• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Red Spud

All I know of Dabour is from Wikipedia and YouTube aka nothing but I have total faith in the manager and scouting department to identify exactly what we need.

Saying that I have a feeling we will not sign anyone this window and I am fine with that.

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
Ability wise there are few 3rd choice CBs (maybe none in this league) as good as Lovren regardless of any consistency faults. Same with Matip as a 4th choice. The only issue we have at CB is our 2nd, 3rd and 4th choices all have a tendency to pick up injuries and we could be missing more than one at the same time (like now when we missed all 3). I'm sure it won't be long till Lovren and/or Matip would prefer to move on and start elsewhere. At that stage I think we will get a more physically dependable, steady, option. But I'm not sure they'll be of the same or better quality as Gomez. Probably not even the same quality as the player moving on.
The issue is that with the sheer volume of games we play and the frequency of injuries we seem to get at CB our 3rd & 4th choice are playing far more than most 3rd/4th choice options. We really need two 2nd choice options if that makes sense. Virg is an obvious 1st choice and I like Gomez as 2nd choice but with the frequency of injuries he gets it is a combination of Matip and Lovren who end up playing in essentially that 2nd choice role.

We need a player as good or very close to as good as Gomez so that when he picks up an injury, we don't have such a drop off to the next player.

We have good terms with Bournemouth, I've mentioned him before but someone like Nathan Ake would be a great pick up. Similar player fast, agile, reads the game well, good in the air, strong physically, tremendous upside only 23 and importantly hasn't missed a league game in a season and a half. Barely missed a league game since he went to Bournemouth.

He could rotate with Gomez as 2nd/3rd choice and one of Lovren or Matip becomes 4th choice and the other moves on.

You must have missed all those games he played with Matip or Klavan where we were excellent defensively.
I don't think we have been excellent defensively until quite recently when Virg arrived at the club, a game or two here and there maybe but consistently I don't think so. Think we would have to go back to the Rafa days to say we where excellent defensively which is a long time ago.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
The issue is that with the sheer volume of games we play and the frequency of injuries we seem to get at CB our 3rd & 4th choice are playing far more than most 3rd/4th choice options. We really need two 2nd choice options if that makes sense. Virg is an obvious 1st choice and I like Gomez as 2nd choice but with the frequency of injuries he gets it is a combination of Matip and Lovren who end up playing in essentially that 2nd choice role.

We need a player as good or very close to as good as Gomez so that when he picks up an injury, we don't have such a drop off to the next player.

We have good terms with Bournemouth, I've mentioned him before but someone like Nathan Ake would be a great pick up. Similar player fast, agile, reads the game well, good in the air, strong physically, tremendous upside only 23 and importantly hasn't missed a league game in a season and a half. Barely missed a league game since he went to Bournemouth.

He could rotate with Gomez as 2nd/3rd choice and one of Lovren or Matip becomes 4th choice and the other moves on.

I don't think we have been excellent defensively until quite recently when Virg arrived at the club, a game or two here and there maybe but consistently I don't think so. Think we would have to go back to the Rafa days to say we where excellent defensively which is a long time ago.
I think its a bit early to be talking about frequency of injuries with regards to Gomez given that prior to this season his injuries came from spells at full back.

nikz200

If the Dabour rumours have any weight to them , it might come down to a decision whether we need to buy Dabour now and give up on Werner, or aim to get Werner during the summer and just leave the squad alone right now. The Dabour guy is also israeli which might not sit well with Mo in the long run. I have to say though, we will need a injection from somewhere up front , especially if something happens to Salah. We can also see that we can't rely on Lallana or Sturridge at the moment. Even Origi i don't think its going to happen for him in the long run. So where will we get the injection from?

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
There's this dumbass rumor being circulated that LFC was in for Dabbur until Salah "refused to play with an Israeli."

Of course, that's absurd on its face. But even more so considering that Dabbur is an Arab Muslim.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
There's this dumbass rumor being circulated that LFC was in for Dabbur until Salah "refused to play with an Israeli."

Of course, that's absurd on its face. But even more so considering that Dabbur is an Arab Muslim.

for really?

thats hilarious.

