• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

The King's Quotes

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
If there is one thing that i will always remeber last season for, will be the fact that i had the previllige to hear the King speak and abuse the Media.

i have been trying to find all thequotes from the press confrences, but am falling short.
has records of this, from before the forum crushed, please post it up.

seasons come and go, but this is for posterity.

starshadow

Agreed, seeing one of my idols abuse one of my most hated institutions, the British media, will always warm my heart :)

shachart

before the game against the scum, which fell on his birthday, the king was asked whether he would invite Ferguson to a glass of wine.
"it's my birthday, he 'll have what everybody else gets".

see the complete inteview here:

couldn't find the clip of the kop singing happy birthday.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
i love him.

slag me off all you like, but i love him.

slag me off for defending him at every chance...call me a negative cunt... call me a whinging bastard...but i love him....hes earnt the right to be defended at every op.

yes, mick, thats aimed fairly and squarely at you, take all the 'likes' you want ......ill defend the true king for as long as it takes.

shachart

i love him.

slag me off all you like, but i love him.

slag me off for defending him at every chance...call me a negative cunt... call me a whinging bastard...but i love him....hes earnt the right to be defended at every op.

yes, mick, thats aimed fairly and squarely at you, take all the 'likes' you want ......ill defend the true king for as long as it takes.
i won't defend him, don't need to.
he IS the King, what ever he does, wherever he goes, i'll follow.
No one is more important than the club, but if there was ever a man who comes close, that will be him.

comRED

TIA Regular
Words cannot describe my love for this man. I miss him and his witty pressers..

redbj

i read a fair bit of history, i love medievil england, im suggesting sir alex would have been sir alex in any era.....***insert winky thingo***

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Sacking him was a disgrace, something I still can't come to terms with, and fsg have truly lost me because of this. We'll never go anywhere with owners lacking the elementary intelligence to see that Kenny was the right man to stabilise the club, and to take us forward from there. All which was needed was a wee bit of patience and loyalty, which they failed to give to a man who was deserving more of it than anyone else.

Now, we all have to lay down in the bed they prepared for us, and I'm ready to bet that they will bitterly regret firing him before the end of this season, if that isn't already the case.

I for one regret him immensely, because of the overall class and quality of the man, but also because we lost a huge opportunity to go back to the top rapidly. Now, we'll have to wait a long, long time before we get anywhere near I'm afraid, probably after going through multiple gaffer changes, and also probably after fsg throw in the towel and leave the club to better owners...

(I'm a miserable bastard, I know, but I have never ever witnessed such a suicidal move from football club owners, and it just shows how much they lack any clue regarding LFC)

Also really really missing that wonderful thread we had with all his sharp and witty quotes.

wembley 65

TIA Youth Team
come on guys, kenny will always be the king but i think it was a mistake to bring him back, sure he fired up the team initially but last season he lost it again and was making some quite erratic decisions.

redbj

just the fact that he calls him 'fergie' is enough for me.

RedLaw

JFT96
Whilst I fully support Brendan, it was too soon to sack Kenny and subsequently Steve Clarke.

The man is, purely and simply, a legend. Right up there with Shanks and Paisley, and we sacked him. It's shameful any way you look at it.

One of my fav Kenny vids:

FreakLFC

Thanks for that video. What a legend he is!
What on earth were the owners thinking?

shachart

why should kenny be knighted ?

isn't a knight a demotion for a king ?

shachart

whether Kenny was the greatest manager in lfc history? hard to say, but everybody will agree he is up there with the best of them.
was he the greatest player to pull on the red shirt ? no one can say, but again he is right up there in the top 5 ( at least in my book ).

what makes him the king, is everything else.
never knew the story on Muamba. can't say i'm surprised, though.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
One of our best managers!

One of our best players!

One of our best supporters!

In my opinion the best PERSON to ever be associated with our club hands down.

King Kenny YNWA

lfc55555

TIA First Team

i remember the first game he came back as manager. first game back, losing 1-0 away at old trafford, with 10 men - not happy about the result.

everything about that man is liverpool. the attitude, the philsophy, the way he talks, everything that comes out of his mouth is liverpool football club. if someone knew nothing about football and wanted to understand our club all youd need to tell them to do is listen to kenny speak.

in response to one of the posts as to who was the greatest manager, shankly built the club, paisley was arguably the best manager (3 european cups, 1 uefa cup and 6 titles in 9 years) whilst arguably kenny created the greatest liverpool team ever in 88.

however kenny returning as manager was more than just an individual running the day to day affairs, picking the team etc... he was the figurehead that was re-introducing the style, philosophy and know how of shankly, paisley, moran, fagan. thats what many didnt seem to get.

for me thats what we lost and pisses me off the most by getting rid of him after 1 season. we lost the opportunity to tap into that knowledge and reintegrate our philosophy back into the club.

its like reopening a book that has the blueprint for success that was kept at the back of a cupboard, having it right in front of you, and then closing the book again after chapter one.

