• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Dave-D

Origi wouldn’t be a bad addition for Spurs. Yes he isn’t Kane but he’s more mobile than Llorente and if played through the middle would have a decent return.
Won’t happen as Klopp won’t let it, so unlucky Spurs lol

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Origi wouldn’t be a bad addition for Spurs. Yes he isn’t Kane but he’s more mobile than Llorente and if played through the middle would have a decent return.
I dunno though. Have Spurs still got to play City?

Richard88

Yes Origi would be an excellent signing for Spurs. Not expected to be their long-term starter, but has plenty of experience in a pressing side, good age, and I think he's been a good fit stylistically as a like-for-like backup to Kane (albeit a drop in quality).

That said, it's not gonna happen as Klopp will want to keep him as our backup up front (unless of course we sign someone else this window which seems unlikely). There's also the issue of strengthening your rival mid-season, but that's debatable given that Spurs are already 9 points behind with their toughest 3 aways to come.

Red over the water

Spurs would be a good move for Origi, but not for us, so I doubt it will happen, at least not this month.

Caveat: if we signed Werner or equivalent first, then fine, let Origi go. Even then, there would be a sense that we are helping out a rival, but I think Klopp is bigger than that and would allow the move.

But nope, I can't see it. Ings gone. Solanke gone. Sturridge a pale shadow of what he was and can't run. If we let Origi go now without another striker coming in, it would be folly. And the way we go about our business these days seems anything but folly, so I really can't see this one happening, apart from on the condition outlined.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Spurs would be a good move for Origi, but not for us, so I doubt it will happen, at least not this month.

Caveat: if we signed Werner or equivalent first, then fine, let Origi go. Even then, there would be a sense that we are helping out a rival, but I think Klopp is bigger than that and would allow the move.

But nope, I can't see it. Ings gone. Solanke gone. Sturridge a pale shadow of what he was and can't run. If we let Origi go now without another striker coming in, it would be folly. And the way we go about our business these days seems anything but folly, so I really can't see this one happening, apart from on the condition outlined.
If we pulled of a big forward signing, then letting him go to Spurs could be a stroke of genius. Imagine him popping up to score against City at the end of April.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Will be refreshing to see Mignolet, Moreno and Markovic leave. Probably both Sturridge and Origi, too. Next summer will feel like almost a fully cleaned house for Klopp from the past regime. Should be no major exits and he can continue adding a few new faces.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member

GaryBarlow99

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool/liverpool-transfer-plans-the-likely-signings-and-exits-a4041426.html

A Werner + Militao + a no.10 summer window.. Could you see any weakness in that squad? Left back maybe?

GK - Alisson / Mignolet
LB - Robertson / Milner
CB - Van Dijk / Lovren
CB - Gomez / Militao / Matip
RB - Trent-AA / Militao / Gomez
CM - Fabinho / Keita / Gini / Henderson
AM - New / Keita / Shaqiri
LF - Mane / Werner
CF - Firmino / Werner
RF - Salah / Mane / Wilson
Will most likely need a GK as I don't think Mignolet will be around next season and a LB. Unless Adam Lewis is seen as a viable back up?

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Will be refreshing to see Mignolet, Moreno and Markovic leave. Probably both Sturridge and Origi, too. Next summer will feel like almost a fully cleaned house for Klopp from the past regime. Should be no major exits and he can continue adding a few new faces.
Can't wait for this myself, and I'd add Lallana to this list. I was talking to a friend the other day and we came to realise that, when everyone's fully fit, Klopp's arguably strongest current XI contained only two players he didn't sign or didn't give his Liverpool debut to - Gomez is one and whether the second is Henderson or Milner is up to debate. To me, it looked like the number was bigger, and I don't even consider Gomez a Rodgers' transfer because he played him out of position for a little while before benching him. It's no wonder his next transfer moves will consist of replacing the squad members who don't contribute enough, especially when you compare his options to those of Guardiola's.

MW2833

Can't wait for this myself, and I'd add Lallana to this list. I was talking to a friend the other day and we came to realise that, when everyone's fully fit, Klopp's arguably strongest current XI contained only two players he didn't sign or didn't give his Liverpool debut to - Gomez is one and whether the second is Henderson or Milner is up to debate. To me, it looked like the number was bigger, and I don't even consider Gomez a Rodgers' transfer because he played him out of position for a little while before benching him. It's no wonder his next transfer moves will consist of replacing the squad members who don't contribute enough, especially when you compare his options to those of Guardiola's.
Bobby?

