The Unreliable Rumours Thread

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
We need another attacking option now. I would be quite happy if that were Wilson. Lampard would not be though.
I see that Wilson wasn't in the Derby squad for the game at Leeds. Injured or being mothballed prior to a return to Anfield?

Mark Thurgood

Maybe not the right thread, but I think Wilson is a mile ahead of Kent.
I have to agree with this, no choice you’re completely correct, I thought when Kent went on loan to Bristol City that was a decent choice of club for him and they’re quite attacking under Lee Johnson but, ultimately he didn’t prove to be a catalyst for them the way Wilson is for Derby. Is he only doing well because it’s Rangers?. I think so.

redfanman

TIA Regular
I have to agree with this, no choice you’re completely correct, I thought when Kent went on loan to Bristol City that was a decent choice of club for him and they’re quite attacking under Lee Johnson but, ultimately he didn’t prove to be a catalyst for them the way Wilson is for Derby. Is he only doing well because it’s Rangers?. I think so.
No, i think he is a good player - didnt he have another loan spell in the championship that worked out well? I thnk in Germany he initially looked promising and then quickly tailed off.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
The attacking option is to take over from Lallana? The man that played 18 matches in the last one and a half season?
I said nothing about Lallana Eddie. he attacking option is to cover for Mane, Firmino and Salah. If one of those 3 gets injured we have a problem . I do not consider Shaquiri as the answer and anyhow we could quite easily lose 2 at a time, after all we have 3 CB´s injured now, could just as easily be 2 or 3 attackers. Neither Sturridge or Origi are playing well enough to do the job.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
I said nothing about Lallana Eddie. he attacking option is to cover for Mane, Firmino and Salah. If one of those 3 gets injured we have a problem . I do not consider Shaquiri as the answer and anyhow we could quite easily lose 2 at a time, after all we have 3 CB´s injured now, could just as easily be 2 or 3 attackers. Neither Sturridge or Origi are playing well enough to do the job.
Shaqiri is the answer, he is why we didnt persue the likes of Lemar etc.
Keita also is very effective (possibly his best performances came here) as a left forward also.

I personally think Origi surrounded by better players will be an asset, just sticking him alongside Sturridge who didnt move all game hardly helps anyone. He came alive when Firmino and Salah came on. So he is an option also.

C

Caradoc

Shaqiri is the answer, he is why we didnt persue the likes of Lemar etc.
Keita also is very effective (possibly his best performances came here) as a left forward also.

I personally think Origi surrounded by better players will be an asset, just sticking him alongside Sturridge who didnt move all game hardly helps anyone. He came alive when Firmino and Salah came on. So he is an option also.

Spot on!

Mark Thurgood

No, i think he is a good player - didnt he have another loan spell in the championship that worked out well? I thnk in Germany he initially looked promising and then quickly tailed off.
I don’t think he did, it was 6 months with Freiburg then 6 months Bristol City pre-season with us where he did show glimpses of good things when we played Bayern in the Audi cup. Now Rangers

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Thanks I also think people forget that Origi, Shaqiri are covering for an injury or two.. They won’t be getting dropped into a brand new 11 including academy players and players not wanting to be here or can’t run etc. Regularly.

Huge difference coming into a wining lineup that is playing well. Which is what said backups would be doing.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Thanks I also think people forget that Origi, Shaqiri are covering for an injury or two.. They won’t be getting dropped into a brand new 11 including academy players and players not wanting to be here or can’t run etc. Regularly.

Huge difference coming into a wining lineup that is playing well. Which is what said backups would be doing.
I disagree with them covering an injury or two. I'd say we play a front 4 as often as a front 3 now. Mane, Salah and Firmino have hardly missed any game time since the start of last season (thank fuck!!!!)! It's yet to be seen if Ox or Shaqiri would be the starter.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
I disagree with them covering an injury or two. I'd say we play a front 4 as often as a front 3 now. Mane, Salah and Firmino have hardly missed any game time since the start of last season (thank fuck!!!!)! It's yet to be seen if Ox or Shaqiri would be the starter.
Salah and Firmino are two of the most reobust players in the game. Salah I believe over his entire career has missed less than 4% of total games, no.1 is Suarez (2% missed) followed by Lewandowski etc.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.