Red over the water

Arnaut Groeneveld being linked.
Could be a smart signing. Winger, fast, some experience but young at 21 with improvement to come. Wouldn’t expect to start but could give us an option and could grow into a very good player indeed. Sort of intrigued by this one.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Could be a smart signing. Winger, fast, some experience but young at 21 with improvement to come. Wouldn’t expect to start but could give us an option and could grow into a very good player indeed. Sort of intrigued by this one.
Until last season he played for NEC the team Lijnders used to coach for half a season, I think that's the connection journalist make.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

Didn't he play at Chelsea with Yosi Benayuon?

I smell media b/s smear campaign trying to unsettle both Mo and us to stop us winning the league as they know no club is good enough to stop us

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
No, he didn't.

Famously he told Chelsea that they had to sell him before he would join them.
Any actual quotes? Or is this one of those widely accepted myths? From what I can see Salah didn't join Chelsea till Jan 14 and Yossi had already signed for QPR as a free agent on 10th Dec. His contract with Chelsea looks to have expired the previous summer.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
No ones coming in.
Not even a semi strong link.
Just because the media are clueless, it doesn't mean that Michael, Jurgen and co are not working behind the scenes if they feel a deal is needed.

If the boss wants anyone this window, then he will more likely get his target. If no one comes in, then that is due to Klopp believing the squad has enough to win the league/Champions League without adding anyone

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Just because the media are clueless, it doesn't mean that Michael, Jurgen and co are not working behind the scenes if they feel a deal is needed.

If the boss wants anyone this window, then he will more likely get his target. If no one comes in, then that is due to Klopp believing the squad has enough to win the league/Champions League without adding anyone
IMO we are still 1 maybe 2 away from 100% winning the league. City will come on really strong. If we got another world class player Id have no hesitation in saying we will be champions.
I really dont want to see players like Lallana, Sturridge, Moreno or Origi being needed.

Red over the water

I would definitely feel better about a fourth quality option up front. The level drops too much after Mo, Sadio and Bobby. I think we are preparing for this signing, but it will probably be the summer.

We seem to have form for doing January signings at the start of the month, so I’m not expecting anything big. We may go for a squad option like Groeneveld who could offer depth on the left wing for the run in and the future.

Drubas

Loaning out Clyne, in the middle of a defensive crisis, makes me confident we are signing a defensive option. I just can't wrap my head around whom.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Loaning out Clyne, in the middle of a defensive crisis, makes me confident we are signing a defensive option. I just can't wrap my head around whom.
I don't see it. I think it was more about clearing space for youngsters and letting players wanting more playing time to go.

I thought Camacho had gone, is his moving not going ahead?

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
I don't see it. I think it was more about clearing space for youngsters and letting players wanting more playing time to go.

I thought Camacho had gone, is his moving not going ahead?
Correct Klopp wants him to stay so stopped the move.

I think Fabinho/Milner/Gomez and maybe Camacho were ahead of Clyne anyway so it's not a problem.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Correct Klopp wants him to stay so stopped the move.

I think Fabinho/Milner/Gomez and maybe Camacho were ahead of Clyne anyway so it's not a problem.
If you peek in the injury thread news, Comacho may get a run in the side as well. Maybe Milner, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Comacho get some games.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
If you peek in the injury thread news, Comacho may get a run in the side as well. Maybe Milner, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Comacho get some games.
Milner will start there against Palace I'm sure, can't see Klopp sticking Camacho in against Zaha right now. Henderson, Fabinho and Keita/Shaqiri in midfield.

I do expect Camacho to find his way onto the pitch again before the season is finished though, he played really well for the u23s last night and I thought he looked decent vs Wolves. Covers a lot of different positions on the sides too. I think he'll be on the bench and if there's a chance to get him some easy minutes over the next month (if we have a healthy lead) Jurgen might just do so.

C

Caradoc

Talking of the U23s, spare a thought for young Ki-Jana Hoever who was sent off whilst playing for the U23s as a result of one of the worst refereeing decisions I think I’ve seen in over 50 years of watching football. Scandalous, ..... outrageous, ........ imbecilic, ...... incredibly dodgy ........ call it what you like ...... !