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool/liverpool-transfer-plans-the-likely-signings-and-exits-a4041426.html

A Werner + Militao + a no.10 summer window.. Could you see any weakness in that squad? Left back maybe?

GK - Alisson / Mignolet
LB - Robertson / Milner
CB - Van Dijk / Lovren
LF - Mane / Werner
CF - Firmino / Werner
No mention of OX?

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member

GK - Alisson / Mignolet
LB - Robertson / Milner
CB - Van Dijk / Lovren
LF - Mane / Werner
CF - Firmino / Werner
No need for a #10 for me, Firmino has been pure sex in that role recently. Keita, Chamberlain, Shaqiri, Wilson and even Salah or Mane can play there. I'd focus on a more pacy, goalscoring type player.

Will probably need a keeper and left back.

The Werner and Militao rumours make sense. I like the sound of Militao but as usual it's the super-agent business that puts me off, but that's a worry for down the road.

MW2833

No mention of OX?
Think it's going to be interesting how he fits in if we stick with the 4-2-3-1 formation.

Firmino is playing the CAM role currently and Salah in strike.
AOC won't be able to play in the two defensive midfield positions IMO.
So he would be a backup for Firmino, which is disappointing as he is a starting 11 calibre

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
No need for a #10 for me, Firmino has been pure sex in that role recently. Keita, Chamberlain, Shaqiri, Wilson and even Salah or Mane can play there. I'd focus on a more pacy, goalscoring type player.

Will probably need a keeper and left back.

The Werner and Militao rumours make sense. I like the sound of Militao but as usual it's the super-agent business that puts me off, but that's a worry for down the road.
I’m just going off the article, as you say the priority has to be a top class option to rotate with Bobby.

Red over the water

If we pulled of a big forward signing, then letting him go to Spurs could be a stroke of genius. Imagine him popping up to score against City at the end of April.
I would love that! But yep, we have to get a forward in first. I dread to think what we'd do if someone is out for a spell and we are looking at Sturridge or and untested Brewster.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Think it's going to be interesting how he fits in if we stick with the 4-2-3-1 formation.

Firmino is playing the CAM role currently and Salah in strike.
AOC won't be able to play in the two defensive midfield positions IMO.
So he would be a backup for Firmino, which is disappointing as he is a starting 11 calibre
Actually I think Ox and Mane would be looking to start on the wide attacking midfielder roles under competition for places from Shaq and Wilson.

Incognito

The Normal One
I somewhat disagree. Considering the signings our most likely first 11 should be (arguably):
Alisson - Trent Gomez VVD Robbo - Fab Keita Ox - Salah Mane Firmino

That leaves our 'squad' or bench players as
Migs - Lovren Matip Moreno - Hendo Gini Milly Shaqs Lallana - Sturridge Origi

The bold ones are definitely very good options and can fill in for/ are first team players currently! And considering how much they have featured for us this season, we definitely have room for a couple of more world class players who will definitely get a look in and enough chances during the course of the season!

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
I somewhat disagree. Considering the signings our most likely first 11 should be (arguably):
Alisson - Trent Gomez VVD Robbo - Fab Keita Ox - Salah Mane Firmino

That leaves our 'squad' or bench players as
Migs - Lovren Matip Moreno - Hendo Gini Milly Shaqs Lallana - Sturridge Origi

The bold ones are definitely very good options and can fill in for/ are first team players currently! And considering how much they have featured for us this season, we definitely have room for a couple of more world class players who will definitely get a look in and enough chances during the course of the season!
Exactly so where does that sub list look light? Up front i.e. a player who can score goals.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
They can't mate. It's a vicious circle. The squad players aren't good enough but if we buy a top player they won't want to be on the bench. Rinse and repeat.
If we buy a good player they won't always be on the bench, that's the point.

If Sturridge was replaced with somebody like Son do you think Son would play exactly the same amount of minutes? Or would Klopp choose to rotate the front 3 more?