the right this season. But again those were against the top 6 sides when we were playing 4-3-3 right? Another factor could be no one to provide when he's on the right, whereas he getting into lot more goal scoring opportunities when in center. Interesting stat to know would be how many goals in all we have scored when he's on right. If that number itself is low then above stat would become proportional.

My concern is more regarding Bobby than Salah. When he's dropping too deep there's no one to make those small triangles, flicks etc to break down a bus and he in recent days look way out of touch dropping deep.

Limiescouse

I was wondering if Klopp has been using the 4-2-3-1 often this season to provide the defensive stability and for us to have a different approach
The geggenpress has traditionally been Klopp's main play maker. When the opposition has little of the ball and does not commit players forward when they do have it then you have nothing to press and no transition to try and take advantage of. The result is you then need your players to create for you. The 4-2-3-1 gets another attacking player on the pitch and so can better combat the way teams are playing us this season in the league. You will note that against the better sides we have often gone to the 4-3-3, and that is in large part because Klopp views it as the better "pressing formation" and know those are the games in which we are potentially able to hurt the opposition with the counterpress.

santana

salah in front seems to be the striker .. right ?
wrong !
he is in front the play maker so who is the striker ?
the striker is the line behind salah which contains firmino mane and shaq or kieta !
long time ago i told you to bring lemar or rabiot but now liverpool must bring the king of magic pass ., ozil !
and i want to say something when gomez and trent not there you must not put milner there because you make midfield weak and not strength defend line so bring camacho and leave milner in his position !

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
salah in front seems to be the striker .. right ?
wrong !
he is in front the play maker so who is the striker ?
the striker is the line behind salah which contains firmino mane and shaq or kieta !
long time ago i told you to bring lemar or rabiot but now liverpool must bring the king of magic pass ., ozil !
and i want to say something when gomez and trent not there you must not put milner there because you make midfield weak and not strength defend line so bring camacho and leave milner in his position !
There is more chance of Klopp signing Balotelli than there is Ozil. The lad wouldn’t run if his arse was on fire.