Sounds like Origi/Sturridge leave and we bring in a top quality player to rotate with Salah/Firmino (and Brewster).

Reading that sounds like Werner personally, fits the profile and we could announce it for summer now.
I'm hoping it's just one excellent player who has a bit of pace about them whether they're a wide player or a striker. Not as bothered about Werner as others seem to be, he's a decent fit but there are other good options.

The addition of Wilson, Chamberlain and Brewster to the current bunch would give Klopp a few more options to choose from too.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Sounds like Origi/Sturridge leave and we bring in a top quality player to rotate with Salah/Firmino (and Brewster).

Reading that sounds like Werner personally, fits the profile and we could announce it for summer now.
I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Werner. At the moment we have two formations. The first is the 4-3-3 we saw last season the other (which is starting to become more popular this season) is more 442 or 4231 with (so far) Firmino playing off Salah. What I could see next season is Ox, Mane and Shaqiri competing for the two outer roles cutting in with Wilson as the young developing talent given chances and providing emergency cover. Then for the two central roles you have Brewster to offer the same to Firmino, Salah and another. Plenty of balance and symmetry with like for like options along with slight tactical tweaks available to Klopp. In a 433 you have Wilson backing up Ox in the attacking CM role, Brewster and Shaqiri backing up Mane and Salah wide and Werner backing up Firmino. Yet again balance and symmetry along with both like for like and tactical tweak options. We really are making do with Sturridge, Origi and Lallana at the moment who don't offer like for like cover or suffer from either lacking quality or availability/effectiveness issues when used as tactical tweaks.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
It's bloody Pearce.... I am not going to get too worked up with what he said as he knows fuck all about who and what we needed. Not without Klopp and the club revealing their hands. All guessing game, till they got one right.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
I think that it could be Werner assuming we can land him. That would be my choice because he can play wide on the left or as a striker so it makes sense.
What I think is lovely is we could literally sign any from natural Center Forward, Right Forward, Left Forward our Number 10, but with the ability to play a 2nd or 3rd position. Our front line is so so flexible its unreal.

Firmino can play no.9, false 9, no.10 and either side (not elite level for the wide though).
Salah can play right forward, no.9, false 9 or left forward.
Mane is a right forward by trade playing left forward at elite levels (temporary form aside!)

I think this also helps us eliminate players as flexibility is a key component in a Klopp player.

Werner - No.9 or Left Forward.
Fekir (although I think our interest is cover) - No.10, false 9, wide forward
Dembele - Left or Right Forward.

Etc. Etc. We truely are turning into an elite team all round.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
It's bloody Pearce.... I am not going to get too worked up with what he said as he knows fuck all about who and what we needed. Not without Klopp and the club revealing their hands. All guessing game, till they got one right.
Better connected than anyone on this forum. Although he is saying what I’d consider is common sense, we can’t keep stripping the front line’s reserve pool without needing to have depth in some form. Replacing 3 un-suited players by 1 elite level rotation seems logical.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Better connected than anyone on this forum. Although he is saying what I’d consider is common sense, we can’t keep stripping the front line’s reserve pool without needing to have depth in some form. Replacing 3 un-suited players by 1 elite level rotation seems logical.
If you ever rate someone in the forum carrying a better rumour than those who are paid to generate them, I worry for you.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
If you ever rate someone in the forum carrying a better rumour than those who are paid to generate them, I worry for you.
You miss the point (as per norm), which was Pearce is a decent journalist with excellent links into the club. You said he knows fuck all, which I truely doubt. Leaks have stopped correct but I’d believe he has good idea of our strategy, a lot gets said off camera which they get asked not to print till a certain point. Unless of course you are Werner and can’t handle a glass of sherry!

Dave-D

You miss the point (as per norm), which was Pearce is a decent journalist with excellent links into the club. You said he knows fuck all, which I truely doubt. Leaks have stopped correct but I’d believe he has good idea of our strategy, a lot gets said off camera which they get asked not to print till a certain point. Unless of course you are Werner and can’t handle a glass of sherry!
His excellent link left and now manages Celtic