The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Pogba has started flirting with Real Madrid, saying how playing for Real under Zidane would be a dream come true. So Coutinho could be his replacement but I don’t think Chelsea would give Utd a free run at him if Hazard goes.
You could easily imagine him being their prime type of target.. French (ZZ link), self appointed global superstar, ageing midfield needing an overhaul.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Pogba has started flirting with Real Madrid, saying how playing for Real under Zidane would be a dream come true. So Coutinho could be his replacement but I don’t think Chelsea would give Utd a free run at him if Hazard goes.
All Chelsea could do is to twiddle their thumbs and watch. There is absolutely nothing they could do with any movement other than their players.

Dave-D

All Chelsea could do is to twiddle their thumbs and watch. There is absolutely nothing they could do with any movement other than their players.
Wouldn’t be surprised if some back handers and brown envelopes starting making the rounds and Chelsea get a freeze on the ban until after the summer window.

Will be great if they don’t get a freeze on the ban tho.

FGred

Coutinho linked with utd now I see. how you guys feel about that?
Personally I'm a bit disgusted by it. would he really go there?!
Somebody should have a word with him maybe his mate Bobby or maybe Michael Owen?

Kopstar

★★★★★
Wouldn’t be surprised if some back handers and brown envelopes starting making the rounds and Chelsea get a freeze on the ban until after the summer window.

Will be great if they don’t get a freeze on the ban tho.
It won't need to be dodgy, just an appeal to CAS would do it. Still, any disruption to their transfer planning is welcome.

Dave-D

It won't need to be dodgy, just an appeal to CAS would do it. Still, any disruption to their transfer planning is welcome.
Haven’t looked into the situation but they’ve already had an attempt to have the ban frozen rejected.

Kopstar

★★★★★
Haven’t looked into the situation but they’ve already had an attempt to have the ban frozen rejected.
Yes, by FIFA as they go through the internal FIFA appeal process. But if CFC then appeal to CAS, CAS will definitely suspend the sanction unless they would hear that referral before the summer transfer window, which I don't think they'll be able to because there's not enough time.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Lazio about to secure a deal with Moreno and we still leave his thread locked? Maybe a change of thread title too to Lazio instead of Napoli. Finally found a place for himself.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
I am not attempting to be the harbinger of doom......
Reading a lot of posts saying why Mane isnt hoing to Madrid etc brings me back to.....

Owen is going nowhere, unless they give us player X. He did and we got Nunez.
Suarez is going nowhere
Alonso is going nowhere unless we get Player Y, he went and we got Aquilani.
Coutinho is going nowhere etc etc.
However, I am chilled about all this. Footballers move for different reasons, and unless we know them personally we cannot second guess their motives, or their agents hand in their dealings.
I think a couple of factors could be at play now.
First is whether or not Klopp really wants you. If you flirt with going, like Coutinho, my guess is the boss will let you off. No point in keeping a disgruntled player.
Second, and the optimistic part of me (it is in there somewhere) believes we are on the cusp of great things. Stay at Liverpool, be a star or go like Coutinho? No choice in my view.
Mane is staying. I am covering my head with sand until the next window closes....

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
We really are in a completely different position now though to when all those left. Coutinho was the one that could see how close we were and where we were going but wanted it for different reasons. We're now the destination for top players not a stepping stone. In Mane's case the Spanish clubs don't seem to be the draw to the African lads as they are to the South American's, you always see pictures of the likes of him and Keita as kids with Premier League jerseys , it's really the pinnacle from them.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
On coutinho to the prem: do we have a sell on fee with Barca? Could be a handy chunk of coin

redfanman

TIA Regular
I'd guess those add-ons were also safe guarded in the case of him being sold early.
Thats what i'm hoping - i did wonder at the time of the move whether we had included something to cover an early move because i wouldnt put it past Barca to negotiate a high add on deal and then look to move the player on early to get a more preferable target.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Thats what i'm hoping - i did wonder at the time of the move whether we had included something to cover an early move because i wouldnt put it past Barca to negotiate a high add on deal and then look to move the player on early to get a more preferable target.

