• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Owners

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
I must say that I've had my fair share of scepticism regarding their ownership over the years. Especially after their mistakes in the first years of their tenure, and when it became obvious that they hadn't the slightest idea about football initially. The only thing which made me optimistic was JW Henry saying that their aim was the long term, and that they were never thinking in terms of short term. That set them instantly apart from destructive owners like g+h. They looked like they had a honest intent to improve us, but some reservations about how they handled the club initially were legitimate in my opinion, as they looked out of their depth on several occasions.

With hindsight though, they have proven to be excellent club owners, maybe even the best we could have wished for given the situation when they came in. One by one, they addressed the problems which were so obvious since such a long time, but apparently so hard to settle. It took them a long time to get some problematic issues right, but they learnt from their mistakes, never repeated them, and finally addressed them in time. Bringing in Klopp was a masterpiece of course, but even Klopp couldn't have addressed the major problems this club has had to contend with since decades, thanks to the idiots previously owning our club who had left us hopelessly behind, in terms of competitiveness when compared with the top clubs. Klopp is no doubt the major piece in the puzzle, but he can count on a very efficient and competent array of people around him, thanks to FSG's work previously to appointing him, and then to them backing him entirely since he's been here.

We have now a very well organised decisional system at the club with a top CEO managing things at the upper level. We have a top top manager at the helm, a top coaching and medical team, a top scouting system, top revenues (with a lot of potential for more), Anfield has been expanded with a magnificent new main stand, and the perennial Kirkby-Melwood problem is about to be resolved by building a new state-of-the-art training complex.

And the best is that all this has been accomplished by using the club's own financial potential. We aren't in a state of being entirely dependent from the largesses of an oil-sheikh like other big clubs. FSG have merely improved the situation by developing the club's own economic potential, and are reaping the rewards now.

Of course, this brilliant situation can be destroyed within the blink of an eye, for instance if they decide to sell the club to the wrong person/group of people. But given that they have proven to be very prudent and diligent in the way they do things, it's not out of the question that they might get their succession-planning right too. For the time being, I don't think that they will want to sell anyway. Their development work isn't finished yet by any means, nor is Klopp's, and if they continue to back him like they have done, they could have some really enjoyable years in front of them, alongside us all!

Btw, I enjoyed seeing the little scene when Hendo lifted the trophy after the game: JW Henry stood a bit apart from the squad, all other officials had left the podium. He was looking at them all, enjoying their joy, and then his arms went automatically up at the same time as Hendo's when he lifted Big Ears into the air. It was his moment too, and deservedly so.

So, as a bottom-line: thank you FSG for your dedicated, diligent and professional work over the years, and please, continue your path with us, in the same spirit, for many years to come! :cheers:
I was very happy when FSG bought the club because just like they are doing with their Baseball team, they are not looking for a quick turn around. I believe what made LFC so appealing to them ( beyond the opportunity to buy it for close to nothing ) it's the brand name. If you remember, the first actions they did was to work on the global marketing side, raise the awareness of the club globally. Some of the actions were ridiculous ( the TV Show, the mascot ), but for a club who couldn't reach the champions league they secured a great sponsorship deal.

I think with a few exceptions, they always tried to back the manager, as long as he produced results. BR was the only one who did not get along with FSG and the famous transfer committee. At the time we accused them of playing "MoneyBall", I think in hindsight that was not the case. As far as i know, the committee is still in place, working with Klopp and his scouts. Not to mention that with results - there is more money to spend.

The club as a whole is working like a weel oiled machine, FSG are enjoying the fruits of owning LFC, and we are enjoying their management and support.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
I was very happy when FSG bought the club because just like they are doing with their Baseball team, they are not looking for a quick turn around. I believe what made LFC so appealing to them ( beyond the opportunity to buy it for close to nothing ) it's the brand name. If you remember, the first actions they did was to work on the global marketing side, raise the awareness of the club globally. Some of the actions were ridiculous ( the TV Show, the mascot ), but for a club who couldn't reach the champions league they secured a great sponsorship deal.

