• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Owners

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Important to note that it is the New York Post, not the Washington Post. The Washington Post is one of the two most important and credible newspapers in America. The New York Post is designed to be read and left on the subway.
Correction duly noted. Thanks.

Maria

FIFA Club Champions of The World
Ad-free Member
Important to note that it is the New York Post, not the Washington Post. The Washington Post is one of the two most important and credible newspapers in America. The New York Post is designed to be read and left on the subway.
I didn't know this. I found some of their articles so misleading and inaccurate a times especially in Middle Eastern current affairs, I stopped reading it. Thanks for the information

Commando

Ad-free Member

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
I hope so. If the club ended up a front for the Saudi Arabian Royal Family, that would be the end of road for me and LFC.
Count me in. For people in Liverpool, it's different, they'll support their local club no matter what, and it's only right. But for me, it would be the end, and I'd probably stop watching elite football at the same time.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin

StEtiennesLeftBoot

The perch is on...standby for the ride!
Said it all along. FSG have been great owners. Better the devil you know. We’d all love owners with bottomless pockets who love the game and want nothing but success. Pretty much like FSG are with their rounders team. Crazy money from an oppresive totalatarian regime would be a different matter. Winning at all and any costs?

Could we all offer to chip £200 in? All 10 million of us?

Didn’t think so.......
I would

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
personally, I would be gutted if the owners sold the club,
I think they have done a grand job since buying the club,

This club was a fucking mess, when they took over, make no mistake about that,
we where a ship drifting and lost at sea

they have got rid of all the dead wood, brought a calmness, stability, professionalism and direction to the club,
increased the capacity and have plans to add more seats, increased revenue
and any cash they have made has been re-invested in the club, ( I know other will argue about the cash bit)

So whats not to like?

Granted, it hasn't all been plain sailing and they have made mistakes, Comolli, Moneyball, Rodgers, and the TC
(where I think they where trying to be too smart, and get ahead of the game)
but they realised their mistake pretty quickly and changed their thinking and adapted,
so they are not stubborn in their thinking and can change to suit the clubs needs.

So I hope they are here for a very long time,

ptt

2020, head of the table.

they have got rid of all the dead wood, brought a calmness, stability, professionalism and direction to the club,
and any cash they have made has been re-invested in the club, ( I know other will argue about the cash bit)

So whats not to like?

Granted, it hasn't all been plain sailing and they have made mistakes, Comolli, Moneyball, Rodgers, and the TC
but they realised their mistake pretty quickly and changed their thinking and adapted,
so they are not stubborn in their thinking and can change to suit the clubs needs.

Amen brother.

Claymenza

The owners have been great so far. It's not like we have a finance issue. Our books are good and so are the results.
Also, if man united is worth 4 billion, I don't see why we're only worth half that. We're progressing and they are regressing.

I like how FSG were decisive about expanding anfield instead of moving to stanley park. The reign of rodgers was positive in nature, because we started playing proper football. When Klopp took over, he was happy to have a side that already good at football and cranked up the intensity.

Last edited:

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

So whats not to like?

the best compliment i can pay the owners is that even just a few years ago my first thought would be that you would be an FSG PR plant even on a wee website like this......now at least i give your POV some thought.

i think im just burnt by the whole owners being so influencial in deciding the outcome of the sport...from Hand G to the owners of Chelsea and Citeh, through to Berlusconi.....it even happens in smaller leagues....its like a game within a game now.

Spitfire

Resident Realist
the best compliment i can pay the owners is that even just a few years ago my first thought would be that you would be an FSG PR plant even on a wee website like this......now at least i give your POV some thought.

i think im just burnt by the whole owners being so influencial in deciding the outcome of the sport...from Hand G to the owners of Chelsea and Citeh, through to Berlusconi.....it even happens in smaller leagues....its like a game within a game now.
To me the best thing is they are letting the work and resutls do the talking. We aren;t seeing constant updates press messages, posturing form the directors box etc etc.

They seem to have a plan - know the people they want to drive it and are now quietly supporting it along the way.

They aren't perfect - but they are about as good as we could have hoped for based on the circumstances, with which we ended up with them.

On a side note a tip of the hat to Martin Broughton - recently read an interview he did on some fo the detail around that time..........a lesser man and we could have been in a world of shit!