Yeah it leaves too much room for dodgy deals if clubs didn't safeguard against it. Michael Edwards seems far to savy for that anyway.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I am not attempting to be the harbinger of doom......
Reading a lot of posts saying why Mane isnt hoing to Madrid etc brings me back to.....

Owen is going nowhere, unless they give us player X. He did and we got Nunez.
Suarez is going nowhere
Alonso is going nowhere unless we get Player Y, he went and we got Aquilani.
Coutinho is going nowhere etc etc.
However, I am chilled about all this. Footballers move for different reasons, and unless we know them personally we cannot second guess their motives, or their agents hand in their dealings.
I think a couple of factors could be at play now.
First is whether or not Klopp really wants you. If you flirt with going, like Coutinho, my guess is the boss will let you off. No point in keeping a disgruntled player.
Second, and the optimistic part of me (it is in there somewhere) believes we are on the cusp of great things. Stay at Liverpool, be a star or go like Coutinho? No choice in my view.
Mane is staying. I am covering my head with sand until the next window closes....
Very different circumstances. Owen had one more year to go in his contract and refused to sign a new one. If we don’t let him fuck off, he’ll be gone for free the following summer. We’ve also secured Cisse to take his spot. Mane on the other hand, had just signed his extension. We can refused to take part exchange and asked Madrid to pay up them £100plus million. If they have them and Mane wants to go, he will. But not due to the similar thing we are going through with Owen.

Kopstar

★★★★★
Dont know but the £145m was heaviily add on based so it's unlikely we see much more of that if there isnt.
£142m, of which £36m are add-ons.

By the end of this season we'll already be due £22.5m of that additional £36m (assuming Coutinho plays at least 12 of their remaining games). £27m of £36m if Barca also win the CL.

Some of the add-ons may become payable in full upon onward transfer if they haven't already been triggered but I doubt they all would. Still, most of them will have been triggered already anyway.

Limiescouse

£142m, of which £36m are add-ons.

By the end of this season we'll already be due £22.5m of that additional £36m (assuming Coutinho plays at least 12 of their remaining games).
That is interesting. I wonder if the amount he plays will be an indication of what they intend to do with him next year?

They're only guaranteed 13 more games, and at a max will have 16. Given his status in the team, it's not unreasonable to think he might not make enough appearances in those games to trigger the clause this season. IF they have decided to move him on in the summer, it would surely make no sense to play him down the stretch. They are likely to have wrapped up the league pretty soon, so who are you going to play after that? A youth product you are actively trying to incorporate like Alena, or a high cost bust that will cost you 20 million quid if he gets on the pitch?

Last edited:

Kopstar

★★★★★
That is interesting. I wonder if the amount he plays will be an indication of what they intend to do with him next year?

They're only guaranteed 13 more games, and at a max will have 16. Given his status in the team, it's not unreasonable to think he might not make enough appearances in those games to trigger the clause this season. IF they have decided to move him on in the summer, it would surely make no sense to play him down the stretch. They are likely to have wrapped up the league pretty soon, so who are you going to play after that? A youth product you are actively trying to incorporate like Alena, or a high cost bust that will cost you 20 million quid if he gets on the pitch?
Just to clarify, we're already due £18m in add-ons. It's 'only' an extra £4.5m that would be due if he plays at least 12 more games.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Just to clarify, we're already due £18m in add-ons. It's 'only' an extra £4.5m that would be due if he plays at least 12 more games.
Thanks for clarifying the situation. I had thought we had locked in most of the first £100m and wasnt sure how much of the remainder was still to follow that. Good to know that even if there are some shenangins here, we will still be pocketing most of the £145m.

