The Unreliable Rumours Thread

nikz200

James Tarkowski? the latest one to make the rounds. And for 50 mil ? Burnley must be hard strapped for cash if this is what is being spread around these days, also i need to ask, is it the players that made Burnleys defence look good last season or was it Sean Dyches doing? IF so Tarkowski doesn't fit our style of play does he? Also its annoying to me how we are not looking into attacking players at this point of the market. I think Shaqiri is great and all, but Lallana , Sturridge and Origi are simply not reliable down the stretch.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
James Tarkowski? the latest one to make the rounds. And for 50 mil ? Burnley must be hard strapped for cash if this is what is being spread around these days, also i need to ask, is it the players that made Burnleys defence look good last season or was it Sean Dyches doing? IF so Tarkowski doesn't fit our style of play does he? Also its annoying to me how we are not looking into attacking players at this point of the market. I think Shaqiri is great and all, but Lallana , Sturridge and Origi are simply not reliable down the stretch.
That's from the sun. Pay no attention.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
As good Ben is there was always those comments about him potentially struggling with the physical side of the game when he stepped up a level due to his size and lack of speed. The same can't be said of Brewster, who is more akin to Trent or Sterling.

Trent and Sterling happen to be the two best players I've seen at youth level for us and they're the two who have proven good enough for top flight football, Suso is in the top 5 too and he's having a pretty good career. It's not quite as much of a lottery as is made out, these kids just need the opportunity to show it.
Where is Pacheco? Every time I watched him I was sure he was destined for greatness!

Richard88

He will never make it here which is a shame.

I really feel we need at least one top class player in to win the league.
The trend so far under Klopp is that once a player goes out on loan their chances of making it at the club are slim to none. He puts a lot of emphasis on tactical coaching after all.

Notably, the only young players to have made the club recently are Trent and Gomez - two players who didn't go on loan.

In contrast, there's a long list of players who have gone on loan and haven't made the grade. Origi is the only exception to have gone on loan and still at the club, but he's unlikely to be around much longer either given that the club has accepted bids for him as recently as 6 months ago.

It'll be interesting to see how things play out with Wilson and Grujic. They have the best chances of any players loaned out in recent times to make the squad, but even for them they are up against it.

Richard88

Think it's safe to say that Klopp is going to want to replace those players in the summer, particularly Sturridge/Origi/Solanke.

Lallana may yet be kept around for another season, but with Ox coming back you'd think his role would be further diminished. Still, a good depth player to have, if a little bit unreliable fitness wise.

That said, a top quality attacking signing could replace all 4 aforementioned players in one swoop. For instance, a player like Werner would certainly have more impact on the squad than the group I mentioned, given their respective minutes this season:

Minutes in PL + CL:
Origi - 72 + 11
Lallana - 202 + 101
Sturridge - 264 + 155
Solanke - 0 + 0
------------------
Total 538 + 267 = 805 mins

That's a total of 538 PL minutes, or about 6 full 90 minutes games in the league.

In total across PL and CL that's 805 minutes, or about 9 full 90 min games.

Again, that sort of impact on the squad is EASILY replaceable with one quality player.

Granted, you don't want to leave yourself too short squad number wise, but signing of one really good player and supplementing the squad with the Wilson's, Grujic's, and Brewsters is a better plan.

Limiescouse

The trend so far under Klopp is that once a player goes out on loan their chances of making it at the club are slim to none. He puts a lot of emphasis on tactical coaching after all.

Notably, the only young players to have made the club recently are Trent and Gomez - two players who didn't go on loan.
This is mostly a reflection on the low probability of kids making the step up, not a reflection of any unfavourable view of Klopp has of kids who go on loan.

Last edited:

Richard88

That's a cool, Fowleresque finish starting at 4:20. Though also a bit of poor defending.
Looks like a decent option to backup Firmino, given that they effectively both play the No.10 position with wide forwards ahead of them.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Havertz looks class. Looks like he could be an upgrade/replacement for Lallana. Are there any rumours though :think:

redfanman

TIA Regular

In contrast, there's a long list of players who have gone on loan and haven't made the grade. Origi is the only exception to have gone on loan and still at the club, but he's unlikely to be around much longer either given that the club has accepted bids for him as recently as 6 months ago.

