The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Neukolln

I'm skeptical of the dubious reports on LFC agreeing Abdulkadir. Smallish, pacey winger doesn't really provide anything significant that Wilson or Shaq cannot. Of course anything is possible but doesn't seem in line with JK's approach. JMO. The part that makes all of it seem fake is "have agreed to terms but waiting until the end of the season to announce as not to anger fans". **after just "announced" via Twitter posting

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I'm skeptical of the dubious reports on LFC agreeing Abdulkadir. Smallish, pacey winger doesn't really provide anything significant that Wilson or Shaq cannot. Of course anything is possible but doesn't seem in line with JK's approach. JMO. The part that makes all of it seem fake is "have agreed to terms but waiting until the end of the season to announce as not to anger fans". **after just "announced" via Twitter posting
I am not sure how true that is though...

Especially this - "an announcement has been avoided in order to not anger the Trabzonspor fans." Now I know we got this fella from quite a new Turkish side, a 50 year old club, but I am pretty sure their fans have internet. And I know Turkish are quite fluent in English too. Very odd to not have an announcement thinking we are back in the 70s or 80s where nobody has access to instant news. You know what I mean?

Neukolln

Especially this - "an announcement has been avoided in order to not anger the Trabzonspor fans." Now I know we got this fella from quite a new Turkish side, a 50 year old club, but I am pretty sure their fans have internet. And I know Turkish are quite fluent in English too. Very odd to not have an announcement thinking we are back in the 70s or 80s where nobody has access to instant news. You know what I mean?
Exactly! Completely agree. I literally laughed out loud when I read that Tweet as if they were implying the internet or Twitter doesn't work in that part of the world and no one in Turkey would see it.

C

Caradoc

Oh good God. There have been other claims on Twitter that we have signed players that surprise, surprise have been utter tosh!

Nothing to see here folks ........... please move along .............. !

big noyd

rabiot seems like a much better fit for our current setup than keita (the signing i was most excited about)

still don't see us going for him with his mother being such a huge pain in the arse

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
rabiot seems like a much better fit for our current setup than keita (the signing i was most excited about)

still don't see us going for him with his mother being such a huge pain in the arse
Well momma looking out for his baby boy, can't blame her for that. If those twitter messages are real and anything to go by, we know he is a fan of our club, and for him to come out saying if he's coming to England it would be for Liverpool might be very different if we have an offer on the table come summer. And yes I too would think Rabiot might fit better than Keita.

big noyd

oh i definitely believe he grew up supporting us. and their move for de jong would seem to make barca less likely a destination

just not sold on the fit as far as our dressing room or, as a 23 year-old on a 'free', our wage structure

but a fabinho/rabiot/hendo/gini rotation for the double pivot, possibly with the brescia kid loaned back there and waiting in the wings, is very appealing

StevenAlonso

Most quiet transfer window for the entire league.. Except for Clyne transfer I have no complaints.. Ox returning would be immense and hope he helps us with the title. His pace in midfield could be critical.

nikz200

Turkish guy, Rabiot and Tonali? Either Mike and Klopp decided to do summer shopping early this year, or its the 29th Jan and everything is in limbo upside down land. For me the extra squad player would be crucial down the stretch, we can't afford to depend on someone like lallana whose legs are long gone

Red over the water

I can’t see any more changes this window either - apart from maybe Woodburn on loan, that sort of thing.

We’ve cleared the decks a bit more, and in the summer you would have to think there will be a little more of that and Origi and Sturridge will be off to make way for an attacker. It needs to be someone very good so the level doesn’t drop, and Werner would fit the bill perfectly.

Then we are watching central defence. If Matip and Lovren stay, then fine, but I could see one of them going and a new player being signed. Militao seems highly rated, not sure if he’s going to Real Madrid.

Then Moreno will be off. Not sure who is out there, but Lloyd Kelly seems highly rated, is tall and can also play in the middle.

Mingo is great quality for a number two and has all the experience you need. If he’s off to play more, we have a decision to make about bringing another veteran keeper in, or trusting one of the talented kids we have.

After that you would have to think Lallana will be off, but someone like Wilson could come back and take his place and push for more involvement than Lallana has managed in a couple of years.

Milner might stay or go - great pro, and if there’s a Leeds swan song or another season here, good luck to him either way.

We need a couple of tweaks here and there and I expect the quality to go up again in summer. The defence has been hit hard with injuries in recent weeks but we are holding on, just, and reinforcements are on the way back.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Well momma looking out for his baby boy, can't blame her for that. If those twitter messages are real and anything to go by, we know he is a fan of our club, and for him to come out saying if he's coming to England it would be for Liverpool might be very different if we have an offer on the table come summer. And yes I too would think Rabiot might fit better than Keita.
I think part of the problems Rabiot is having is in his disagreements with other coaches around where he is best suited to play. How would that relate to Keita's position?

