• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
I don't see it. I think it was more about clearing space for youngsters and letting players wanting more playing time to go.

I thought Camacho had gone, is his moving not going ahead?
Correct Klopp wants him to stay so stopped the move.

I think Fabinho/Milner/Gomez and maybe Camacho were ahead of Clyne anyway so it's not a problem.

sms1986

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Correct Klopp wants him to stay so stopped the move.

I think Fabinho/Milner/Gomez and maybe Camacho were ahead of Clyne anyway so it's not a problem.
If you peek in the injury thread news, Comacho may get a run in the side as well. Maybe Milner, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Comacho get some games.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
If you peek in the injury thread news, Comacho may get a run in the side as well. Maybe Milner, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Comacho get some games.
Milner will start there against Palace I'm sure, can't see Klopp sticking Camacho in against Zaha right now. Henderson, Fabinho and Keita/Shaqiri in midfield.

I do expect Camacho to find his way onto the pitch again before the season is finished though, he played really well for the u23s last night and I thought he looked decent vs Wolves. Covers a lot of different positions on the sides too. I think he'll be on the bench and if there's a chance to get him some easy minutes over the next month (if we have a healthy lead) Jurgen might just do so.

C

Caradoc

Talking of the U23s, spare a thought for young Ki-Jana Hoever who was sent off whilst playing for the U23s as a result of one of the worst refereeing decisions I think I’ve seen in over 50 years of watching football. Scandalous, ..... outrageous, ........ imbecilic, ...... incredibly dodgy ........ call it what you like ...... !

Mark Thurgood

You can’t predict injuries, fortunately we’ve been pretty good all season with them, unfortunately they’re London buses with us at the moment. Which is terrible but it’s not a crisis I feel, when you have cover in midfield and the emergence of Camacho, Mr Utility and Fabinho who played well at CB against Brighton and has played RB before for Monaco....for me it’s not a crisis, my only concern is Palace our next fixture, generally a tough tackling team, and for me our bogey team over the last few years, BUT we are at home not away to them AND Matip, Lovren and Trent’s injuries bring them back in February....could be worse, could be long term....thankfully it’s not.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Milner will start there against Palace I'm sure, can't see Klopp sticking Camacho in against Zaha right now. Henderson, Fabinho and Keita/Shaqiri in midfield.

I do expect Camacho to find his way onto the pitch again before the season is finished though, he played really well for the u23s last night and I thought he looked decent vs Wolves. Covers a lot of different positions on the sides too. I think he'll be on the bench and if there's a chance to get him some easy minutes over the next month (if we have a healthy lead) Jurgen might just do so.
He does however have the worse mustache I've seen for a few years in football.

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
I'm getting Delph feelings here. Guardiola thought Delph was good enough as a cover. If it weren't for him, they would be only one point behind Liverpool probably, but they are 4 and Delph never played again after they lost 2x1 at Leicester. The same goes with all the "solutions" to our CB or RB, for different reasons.

I don't understand how people think it's fine using our best number 6, the only source of creativity in this position, as a regular centre back or right back. By doing this, we are getting weaker.

The same goes with Gomez. He is amazing at CB, but he shouldn't be moved to RB because his CB backups are Lovren and Matip and I don't trust any of them (Lovren lost us the game vs City, I doubt Gomez would allow that much space for Aguero) to become regulars (play 2~4 consecutive games).

Now I hear Ki-Jana, a 16 year old kid. I don't think he is ready at all.

About Milner, I don't have a very popular opinion and I know I will be bashed, but that's fine: he shouldn't be our backup at right back. I think he has a very hard time against pacey wingers and I also don't think he's been very good for the last 1~2 months. He's started this season playing absolutely amazing football at midfield, but faded very fast. Imagine playing at right back?

I think we really need a new right back. At this moment, I'd be very happy having Clyne here. It was a big mistake from Klopp imo because he thinks our second best CB, our best DM and Milner are solution somewhere else on the pitch. I don't like this, I think we are getting weaker.

We may be the only team leading a league without a proper RB backup. It's not good.

Last edited:

Fowler's Left Peg

I want to see this kid get games but not against Zaha thanks.

Milner seems to be a popular choice but I suspect Matip is fit then Fab will play there. he is more than good enough to keep Zaha quiet

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
I want to see this kid get games but not against Zaha thanks.

Milner seems to be a popular choice but I suspect Matip is fit then Fab will play there. he is more than good enough to keep Zaha quiet
Not sure about that, he doesn't look particularly quick to turn nor over 10 yards. He reads the game well though but would worry for him up against Zaha.

Limiescouse

I'm getting Delph feelings here. Guardiola thought Delph was good enough as a cover. If it weren't for him, they would be only one point behind Liverpool probably, but they are 4 and Delph never played again after they lost 2x1 at Leicester.
Delph was a mainstay of a record breaking title winning side last year. He has barely played since that game because he had a 3 game suspension to deal with. He's been back on the bench for the two recent games for which he was available, but was overlooked last night for the 50 million quid versatility FB he had previously been keeping out of the side. If our fill in option do that well we'll be ok.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
We are thin in the back, but Matip is back in training and Gomez should be back in a couple weeks, Lovren seems like he's game-to-game right now with the hamstring. Milner and Fabinho can provide cover at the back.