I think with a few exceptions, they always tried to back the manager, as long as he produced results. BR was the only one who did not get along with FSG and the famous transfer committee. At the time we accused them of playing "MoneyBall", I think in hindsight that was not the case. As far as i know, the committee is still in place, working with Klopp and his scouts. Not to mention that with results - there is more money to spend.

The club as a whole is working like a weel oiled machine, FSG are enjoying the fruits of owning LFC, and we are enjoying their management and support.
I agree with all of that, but they had to go through a steep learning curve nevertheless. As you said yourself, the PR film when Rodgers came in, with the envelope and the three names, and him telling off Sterling (all of this undermined him immediately), some cheesy attempts to get the fans onside with ridiculous PR actions, smelling of USA far too much for many people's liking. Then ditching Kenny in a disastrous way, when all they could do afterwards was to bring in a rookie manager with no credences at all, apart from managing the mighty Swansea. At that time, they were looking out of their depth to be honest. But these failures probably helped them to get a clearer view of what was required, and their long-term approach allowed them to correct things progressively.

There are still some actions which come across as a bit embarassing to be fair. The whole 'family' PR thing (seems very US-made to me), the 'This means more' campaign, using the Schwarzwälder Klopp to sell traditional Liverpool 'values'... :rolleyes:

All of this is a bit meh to be honest, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter too much. I understand that they do it to attract new customers to the club, from Asia, from the US and elsewhere, and probably, these PR-campaigns are tailor-made for these markets. I for one tend to ignore them, but still feel that it has nothing to do whatsoever with the football club.

But enough moaning now. Through their diligent actions, and through their willingness to learn about football and from their mistakes, they have allowed the club to deliver Nr. 6 for us, and that's what matters most for the time being. :)

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I have to hold my hands up and admit that when FSG took us over my first thought was, 'Oh no, not another gang of cowboys.' Thankfully, if they are cowboys, then they are the good guys, the Sheriff and his Deputies kinda guys who came to Dodge to clean up the town, so to speak. They along with their appointments have brought the stability our club needed, to lay down new roots and blossom onto the football scene once again. Yeah, and it's all paid off, another 'Big Ears' in the trophy cabinet for LFC museum tourists to gaze upon. The future is looking bright and as long as we can tie Jürgen down for five or ten years longer, then we can shoot for the stars. Next season we defend our European title, but it's about time we knocked that monkey off our back and won the Premier League title - it's long overdue.

:well done: PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE, HERE WE COME

Last edited:

Notasuperfan

I agree with all of that, but they had to go through a steep learning curve nevertheless. As you said yourself, the PR film when Rodgers came in, with the envelope and the three names, and him telling off Sterling (all of this undermined him immediately), some cheesy attempts to get the fans onside with ridiculous PR actions, smelling of USA far too much for many people's liking. Then ditching Kenny in a disastrous way, when all they could do afterwards was to bring in a rookie manager with no credences at all, apart from managing the mighty Swansea. At that time, they were looking out of their depth to be honest. But these failures probably helped them to get a clearer view of what was required, and their long-term approach allowed them to correct things progressively.

There are still some actions which come across as a bit embarassing to be fair. The whole 'family' PR thing (seems very US-made to me), the 'This means more' campaign, using the Schwarzwälder Klopp to sell traditional Liverpool 'values'... :rolleyes:

All of this is a bit meh to be honest, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter too much. I understand that they do it to attract new customers to the club, from Asia, from the US and elsewhere, and probably, these PR-campaigns are tailor-made for these markets. I for one tend to ignore them, but still feel that it has nothing to do whatsoever with the football club.

But enough moaning now. Through their diligent actions, and through their willingness to learn about football and from their mistakes, they have allowed the club to deliver Nr. 6 for us, and that's what matters most for the time being. :)
To be honest, I think the "This means more" campaign is a pretty good one. Liverpool FC has always been more than a football club.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Confess to being a little sceptical of these owners for a while,following after Heckle and Jeckle.
The appointment of BR,the way it appeared to be done,the sacking of Kenny, I was not a happy camper.
However,they eventually won me over,the appointment of Klopp was a master stroke,and loosening the purse strings a bit,took us in a relatively short period from a mid table club to a force to be reckoned with.
I started following this club in 1956 and the Div.2 years that I and a lot of others endured,cropped up in the odd nightmare.I never thought it would happen again, and it hasn’t.
I’m over the moon with the way things are going now under these owners and know we will go from strength to strength .

