The Unreliable Rumours Thread

redfanman

TIA Regular
The problem as I understand it is he hasn't got enough points to get a UK visa so keeps going out on loan in the hope of getting citizenship in Europe but none of his loan deals have been for long enough to be eligible
I dont think its the length of contract that has been the problem - playing time and the status of the league is (ie playing top league german football is more impressive to the people making visa decisions/ earns more points than playing in Greece.)

Red over the water

Cheers for the news. Hopefully they bin Ramos. He believes his own hype and is a nasty piece of work that one. Had a pop at the owner recently too. Sack him, or stick him on the bench and play Varane and Militao at the back.

Zidane to then sweep a broom through the whole, aging side, and if he can get them back to league champions and CL winners quite quickly, then in many ways it will be a better achievement than all that success when they were at their peak with Ronaldo.

Anyhow, we've got Joe Gomez and he's better than Militao.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Cheers for the news. Hopefully they bin Ramos. He believes his own hype and is a nasty piece of work that one. Had a pop at the owner recently too. Sack him, or stick him on the bench and play Varane and Militao at the back.

Zidane to then sweep a broom through the whole, aging side, and if he can get them back to league champions and CL winners quite quickly, then in many ways it will be a better achievement than all that success when they were at their peak with Ronaldo.

Anyhow, we've got Joe Gomez and he's better than Militao.

I hope everything he does goes completely wrong and they crash and burn and never get near winning the CL again ,same goes for that other cess pit Spanish club too.

Red over the water

I hope everything he does goes completely wrong and they crash and burn and never get near winning the CL again ,same goes for that other cess pit Spanish club too.
If they do crash and burn then Zidane will not quite be the Messiah! With all the success he had in such a short span of time, I still had a "yes, but..." sort of attitude, as everything was in place for him.

Can he build something? We're about to find out, as that team needs to be dismantled and another built up.

As a Liverpool fan I couldn't care less about Real Madrid though - I'm with you there!

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
One player Real are being linked with has been photographed wearing a Liverpool shirt. Might be a few questions asked if this goes through ....
Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane wants to sign France and Lyon forward Nabil Fekir, 25, in the summer. (Daily Record)

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
Can any of them play goalkeeper?

'Cos the ginger on the books sure can't!
Nor can the blond Karius - his appearance in the CL final is probably the worst ever by a professional goalkeeper. And arphexhad was shite too. So no red heads, blondes, or dark haired keepers hey?

Can you perhaps see what an unhelpful comment you made red?

Red over the water

Nor can the blond Karius - his appearance in the CL final is probably the worst ever by a professional goalkeeper. And arphexhad was shite too. So no red heads, blondes, or dark haired keepers hey?

Can you perhaps see what an unhelpful comment you made red?
Apologies if any offense was caused by my jibe at Bogdan’s expense.

Obviously the colour of a person’s hair is neither here nor there.

I would never be mean to someone, and if the humor didn’t translate on a football forum, apologies for any offense caused. The chap with the beautiful red headed grandchildren/great grandchildren should be very proud of them.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
I dont think its the length of contract that has been the problem - playing time and the status of the league is (ie playing top league german football is more impressive to the people making visa decisions/ earns more points than playing in Greece.)
What I was saying is that if we had kept him going to 1 country for loans each season, he would have racked up enough time to have applied for citizenship they by giving him an EU passport and not then needing a visa to play in UK.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Apologies if any offense was caused by my jibe at Bogdan’s expense.

Obviously the colour of a person’s hair is neither here nor there.

I would never be mean to someone, and if the humor didn’t translate on a football forum, apologies for any offense caused. The chap with the beautiful red headed grandchildren/great grandchildren should be very proud of them.
:-) I was winding you up mate. I took no offence but I do have a beautiful red headed grand daughter and she has two georgeous red headed ankle biters.

redfanman

TIA Regular
What I was saying is that if we had kept him going to 1 country for loans each season, he would have racked up enough time to have applied for citizenship they by giving him an EU passport and not then needing a visa to play in UK.
Well, apart from Brexit, I don't see how that works- is he good enough after 5 years in a smaller league to then come back to UK? Sounds like too much hassle.

How certain are we he would qualify for the passport - he would be living in a given country for less than a year every year for the 5 year period.

Limiescouse

Well, apart from Brexit, I don't see how that works- is he good enough after 5 years in a smaller league to then come back to UK? Sounds like too much hassle.

How certain are we he would qualify for the passport - he would be living in a given country for less than a year every year for the 5 year period.
Naturalization was never the goal of the loans. The goal was to earn enough points to qualify for his work permit.