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I think part of the problems Rabiot is having is in his disagreements with other coaches around where he is best suited to play. How would that relate to Keita's position?
Nobody can play every game, and didn’t we go with that mantra of quality depth and competition for spots are healthy? Why all of a sudden it has become an issue? I don’t get that.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Nobody can play every game, and didn’t we go with that mantra of quality depth and competition for spots are healthy? Why all of a sudden it has become an issue? I don’t get that.
My question wasnt about depth but fitting in and whether the positions Klopp wants him to play differs from where he as a player wants to.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
My question wasnt about depth but fitting in and whether the positions Klopp wants him to play differs from where he as a player wants to.
Which position is Keita playing right now? That should be a question needing address too, no? With Klopp favouring 2 holding mids, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Fabinho seemed to be preferred in that two mid role. Rabiot seemed versatile enough to play holding or like Keita, left/right supporting lone striker, no?

My take is, he’s good. He rejected Spurs and used his mouth piece to tell us he wants to play for us. He will be free and that’s a plus. When we actually got him, then leave it to Klopp to find a suitable post for him, yes?

C

Caradoc

Which position is Keita playing right now? That should be a question needing address too, no? With Klopp favouring 2 holding mids, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Fabinho seemed to be preferred in that two mid role. Rabiot seemed versatile enough to play holding or like Keita, left/right supporting lone striker, no?

My take is, he’s good. He rejected Spurs and used his mouth piece to tell us he wants to play for us. He will be free and that’s a plus. When we actually got him, then leave it to Klopp to find a suitable post for him, yes?

His quality is not in question for me. Klopp will decide whether to even try and try and bring him in. If he does .... fine by me ...... if he doesn’t ........ fine by me!

Red Spud

Our team is so strong right now I've got the same attitude when it comes to any possible new signings. If we get them great, if not no bother.

I really can't remember that ever being the case in all the years supporting us. Last season I felt we really needed Alisson and would have been gutted if he went elsewhere, same with Van Dijk we just had to get him in for what he would bring to the team.

Now it's finally different, we are looking to get a couple more quality players to play in the squad as opposed to needing to fill a glaring weakness in the first 11.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
I only want the club to bring in better than what we have at this stage.
So if we have to wait until the summer then so be it - Ive said all along I still think we are one worldie attacking midfielder short but we seem to be doing ok so far!

Red over the water

Sometimes when we missed out on a good player in the past I would reluctantly admit to myself that they were probably better than us. I was disapppointed, but philosophical.

Nowadays? If anyone doesn’t come here it’s because they aren’t good enough, or hard working enough, or too driven by the money and not by the game itself. In other words, I very much see it as their loss.

There’s one or two I want e.g. Timo Werner, but if we don’t land him (is there confirmation we are in for him?) I’m confident another top option, well scouted, will come and join the party.

kenno91

TIA New Signing
I think we should go in for Nathan Ake in the summer. Him Vvd and Gomez would be great 3 CBs and between the 2 young lads would be a great challenge to get into the team alongside Vvd.

Ake is better than what we have (matip, lovern) and since Howe has bought a few lads from us maybe they wouldnt mind a bit of there cash back. Talk of chelsea trying to get him back to there club also.

Really good singing in my opinion for defence and strength in depth oh and add in a good irish rb in doherty from wolves also. Were missing a solid irish defender since finnian left but thats me being bias of course

Last edited:

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
I think we should go in for Nathan Ake in the summer. Him Vvd and Gomez would be great 3 CBs and between the 2 young lads would be a great challenge to get into the team alongside Vvd.

Ake is better than what we have (matip, lovern) and since Howe has bought a few lads from us maybe they wouldnt mind a bit of there cash back. Talk of chelsea trying to get him back to there club also.

Really good singing in my opinion for defence and strength in depth oh and add in a good irish rb in doherty from wolves also. Were missing a solid irish defender since finnian left but thats me being bias of course
Both have been mentioned on these boards recently as hopeful targets. Both would be excellent signings to boost the squad depth and overall quality of the team.

While were throwing names out there I’d be after Song Min from Spurs he has progressed massively this season. In open play running at defenders 1 on 1 he is explosive and becoming unstoppable. He would fit out style like a glove and could easily rotate across tje 3 attacking Mid positiom behind the striker. I do love Werner too doubt we could have both. A summer where 3 or 4 of the names mentioned arrived with no serious departures and we could consider on par with City for depth of talent

Neukolln

Regarding Ake, I've seen his name mentioned a few times in these threads. IMO it's debatable if he's a clear upgrade over Lovren or Matip, other than his age. Sure he's a tick more mobile than either of them, but IMO he's a really panicky player that makes questionable decisions, and he isn't overly physical either. He's getting quite a bit of first team action in Bournemouth so I don't know why he would want to come to Liverpool to sit on the bench at this point in his career, much less why Howe would be inclined to sell him. But all that said, the way I understand his deal Chelsea would have the first right to buy-back anyway.