• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Limiescouse

If we truly want Hudson Odoi, I think it's another waiting game. He's got 18 months left on his contract, and I don't think Chelsea will sell this window (unless Bayern come back with even larger offer), or the next, at least not to us. Next January would be the earliest I could envision this happening, and even then it would probably be difficult. I doubt at 18 he's willing to wait 18 months and sign with us on a free.

Much more likely to stay at Chelsea or go to Germany, simply because Chelsea will dig their heels in that much more if we come around asking questions.
Keep in mind that he would not be free even in 18 months. Any fee we would agree to pay now or int he summer would be counterbalanced by the 10-15 million quid in developmental costs we would have to pay to get him on a "free".

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Keep in mind that he would not be free even in 18 months. Any fee we would agree to pay now or int he summer would be counterbalanced by the 10-15 million quid in developmental costs we would have to pay to get him on a "free".
Of course, I just mean he would be free to sign with us without Chelsea interference at that point.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Which is a damn sight better deal than what Chelsea are currently asking for him. But my gut feeling is that he will likely be sold in the summer to Bayern purely to ensure he doesn't end up at another English club where he could come back to hunt them for many years

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I agree mate but £60m is the new £20m. Thanks to PSG, the financial doping twats.
We are as guilty as they were mate, right after we splashed £55m for Alisson, Chelsea had to pay nearly £20m more for their young keeper. Market correction will follow soon when economic downturn kicks in. The world has yet to face a recession since 2007-09, this up and coming is going to be quite a big one. The oil boys are going to get hit a bit more than usual this time around.

Limiescouse

We are as guilty as they were mate, right after we splashed £55m for Alisson, Chelsea had to pay nearly £20m more for their young keeper. Market correction will follow soon when economic downturn kicks in. The world has yet to face a recession since 2007-09, this up and coming is going to be quite a big one. The oil boys are going to get hit a bit more than usual this time around.
The fee for Kepa was not really influenced by us. Bilbao knew what they had and knew he was generally considered the next in line after the issues with DdG and Courtois shaked out.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
We could always ask a friendly German club to sign him for the cost in compensation of a few hundred thousand euros and then sell him to us for a bit extra.

None of these pesky tribunals.

Having said that, who knows if UK clubs will be able to sign any players from abroad at all come the summer...

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
We could always ask a friendly German club to sign him for the cost in compensation of a few hundred thousand euros and then sell him to us for a bit extra.

Having said that, who knows if UK clubs will be able to sign any players from abroad at all come the summer...
Now Now :)

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

But with CHO being English surely that wouldn't make a difference would it?

C

Caradoc

My understanding is that CHO is very keen to move abroad. I don’t think the People’s Republic of Liverpool qualifies on that score!

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
I'm not buying these Hudson-Odoi rumours but I definitely wouldn't have any issues with Liverpool signing him. Every time I see him, I think that he's going to be Zaha with end product, and probably a significant end product. I can't say if he'll be as good as Sancho but England's national team will be spoilt for choice in a few years' time if these kids continue progressing at this rate.

That said, everyone's expecting Klopp to sign a centre forward next summer rather than a winger. Not sure what I'd like to see him do but I'm sure he'll think of Liverpool's kids first, namely Wilson, Brewster and Jones, before making any decision on incoming players.

ptt

2020, head of the table.

Not a single Brazilian, American, Argentine nor korean in the whole of English football. Rightly so, damn foreigners.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
The fee for Kepa was not really influenced by us. Bilbao knew what they had and knew he was generally considered the next in line after the issues with DdG and Courtois shaked out.
You buy anyone from Bilbao you inflate the cost, and is 55m for a goalie that inflated, personally with De Gea you could say he earns more points than that entire defence.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
I always thought he wanted to go somewhere that he’d get a lot of game time more than just moving abroad.
That's what I thought too. Let's be honest, though, he's probably got a much greater chance of first team football with a German club, even Bayern, than with a PL club, even us.
He's a midfielder isn't he? I can't see him nailing down a midfield position with us like Trent nailed the RB spot. If game time is what he really wants then he'd be better off at Bayern, but if it's money .......

Dave-D

That's what I thought too. Let's be honest, though, he's probably got a much greater chance of first team football with a German club, even Bayern, than with a PL club, even us.
He's a midfielder isn't he? I can't see him nailing down a midfield position with us like Trent nailed the RB spot. If game time is what he really wants then he'd be better off at Bayern, but if it's money .......

