• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I think priority for me is cover for left flank so Mane can be rested or switched to right flank when appropriate and Robertson can have a rest now and then.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
No rumours as such, but spurs deny being in for free agent Rossi.
On a short term contract I would be happy with him as sturridge isn’t fancied, Brewster isn’t fit and origi can then be sold without any deadwood for the summer.

big noyd

wonder if we'd go for both militao and lloyd kelly, who at 6'3 probably projects as a centre half

MW2833

wonder if we'd go for both militao and lloyd kelly, who at 6'3 probably projects as a centre half
Wouldn't have a good effect on the academy though.
Just militao would be better imo as Adam Lewis can be promoted soon hopefully.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Wouldn't have a good effect on the academy though.
Just militao would be better imo as Adam Lewis can be promoted soon hopefully.
Why would it? Lewis is a left back who is defensively suspect (according to two respected posters ILLOK and Sweeting) so may end up as a midfielder or attacker. We have no quality youth defenders (Gomez aside).

Our academy is doing excellent, there is a clear route to the first team if you are good enough.

MW2833

Why would it? Lewis is a left back who is defensively suspect (according to two respected posters ILLOK and Sweeting) so may end up as a midfielder or attacker. We have no quality youth defenders (Gomez aside).

Our academy is doing excellent, there is a clear route to the first team if you are good enough.
The post that I made was assuming both lovren and matip stay.
If they go, then I have no complaints against Lloyd Kelly and militao both coming in.
I hadn't read ILLOK's posts about Adam Lewis's defensive capability, so if he has not good enough then I would want Lloyd Kelly.

Also, we have some quality defenders coming through such as Philips and KJH.

C

Caradoc

Call it bullshit.... €70m for someone who seemed to be diving all over the place and just played 9 senior matches so far?
The amount of times he hit the fucking ground.... Klopp would have killed him.

The dive is the new ‘Cruff Turn’ mun. Perfected by none other than Neymar!

Crazy money

Hope he's better than the last youngster we signed from from Benfica!

Don’t shoot the messenger boys ....... ! :shocked:

C

Caradoc

Call it bullshit.... €70m for someone who seemed to be diving all over the place and just played 9 senior matches so far?
The amount of times he hit the fucking ground.... Klopp would have killed him.

In fairness eddie a lot of those tackles were fouls where he stood to lose the ball. He just needs to learn not to overplay it and only go down when he needs to. Klopp would soon set him straight. Start him off in the U23s.

But not at €70 million .......... no chance! He wouldn’t get anywhere our first team atm!

Still better than Pulisic though ....... :shocked:

:tongue:

Gazmaninaus

He would want to be better than the last big thing we bought from that league. He has been a disaster and we can’t even give him away.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Express reporting we are lining up a £20m bid for Schalke's Weston Mckennie. Never heard of him.Also reports we are looking at Lazio's Immobile.

Last edited:

Drubas

Express reporting we are lining up a £20m for Schalke's Weston Mckennie. Never heard of him.Also reports were looking at Lazio's Immobile.
Decent two way player, with potential. Would fit our midfield well, since he can offer bit control and we'll needed penetration.

Not good enough right now, if you ask me.