The Unreliable Rumours Thread

FilthyBloke

Not an unreliable rumour so pardon me, but I wonder if Wilson was a foreign youngster doing what he’s currently doing at Derby, how much would we be bidding?
The Dutch league is obviously better than the championship but still....

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
I love Insigne, he's a little gem, fantastic skill, agility and enthusiasm. Always looks to create, always looks to exploit every bit of space, be it on the ball or without it. But I don't think he's looking to leave. Didn't think that before he signed that contract when he was maybe, just maybe available to hear what's out there. He would've been a quality "Coutinho replacement". But for the mentioned reasons I didn't even take it as an option. Would make us more able to shift Mane on the other wing while Trent develops, too. Seems like a long shot, doubt there's truth in it. I like that Lozano guy however. Would rather that someone like him gets Shaqiri's minutes, while Shaq can still stay but drop a bit lower down the pecking order.
Lozano ticks every box for me, mainly because he has a never say die attitude! That’s exactly the type we need.

Shaqiri whilst started well as been pretty pants for a little while now. His passing last night was garbage sadly.

I personally think Wilson has forced Klopp’s hand unless we get a big bid for him in the summer, or Derby get promoted. He has to play him or risk showing youth doesn’t have a route if you play well etc. Wilson to rotate with Salah on the right and as above we still need that Mane rotation, ideally someone who can play instead of Firmino as well!

Options? Brandt, Lozano, Bergwjin, Werner, Jovic I think must be on our list for the summer.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Heard a few whispers after a poor run in January we are looking to sell @nobluff and the mods see the young lad @SirBillShankly as being ready to step up and lead us to glory and winning no.19 will be gutted if we sell bluffer as he's been a solid pro and steadying influence for the young kids coming through.

Or maybe I'm just full of shit and talking out of my arse, who really knows? lol

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Heard a few whispers after a poor run in January we are looking to sell @nobluff and the mods see the young lad @SirBillShankly as being ready to step up and lead us to glory and winning no.19 will be gutted if we sell bluffer as he's been a solid pro and steadying influence for the young kids coming through.

Or maybe I'm just full of shit and talking out of my arse, who really knows? lol
The gaffer says nobluff is going to be a squad member going forward and that he needs me for my creativity and will to win. I will do my very best to lead us to glory.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

A little bit from column a, a little bit from column b

redfanman

TIA Regular
Lozano ticks every box for me, mainly because he has a never say die attitude! That’s exactly the type we need.

Shaqiri whilst started well as been pretty pants for a little while now. His passing last night was garbage sadly.

I personally think Wilson has forced Klopp’s hand unless we get a big bid for him in the summer, or Derby get promoted. He has to play him or risk showing youth doesn’t have a route if you play well etc. Wilson to rotate with Salah on the right and as above we still need that Mane rotation, ideally someone who can play instead of Firmino as well!

Options? Brandt, Lozano, Bergwjin, Werner, Jovic I think must be on our list for the summer.
I think with all the talk of youngsters taking up the support roles next season, perhaps our signings should be ones with some proven track record.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"

Knee jerk reaction to have benched @nobluff. I am not too pleased about it.... :unhappy:

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Have not checked your stats, and followed your career closed enough to rate you..... :J

i youtubed him and theres some lovely moments, albeit in a lesser league, hes young, hes fit...i reckon give him a go, if you cant give him a shot vs Bournmouth then whats the point of running a squad.

no bluff has been a great servant, but if we rotate him in and out he may last more than his current contract.

its a risk, but worth taking in my mind.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
no bluff has been a great servant, but if we rotate him in and out he may last more than his current contract.

its a risk, but worth taking in my mind.
You know me and my concerns, we will have to see if he could strike a great partnership with @Lowton_Red like how @nobluff did over the whole month of December.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin

redfanman

TIA Regular
Would be a cracking signing. However if I was advising him, I’d be telling him that regular football is more important and to stay put.
What sort of midfielder is he? I would think he could get regular football at Spurs. They have a small squad, with several players probably set to leave this summer and among the ones who stay there may be those that have difficulty staying fit. If he is good enough we might be able to offer it as well.