It's not ideal - this is why I was opposed to the Clyne loan - but it would be risky to spend a significant sum on a defender only to have to sit him in a couple weeks.

roydom

TIA Reserve Team
I'm getting Delph feelings here. Guardiola thought Delph was good enough as a cover. If it weren't for him, they would be only one point behind Liverpool probably, but they are 4 and Delph never played again after they lost 2x1 at Leicester. The same goes with all the "solutions" to our CB or RB, for different reasons.

I don't understand how people think it's fine using our best number 6, the only source of creativity in this position, as a regular centre back or right back. By doing this, we are getting weaker.

The same goes with Gomez. He is amazing at CB, but he shouldn't be moved to RB because his CB backups are Lovren and Matip and I don't trust any of them (Lovren lost us the game vs City, I doubt Gomez would allow that much space for Aguero) to become regulars (play 2~4 consecutive games).

Now I hear Ki-Jana, a 16 year old kid. I don't think he is ready at all.

About Milner, I don't have a very popular opinion and I know I will be bashed, but that's fine: he shouldn't be our backup at right back. I think he has a very hard time against pacey wingers and I also don't think he's been very good for the last 1~2 months. He's started this season playing absolutely amazing football at midfield, but faded very fast. Imagine playing at right back?

I think we really need a new right back. At this moment, I'd be very happy having Clyne here. It was a big mistake from Klopp imo because he thinks our second best CB, our best DM and Milner are solution somewhere else on the pitch. I don't like this, I think we are getting weaker.

We may be the only team leading a league without a proper RB backup. It's not good.
Their defeats were more to do with Fernandinho being injured than Delph playing. And he for sent off against Leicester so he was missing a match after that. Milner is far superior than Delph on every position.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Do you mean the last 1-2 games in which he was rushed back from injury?

Otherwise he's played right back at Wolves (league) and Bournemouth and was excellent and he scored the opening goal at the Emirates and our first at Burnley or he was helping dominate Napoli at Anfield. Otherwise he's been struggling with a few niggles and has been coming off the bench mostly.

Not good against Wolves (cup) or City but to say he wasn't good before is baffling. He's had plenty of rest since the Wolves game so you would expect he will return to his normal level.

Red over the water

Zaha will give any fullback a hard time, if he's on his game. I'm nervous about back up fullbacks against a tough opponent like that. Whether it's Milner, Camacho or whoever, Zaha will give them a hard time. Mind you, if TAA was fit he'd give him a hard time too!

We've got plenty to worry Crystal Palace on our side, and hopefully the players fly off to a warm weather break with another three points tucked in the bag.

vjcpatriot

The new rumor is 20 year old Eder Militao, a Brazilian defender to Liverpool.

LFC's Brazilian quotient might help convince Eder to join us if Klopp is interested.

With the injury deficit to our centerbacks and possibly Matip leaving next season, I would not be averse to signing a high potential CB. Gomez looks dare I say somewhat injury-prone although I love him when he is fit and available.

Scooping him away from Manchester United, who desperately need help on defence would just be an added bonus. ;-)

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Zaha will give any fullback a hard time, if he's on his game. I'm nervous about back up fullbacks against a tough opponent like that. Whether it's Milner, Camacho or whoever, Zaha will give them a hard time. Mind you, if TAA was fit he'd give him a hard time too!

We've got plenty to worry Crystal Palace on our side, and hopefully the players fly off to a warm weather break with another three points tucked in the bag.
HAve Palace got any forwards back? i thought they have been relying on Zaha to play down the middle where he has been less effective due to having no fit strikers?

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Do you mean the last 1-2 games in which he was rushed back from injury?

Otherwise he's played right back at Wolves (league) and Bournemouth and was excellent and he scored the opening goal at the Emirates and our first at Burnley or he was helping dominate Napoli at Anfield. Otherwise he's been struggling with a few niggles and has been coming off the bench mostly.

Not good against Wolves (cup) or City but to say he wasn't good before is baffling. He's had plenty of rest since the Wolves game so you would expect he will return to his normal level.
I thought Milner may be carrying an injury. His performace against wolves could also be put down to him feeling that he had to try to cover for so many younger players around him.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
The new rumor is 20 year old Eder Militao, a Brazilian defender to Liverpool.

LFC's Brazilian quotient might help convince Eder to join us if Klopp is interested.

With the injury deficit to our centerbacks and possibly Matip leaving next season, I would not be averse to signing a high potential CB. Gomez looks dare I say somewhat injury-prone although I love him when he is fit and available.

Scooping him away from Manchester United, who desperately need help on defence would just be an added bonus. ;-)
And I suppose they never banked on the draw of Ole in signing replacements :rolleyes:

GaryBarlow99

ITK over on RAWK has confirmed interest in Edar Militao.

Red over the water

Militao makes sense. We have a good group of CBs but there are too many injuries there. Matip and/or Lovren might need to move on so we can get more robust back there.

MW2833

BBC rumours page:

Liverpool's Belgium striker Divock Origi, 23, is among the players Tottenham are considering with England striker Harry Kane, 25, out injured. (Telegraph)

Liverpool's Belgium goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, 30, is set to stay at the club until the end of the season. (ESPN)

Also, according to Calciomercato and the Anfield Press, Liverpool will scout Ciro Immobile in Lazio's match against Napoli. Napoli are also interested in buying Immobile.
https://m.calciomercato.com/en/news/transfer-news-liverpool-scout-immobile-napoli-prepare-offer-17386

Last edited: