The Owners

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
No guarantee of that at all. Who makes the decisions under fan ownership? What are their credentials? There's plenty of passion but little acumen within SOS, for example.
Wouldn’t there be an AGM and EGM to vote in board of directors, in turn appoint the executive heads which then hire the management crew to run the corporation?

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Everything has a price - everything can be for sale. E.g My car is not for sale, but if you turn up with enough cash I will sell it. Same as my house, my trainers, and my arsehole.

Click baiting at its best - will help bring out the same usual arguments for and against the owners.

Mods you could just delete 50 pages of this thread and adjust the dates on the remaining posts and no one would be any wiser.
Not sure how much I’d sell my arsehole for.... quite precious to me.

dockers_strike

I dont think the club is actively for sale. Like others have said, everything has its price if someone offers enough. I do think FSG are continuing to look for a minority investor although exactly how that works and what the minority investor gets for their money, Im not sure.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
The easy bit is putting a figure on it ...... the difficult bit is finding someonevwilling to meet that valuation!

My fear is that the sort of prospective buyers who are not only capable of stumping up but willing to stump up that sort of dosh are not necessarily the type of owners this club wants or needs.m

Maria

I thought FSG were going to be at Liverpool long term, this is what they said or words to that effect.I am hugely worried tbh and it had come as a bit of a shock by selling now!

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
I thought FSG were going to be at Liverpool long term, this is what they said or words to that effect.I am hugely worried tbh and it had come as a bit of a shock by selling now!

Maria, I suspect that the club has been on the market since FSG took over. Its no different to any other business acquisition. There is nothing to suggest that a sale is any more imminent now than it was 12 months ago. Conversely, FSG could very well still be the club’s owners in 12 month’s time. I don’t think you need to be unduly concerned just now! :-)

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Important to note that it is the New York Post, not the Washington Post. The Washington Post is one of the two most important and credible newspapers in America. The New York Post is designed to be read and left on the subway.
Correction duly noted. Thanks.

Maria

Important to note that it is the New York Post, not the Washington Post. The Washington Post is one of the two most important and credible newspapers in America. The New York Post is designed to be read and left on the subway.
I didn't know this. I found some of their articles so misleading and inaccurate a times especially in Middle Eastern current affairs, I stopped reading it. Thanks for the information

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I didn't know this. I found some of their articles so misleading and inaccurate a times especially in Middle Eastern current affairs, I stopped reading it. Thanks for the information
Suffice to say that it is a Murdoch publication which sent an editorial team to study how the S*n was done when he acquired it.

Commando

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
I hope so. If the club ended up a front for the Saudi Arabian Royal Family, that would be the end of road for me and LFC.
Count me in. For people in Liverpool, it's different, they'll support their local club no matter what, and it's only right. But for me, it would be the end, and I'd probably stop watching elite football at the same time.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin

StEtiennesLeftBoot

Allez les rouges - we ain't never gonna stop..
Said it all along. FSG have been great owners. Better the devil you know. We’d all love owners with bottomless pockets who love the game and want nothing but success. Pretty much like FSG are with their rounders team. Crazy money from an oppresive totalatarian regime would be a different matter. Winning at all and any costs?

Could we all offer to chip £200 in? All 10 million of us?

Didn’t think so.......
I would