Dave-D

Would be a cracking signing. However if I was advising him, I’d be telling him that regular football is more important and to stay put.
Don’t see regular playing time being a problem at Liverpool. I dont expect Klopp to keep both Lovren and Matip due to their injury records so there would be an opening at CB especially if Gomez is still seen as the main RB rotational option. Milner could well go if Leeds come up and Henderson doesn’t have a great injury record either. Grujic I dont rate as highly as Rice so he’d probably be off as well.
He’d get more than enough game time whilst playing not only under Klopp but also in Europe. Spurs can offer Europe but will Poch still be there next season, it seems doubtful

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
What sort of midfielder is he? I would think he could get regular football at Spurs. They have a small squad, with several players probably set to leave this summer and among the ones who stay there may be those that have difficulty staying fit. If he is good enough we might be able to offer it as well.
He's like Eric Dier, but not shite.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez

Dave-D

I think if either of us really wanted him we would have told him stay put don't sign a new contract and sign for us in 18 months.
What’s not to say that wasn’t said to him but he felt that having came through the ranks at West Ham he wanted to give something back. An agreement could well be in place where a top six team offer X amount and he can go.

The fact he can play CB and midfield would allow one of Matip or Lovren to be sold and said Grujic. The price of those two would would offset most of the Rice fee.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
I really don't think we should be going after Declan Rice. We have Fabinho and Henderson. Both are similar players, we would be much better off with a cm with a better passing range and the vision of Alonso , namely Ruben Neves.

Express reporting that we are lining up a move for Leeds winger Jack Clarke in the Summer.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
What’s not to say that wasn’t said to him but he felt that having came through the ranks at West Ham he wanted to give something back. An agreement could well be in place where a top six team offer X amount and he can go.

The fact he can play CB and midfield would allow one of Matip or Lovren to be sold and said Grujic. The price of those two would would offset most of the Rice fee.
I think it’s a tough one for him, and I don’t think we’re in a position to make him a compelling offer. Especially if he sees his future in midfield.

I don’t think we’re really going to be looking for a midfielder, especially a deeper one like Rice. We have Fabinho, Henderson, Keita, Wijnaldum, Milner and Grujic. Even if Grujic and Milner leave, that’s four for two positions, and you can also throw Trent in there (which may be his and the clubs long term intention, even its seemingly not up for discussion here).

At Centre Back he’d get more chances, but would still be behind Gomez and Van Dijk, who will probably be rotated less than other positions. That’s if he sees himself in that role. My understanding is that he has flourished after transitioning into midfield.

If I was advising Rice I’d be telling him not to consider offers that don’t come with a good chance of 25-30 games a season. Spurs could probably offer this, with Dier being shit and Dembele moving to China. But all things being equal, I think his interests would be best served staying where he is for a couple of seasons.

Nikola

Potless.
Admin
I really don't think we should be going after Declan Rice. We have Fabinho and Henderson. Both are similar players, we would be much better off with a cm with a better passing range and the vision of Alonso , namely Ruben Neves.
Daily Express is the source, which says everything you need to know about the credibility of the link. Besides, Rice has just signed a long term contract with West Ham. He'll be a very good player and his career is probably best served staying where he is for the next few years, as long as West Ham board members put their trust in Pellegrini.

Red over the water

TAA might end up as a midfielder and Camacho or Hoever might take the right back spot in time, or even someone else. But at the moment TAA is the best right back at the club, he’s young, he’s doing well there, it’s an important position in our expansive style, he has the stamina to get up and down, he usually puts a good ball in, etc.

He’s a good footballer and he might do well in midfield, but what I know is he is definitely doing well at right back and I’m not in any hurry to see that change. But it’s a decent shout and will be an interesting one to watch as his career unfolds.

I think it was Caradoc who made a shout for Wan Bissaka and Rice a while ago, and I made a stupid joke about it sounding like a chippy meal! But they do look like good young players and neither would look out of place here.