MarcusBerglund

Liverpool consider Anfield Road Stand development to take capacity beyond 60,000

4 JUNE 2019 • 5:00PM

Liverpool are considering upgrading their stadium expansion plans to take the capacity at Anfield beyond 60,000 as a September deadline looms on an existing planning application.
The club has outline planning permission to add 4,000 seats to the Anfield Road end of their stadium, but that expires in four months. However, Liverpool are not tied to the current sketched proposals.
Owners Fenway Sports Group have been mulling over whether to push on with those plans or refine them. There are increasing indications they will go for the latter, enabling the time limit on the current planning application to elapse before starting afresh and submitting fresh designs.
That would create the potential to submit a grander vision.
FSG have been looking at all the options for the last few years, preparing further feasibility studies to determine the economic viability of a larger stadium, while also mindful of the consequences on the infrastructure and the surrounding area. That is a key consideration given traffic and public transport pressure on a match-day and has made previous planning applications a laborious process.

Liverpool CEO Peter Moore recently explained the club’s stance. “If there is a smarter design option that does not fit with the current outline planning permission, then we would submit another planning application,” he said.

“Only once we have completed this comprehensive process and come to a conclusion will it be the right time to move forward.”
It required years of public consultation and planning before Liverpool were finally able to build the new Main Stand. That has been in place for the last three seasons and has proven to be a huge success, adding 9,000 seats and increasing corporate as well as match-day revenue.
It was funded with a £100 million loan to the club by FSG, which is being repaid incrementally – helped by the exceptional team performance over the last two seasons which has already earned in excess of £300 million in prize funds following successive Champions League final appearances.
Liverpool’s owners were given a reminder of the potential of their club during their open-top bus victory parade on Sunday. It has not influenced their decision to investigate how to further expand – that has long been on the agenda so there are no knee-jerk reactions to those incredible scenes – but it reaffirmed how the demand for tickets far outweighs supply.
Even if Liverpool are given the green light to reconstruct more of Anfield, it could be two to three years before the work is complete.

The club’s immediate expansion priority is focused on a new training facility which is under construction in Kirkby at a cost of £50 million. That will be formally opened in 2020, Liverpool ceasing operations at Melwood at the end of the 2019/20 campaign.

That facility has been designed in consultation with Klopp, who has given the club further encouragement about his long-term ambitions by rebuffing the latest indirect approach from Bayern Munich.
Bayern and German legend Franz Beckenbauer has virtually begged Klopp to return to the Bundesliga.
“I wish for nothing more than that one day he will come to Bayern,” said Beckenbauer. “For me he is one of the world's best coaches. What he started in Dortmund, he has refined with Liverpool.”
Although it was played down at the time, there is no doubt Bayern made approaches to Klopp last season prior to appointing Niko Kovac.
Then, as now, Klopp said it was not the right time to go back to Germany. He has been similarly respectful in his quotes responding to Beckenbauer, politely declining the possibility of leaving Liverpool at this point in his career and hinting it would be at least five years before he was back in his home country.

“I likeFranz — and he likes me,” Klopp told Bild. “But I have a long-term contract at Liverpool. I would rather he said that than him saying and thinking that I cannot [be Bayern manager].
“However, both Bayern and Borussia Dortmund have very good coaches. And what could be in five years or more, I do not know. Maybe there will be completely different coaches that qualify.”
Klopp’s Liverpool contract runs until 2022. As Telegraph Sportreported on Monday, Liverpool’s owners would like him to remain in charge for as long as they run the club.
Meanwhile, Liverpool have confirmed the departure of Daniel Sturridge and Alberto Moreno as their contracts expire this summer.

cynicaloldgit

Resident Misanthrope
Ad-free Member
You should count your lucky stars, cynic, you could have started supporting them as your dream team when you was younger.
Funnily enough, one of my father’s colleagues bought me a Man U yearbook for Christmas when I was a kid.

I thanked him politely and gently placed it on the hearth before his very eyes.

As an added bonus, he hasn’t spoken to me since.

