• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The midfield - What's the answer?

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Yup. We need to add injury prone midfielder to our already existing injury prone midfielders.

Below is what Mou moans about Ndombele.

"He's always injured. He's injured, he's not injured, he plays one match, next week he's injured, he plays another match. We are full of hopes.

"This is it since the beginning of the season. Of course, it is a concern.

"You think you have a good player, you think he is in an evolution process, he plays very well against Norwich, you are full of hopes that today he is ready for it.

"And he is not ready for it. I cannot say much more than that. It's a situation from the beginning of the season."
Fuck me. I've heard of players being thrown under the bus by managers, but that is a whole nother level.

Limiescouse

It seems he's either saying we're going to smash 6 past Atletico at the Wanda, or the wheels are going to come off after coming up against Moyes.

AlwaysRatedLovren

#6 - Fabinho (26), Henderson (29) Wijnaldum (29), Lallana (31)
#8 - Keita (24), Wijnaldum (29), Milner (34), Oxlade (26)
#8 - Henderson (29), Oxlade (26), Lallana (31)

Well the answer is here. Lallana is on his way out, Milner is 34. So basically we're left with Fabinho, Hendo, Gini, Keita, Ox. That's 5 players for 3 positions. Consider injuries, mad schedule + Gini and Hendo are almost 30 and Keita is not the most consistent player out there. All in all Fabinho is the only 100% starter, Hendo, Keita, Gini and Ox are close but can't see how signing a young box-to-box player with a great potential could hurt us. The competition is always a good thing.

Anyway, laughed that just as we were talking about this, Murphy suddenly decided we needed to sign Xhaka :D "If Xhaka was in Liverpool’s side with Henderson and Fabinho, he would look a hell of a player because he is technically good, a good passer, has a great shot on him and he has the ability with his great left foot to open you up"https://tribuna.com/en/liverpoolfc/news/3541456/ I'd rather cut off my arm than sign this guy.

Flobs

FADA
#6 - Fabinho (26), Henderson (29) Wijnaldum (29), Lallana (31)
#8 - Keita (24), Wijnaldum (29), Milner (34), Oxlade (26)
#8 - Henderson (29), Oxlade (26), Lallana (31)

Well the answer is here. Lallana is on his way out, Milner is 34. So basically we're left with Fabinho, Hendo, Gini, Keita, Ox. That's 5 players for 3 positions. Consider injuries, mad schedule + Gini and Hendo are almost 30 and Keita is not the most consistent player out there. All in all Fabinho is the only 100% starter, Hendo, Keita, Gini and Ox are close but can't see how signing a young box-to-box player with a great potential could hurt us. The competition is always a good thing.

Anyway, laughed that just as we were talking about this, Murphy suddenly decided we needed to sign Xhaka :D "If Xhaka was in Liverpool’s side with Henderson and Fabinho, he would look a hell of a player because he is technically good, a good passer, has a great shot on him and he has the ability with his great left foot to open you up"https://tribuna.com/en/liverpoolfc/news/3541456/ I'd rather cut off my arm than sign this guy.
What a horrible thought! (that Xhaka bit)