It'll be interesting to see how things play out with Wilson and Grujic. They have the best chances of any players loaned out in recent times to make the squad, but even for them they are up against it.
I think someone from Hertha Berlin was recently asked whether they wanted Grujic for next season and answered that Klopp wants him at Anfield to back up the midfield. Could of course be a bluff, but i wouldnt rule out players who go on loan as being permanently out of Klopp's plans.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
I think someone from Hertha Berlin was recently asked whether they wanted Grujic for next season and answered that Klopp wants him at Anfield to back up the midfield. Could of course be a bluff, but i wouldnt rule out players who go on loan as being permanently out of Klopp's plans.
I imagine the player on loan would need to get himself noticed with a string of good performances. Hard to know if any if our loanees aside from Wilson are catching Klopps attention.

redfanman

TIA Regular
I imagine the player on loan would need to get himself noticed with a string of good performances. Hard to know if any if our loanees aside from Wilson are catching Klopps attention.
Prior to his injury Grujic was reportedly putting in some good performances from what i recall.

costared

TIA Reserve Team

Ryan Kent is playing very well at Rangers. It seems the Gers want to sign him permanently.

GaryBarlow99

Ryan Kent is playing very well at Rangers. It seems the Gers want to sign him permanently.
Have they got that much to spend? I could see a team from the Championship being able to afford more and knowing Edwards he will want around £10m for him.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
I would imagine Kent and Wilson both get pre-season to impress Klopp and one of them gets promoted to the first team and the other leaves.

Kopstar

★★★★★
I would be very surprised if were to get near that much for him.
He's contracted until 2021 so still a fair amount of time to run. I agree that £10m as a flat fee would be optimistic but a package tied to being able to send them further players on loan, loan fees, playing time, add-ons, sell on % for Ryan etc could be arranged depending on certain conditions. Could be of mutual benefit.

I had high hopes for Ryan but there's definitely something lacking. Probably between the ears.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Maybe not the right thread, but I think Wilson is a mile ahead of Kent.

I would agree that Harry Wilson is ahead but have watched quite a few Rangers games and he has been quite impressive. Maybe the Championship is stronger in depth than the SPL but surely the top SPL clubs would do o.k. in the Championship. The SPL is probably the right level for Ryan to do well at.Maybe another loan while Rangers save up their pennies :-)

Limiescouse

I would agree that Harry Wilson is ahead but have watched quite a few Rangers games and he has been quite impressive. Maybe the Championship is stronger in depth than the SPL but surely the top SPL clubs would do o.k. in the Championship. The SPL is probably the right level for Ryan to do well at.Maybe another loan while Rangers save up their pennies :-)
Ive seen enough from Kent to be confident that injuries allowing he will have a fine career at high enough a level to never have to work a "proper job" in his life if he doesnt want to. Wilson is just in a different bracket though. I think it will be a disappointment if the best he reaches is a "good Championship player". Hell, at this point I think it would be a disappointment if he had a career on a par with Andros Townsend of Kieran Richardson.

Last edited:

Neukolln

Has JK officially said Lallana has an injury? It all seems very mysterious. I watched the pre-match PC for Brighton and he never said Lallana was officially hurt or carrying a knock, just that he was "unavailable". I wouldn't be surprised if he's being moved this window.

Maybe not the right thread, but I think Wilson is a mile ahead of Kent.
I also love young Wilson's attitude. Always positive attitude and always talking about how he can get better because he wants to play for the first team here. He cannot wait to contribute to this Liverpool side. He has all the right mental wiring and attitude to go with his skill. I am a huge fan of this kid.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Has JK officially said Lallana has an injury? It all seems very mysterious. I watched the pre-match PC for Brighton and he never said Lallana was officially hurt or carrying a knock, just that he was "unavailable". I wouldn't be surprised if he's being moved this window.

I also love young Wilson's attitude. Always positive attitude and always talking about how he can get better because he wants to play for the first team here. He cannot wait to contribute to this Liverpool side. He has all the right mental wiring and attitude to go with his skill. I am a huge fan of this kid.
I think Joyce has reported Klopp as saying he was out with injury for the Brighton game

costared

TIA Reserve Team

We need another attacking option now. I would be quite happy if that were Wilson. Lampard would not be though.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
We need another attacking option now. I would be quite happy if that were Wilson. Lampard would not be though.
The attacking option is to take over from Lallana? The man that played 18 matches in the last one and a half season?

Richard88

Klopp mentioned something about several players getting ill after the City game... as it's "something that happens this time of year". If there's no mention of an injury but the player isn't "available" that would be why.