22 years away from the club, 1 season back, 2 cup finals and a trophy at the first attempt. sacked.

lancashirelad

Whilst I fully support Brendan, it was too soon to sack Kenny and subsequently Steve Clarke.

The man is, purely and simply, a legend. Right up there with Shanks and Paisley, and we sacked him. It's shameful any way you look at it.

One of my fav Kenny vids:

Brilliant thanks, never seen this before, great to watch

lancashirelad

why should kenny be knighted ?

isn't a knight a demotion for a king ?
I have been asked that a lot since the HIP, here's my response ..

He should be recognized for his efforts during the time of the Hillsborough disaster and after, Kenny Dalglish has shown outstanding support to all of the families concerned in the disaster, he met with them, counseled them and told them they were not alone.
Kenny Dalglish attended many funerals of the victims including four in one day and was greatly praised for the dignity and compassion he showed in the aftermath of the tragedy.
Not only did he attend many of the lost fan's funerals, he also visited their families and offered support to them and offered them guidance in letting them know they would not walk alone. In the days following the tragedy the City united. Reds and blues came together. It is important to remember that not all of the 96 were from Liverpool. The wider Liverpool community came together as one. One Scotsman made sure nobody walked alone. The role of Kenny Dalglish in the aftermath of Hillsborough was immense. He carried a football club and a grieving city.

Since then, Dalglish has organized charity matches and rose awareness for 'justice for the 96' campaign which succeeded in the revelations of a police cover up on September the 12th 2012.

And also for this:

And... a very very tiny small part of me, and some of the thousands who have signed the petition, (as the initiator of the petition I have the great privilege to read the reasons they signed it) to see the look on FSGs collective faces when he is knighted. And after that I'm going to get Bob Paisley knighted posthumously!

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
(...)

for me thats what we lost and pisses me off the most by getting rid of him after 1 season. we lost the opportunity to tap into that knowledge and reintegrate our philosophy back into the club.

its like reopening a book that has the blueprint for success that was kept at the back of a cupboard, having it right in front of you, and then closing the book again after chapter one.

22 years away from the club, 1 season back, 2 cup finals and a trophy at the first attempt. sacked.
Well said, mate, very well said...

[font=Helvetica Neue'][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]
(...)

(...)
Very emotional video. And that last part especially, about Henry 'he doesn't seem to understand this' (how Kenny is closely linked with the club and the fans, and how much we believed in him), and then 'we can do nothing about it'. It's heartbreaking to be honest.

That's why I have been writing about fans ownership today. If we were fans owned like Bayern or some other giant clubs, Kenny would still be in charge and we would most probably be happy buns all together, happy to give him the time he needed, happy to celebrate goals with him, chanting his song, listening to his unique and sharp wit during press conferences etc.

Oh well... :([/background]
[/font]

lancashirelad

Well said, mate, very well said...

[font=Helvetica Neue']Very emotional video. And that last part especially, about Henry 'he doesn't seem to understand this' (how Kenny is closely linked with the club and the fans, and how much we believed in him), and then 'we can do nothing about it'. It's heartbreaking to be honest.[/font]
I agree, I'm a American now, and as such I get embarrassed by some of FSGs actions, but also I'm still a Brit (dual Citizenship) and I can't imagine a person such as Ian Ayre running a football club, so I get doubly charged up about the goings on at Anfield.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
[font='Helvetica Neue'']Very emotional video. And that last part especially, about Henry 'he doesn't seem to understand this' (how Kenny is closely linked with the club and the fans, and how much we believed in him), and then 'we can do nothing about it'. It's heartbreaking to be honest.[/font]
That bold part is very subjective these days Hope....

I still blame the players, till the day I die, I blame the players for his departure more so than the owners themselves. Here's one that the players we had don't get the hint....

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
I can't.

Worse than attending a funeral of a loved one, that video.

I need to collect my thoughts.

I need to think of happy moments. That moment when we won the CC.

The FAC semi against Everton.

And my most cherished moment with my son, watching us in the FAC Final.

Thank you Sir Kenny.