The Unreliable Rumours Thread

FGred

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
The best of the best will always be linked with Real Madrid and Barcelona. The fact we have several players who are linked just proves how incredible good our team is. I take it as a compliment. They're not getting any of our players anyways. We're in a good position right now, we're competing for trophies every season, we're financial secure and we got klopp.

sms1986

The best of the best will always be linked with Real Madrid and Barcelona. The fact we have several players who are linked just proves how incredible good our team is. I take it as a compliment. They're not getting any of our players anyways. We're in a good position right now, we're competing for trophies every season, we're financial secure and we got Klopp.
Exactly, we're growing and will become more and more attractive to not only new players, but our current ones too. Mane won't be leaving any time soon.

Red over the water

Mane is under a long contract, is paid very well, and we are challenging for the title and going strong at the sharp end of the CL. He also has a clear role in the team and is making a valuable sporting contribution to the team we are becoming. I also don’t underestimate the value of a player being settled. We’ve seen stories of Sadio volunteering down at his local Mosque and that sort of stuff is invaluable.

So, there are lots of reasons why he should stay. However...

IF the player wants to go, I would imagine we will allow it. Klopp has form for wanting the group to all be together, pulling in the same direction. If a player wants out it’s only a matter of timing, as it needs to be sorted to suit all parties. In this instance, we are as well protected as we can be, both in our own burgeoning status, and in a settled player doing well in a successful team. But still, there are conceivably 3-4 teams in world football that still might attract the eye of our players, and Real Madrid are definitely one of them.

There might be something in this, but in order for it to happen the player will really need to make it happen, and Mane seems a quiet sort to me. But you never know, it’s football!

If he did go it will be for a lot of money, and on the recruitment side I would expect us to do well. Arguably we could sell Mane and buy Werner and Brandt (one year left in summer for Werner, plus a rumored release clause for Brandt) plus Bergwijn to play on the wing.

Mane is doing well and is a great fit, so I absolutely want him to stay. But we are at a stage where we won’t be bullied, and if we accept a deal, I would expect we will still come out smelling of roses.

Conclusion: I’m chilled!

FGred

I can't take it has a compliment as the two snide Spanish teams are just so fucking despicable,the way they behave is extremely annoying.
I agree we are equally as big as these two spanish clubs with an equally as big a fan base worldwide as them, I get dead offended when they can just decide they can cherry pick top players in our squad, it is very arrogant of them to use very snide tactics to try and influence the player or his agent. I agree with SMS post that we are now very attractive to top players in the world but I certainly don’t think that the club take it as compliment.

MW2833

I agree we are bigger than these two spanish clubs with a bigger fan base worldwide, I get dead offended when they can just decide they can cherry pick top players in our squad, it is very arrogant of them to use very snide tactics to try and influence the player or his agent. I agree with SMS post that we are now very attractive to top players in the world but I certainly don’t think that the club take it as compliment.
FIFY:well done:

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

I know Tuttomercato is an unwanted and very unreliable source, but on the BBC rumours page there's a claim from said publication that we "could be ready to agree a deal to sign Dybala in a matter of weeks".
Well, let's wait and see.
Be a hell of signing but I doubt but then we do have Michael Edwards who has proven a miracle work numerous times already, an attacking line up of Bobby, Mo, Sadio, OX and Dybala does make one drool like Homer Simpson does with Donuts

Anfield rd Dreamer

Like with Sessegnon this summer would be the best time to sign Dybala.

He's older and more established than the younger kid but in both cases their reputation and standing in the game has probably gone down a bit through no fault of their own. There's not been a decrease in their ability just both in difficult (and different) situations at their clubs.

Both would actually Probably be available to us this summer when maybe we wouldn't have been able to bring them here last summer.

As a pair of signings they'd solve most of the issues we will have with the squad next summer.

Lynch04

Smeg Head
The Dybala thing just smells of an agent trying to drum up interest in his player. Add Liverpool as in ‘interested’ club to let all other clubs know he is available
I agree.

I also personally would prefer Insigne.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Hehehehe....
Football transfer rumours: Mané out, Varane in at Liverpool?

International break on full swing now. Why do we need another centre half, when we already have 4 very capable ones? Do the paper even follow the league to realise we have the best defensive record in the league. And then you have this from another site....

Euro Paper Talk: Liverpool offered Real Madrid rock in first Mane approach
Now, reports in the Spanish media (as per The Guardian) suggest that Real have rekindled their interest in Mane with Zinedine Zidane’s return to the club as manager.

They view the Senegal international as a ‘cheaper option’ than Chelsea star Eden Hazard or Spurs playmaker Christian Eriksen.
The latter two only have a year left in their contract and they actually think we are going to sell our in form, peaking, forward for a defender we don't need? Them lazy sons of bitches....

Sweeting

Hehehehe....
Football transfer rumours: Mané out, Varane in at Liverpool?

International break on full swing now. Why do we need another centre half, when we already have 4 very capable ones? Do the paper even follow the league to realise we have the best defensive record in the league. And then you have this from another site....

Euro Paper Talk: Liverpool offered Real Madrid rock in first Mane approach

The latter two only have a year left in their contract and they actually think we are going to sell our in form, peaking, forward for a defender we don't need? Them lazy sons of bitches....
There is no way any clubs sees us as a soft touch in the transfer market anymore and thinks we would be willing to sell any first team player on the cheap. "Lazy journalism" as they say.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
From the Beeb's Gossip page ...
Lazio are close to a pre-contract agreement with 26-year-old Spanish full-back Alberto Moreno who will leave Liverpool this summer after five seasons at Anfield. (Independent)

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
Coutinho linked with utd now I see. how you guys feel about that?
Personally I'm a bit disgusted by it. would he really go there?!

redfanman

TIA Regular
Coutinho linked with utd now I see. how you guys feel about that?
Personally I'm a bit disgusted by it. would he really go there?!
Depends how desperate he is to get out. Not sure how he would fit if Pogba is still there. Presumably Martial and Lingard are first choice on flank and so would be surprised to see Couts and Pogba In midfield together, where I think Coutinho also sees himself playing (although if he isn't staying at Barca maybe he will be happy to play in a more advanced role and could take Lingard place?)

Dave-D

Depends how desperate he is to get out. Not sure how he would fit if Pogba is still there. Presumably Martial and Lingard are first choice on flank and so would be surprised to see Couts and Pogba In midfield together, where I think Coutinho also sees himself playing (although if he isn't staying at Barca maybe he will be happy to play in a more advanced role and could take Lingard place?)
Pogba has started flirting with Real Madrid, saying how playing for Real under Zidane would be a dream come true. So Coutinho could be his replacement but I don’t think Chelsea would give Utd a free run at him if Hazard goes.