The Owners

[email protected]

Seen that around a few threads. It is quite eye catching in a way that a spreadsheet just simply isn't. Chelsea came from nowhere in the mid 2000's and City from absolutely nowhere in just over a decade.

Pah. Money, money, money. That's all their success is. Bought and paid for off the shelf.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
I'm not 100% on the clubs books and by no means an accountant,but when we sold Coutinho in 2017/18 season we made £170mill in sales overall but spent £150mill (VVD,Salah,Robertson and AOC),making a £20mill profit,we've just spent £170mill this summer and sold £30mill,so on the last 2 seasons transfers we've spent £120mill.We've probably got funds held back from deep CL runs but all i was saying was don't expect us to go breaking transfer records on every position we need to strengthen in during the summer,if Klopp see's the right player at the right price,aslong as he fits the team then he'll buy him,even if it's only a £10-20mill fee.
I took this from the 'who you would buy' thread.....

and it made me think that we are so well run nowadays,
and the crazy amount of money LFC takes in, is been spent in the right places at the right time.

its a far cry from the days of Hicks and Gillett who would spend any income on paying off debt to buy the club
and fantasy stadium designs!

the progress made and the change in fortune since John Henry and co. arrived in Oct 2010,
and then eventually appointed Klopp 5 years later is mind blowing!

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I took this from the 'who you would buy' thread.....

and it made me think that we are so well run nowadays,
and the crazy amount of money LFC takes in, is been spent in the right places at the right time.

its a far cry from the days of Hicks and Gillett who would spend any income on paying off debt to buy the club
and fantasy stadium designs!

the progress made and the change in fortune since John Henry and co. arrived in Oct 2010,
and then eventually appointed Klopp 5 years later is mind blowing!

The difference in the way the club is being run by FSG, compared to H&G is night and day.

Almost every aspect of the club from management,staff,players,the business side and the stadium have all been changed for the better.

I personaly think we couldn't be run by better owners/team of people atm,although they are businessmen first and foremost,they have the clubs best interest at heart and seem to want to do everything respectfully in the LFC traditions.

Ok,ideally peeps would want an owner who is an LFC fan with bottomless pockets,at a similar level of the Man City Sheikh Mansour but i doubt that person exsists,so i think these guys are the next best thing atm.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Ok,ideally peeps would want an owner who is an LFC fan with bottomless pockets,at a similar level of the Man City Sheikh Mansour but i doubt that person exsists,so i think these guys are the next best thing atm.
Yeah, couldn't participate in the last powerball draw.... else there will be a person of that calibre exists and probably even better than the Sheikh. :)

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
John Henry has put his Florida beach house up for sale at a vastly reduced price.

Is it time to panic? Is our owner skint?
I doubt it,seeing as the article says he paid $650k for the house in 1991 and now wants $15mill (even with a $10mill discount) he's still making $14mill from the deal,if he sells it.

Seems like he's selling house's like he does sporting clubs,Bought Red Sox for $380mill and LFC for £300mill,both probably worth over a billion each now,with these types of deals,i doubt he'd ever be skint,in terms of your average person.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
John Henry has put his Florida beach house up for sale at a vastly reduced price.

Tired of the annual hurricane damages

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member

Where's the house money John?

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I doubt it,seeing as the article says he paid $650k for the house in 1991 and now wants $15mill (even with a $10mill discount) he's still making $14mill from the deal,if he sells it.
Highly doubt he's making a clean profit of $14m. The work he put in to not only upkeep but upgrade a home that he rarely uses, mortgage (yes, rich fellas don't use their own money to buy asset) interest rates over the years. He isn't going to make any losses that's for sure, but this isn't any indication of Henry himself and his financial standing. This is a bigger indicator for the local economy and property market. I think American by and large should worry when holiday homes being slashed 40% discount, rather than just John Henry.

Not Worthy

He's moving to Formby !!!!

[email protected]

More interestingly, who needs more bathrooms than actual rooms :eh?:

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Wow, really?
LFC is set to review how the event was run immediately afterwards - and hold meetings with councillors and residents before Bon Jovi performs almost two weeks later.

Ms Harkness said meetings with neighbours in recent months had brought up complaints about noise, parking and disturbances on matchdays.
Now I know they can't move away as they've bought their homes, but staying near a huge sporting stadium should expect things like this to happen. I've stayed near a football stadium once when I was in college, and I know during the season it is going to be crazy noise. I expected nothing less than bad traffic, loads of crazies running around my neighbourhood and extreme high noise level coming out of the stadium.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
Wow, really?

Now I know they can't move away as they've bought their homes, but staying near a huge sporting stadium should expect things like this to happen. I've stayed near a football stadium once when I was in college, and I know during the season it is going to be crazy noise. I expected nothing less than bad traffic, loads of crazies running around my neighbourhood and extreme high noise level coming out of the stadium.
But that's not the point... is it? The point is: How much are they asking for? And how much are they able to extract from the club for the so called inconvenience...

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
But that's not the point... is it? The point is: How much are they asking for? And how much are they able to extract from the club for the so called inconvenience...
If they get huge compensation, I be looking to buy a property near Anfield soonish...

NMBRSK5991

I remember when United started to overtake us both on the pitch and off the pitch, whilst we remained stagnant and unable to make much progress. They also 'became good' when money started to flow into football.

It feels like that's occurring again, but it's us in the ascendency this time. Considering the state of the club in 2010, its remarkable we're in such a healthy position and it's all credit to FSG for putting in a great structure for the right people to do their jobs efficiently. If we can keep this stability at the club for the best part of five years at least, I'm confident that we'll be "back" for good.

We really couldn't ask for better owners, in my opinion. Whilst I get why people initially had reservations, I don't understand half the stick they get at times.

Medjool

I remember when United started to overtake us both on the pitch and off the pitch, whilst we remained stagnant and unable to make much progress. They also 'became good' when money started to flow into football.

It feels like that's occurring again, but it's us in the ascendency this time. Considering the state of the club in 2010, its remarkable we're in such a healthy position and it's all credit to FSG for putting in a great structure for the right people to do their jobs efficiently. If we can keep this stability at the club for the best part of five years at least, I'm confident that we'll be "back" for good.

We really couldn't ask for better owners, in my opinion. Whilst I get why people initially had reservations, I don't understand half the stick they get at times.
I'll be the first to hold my hands up, I was sceptical at first. I had them down as pure money men who would do enough to keep us bumping along top four and flog us when they made enough
Couldn't have been more wrong I'm happy to say and after a dodgy start to their tenure I wouldn't swap 'em.