• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Owners

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
We’ll probably be docked eight points. Maybe 11 depending how the next round of fixtures go.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Sad really RedForever2014 isn't here to let us know what he thinks of our summer dealings after the first 8 games. I honestly sometimes struggle to comprehend where his hatred of FSG came from, as he was clearly a passionate red.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Sad really RedForever2014 isn't here to let us know what he thinks of our summer dealings after the first 8 games. I honestly sometimes struggle to comprehend where his hatred of FSG came from, as he was clearly a passionate red.
Could be firing of the King. I too hate FSG for that. But the owners have also done few good things and it all started with hiring Klopp.
So it's a bit complex thing now for me and I take each situation individually and see if its good or bad. Don't see any bad moves post Klopp.

Red over the water

The owners are alright. Guilty of a few missteps early on - never nefarious though. But generally they have displayed a capacity to learn, and quickly, and the sense is the whole thing is a well run machine these days, and has been for some time.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
This will set some Mancs' blood boiling. FSG has taken £10M total out of the club, as repayment of the Anfield expansion loan. The Glazers have loaded over a billion in interest, financing fees, etc, in addition to the £511M of debt still there and the £22M or so dividends they have extracted every year.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
If LFC have a problem with human rights, they should swerve Doha entirely and focus on the Premier league and the English cups. I'd support them entirely if they took this decision.
I am not so sure they can swerve the competition though? I appears to be a mandatory attendance, and I would imagine a serious FIFA/UEFA sanction that would cost a lot more than missing out in the trophy.
In some ways the price of success is immense. But it signals success. I would imagine Citys owners would like the problem.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
I am not so sure they can swerve the competition though? I appears to be a mandatory attendance, and I would imagine a serious FIFA/UEFA sanction that would cost a lot more than missing out in the trophy.
In some ways the price of success is immense. But it signals success. I would imagine Citys owners would like the problem.
City's owners wouldn't even think about that problem, as they are a full part of it.

Yeah, probably mandatory though. But apart from sleeping under tents, I don't see how LFC will avoid sleeping in a house not built under suspicious circumstances. Everything there has been built by slaves.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Cmon Qatar has very good human rights. The only issue sometimes is who they consider as humans to have those rights.

Livvy

Alles wird gut

Liverpool have bought the house Jurgen Klopp was renting from Brendan Rogers and are allowing the Reds boss to live there rent free, it has been reported.

Hope in your heart

Admin
Article from the Liverpool Echo about Amazon joining in and offering money to be able to stream PL games from next season on. Apparently, money from overseas broadcast, which is a big part of the pot, will in future be distributed 'on merit', which means that the top six teams, among them LFC, could bank roughly £80m a season from it, instead of roughly 40-45m until now. o_O

Oh and by the way, for all of us who look for streams on a weekly basis:

Livvy

Alles wird gut
There is now a member area on youtube. 3£ a month to get full access. Is it a LFC TV (lite) Youtube version now, or just the same youtube content now for money with some added bonus emojis?

Last edited:

Limiescouse

Dont know where else to put this, but Hicks (a name that became a pejorative among many of my friends, and alternative to the C word) has popped his head up again. He has basically put the blame on Gillett, essentially calling him a moron who had been historically difficult to deal with, but in doing so identifies himself as being at least as big as an idiot. He asks the question of why he'd enter into such a large venture as a 50-50 partner with someone he had previously found difficult to work with, but still wants t position it as Gillett not being good at his job as being the problem. Furthering the idea that he learned nothing and just doesnt understand why he got it all wrong, he still speaks about feeling that we should currently be playing in the new Stanley Park stadium. How can he still think that given what the new owners have done to Anfield and how happy the fans appear to be with it?

He did say that one of his first goals was to get rid of Parry though, but Gillett blocked him.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Dont know where else to put this, but Hicks (a name that became a pejorative among many of my friends, and alternative to the C word) has popped his head up again. He has basically put the blame on Gillett, essentially calling him a moron who had been historically difficult to deal with, but in doing so identifies himself as being at least as big as an idiot. He asks the question of why he'd enter into such a large venture as a 50-50 partner with someone he had previously found difficult to work with, but still wants t position it as Gillett not being good at his job as being the problem. Furthering the idea that he learned nothing and just doesnt understand why he got it all wrong, he still speaks about feeling that we should currently be playing in the new Stanley Park stadium. How can he still think that given what the new owners have done to Anfield and how happy the fans appear to be with it?

He did say that one of his first goals was to get rid of Parry though, but Gillett blocked him.
I think the comparison between those is best summed up by what happened to their other sports properties. Gillett managed to move the Montreal Canadiens back to a family that had owned them historically, and while as a Habs fan I am not exactly enamoured with the current era, it is not a matter of fundamental health. Hicks managed to drive the Texas Rangers into at least as big a hole as LFC ever was in, it just played out differently because of MLB's ability to take over the Rangers and resolve the situation themselves.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Was thinking the other day one of these massive bellends would resurface and demand some attention off the back of our success.

Anyway, hope the epic swindle is working out for them like it has for us.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"

If he can't see where it all went wrong, I guess he is as big of an idiot as the partner he chose. Kicking out Parry is a good idea, but replacing him with Purslow didn't really make much of a difference.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
I wonder if the penny has finally dropped for these two idiots and realised what they had in their hands and how they completely mismanaged it.

Hope in your heart

Admin
Typical Hicks this... telling everyone that he made an error by 'picking' Gillett, when in fact it was Gillett who brought him in contact with LFC in the first place... Anyway, both of them proved to be terrible club owners, and we can be thankful to be rid of them.

It becomes an increasingly old story now, but going by his quotes in that interview, Hicks hasn't changed one bit. He's good pals with Trump (as he was with Bush jr. at the time), and his son is heavily involved to help him finance his campaign to be re-elected. He's obviously still the dirty businessman he was then and he still thinks that he did everything right and that he was victim of a conspiration against him, so he has learnt nothing, even with almost ten years to reflect on it.

In short, he's still a cunt.

Commando

Ad-free Member
Typical Hicks this... telling everyone that he made an error by 'picking' Gillett, when in fact it was Gillett who brought him in contact with LFC in the first place... Anyway, both of them proved to be terrible club owners, and we can be thankful to be rid of them.

It becomes an increasingly old story now, but going by his quotes in that interview, Hicks hasn't changed one bit. He's good pals with Trump (as he was with Bush jr. at the time), and his son is heavily involved to help him finance his campaign to be re-elected. He's obviously still the dirty businessman he was then and he still thinks that he did everything right and that he was victim of a conspiration against him, so he has learnt nothing, even with almost ten years to reflect on it.

In short, he's still a cunt.
I can't believe that it's only ten years ago. I'm off to Fuerteventura next week for a month in the sun. We've gone there for yonks for Christmas. Been in many bars and restaurents. But there is the one bar that I've only been in once, and won't go in again. I watched the game under Hodgson when we lost 0-1 to a Steven? Ward goal. When I walked in there was nobody else wearing a footy shirt. As the game went on there was nobody really bothered about the game, but as soon as Ward scored the whole bar became a Wolves bar.