• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Owners

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
As I said another time, I'll never celebrate being the most profitable in the league when that profit came from selling a top player.
Didn’t ask you to celebrate the profitability, just don’t have to make up some figures that wasn’t there just to criticise the owners. Like I said before, there are things we could jump on them but not all the time. I still don’t believe they are not going to sell the club for profit, either by way of finding new individual owners or put the club up in an exchange. But that’s my opinion of what they might do.

RedForever2014

Didn’t ask you to celebrate the profitability, just don’t have to make up some figures that wasn’t there just to criticise the owners. Like I said before, there are things we could jump on them but not all the time. I still don’t believe they are not going to sell the club for profit, either by way of finding new individual owners or put the club up in an exchange. But that’s my opinion of what they might do.
Didn't make figures up, just outlined the process by which international groups move money around.

It's not all about tax rates either, it's about where they want the money to sit.

Being an American company, they prefer to have some profit after tax sat in dollars in the US, even if US tax rates are a little higher than UK ones, especially given the volatility in the value of the UK pound.

Get all the commercial deals paid direct to LFC in UK sterling, and the value of the pound could easily go against them when trying to repatriate sterling to dollars.

Hence why you'd put some money through a US company in the group, even when paying a little more tax on it.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
You be surprised that a lot of American based company would rather have their cash stashed outside of their country, @RedForever2014. I could name the whole lot of them having offshore companies for a reason.

RedForever2014

You be surprised that a lot of American based company would rather have their cash stashed outside of their country, @RedForever2014. I could name the whole lot of them having offshore companies for a reason.
At the end of the day, these are clever people who will be organising their affairs to their own ends.

But the point remains that these ends are not just about LFC's success on the pitch.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
At the end of the day, these are clever people who will be organising their affairs to their own ends.

But the point remains that these ends are not just about LFC's success on the pitch.

Nobody here doubts that FSG are taking money out of the club,they are entitled to,so what if they take a % of commercial deals,it's only money they've worked for to bring into the club that we would never have had,had they not worked on to bring them in,if they made an extra £40mill in commercial deals and took £10mill to pay shareholders,£30mill has gone back into LFC,where's the issue?? these are sensible owners who have spent money expanding the stadium,training facilities,invested in the squad,boosted our commercial income and have made us serious competitors in the league and Europe.

They are working to maximise LFC in every aspect of the club,the more success we have on the pitch the more money the club makes,so for you to keep banging on about them taking money out of the club,like they are ripping us off is totally unreasonable.Season on season of them being owners,especially since klopps been incharge,we've been on an upward trajectory,both on the field and financially.

What more could they have done? did it all for free and given every penny made to klopp? they are offering klopp enough cash to buy the players he wants (when he wants them,which isn't normally in january) and they aren't putting us into financial difficulties either,we couldn't ask for better owners in my opinion.

If you're still not happy with the money side of things,then you should support a Man City type of club with endless supplies of cash to buy the most expensive players,for every position in every transfer window,where money is no object.

[email protected]

Seen that around a few threads. It is quite eye catching in a way that a spreadsheet just simply isn't. Chelsea came from nowhere in the mid 2000's and City from absolutely nowhere in just over a decade.

Pah. Money, money, money. That's all their success is. Bought and paid for off the shelf.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
I'm not 100% on the clubs books and by no means an accountant,but when we sold Coutinho in 2017/18 season we made £170mill in sales overall but spent £150mill (VVD,Salah,Robertson and AOC),making a £20mill profit,we've just spent £170mill this summer and sold £30mill,so on the last 2 seasons transfers we've spent £120mill.We've probably got funds held back from deep CL runs but all i was saying was don't expect us to go breaking transfer records on every position we need to strengthen in during the summer,if Klopp see's the right player at the right price,aslong as he fits the team then he'll buy him,even if it's only a £10-20mill fee.
I took this from the 'who you would buy' thread.....

and it made me think that we are so well run nowadays,
and the crazy amount of money LFC takes in, is been spent in the right places at the right time.

its a far cry from the days of Hicks and Gillett who would spend any income on paying off debt to buy the club
and fantasy stadium designs!

the progress made and the change in fortune since John Henry and co. arrived in Oct 2010,
and then eventually appointed Klopp 5 years later is mind blowing!

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I took this from the 'who you would buy' thread.....

and it made me think that we are so well run nowadays,
and the crazy amount of money LFC takes in, is been spent in the right places at the right time.

its a far cry from the days of Hicks and Gillett who would spend any income on paying off debt to buy the club
and fantasy stadium designs!

the progress made and the change in fortune since John Henry and co. arrived in Oct 2010,
and then eventually appointed Klopp 5 years later is mind blowing!

The difference in the way the club is being run by FSG, compared to H&G is night and day.

Almost every aspect of the club from management,staff,players,the business side and the stadium have all been changed for the better.

I personaly think we couldn't be run by better owners/team of people atm,although they are businessmen first and foremost,they have the clubs best interest at heart and seem to want to do everything respectfully in the LFC traditions.

Ok,ideally peeps would want an owner who is an LFC fan with bottomless pockets,at a similar level of the Man City Sheikh Mansour but i doubt that person exsists,so i think these guys are the next best thing atm.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Ok,ideally peeps would want an owner who is an LFC fan with bottomless pockets,at a similar level of the Man City Sheikh Mansour but i doubt that person exsists,so i think these guys are the next best thing atm.
Yeah, couldn't participate in the last powerball draw.... else there will be a person of that calibre exists and probably even better than the Sheikh. :-)

cynicaloldgit

Resident Misanthrope
Ad-free Member

cynicaloldgit

Resident Misanthrope
Ad-free Member

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
John Henry has put his Florida beach house up for sale at a vastly reduced price.

Is it time to panic? Is our owner skint?
I doubt it,seeing as the article says he paid $650k for the house in 1991 and now wants $15mill (even with a $10mill discount) he's still making $14mill from the deal,if he sells it.

Seems like he's selling house's like he does sporting clubs,Bought Red Sox for $380mill and LFC for £300mill,both probably worth over a billion each now,with these types of deals,i doubt he'd ever be skint,in terms of your average person.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
John Henry has put his Florida beach house up for sale at a vastly reduced price.

Tired of the annual hurricane damages

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member

Where's the house money John?

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I doubt it,seeing as the article says he paid $650k for the house in 1991 and now wants $15mill (even with a $10mill discount) he's still making $14mill from the deal,if he sells it.
Highly doubt he's making a clean profit of $14m. The work he put in to not only upkeep but upgrade a home that he rarely uses, mortgage (yes, rich fellas don't use their own money to buy asset) interest rates over the years. He isn't going to make any losses that's for sure, but this isn't any indication of Henry himself and his financial standing. This is a bigger indicator for the local economy and property market. I think American by and large should worry when holiday homes being slashed 40% discount, rather than just John Henry.

Not Worthy

He's moving to Formby !!!!

[email protected]

More interestingly, who needs more bathrooms than actual rooms :eh?: