The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Dave-D

Bayern already have Coman, Gnabry and probably James all able to play both sides plus a couple of young wingers already. They'll probably buy a senior winger or two. They don't need to rotate as much as us either. Ox hasn't got back from injury yet and may not play on the wing, Keita isn't a winger, yet to see what will happen with Wilson and both Mane and Shaqiri can play in the middle as well as the wing. There's more chance of a young, developing, winger getting time on the pitch for us right now in my opinion. I might be wrong we will have to wait and see.
Coman says himself he’s one more ankle injury away from retirement, James loan finishes in the summer and by most accounts him staying seems 50/50, that leaves Gnarby. So if they sign Hudson-Odio I doubt they’d buy another two wingers on top maybe one so he would still only be at worst 2nd choice so playing time wouldn’t be an problem there either tho.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
CHO seems a proper talent but I am all for giving Harry Wilson a legitimate look in the squad next season and going from there. He has put in a lot of work in all phases of his football and has made it very clear he wants to be in this squad. He doesn't just talk about wanting to be a contributor here, he's been backing it up with his play. I am a big fan of this kid and the way he is mentally wired.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
CHO seems a proper talent but I am all for giving Harry Wilson a legitimate look in the squad next season and going from there. He has put in a lot of work in all phases of his football and has made it very clear he wants to be in this squad. He doesn't just talk about wanting to be a contributor here, he's been backing it up with his play. I am a big fan of this kid and the way he is mentally wired.
I'm going to disagree heavily on this. If CHO is priced reasonably, I would be on top of that.

This isn't about denying Wilson a legitimate look, but because we should always be looking to corner the best home grown talent (don't want to be overpaying for that later) or make a Fabian Delph-like desperation purchase. 12 months on a contract is a good time to buy at value. At worst, one stays and the other is loaned out.

We've lost / likely to lose: Ings, Solanke, Sturridge, Clyne and maybe Lallana from our home-grown contingent. Milner will also move on / retire soon and Oxlade's full recovery is uncertain.

Meanwhile, the FA is trying to push through a proposal to limit non-homegrown players to 13. Doubt it will happen, but a compromise wouldn't surprise me either.

Last edited:

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Havent seen CHO play, but i cant see why if the club think he is good enough to sign there wouldnt be adequate playing time here for him. Likewise i would be very surprised for Bayern to hang their hopes on him and Gnabry as their primary wide attacking players and would fully expect them to sign more players that cover those spots in addition to CHO were they to get him.

His decision shouldnt be solely about playing time but also the coaching he will recieve and what he will get to learn.

vjcpatriot

The latest rumor is Steven Bergwijn for £25m. The 21 year old dutch winger is quickly ascending and already has international caps. Might fit FSG's profile.

It's going to be an interesting window. Bergwijn this January + Werner in the summer would create a deeper attacking rotation. But a versatile defender is far more likely the needed addition right now.

Last edited:

GaryBarlow99

I like the look of Bergwijn. Good scoring and assist record even though it's only the Dutch league.
It's going to be an interesting window. Bergwijn this January + Werner in the summer would create a deeper attacking rotation. But a versatile defender is far more likely the needed addition right now.
I think it would be Werner or Bergwijn. Unless Klopp has decided Shaq, Bobby and Lallana can play the No.10 role he wanted Fekir to fill..

Last edited:

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
The latest rumor is Steven Bergwijn for £25m. The 21 year old dutch winger is quickly ascending and already has international caps. Might fit FSG's profile.

Not sure it is the latest rumour, it was doing the rounds a month ago i think.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I like the look of Bergwijn. Good scoring and assist record even though it's only the Dutch league.

I think it would be Werner or Bergwijn. Unless Klopp has decided Shaq, Bobby and Lallana can play the No.10 role he wanted Fekir to fill..
Not sure Fekir was supposed to fill the 10 role. Could have been seen as the utility player Shaq is currently

Dave-D

Hudson-Odio has handed in a transfer requires. I wonder what Chelsea will do now, he’s already told he won’t sign a new deal with them and he’ll run his contract down now a transfer request.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Hudson-Odio has handed in a transfer requires. I wonder what Chelsea will do now, he’s already told he won’t sign a new deal with them and he’ll run his contract down now a transfer request.
If true (link?), it's interesting in terms of symbolism but for someone in Hudson-Odoi's position not much else.

[Edit: just seen the story on the BBC]
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47017908

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
If true (link?), it's interesting in terms of symbolism but for someone in Hudson-Odoi's position not much else.

[Edit: just seen the story on the BBC]
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47017908
It would be insane if he goes for the suggested price*, it would be a strange decision to pay the kid +£80k* a week. They signed Pulisic who is much more established, has played champions league, etc.

*assuming quoted figures are accurate. More than double TAA and Gomez before contract extensions.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I don't see Bayern paying £35m for a player who has only played a handful of matches for the senior side. This is a German club, although they did sign Renato Sanches but the guy had already clocked 24 matches for his senior side before Bayern got themselves deceived and bought him off a good 2016 summer tournament for his country. Odoi has done nothing yet, and German clubs are pretty quick to learn their lesson....

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I don't see Bayern paying £35m for a player who has only played a handful of matches for the senior side. This is a German club, although they did sign Renato Sanches but the guy had already clocked 24 matches for his senior side before Bayern got themselves deceived and bought him off a good 2016 summer tournament for his country. Odoi has done nothing yet, and German clubs are pretty quick to learn their lesson....
PRobably would have involved a lot of add ons. I wouldnt be too sceptical - we know Bayern are now in a rebuilding phase and trying to put together aa fairly young team. We also know that Lookman and now Jadon at BVB have been impressive making that jump already.

auzziez

Is this the most silent January transfer window, in terms of incoming transfer speculations/confirmations, for some time now? And more importantly the one where even no hope of getting someone on board by the end of the month doesn't bother us at all?
I will stick my head out and say, this is good. Really good. Goes on to say how well Klopp has built this team. Unfortunate injuries but still we have versatile players who can plug the gap when needed.
Great to see the momentum going without having the need to bother about the incomings come end of January.
No more stop gap singings is really pleasant to see.
As for the quality signings that could add more to the squad, not bothered. If Klopp thought there was anyone available, he would have been on board by now.

Alright Now

Is this the most silent January transfer window, in terms of incoming transfer speculations/confirmations, for some time now? And more importantly the one where even no hope of getting someone on board by the end of the month doesn't bother us at all?
I will stick my head out and say, this is good. Really good. Goes on to say how well Klopp has built this team. Unfortunate injuries but still we have versatile players who can plug the gap when needed.
Great to see the momentum going without having the need to bother about the incomings come end of January.
No more stop gap singings is really pleasant to see.
As for the quality signings that could add more to the squad, not bothered. If Klopp thought there was anyone available, he would have been on board by now.
And it’ll be even better in two months when Ox is back and Jurgen says our work for the summer window is done.

1dragon

TIA Regular
Is Callum Hudson Odoi really worth 35M in potential? His style suits our team on paper, so if he is really worth it, then we should go in with a sneaky bid.

big noyd

convinced myself lloyd kelly was going to be gomez's mirror image, that trail went cold

kid from brescia is interesting, doubt there's much in that though

RedBaron

Curse you RedBaron!!!!
The lad from Brescia seems to have potential but, we haven’t been blessed with our Italian first team signings... all four of them !

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Barca still probably favourites to get him, though nothing officially announced yet. They got Frenkie in for next summer however for a big fee. If they also sign Rabiot, I guess it could mean the end for Arturo Vidal.

Red over the water

I think Sancho is inflating the CHO fee a bit. Everyone knew Sancho was a good player, but very quickly he showed that he was very good. Now he would probably cost £100M or something silly like that. Odoi might prove to have quality in that sort of vicinity, or he may be a step or two lower. It has to be hard to judge a player based on such little evidence. OK you can see what they do against their peers in the lower ages, but there’s many a young player who didn’t step up to replicate that at a senior level. I’m not saying that’s what will happen with CHO but there has to be a fair bit of a gamble with the fee going up like it is.

On our side we’ve got a good young winger who has bided his time, put in a few shifts on loan... and bossed it. He has some actual playing evidence to judge him on, in proper games, pressure games. He has a wand of a left foot on the free kicks too.

I don’t know how these things are decided (we’ll ultimately it’s supply and demand I suppose) but Harry Wilson has to be at least as valuable a player as CHO at this stage.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Abdulkadir Omur . young ,quick, skilful winger from Trabonzpur. Looks good on youtube but so do many others.Will be an interesting signing in the summer if the rumour is correct.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
I find a lot of stuff from Turskish sources to be rubbish. But what would Omur mean for Shaqiri (and maybe Wilson?)? From what I see, he's also a little left-footed player who mainly plays off the left coming inside.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
I'm skeptical of the dubious reports on LFC agreeing Abdulkadir. Smallish, pacey winger doesn't really provide anything significant that Wilson or Shaq cannot. Of course anything is possible but doesn't seem in line with JK's approach. JMO. The part that makes all of it seem fake is "have agreed to terms but waiting until the end of the season to announce as not to anger fans". **after just "announced" via Twitter posting

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I'm skeptical of the dubious reports on LFC agreeing Abdulkadir. Smallish, pacey winger doesn't really provide anything significant that Wilson or Shaq cannot. Of course anything is possible but doesn't seem in line with JK's approach. JMO. The part that makes all of it seem fake is "have agreed to terms but waiting until the end of the season to announce as not to anger fans". **after just "announced" via Twitter posting
I am not sure how true that is though...

Especially this - "an announcement has been avoided in order to not anger the Trabzonspor fans." Now I know we got this fella from quite a new Turkish side, a 50 year old club, but I am pretty sure their fans have internet. And I know Turkish are quite fluent in English too. Very odd to not have an announcement thinking we are back in the 70s or 80s where nobody has access to instant news. You know what I mean?

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Especially this - "an announcement has been avoided in order to not anger the Trabzonspor fans." Now I know we got this fella from quite a new Turkish side, a 50 year old club, but I am pretty sure their fans have internet. And I know Turkish are quite fluent in English too. Very odd to not have an announcement thinking we are back in the 70s or 80s where nobody has access to instant news. You know what I mean?
Exactly! Completely agree. I literally laughed out loud when I read that Tweet as if they were implying the internet or Twitter doesn't work in that part of the world and no one in Turkey would see it.

C

Caradoc

Oh good God. There have been other claims on Twitter that we have signed players that surprise, surprise have been utter tosh!

Nothing to see here folks ........... please move along .............. !