William Clarke

Liverpool consider Anfield Road Stand development to take capacity beyond 60,000

4 JUNE 2019 • 5:00PM

Liverpool are considering upgrading their stadium expansion plans to take the capacity at Anfield beyond 60,000 as a September deadline looms on an existing planning application.
The club has outline planning permission to add 4,000 seats to the Anfield Road end of their stadium, but that expires in four months. However, Liverpool are not tied to the current sketched proposals.
Owners Fenway Sports Group have been mulling over whether to push on with those plans or refine them. There are increasing indications they will go for the latter, enabling the time limit on the current planning application to elapse before starting afresh and submitting fresh designs.
That would create the potential to submit a grander vision.
FSG have been looking at all the options for the last few years, preparing further feasibility studies to determine the economic viability of a larger stadium, while also mindful of the consequences on the infrastructure and the surrounding area. That is a key consideration given traffic and public transport pressure on a match-day and has made previous planning applications a laborious process.

Liverpool CEO Peter Moore recently explained the club’s stance. “If there is a smarter design option that does not fit with the current outline planning permission, then we would submit another planning application,” he said.

“Only once we have completed this comprehensive process and come to a conclusion will it be the right time to move forward.”
It required years of public consultation and planning before Liverpool were finally able to build the new Main Stand. That has been in place for the last three seasons and has proven to be a huge success, adding 9,000 seats and increasing corporate as well as match-day revenue.
It was funded with a £100 million loan to the club by FSG, which is being repaid incrementally – helped by the exceptional team performance over the last two seasons which has already earned in excess of £300 million in prize funds following successive Champions League final appearances.
Liverpool’s owners were given a reminder of the potential of their club during their open-top bus victory parade on Sunday. It has not influenced their decision to investigate how to further expand – that has long been on the agenda so there are no knee-jerk reactions to those incredible scenes – but it reaffirmed how the demand for tickets far outweighs supply.
Even if Liverpool are given the green light to reconstruct more of Anfield, it could be two to three years before the work is complete.

The club’s immediate expansion priority is focused on a new training facility which is under construction in Kirkby at a cost of £50 million. That will be formally opened in 2020, Liverpool ceasing operations at Melwood at the end of the 2019/20 campaign.

That facility has been designed in consultation with Klopp, who has given the club further encouragement about his long-term ambitions by rebuffing the latest indirect approach from Bayern Munich.
Bayern and German legend Franz Beckenbauer has virtually begged Klopp to return to the Bundesliga.
“I wish for nothing more than that one day he will come to Bayern,” said Beckenbauer. “For me he is one of the world's best coaches. What he started in Dortmund, he has refined with Liverpool.”
Although it was played down at the time, there is no doubt Bayern made approaches to Klopp last season prior to appointing Niko Kovac.
Then, as now, Klopp said it was not the right time to go back to Germany. He has been similarly respectful in his quotes responding to Beckenbauer, politely declining the possibility of leaving Liverpool at this point in his career and hinting it would be at least five years before he was back in his home country.

“I likeFranz — and he likes me,” Klopp told Bild. “But I have a long-term contract at Liverpool. I would rather he said that than him saying and thinking that I cannot [be Bayern manager].
“However, both Bayern and Borussia Dortmund have very good coaches. And what could be in five years or more, I do not know. Maybe there will be completely different coaches that qualify.”
Klopp’s Liverpool contract runs until 2022. As Telegraph Sportreported on Monday, Liverpool’s owners would like him to remain in charge for as long as they run the club.
Meanwhile, Liverpool have confirmed the departure of Daniel Sturridge and Alberto Moreno as their contracts expire this summer.
Great piece of info, MarcusB, and thanks for posting it. :well done:

William Clarke

Funnily enough, one of my father’s colleagues bought me a Man U yearbook for Christmas when I was a kid.

I thanked him politely and gently placed it on the hearth before his very eyes.

As an added bonus, he hasn’t spoken to me since.
You placed it on the hearth in readiness of burning it, but you said it yourself how Manure are shit, and we know shit don't burn too easily. Plus they're known as the Red Devils ..... Humpf. lol

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member

I don't really like the 'This Means More' stuff much either but then it's not aimed at me. It's aimed at a new generation of fans. An attempt to capture the uniqueness of Liverpool fan culture. It's our big selling point. Never more so than now and I actually think it's quite clever.

