The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Libero

Just looking at the twitter thread and I know the link has come up a few times, but I would love to get Insigne... I just don't think he will ever leave Napoli though.

dockers_strike

Im waiting on a live You Tube stream from a lad called Craig in Wexford, Ireland that Juve are preparing a £197m bid for Mo. I think it's utter BS. Live stream just starting. Apparently the rumour originates from Russia Today! In other words, bullshit.

Last edited:

sms1986

Im waiting on a live You Tube stream from a lad called Craig in Wexford, Ireland that Juve are preparing a £197m bid for Mo. I think it's utter BS. Live stream just starting. Apparently the rumour originates from Russia Today! In other words, bullshit.
Yeah, I’ve heard that one, it’s just lazy story writing - top player to make massive move from one big club to another.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Sounds like the Icardi situation is deteriorating quickly at Inter. Stripped of his captaincy and not travelling to face Rapid Vienna.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Permission to start losing my shit...???
It is a little surprising to see this kind of drama around contract discussions given he is under contract to June 2021. This is January before his last year stuff

Limiescouse

It is a little surprising to see this kind of drama around contract discussions given he is under contract to June 2021. This is January before his last year stuff
I dont know that it's contract issues per se. The timing of their decision to strip him of the captaincy coincides with Wanda going off on one criticizing the rest of the players. A wife/father/mother/brother publicly making comments like that is difficult to deal with at any time. When the player in question is the captain it basically robs him of the authority to lead the players who are being criticised. She is his agent so there is a certain blending of the issues, but I think the issue is still the impact the comments have on his ability to effectively lead rather than a contract position that led to this. His decision to then refuse to travel for the EL game just pours petrol on it.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I dont know that it's contract issues per se. The timing of their decision to strip him of the captaincy coincides with Wanda going off on one criticizing the rest of the players. A wife/father/mother/brother publicly making comments like that is difficult to deal with at any time. When the player in question is the captain it basically robs him of the authority to lead the players who are being criticised. She is his agent so there is a certain blending of the issues, but I think the issue is still the impact the comments have on his ability to effectively lead rather than a contract position that led to this. His decision to then refuse to travel for the EL game just pours petrol on it.
Having a family member as your agent has a real danger to it. This just escalated into crisis, and it is hard to know why. I agree that Inter did not strip him of the captaincy for the negotiations per se, but it does look like this relationship is completely collapsing.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Mate, @Zinedine Biscan any idea what these guys are talking about?
Isn’t he the lad who was taken in and housed by a team mate when he arrived in Italy, only to steal his wife. Said wife who now operates as his agent and is renoun for being a bit of a nightmare? The lad who got fined by his own club for stuff he said in autobiography? Loathed by his country because of his marriage?

I think there isn’t a cat in hells chance we go anywhere near this one. I know you rate the lad, but there is definitely baggage around this one.

Mascot88

Admin
If anyone wants to know what kind of mad batshit we’d be dealing with have a look at anything that has come out of Wanda Icardi’s mouth over the last few years.

I don’t care if he’s Messi. Swerve all day long.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Isn’t he the lad who was taken in and housed by a team mate when he arrived in Italy, only to steal his wife. Said wife who now operates as his agent and is renoun for being a bit of a nightmare? The lad who got fined by his own club for stuff he said in autobiography? Loathed by his country because of his marriage?

I think there isn’t a cat in hells chance we go anywhere near this one. I know you rate the lad, but there is definitely baggage around this one.
To be fair, when Nara and Lopez divorced, she was able to prove more and earlier infidelity on his part.

But yea, batshit nuts, even by Argentinian WAG standards, which is saying something.

Apparently, in Argentinian slang now, there is a verb 'icardiar' - to steal a woman from a friend
(edit: http://www.diccionarioargentino.com/term/Icardiar - damn that is funny)

Last edited:

Mascot88

Admin
To be fair, when Nara and Lopez divorced, she was able to prove more and earlier infidelity on his part.

But yea, batshit nuts, even by Argentinian WAG standards, which is saying something.

Apparently, in Argentinian slang now, there is a verb 'icardiar' - to steal a woman from a friend
(edit: http://www.diccionarioargentino.com/term/Icardiar - damn that is funny)
She went with he husband to a game in South America, and took to social media to express disappointment at the hostile reaction, claiming that the supporters should be grateful they attended as she had been forced to celebrate her birthday earlier due to attending the game, this had created bad luck and risked her life.

Might have got some of the details wrong, but it’s in that ballpark.

Dane

NEXT!
Would be a cracking signing. However if I was advising him, I’d be telling him that regular football is more important and to stay put.
Regardless of availability, I'd be inclined to wait and see that the usual media and fan overhype doesn't see him ending up being the next Scott Parker

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
So Juventus wants the bloke that's torn the Premier League apart last season (and still does bloody well this season, as long as he's being played in position on the wing, as opposed to being shoehorned into the middle as a striker) and is offering the lad that's quite good, but is being shuffled about to accommodate Ronaldo, and has something like four goals so far this season?

I wouldn't say no to Dybala coming in as part of the squad, but not for Mo an however many funny leftover corrupt lira they might have under the mattress.

Limiescouse

How about we keep Salah and get Dybala if Juventus are willing to part with him.
I think it is more likely than not that Dybala leaves Juve before the start of next season. As much as they continue to say they like him he has yet to really find a consistent role, and the one that is his most obvious fit they just bought Ramsay for (I get they ostensibly play different positions, but they would occupy the same areas and be trying to do the same things), with Partici commenting on their current lack of a player who brings the things that Ramsay does.

Joe Gomez x

Definitely do not want Icardi, quality player in all fairness but with his personality he could cause issues in the side which Jurgen isn’t understandably fond of (Sakho for example)