The Unreliable Rumours Thread

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
We've got a good thing going between the players and fans currently, bit of a virtuous circle with both sides feeding off the others' positive energy. I see Icardi as the sort of personality that could upset that balance.

Flip that on its head....he might LOVEa fan base that fights for its self, supports its players and sees the GOOD in people.

He might just perfectly dovetail with our type of culture.

Y’know, all the soul of anfield and it’s matchday supporters....

So long as he keeps away from the forums after a draw......

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Well, if he signs for that lot he's obviously a shithouse who I've always felt was overrated. :-)
Exactly that.

Maybe the time has come for you to move on and to re-direct your love and affection to our future no 9 AKA Rhian Brewster :well done:

Maria

You know our Brazilian lad Allan who has been out on loan for goodness how long. Will we ever see him in a Liverpool shirt on the pitch?
I don't understand why it is taking so long for him to join the first team squad. I know he had work visa issues but surely he has reached the criteria by now.

Anfield rd Dreamer

You know our Brazilian lad Allan who has been out on loan for goodness how long. Will we ever see him in a Liverpool shirt on the pitch?
I don't understand why it is taking so long for him to join the first team squad. I know he had work visa issues but surely he has reached the criteria by now.
I think people got over enthusiastic based on one throw away comment by Klopp. He's done the sum total of fuck all whilst on these loans and not been used enough by these sides to get a permit. Doubt we will ever see him play for us or at a decent level for anyone else.

Kopstar

★★★★★
I think people got over enthusiastic based on one throw away comment by Klopp. He's done the sum total of fuck all whilst on these loans and not been used enough by these sides to get a permit. Doubt we will ever see him play for us or at a decent level for anyone else.
He's not even gone to a high enough league to have really had a prayer of becoming eligible for a work permit. You'd have to think it's really weird unless, of course, he's actually not that good after all.

redfanman

TIA Regular
He's not even gone to a high enough league to have really had a prayer of becoming eligible for a work permit. You'd have to think it's really weird unless, of course, he's actually not that good after all.
Wasnt he playing in Germany?

RedBaron

Curse you RedBaron!!!!
Looking at our bench, I’d pay for a ticket (Economy of course) to either Dybala or Icardi , now, by PayPal.....

Red over the water

PS - apologies for my (since deleted) post, as I didn’t realize the origin of the story was The S*n. I’ll try to be more careful in future, and fully respect and support the cause.

On a personal note, my two brothers were at Hillsborough. One was a season ticket holder and he was in the Leppings Lane end. He goes to the memorial service every year but has not been to a game since. What he saw messed him up. I’m thankful I had two brothers come home that day when so many did not return.

JFT96
YNWA

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Flip that on its head....he might LOVEa fan base that fights for its self, supports its players and sees the GOOD in people.

He might just perfectly dovetail with our type of culture.

Y’know, all the soul of anfield and it’s matchday supporters....

So long as he keeps away from the forums after a draw......
And he keeps his missus/agent away. She’s bonkers.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Sadly he hasn't reached the criteria as each loan has been in a different country, so he has not had enough time in 1 country to establish a claim for citisenship. And looking at reports, he doesn't seem to have kicked on as much as we hoped he would have.

By going back to Brazil on loan, I think you'll see us either sell him or release him at the end of the season as it seems even in the lesser leagues around Europe it appears that he is deemed not good enough

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
We've been (tentatively) linked to Bruno Fernandes of Sporting, although by all accounts Man United are leading the way for him.

Fairly intriguing though as from midfield he's scored 23 goals and got 13 assists in 41 appearances, and we could certainly use a goal threat in that part of the pitch.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
€100m for Fernandes? No way. Half of that at most, really?

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Come on mate. Get with it. We should just book half the fee as the official cost, and funnel the rest through various shell companies for non-specific consultancy services.

It’s what all the best clubs are doing.
That way we gain how?

big noyd

guy on twitter retweeted his own earlier allusion to jonathan tah

under contract until 2023, seems to have the turning radius of a tractor trailer, not buying it

Nikola

Potless.
Admin

De Ligt anyone? As much as I love Gomez, id love to see this guy partner big Virg.
I doubt it. Don't get me wrong, he's a quality talent and I'd love it if he was a Liverpool player, I think he can be one of the best ball-playing centre backs in the world relatively soon but so could Hoever and he's only two years younger and should be getting his chance in two seasons' time, once both Matip and Lovren have left. Also, Klopp loves Gomez so much, even though he's quite injury prone (reaching Agger levels very fast) - would he pay 50-60 million pounds for a youngster who would be the third choice and who will leave Ajax only for a big club where he would play regularly?

AussieLad

TIA Regular
I doubt it. Don't get me wrong, he's a quality talent and I'd love it if he was a Liverpool player, I think he can be one of the best ball-playing centre backs in the world relatively soon but so could Hoever and he's only two years younger and should be getting his chance in two seasons' time, once both Matip and Lovren have left. Also, Klopp loves Gomez so much, even though he's quite injury prone (reaching Agger levels very fast) - would he pay 50-60 million pounds for a youngster who would be the third choice and who will leave Ajax only for a big club where he would play regularly?
Didn't he also sign a pre-agreement with Barca? Or am I getting him mixed up with someone else?