On FSG misjudgments you could have added the dreadful Jen Chang and, most significantly of all, the attempt to raise ticket prices when the new stand opened. Almost forgotten now but that was a big moment early in Klopp's management. Half the Kop walked out 15 minutes before the end of the game against Sunderland and a 2-0 lead ended in a 2-2 draw. It showed just how the business side of the club was way out of touch with what Klopp was trying to achieve in getting the fanbase to believe again. They reversed the decision and have frozen prices ever since so, yes, they have learnt a lot along the way and some of it has been learned the hard way.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
I don't really like the 'This Means More' stuff much either but then it's not aimed at me. It's aimed at a new generation of fans. An attempt to capture the uniqueness of Liverpool fan culture. It's our big selling point. Never more so than now and I actually think it's quite clever.

On FSG misjudgments you could have added the dreadful Jen Chang and, most significantly of all, the attempt to raise ticket prices when the new stand opened. Almost forgotten now but that was a big moment early in Klopp's management. Half the Kop walked out 15 minutes before the end of the game against Sunderland and a 2-0 lead ended in a 2-2 draw. It showed just how the business side of the club was way out of touch with what Klopp was trying to achieve in getting the fanbase to believe again. They reversed the decision and have frozen prices ever since so, yes, they have learnt a lot along the way and some of it has been learned the hard way.
There was a lot of misinformation around the pricing pushed by SOS etc.

William Clarke

I'm not of the young fan base having followed our Reds since the old English Second Division days. In a few weeks time I will reach the grand old age (owl ass, some might say) of 70 years and yet I go along with the sound bites of 'We Are Liverpool' and 'This Means More'. Preferably those words than the kissing of the badge and newly arrived players saying they have been lifelong supporters of our club. Yeah, those sound bites are only re-emphasising what we true supporters already know, but what harm can they do?

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I'm not of the young fan base having followed our Reds since the old English Second Division days. In a few weeks time I will reach the grand old age (owl ass, some might say) of 70 years and yet I go along with the sound bites of 'We Are Liverpool' and 'This Means More'. Preferably those words than the kissing of the badge and newly arrived players saying they have been lifelong supporters of our club. Yeah, those sound bites are only re-emphasising what we true supporters already know, but what harm can they do?
Totally agree. I might feel your age sometimes even though I'm only 36 but I agree 100% with those two statements. We aren't just a team we are LIVERPOOL and that is a special, defining statement. We are world famous both for success but I'd say even more for a unique, special, culture. The support for Sean Cox. The unwavering backing for the loved ones of the 96. Recognised as one of the most special and unique atmospheres in the game despite a stadium capacity that's nothing to write home about. Those parades like the one at the weekend. Hotel owners renting their apartments out for free to families coming for the parade and needing somewhere to stay. The mass hordes of support that would travel to Hong Kong if they needed to for a cup final even if they won't be getting in the ground. Many teams have fans to support them. It means more with us. I don't care if others try to make out we are silly or cringe worthy for saying it it's simply the truth. Own it, with pride. Those two short sayings are just an attempt to remind people of it.

William Clarke

Totally agree. I might feel your age sometimes even though I'm only 36 but I agree 100% with those two statements. We aren't just a team we are LIVERPOOL and that is a special, defining statement. We are world famous both for success but I'd say even more for a unique, special, culture. The support for Sean Cox. The unwavering backing for the loved ones of the 96. Recognised as one of the most special and unique atmospheres in the game despite a stadium capacity that's nothing to write home about. Those parades like the one at the weekend. Hotel owners renting their apartments out for free to families coming for the parade and needing somewhere to stay. The mass hordes of support that would travel to Hong Kong if they needed to for a cup final even if they won't be getting in the ground. Many teams have fans to support them. It means more with us. I don't care if others try to make out we are silly or cringe worthy for saying it it's simply the truth. Own it, with pride. Those two short sayings are just an attempt to remind people of it.
And exactly as you say, 'own it with pride'. Yeah, and I was really proud of our team winning number six and I was even prouder of our fellow supporters who came out in their hundred thousands to cheer them home. As I was enjoying and breathing it all in, I gave thought to our never to be forgotten 96, how they would've been so proud too. YNWA, mate.

