The Owners

Bonus

TIA New Signing
personally, I would be gutted if the owners sold the club,
I think they have done a grand job since buying the club,

This club was a fucking mess, when they took over, make no mistake about that,
we where a ship drifting and lost at sea

they have got rid of all the dead wood, brought a calmness, stability, professionalism and direction to the club,
increased the capacity and have plans to add more seats, increased revenue
and any cash they have made has been re-invested in the club, ( I know other will argue about the cash bit)

So whats not to like?

Granted, it hasn't all been plain sailing and they have made mistakes, Comolli, Moneyball, Rodgers, and the TC
(where I think they where trying to be too smart, and get ahead of the game)
but they realised their mistake pretty quickly and changed their thinking and adapted,
so they are not stubborn in their thinking and can change to suit the clubs needs.

So I hope they are here for a very long time,

ptt

2019, a year of incredible celebration

they have got rid of all the dead wood, brought a calmness, stability, professionalism and direction to the club,
and any cash they have made has been re-invested in the club, ( I know other will argue about the cash bit)

So whats not to like?

Granted, it hasn't all been plain sailing and they have made mistakes, Comolli, Moneyball, Rodgers, and the TC
but they realised their mistake pretty quickly and changed their thinking and adapted,
so they are not stubborn in their thinking and can change to suit the clubs needs.

Amen brother.

Claymenza

The owners have been great so far. It's not like we have a finance issue. Our books are good and so are the results.
Also, if man united is worth 4 billion, I don't see why we're only worth half that. We're progressing and they are regressing.

I like how FSG were decisive about expanding anfield instead of moving to stanley park. The reign of rodgers was positive in nature, because we started playing proper football. When Klopp took over, he was happy to have a side that already good at football and cranked up the intensity.

Last edited:

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

So whats not to like?

the best compliment i can pay the owners is that even just a few years ago my first thought would be that you would be an FSG PR plant even on a wee website like this......now at least i give your POV some thought.

i think im just burnt by the whole owners being so influencial in deciding the outcome of the sport...from Hand G to the owners of Chelsea and Citeh, through to Berlusconi.....it even happens in smaller leagues....its like a game within a game now.

Spitfire

Resident Realist
the best compliment i can pay the owners is that even just a few years ago my first thought would be that you would be an FSG PR plant even on a wee website like this......now at least i give your POV some thought.

i think im just burnt by the whole owners being so influencial in deciding the outcome of the sport...from Hand G to the owners of Chelsea and Citeh, through to Berlusconi.....it even happens in smaller leagues....its like a game within a game now.
To me the best thing is they are letting the work and resutls do the talking. We aren;t seeing constant updates press messages, posturing form the directors box etc etc.

They seem to have a plan - know the people they want to drive it and are now quietly supporting it along the way.

They aren't perfect - but they are about as good as we could have hoped for based on the circumstances, with which we ended up with them.

On a side note a tip of the hat to Martin Broughton - recently read an interview he did on some fo the detail around that time..........a lesser man and we could have been in a world of shit!

Kopstar

★★★★★
WTH? Would that be something dated October 1 as in prior years?
Yes, it would need to be filed by 15 October 2018. Failure to file it on time is an offence committed by—

(a) the company,

(b) every director of the company,

(c) in the case of a private company with a secretary or a public company, every secretary of the company, and

(d) every other officer of the company who is in default.

For this purpose a shadow director is treated as a director.

(853L of the Companies Act 2006)

That might then prompt the Registrar to send a notice requesting that information within 14 days and then, if no response had been received, send a further notice that if no response is received within a further 14 days from the second communication that a notice of strike off may be published in the Gazette...

The timing suggests somebody at UKSV hasn't a) filed the confirmation statement by 15 October, b) responded to the first 14 day notice letter, c) failed to respond to the second/final 14 day notice letter...

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Yes, it would need to be filed by 15 October 2018. Failure to file it on time is an offence committed by—

(a) the company,

(c) in the case of a private company with a secretary or a public company, every secretary of the company, and

That might then prompt the Registrar to send a notice requesting that information within 14 days and then, if no response had been received, send a further notice that if no response is received within a further 14 days from the second communication that a notice of strike off may be published in the Gazette...

The timing suggests somebody at UKSV hasn't a) filed the confirmation statement by 15 October, b) responded to the first 14 day notice letter, c) failed to respond to the second/final 14 day notice letter...

WAKE UP PEOPLE!
I had been waiting for the Confirmation Statement in anticipation of possible changes, given the delay in publication.

However, to miss so many deadlines is very poor form. It's not as though the Confirmation Statement is a long and complicated document - the last one was all of four pages long (and mostly white space).

(a) the company,

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Forgive my ignorance and having absolutely no clue about the legal side of business,in laymans terms,what does this actually mean and it's potential outcome on the club?

Kopstar

★★★★★
Forgive my ignorance and having absolutely no clue about the legal side of business,in laymans terms,what does this actually mean and it's potential outcome on the club?
In terms of liability, fines in the daily amount of up to £500 for each director. In terms of what happens if the holding company is struck off then the assets (and UKSV own 100% of the shares in Liverpool Football Club and Athletics Grounds Limited) pass to the Crown (bona vacantia). The Treasury Solicitor will then look to sell those assets for market value.

That's some way off though but no doubt someone needs to start sorting this out sharpish.

Lowton_Red

In terms of liability, fines in the daily amount of up to £500 for each director. In terms of what happens if the holding company is struck off then the assets (and UKSV own 100% of the shares in Liverpool Football Club and Athletics Grounds Limited) pass to the Crown (bona vacantia). The Treasury Solicitor will then look to sell those assets for market value.

That's some way off though but no doubt someone needs to start sorting this out sharpish.
Isn't it likely that HMRC would object to UKSV being struck off the register of companies and dissolved, as any outstanding tax liabilities would be lost?

Lowton_Red

They'd be payable from the assets though.
Although the assets would pass to the crown, any liabilities would be extinguished:

Bona vacantia dissolved companies

"Property, cash and any other assets owned by a company when it is dissolved automatically pass to the Crown. This is because the law says this happens. You can find the main provisions of this law in the Companies Act 2006.

Liabilities of a company do not pass to the Crown on dissolution: they are normally extinguished."