Kopstar

★★★★★
Thanks for clarifying the situation. I had thought we had locked in most of the first £100m and wasnt sure how much of the remainder was still to follow that. Good to know that even if there are some shenangins here, we will still be pocketing most of the £145m.
£142m :-)

Yeah, the club is already due £124m of that as it is. By the end of the season that could then be up to £133m of the £142m (it's a further £4.5m if Coutinho plays 12 more games, and a further £4.5m if Barca win the CL).

Nikola

Potless.
Admin
A question for our German-speaking friends: allegedly, there's a report in BILD linking Liverpool to Hudson-Odoi as Bayern's main rivals. Did anyone happen to read it?

GaryBarlow99

Hudson-Odoi would be a great signing. If we want to up the English quota he would be an ideal player to bring in. Young, hungry and skilful. Just the type Klopp loves working with.

GaryBarlow99

A question for our German-speaking friends: allegedly, there's a report in BILD linking Liverpool to Hudson-Odoi as Bayern's main rivals. Did anyone happen to read it?
The article the BBC Gossip page links to is translated below:

Borussia Dortmund and Bayern are not only in the Bundesliga a duel - but now apparently also in advertising for Chelsea youngster Callum Hudson -Odoi (18).

So far, it was clear: The Bayern want to commit the wingers of Chelsea necessarily.
But as the "Telegraph" reports, Borussia Dortmund is also interested in English talent.
FOCUS ON CHELSEA TALENT Sarri: "I do not want to talk about Hudson-Odoi"
Callum Hudson-Odoi causes a sensation with his performances - so much so that Chelsea coach Sarri does not even want to talk about his super talent.

Thus, Hudson-Odoi could go a similar way at BVB as his compatriot Jadon Sancho (18). In 2017, he switched from ManCity to Dortmund for eight million euros and is dizzy this season in the Bundesliga. In January, the BVB star revealed: "Me and Callum are close friends. I told him that the Bundesliga is a good league. He should just do what's best for him and make him feel good. "
After SPORT BILD information Hudson-Odoi is still interested in a move to Bayern. However, there is no progress in the negotiations between the two clubs.

Already in the winter Chelsea had banned the striker a transfer to Munich. But: his contract expires in 2020. If the young Englishman does not extend, he could go on a free transfer next year.
SPORT BILD also knows that Liverpool have kept an eye on Hudson-Odoi.
The young star is currently - as well as Jadon Sancho - in the squad of the English national team. On Friday, the "Three Lions" meet in the European Championship qualifier in the Czech Republic

Last edited:

phnaarg

TIA Youth Team
We really are in a completely different position now though to when all those left. Coutinho was the one that could see how close we were and where we were going but wanted it for different reasons. We're now the destination for top players not a stepping stone. In Mane's case the Spanish clubs don't seem to be the draw to the African lads as they are to the South American's, you always see pictures of the likes of him and Keita as kids with Premier League jerseys , it's really the pinnacle from them.
not really true, I'm afraid. Every player dreams of playing for Real or Barca.... doesn't matter where they're from. And those 2 teams have a massive following in Africa too...even if Mane wasn't personally drawn to it, there's no doubt the Senegalese public would see the prospect of him playing for any of the 2 la liga clubs as a big step up in his career...winning something there as a crowning achievement. I hope he doesn't go, but that lure is as big for African footballers as any other.

Last edited:

sms1986

not really true, I'm afraid. Every player dreams of playing for Real or Barca.... doesn't matter where they're from. And those 2 teams have a massive following in Africa too...even if Mane wasn't personally drawn to it, there's no doubt the Malien public would see the prospect of him playing for any of the 2 la liga clubs as a big step up in his career...winning something there as a crowning achievement. I hope he doesn't go, but that lure is as big for African footballers as any other.
I'm not sure the people of Mali care all that much about where a Senegalese player is playing.

As for the Senegalese, I doubt they'll have that much influence on his choice of club.