Mousecat

When I first registered here this thread was nothing like this. Its a metaphor for what they've done with the club. They've done a fantastic job as I always hoped they would

These people are even more important than klopp, because they'll be the ones tasked with finding someone who can carry on where he leaves off

Made up weve got them in charge. Wouldn't trust anyone to do a better job

jayrrardno8

TIA Reserve Team
I am toatally against the Idea.
What's people's opinion on FSG while they are on a high putting the feelers out on selling the Club or companies trying a takeover.

treboeth

What's people's opinion on FSG while they are on a high putting the feelers out on selling the Club or companies trying a takeover.
Which idea?

As for selling us, any business would lokk to sell at a high and buy at a low.
We haven`t reached the highs yet but by fuck we are on the way.

No.6 buys FSG a fair amount of leeway with me :celebrating: :celebrating: :celebrating: :celebrating: :celebrating: :celebrating:

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I don't think they are openly looking to sell beyond perhaps targeting some additional investment, which they have always sought.

gr_sounder

Where is anyone getting an idea that the current owners are looking to sell?
They have repeatedly saying they are not interested in selling, and are only planning to grow more and more.
Anyone suggesting they are looking to sell because they have the Champions League trophy now are as clueless as those that thought they would never buy high priced players and only made "moneyball signings".
Just look to their ownership of other sports entities to see how much they are in for the quick buck.

So to answer the question above as to what I would think of them putting out feelers on selling the club... it's a non-issue because it's not going to happen... not anytime soon at least.

roydom

TIA Reserve Team
The last American owners we had tarnished my hopes with the current lot when they eventually took over.
I was sceptical.
Funnily enough, I remember the actor from Bigfoot and the Henderson’s saying that the owners will bring the good times back and for some reason I believed him. He was right!
The owners run things like they believe you reap what you sow.
Really? John Lithgow said that? I never knew that. He's a good egg, makes good movies too. Not forgetting of course 3rd Rock from the Sun which was ace.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member

I thought this was an interesting interview by JW Henry, he is usually the quiet partner. He acknowledged, when FSG first took over the club, they under-estimated the task in hand, how to successfully manage a huge club like Liverpool. It has been a learning curve for them as well. Also, he compares the Boston Red Sox baseball club to Liverpool, that the fans were similar in sentiment and thinking.

Last edited:

treboeth

I thought this was an interesting interview by JW Henry, he is usually the quiet partner. He acknowledged that when FSG first took over the club, they under-estimated the task in hand, how to successfully manage a huge club like Liverpool. It has been a learning curve for them as well. Also, he compares the Boston Red Sox baseball club to Liverpool, that the fans were similar in sentiment and thinking.
Playing great Football :well done: not soccer.

John Henry has learned quite a few things about LFC since the beginning and this is one small but important thing.

17th on the day they took over, and look where we are now.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
Don't normally post on this thread but I love that interview - it is a great model for all 21 century football club custodians. I presume it was organised and the questions were planned but Henry demonstrates he is calm, clear and considered. He's not looking to overemphasis the importance of the final, but like a real custodian is thinking longer term and like (almost all) high achievers is looking forward not backward. He also emphasises the centrality of the fans, and it is clear that he has a deep understanding of the importance of keeping us at the heart of the club. It is a virtuous circle where 'this means more' with an active policy of deepening as well as broadening fan engagement demonstrates how the club is not like a man city and things like freezing ticket prices ultimately makes good business sense when it comes to, for instance, selling the club to new players, sponsors or even investors. While he doesn't appear the sort to wear his heart on his sleeve, and as an entrepreneur is focused on maximising the value of his asset, he seems to have embraced football which (even if he isn't an absolutely passionate fan - and who knows, maybe he is) may help the club when/if it comes to really pushing the boat out for that extra magic signing (Mbappe!!!) that perhaps doesn't initially stack up just on the numbers.

Just as I hope that Klopp is here for as long as possible, I hope that the club retains the current stewardship demonstrated by the owners including John Henry.