The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Richard88

Of more value would be a player who could play left sided centre half and left full back. Gomez and Fabinho give that versatility and flexibility on the right side. Ox has played full back for Arsenal, Milner has played both fullback positions too.
Lovren, VVD and Matip are centre back options only I think.
That's Lloyd Kelly, who we've been linked to. He's 6'3'' and plays both CB and LB.

jem

Masterson would be a better choice of backup looks decent and we badly need an Irishman in the squad(have never won the league without at least 1)

ptt

2019, a year of incredible celebration
I hope so I just don’t want this title to ‘slip’ away like the last one did haha
You’re not on the wind up here by any chance are you? The last person to mention “slip” is still in chains under the TIA server chamber being tortured with hot irons daily by the site team. Granted aome of them do it by remote control.

Liverpoolry

You’re not on the wind up here by any chance are you? The last person to mention “slip” is still in chains under the TIA server chamber being tortured with hot irons daily by the site team. Granted aome of them do it by remote control.
Yeah just abit of light hearted banter haha gotta laugh I didn’t for the first year but oh well good times are ahead ;-):J

Last edited:

FGred

Klopp said on the main LFC site that Gomez would be available after the Brighton game and Matip was not far behind. He thought the Brighton game might be a little to soon.
I think Gomez is close but Matip with a broken collar bone that takes a lot more than 5 weeks to recover I know as i have broken my collarbone playing football and it took a good 3 months before I was able to use my arm properly?

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Any true LFC supporter would have removed that word from their vocabulary after it became associated with Stevie G. ;-)

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Masterson would be a better choice of backup looks decent and we badly need an Irishman in the squad(have never won the league without at least 1)
Masterson is barely decent at u23 level, he'd get terrorised in the premier league.

Limiescouse

Clyne went where HE wanted. Not Jurgen or Warnock.
Theres fuck all to discuss.
That isnt the point though. He is complaining that he thought he had a deal and only found out otherwise once the Clyne story was reported by the press. If that is true, and there is every reason to suggest it isn't, because Warnock is a massive dick, then he would be justifiably aggrieved.
I know I was only being facetious Sorry is that how it came out with autocorrect or am I being a bit slow today
If you wanted to be really facetious, you would have pointed out that Hannibal squared off against the Roman REPUBLIC not, the Empire. @Zinedine Biscan

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Has Pavard ever been linked with us, I liked him in the world cup but beyond the "who would you buy" thread I haven't seen his name mentioned.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
BBC rumours page:
Liverpool are set to end Wales winger Ben Woodburn's loan spell at Sheffield United and will consider enquiries from Blackburn Rovers, Brentford and Hull City for the 19-year-old. (Goal)
He will never make it here which is a shame.

I really feel we need at least one top class player in to win the league.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
He will never make it here which is a shame.

I really feel we need at least one top class player in to win the league.

I tend to agree. Great shame that Ben`s progress seemed to stall. This is often the case with young players. Some come through a quiet season and pick up again but many just have to settle for a lower level. Often it is a physical thing. Some suddenly become very tall and lose co ordination and others become more " chunky" and lose a bit of sharpness, pace. Others just lose a bit of their appetite for the game or the hard work involved. All natural things .
I would love to see Ben bounce back. Conner Coady is a classic example of a player who just kept working and doing his best and made the grade through hard work.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
I tend to agree. Great shame that Ben`s progress seemed to stall. This is often the case with young players. Some come through a quiet season and pick up again but many just have to settle for a lower level. Often it is a physical thing. Some suddenly become very tall and lose co ordination and others become more " chunky" and lose a bit of sharpness, pace. Others just lose a bit of their appetite for the game or the hard work involved. All natural things .
I would love to see Ben bounce back. Conner Coady is a classic example of a player who just kept working and doing his best and made the grade through hard work.
Its why I never get excited when people say "they are banging them in for the ressies" or whatever it is these days.
The difference is night and day between the level they are great at and first team.
I find it staggering when people say Brewster is nearly fit - he is a kid. He has potential but would you want him thrown in the team on a title run? I wouldnt.

I go and watch Leyton Orient and 2 years ago they had a kid in the reserves who was scoring 50 goals a season in the u/18. They promoted him to first team and he scored 2 mins into his debut against Crawley. But that was it. 2nd division meat headed centre halfs knocked him all over the place. He never scored another goal or looked like it after. For some reason Leeds United bought him. Where is he now? No idea.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Its why I never get excited when people say "they are banging them in for the ressies" or whatever it is these days.
The difference is night and day between the level they are great at and first team.
I find it staggering when people say Brewster is nearly fit - he is a kid. He has potential but would you want him thrown in the team on a title run? I wouldnt.
As good Ben is there was always those comments about him potentially struggling with the physical side of the game when he stepped up a level due to his size and lack of speed. The same can't be said of Brewster, who is more akin to Trent or Sterling.

Trent and Sterling happen to be the two best players I've seen at youth level for us and they're the two who have proven good enough for top flight football, Suso is in the top 5 too and he's having a pretty good career. It's not quite as much of a lottery as is made out, these kids just need the opportunity to show it.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
As good Ben is there was always those comments about him potentially struggling with the physical side of the game when he stepped up a level due to his size and lack of speed. The same can't be said of Brewster, who is more akin to Trent or Sterling.

Trent and Sterling happen to be the two best players I've seen at youth level for us and they're the two who have proven good enough for top flight football, Suso is in the top 5 too and he's having a pretty good career. It's not quite as much of a lottery as is made out, these kids just need the opportunity to show it.
its a tricky one. They need the game time but unfortunately for them we are going for the title.
Thats why its a shame in a way we went out of the league and fa cup so early as they could play in that.
To say to Brewster - no pressure but you need to perform today as Salah is out and we need a goal is huge pressure on him. He may thrive in it but it could also damage him.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
its a tricky one. They need the game time but unfortunately for them we are going for the title.
Thats why its a shame in a way we went out of the league and fa cup so early as they could play in that.
To say to Brewster - no pressure but you need to perform today as Salah is out and we need a goal is huge pressure on him. He may thrive in it but it could also damage him.
I'd be using Brewster as I think he'd be more useful than some of our current options in certain situations. If we were looking for pace in behind and hard work in a particular game he'd be a much better choice than Sturridge. It's not a case of giving him minutes just for the sake of it. I'm not worried about putting pressure on him, at some point you have to expose these lads to it and Brewster doesn't come across as fragile, quite the opposite if anything.

That being said we still don't know when he will be fully fit so it's all hypothetical at this point.