AussieLad

TIA Regular

But when we first signed him, Brexit wasn't even an idea, so had he gone straight on loan to a club and stayed within that countries league system, even had he still missed out on the points needed, he would have had as a fall back the option to go for citizenship based purely on time in the country, then by having EU citizenship he could have come back to UK without any issue where he could have then been loaned to Championship or lower Premier League teams to give us a better idea of his level.

Naturalization was never the goal of the loans. The goal was to earn enough points to qualify for his work permit.
The main goal may not have been but you always need to have a back up in case Plan A goes to shit

Anfield rd Dreamer

But when we first signed him, Brexit wasn't even an idea, so had he gone straight on loan to a club and stayed within that countries league system, even had he still missed out on the points needed, he would have had as a fall back the option to go for citizenship based purely on time in the country, then by having EU citizenship he could have come back to UK without any issue where he could have then been loaned to Championship or lower Premier League teams to give us a better idea of his level.

The main goal may not have been but you always need to have a back up in case Plan A goes to shit
If anyone had thought he wouldn't be good enough for a work permit after 4 years I seriously doubt we'd have ever bought him.

Nikola

Potless.
Admin

redfanman

TIA Regular
http://sportwitness.co.uk/real-madrids-zidane-still-keen-liverpool-forward-came-close-signing-last-summer/

France Football again linking Mane to Real Madrid. Kind of expected, though, but I wonder if there's any truth in this given that Zidane most likely wants Hazard and Mbappe and already has loads of excellent players at his disposal.
Hopefully just linking him because he is flavour of the month - and if it helps them get Hazard a little bit cheaper, then great. Where does that young Brazilian lad Real Madrid have play? Is it on one of the flanks?

Limiescouse

It was interesting that his first game back he brought both Asensio and Isco back in and both produced. They were both players who looked liked they'd played their last game for Real, but as players ZZ has previously championed they could be on a 2 month audition, the results of which may significantly impact who they go after.

Limiescouse

Hopefully just linking him because he is flavour of the month - and if it helps them get Hazard a little bit cheaper, then great. Where does that young Brazilian lad Real Madrid have play? Is it on one of the flanks?
LW, but his form has been patchy. He looks dangerous as hell, but has produced little so far. A cynical person might argue his performances have been so well received less for how good they have been and more because he's given it the uumph that so few of the senior players have. I think he has a long way to go to really cement himself there. He's also done his ankle ligaments and so may not play again this season.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
It was interesting that his first game back he brought both Asensio and Isco back in and both produced. They were both players who looked liked they'd played their last game for Real, but as players ZZ has previously championed they could be on a 2 month audition, the results of which may significantly impact who they go after.
You’d think their priority was Hazard, with Eriksen as back up and then a striker no? Mane seems an odd choice, would also cost £150mil!

MW2833

LW, but his form has been patchy. He looks dangerous as hell, but has produced little so far. A cynical person might argue his performances have been so well received less for how good they have been and more because he's given it the uumph that so few of the senior players have. I think he has a long way to go to really cement himself there. He's also done his ankle ligaments and so may not play again this season.
Yeah, from what I've seen of him, his build-up play is good and he has the potential to be one of the world's best if he improves upon his finishing. Maybe Klopp could be the one to fix that?

Anfield rd Dreamer

Think Zidane will want Asensio and Isco as 2 of the 3 in the 4231. I can understand the links to Mane as an option on their right. But don't think we'd sell him or he'd push for a move either.

Nikola

Potless.
Admin
So far, he's been playing on the left and I thought he was their brightest spark prior to Zidane's return. I think Zidane will buy two or three megastars but I also think he'll give chance to Real Madrid's best players and they have these in abudance. I don't think he'll be going for Mane, especially if the gets Hazard and Mbappe. That said, there will be a glaring hole on their right flank once Bale leaves (presumed he sticks with 4-3-3)...

Red Submarine

Believer
Think Zidane will want Asensio and Isco as 2 of the 3 in the 4231. I can understand the links to Mane as an option on their right. But don't think we'd sell him or he'd push for a move either.
If he wanted to leave and we could trouser £150 million I'd be OK with that I think. Well, not OK exactly, but that sort of money would go a long way in Klopp's hands.

Limiescouse

If he wanted to leave and we could trouser £150 million I'd be OK with that I think. Well, not OK exactly, but that sort of money would go a long way in Klopp's hands.
It's also conceivable that we spend it on two players in two massive money deals and neither comes anywhere near close to replicating Mane's form. I think the guy is perfect for us in every way.

Red Submarine

Believer
It's also conceivable that we spend it on two players in two massive money deals and neither comes anywhere near close to replicating Mane's form. I think the guy is perfect for us in every way.
Yeah I agree with that. I just look at use of the Coutinho money, and how Jurgen held Fab back for so long etc, and I would trust him to sort it. I don't want to see Mane go anywhere, but if he did it wouldn't be because we've gone back to being a selling club. It would be because the manager has a vision for us.