According to transfermarkt he’s playing RW/LW for Chelsea.
The LW spot has Coman, Gnabry, Davies and Ribery with Ribery off in the summer.
RW they’ve only got Jeong and a Robben who’s off in the summer.
Hudson-Odoi has also been told he’ll replace Robben so he’s guaranteed a lot of minutes. Whilst at Liverpool he’d be squad rotation with Mane and Salah.

GaryBarlow99

Rumours that Newcastle are looking at loaning Gelson Martins from A Madrid. I wondered how he was doing after we were linked but it seems like the step up to a stronger league was maybe too much for him.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
According to transfermarkt he’s playing RW/LW for Chelsea.
The LW spot has Coman, Gnabry, Davies and Ribery with Ribery off in the summer.
RW they’ve only got Jeong and a Robben who’s off in the summer.
Hudson-Odoi has also been told he’ll replace Robben so he’s guaranteed a lot of minutes. Whilst at Liverpool he’d be squad rotation with Mane and Salah.
Looks like Salah will play 90% of his games at CF. So Mane would be the starter on one wing, Shaqiri and Ox competing for the other spot. CHO would be similar place in the pecking order at both clubs.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Anyone seen that video on twitter of some Barca fan tweets regarding Countino? I wish id pasted it but lost it.
Its amazing. Starts off saying He is right to leave Liverpool as we are shit etc, his first few tweets after he signs say he is in top 3 players in the world then over time he starts getting the hump with him and his final one says that Countino is the worst sporting transfer of all time. Its amazing. Gutting ive forgotten who posted it.

Dave-D

Looks like Salah will play 90% of his games at CF. So Mane would be the starter on one wing, Shaqiri and Ox competing for the other spot. CHO would be similar place in the pecking order at both clubs.
There’s also Wilson to come back next season as well but I see where your coming from as we do need back up for Mane.
Also doesn’t Werner play LW as well a CF or am I making that up, if and it’s a big if Liverpool are interested in him and sign him that would be even more competition. Hudson-Odio would have to think about that especially when Bayern are offering the Robben position to him with no real competition.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
There’s also Wilson to come back next season as well but I see where your coming from as we do need back up for Mane.
Also doesn’t Werner play LW as well a CF or am I making that up, if and it’s a big if Liverpool are interested in him and sign him that would be even more competition. Hudson-Odio would have to think about that especially when Bayern are offering the Robben position to him with no real competition.
Maybe we sit him down with Shaqiri to discuss what it's worth to be promised to be Robbens heir at Bayern? Does anyone really believe they're going to be playing him week in week out as a starting winger from the off? Does he? He can at least look at Liverpool with a stable situation with Klopp who has a track record of giving youngsters chances. Who will even be the manager there by the time he gets there? Will that manager agree to promises made? If it comes to a straight choice between us and them I fancy our chances. Doubt it will.

Dave-D

Maybe we sit him down with Shaqiri to discuss what it's worth to be promised to be Robbens heir at Bayern? Does anyone really believe they're going to be playing him week in week out as a starting winger from the off? Does he? He can at least look at Liverpool with a stable situation with Klopp who has a track record of giving youngsters chances. Who will even be the manager there by the time he gets there? Will that manager agree to promises made? If it comes to a straight choice between us and them I fancy our chances. Doubt it will.
Robben has already said he is leaving at the end of the season so he’s in a better position to replace Robben than Shaqiri was.

There is that, at least Liverpool can tell Hudson-odio he’s being managed by Klopp next season whilst Bayern’s managerial position is up in the air.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Robben has already said he is leaving at the end of the season so he’s in a better position to replace Robben than Shaqiri was.

There is that, at least Liverpool can tell Hudson-odio he’s being managed by Klopp next season whilst Bayern’s managerial position is up in the air.
Bayern already have Coman, Gnabry and probably James all able to play both sides plus a couple of young wingers already. They'll probably buy a senior winger or two. They don't need to rotate as much as us either. Ox hasn't got back from injury yet and may not play on the wing, Keita isn't a winger, yet to see what will happen with Wilson and both Mane and Shaqiri can play in the middle as well as the wing. There's more chance of a young, developing, winger getting time on the pitch for us right now in my opinion. I might be wrong we will have to wait and see.

C

Caradoc

Currently having a chuckle to myself at these rumours about Real offering £43 million + Ascensio for Firmino! lol

I always thought he wanted to go somewhere that he’d get a lot of game time more than just moving abroad.

I definitely read somewhere that he wants to move abroad because he feels he will have a better chance of establishing himself.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Currently having a chuckle to myself at these rumours about Real offering £43 million + Ascensio for Firmino! lol

I definitely read somewhere that he wants to move abroad because he feels he will have a better chance of establishing himself.
Throw in Isco in the deal and it would be worth consideration