The Unreliable Rumours Thread

phnaarg

TIA Youth Team
I'm not sure the people of Mali care all that much about where a Senegalese player is playing.

As for the Senegalese, I doubt they'll have that much influence on his choice of club.
Believe it or not, especially for African players, it does matter. Mane is captain of his national team and sees himself as a bit of an ambassador for Senegalese (got it right this time!) football. It won't have the final say but it will be a factor

sms1986

Believe it or not, especially for African players, it does matter. Mane is captain of his national team and sees himself as a bit of an ambassador for Senegalese (got it right this time!) football. It won't have the final say but it will be a factor
Maybe, but I don't see him leaving us any time soon anyway.

phnaarg

TIA Youth Team
Maybe, but I don't see him leaving us any time soon anyway.

yeah..I hope you're right. It does concern me though. Especially as he didn't comment much when he was linked to Zidane during his previous reign at Madrid. Probably nothing in it but it does concern me.

Kopstar

★★★★★
yeah..I hope you're right. It does concern me though. Especially as he didn't comment much when he was linked to Zidane during his previous reign at Madrid. Probably nothing in it but it does concern me.
I'm not as concerned as I used to be about the prospect of seeing good players leave. The club has to consider the merit in selling players when they're at their peak value but also in the context of where we are as a team. Selling Torres was a brilliant bit of business. Selling Suarez, less so.

The objective is collective improvement. I've got a lot more confidence in the club and manager that they'll make the calls that improve us.

phnaarg

TIA Youth Team
I'm not as concerned as I used to be about the prospect of seeing good players leave. The club has to consider the merit in selling players when they're at their peak value but also in the context of where we are as a team. Selling Torres was a brilliant bit of business. Selling Suarez, less so.

The objective is collective improvement. I've got a lot more confidence in the club and manager that they'll make the calls that improve us.
agreed, also worth mentioning the current ownership have proven themselves willing to back the manager in his decisions...so finding a replacement, if he should make that decision, is less of an issue, unlike previous circumstances where we often had to settle for 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice simply cos the resources weren't available.

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
@Nikola

The article in sportbild doesn‘t say much.
Only mentions that Dortmund and Liverpool are also interested in Hudson-Odoi.
Dortmund I believe after watching the re-union of Sancho and Hudson on the England channel.
They‘re apparently very good friends.
The article also says Bayern absolutely still want Hudson-Odoi.
But if CFC remains dismissive they consider Jota from Benfica as alternative (Bild qutoing a portugese paper here).

Stupid Bayern. Desperate to sign Hudson-Odoi, but not Brandt or Havertz as our fans demand.

Btw, according to an older article from SportBild Liverpool FC representatives actually have met Hudson and his agent in january 2019.

Anfield rd Dreamer

@Nikola

The article in sportbild doesn‘t say much.
Only mentions that Dortmund and Liverpool are also interested in Hudson-Odoi.
Dortmund I believe after watching the re-union of Sancho and Hudson on the England channel.
They‘re apparently very good friends.
The article also says Bayern absolutely still want Hudson-Odoi.
But if CFC remains dismissive they consider Jota from Benfica as alternative (Bild qutoing a portugese paper here).

Stupid Bayern. Desperate to sign Hudson-Odoi, but not Brandt or Havertz as our fans demand.

Btw, according to an older article from SportBild Liverpool FC representatives actually have met Hudson and his agent in january 2019.
Chelsea won't sell whilst there is potentially a transfer ban, it'll look awful to their fans for one. They may be friends but it's looking like Sancho may not be over there much longer.

I'd sign Sancho this summer and then Hudson-Odoi on a free the following summer. 4 seasons time them two and Brewster, still all really young (22?), emerging as the first choice front 3 for us and England with one or two of our current front three around as veteran back ups (30/31) to be steady presence in the squad and guide the young attacking line up.

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
Chelsea won't sell whilst there is potentially a transfer ban, it'll look awful to their fans for one. They may be friends but it's looking like Sancho may not be over there much longer.

I'd sign Sancho this summer and then Hudson-Odoi on a free the following summer. 4 seasons time them two and Brewster, still all really young (22?), emerging as the first choice front 3 for us and England with one or two of our current front three around as veteran back ups (30/31) to be steady presence in the squad and guide the young attacking line up.
Like you wrote Hudson would be a free transfer in 2020.
I‘m not sure if Abramovich will let this happen, transfer ban or not.
That‘s what Bayern are counting on next summer I guess.
If it‘s true that Liverpool officials have met Hudson and his agent in january we might be in for him again in july.
With only 12 months remaining then Bayern won‘t offer 40m Euros again.
Unless Sarri finally gives the lad a chance to start games in the PL. Which seems very unlikely at the moment.
Maybe 25-30m will do for Abramovich come August.

Dave-D

Like you wrote Hudson would be a free transfer in 2020.
I‘m not sure if Abramovich will let this happen, transfer ban or not.
That‘s what Bayern are counting on next summer I guess.
If it‘s true that Liverpool officials have met Hudson and his agent in january we might be in for him again in july.
With only 12 months remaining then Bayern won‘t offer 40m Euros again.
Unless Sarri finally gives the lad a chance to start games in the PL. Which seems very unlikely at the moment.
Maybe 25-30m will do for Abramovich come August.
He says he won’t sign a new deal and Bayern could get him on a pre next January and then only have to pay something like 500k in compensation. I think Chelsea fans would be more annoyed with that than selling him in the summer.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Liverpool have been keeping in contact with his agent and bid in the summer.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Hudson Odoi wants immediate first team action, i dont see him getting that here unless one of the front 3 were to move on
We have 3 starting quality attackers and sometimes play a front four. We will probably have less attackers than Chelsea or Bayern will have next season.

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
Hudson Odoi wants immediate first team action, i dont see him getting that here unless one of the front 3 were to move on
I don‘t think he expects to start every game. Would he just walk into the Bayern 11?
Doubtable. There might be other reasons for that fall out.
And he knows what happened to all the other young promising english talents who came through at CFC in the past.
Nobody made it since Terry. Even Hudsons friend RLC is going nowhere there.
Why would he want to stay after experiencing a lot of this first-hand?

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Not at all, what he wants is a clear route to 1st team football. Klopp has shown here if you are good enough, irrespective of age, it is always available. Look at Gomez, Trent, Brewster (all mates of him btw).

Kopstar

★★★★★

Hudson-Odoi would be the most expensive 'free' transfer in history were we to sign him next summer. For starters, if the PFCC were to set his fee it would be at least £12m imo. On top of that you'd have his signing fee. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it would cost £20m or more for us to sign him, more than twice what it would cost Bayern or another club abroad.

Last edited:

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
Hudson-Odoi would be the most expensive 'free' transfer in history were we to sign him next summer. For starters, if the PFCC were to set his fee it would be at least £12m imo. On top of that you'd have his signing fee. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it wouldn't cost £20m or more for us to sign him, more than twice what it would cost Bayern or another club abroad.
Considering they were batting away £35m offers only a few months ago that sounds like a pretty sweet deal...

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
Hudson-Odoi would be the most expensive 'free' transfer in history were we to sign him next summer. For starters, if the PFCC were to set his fee it would be at least £12m imo. On top of that you'd have his signing fee. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it wouldn't cost £20m or more for us to sign him, more than twice what it would cost Bayern or another club abroad.
Bayern aren‘t interested in a free transfer in july 2020 anyway.
They want him ASAP, as their january offers have proven.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Hudson-Odoi would be the most expensive 'free' transfer in history were we to sign him next summer. For starters, if the PFCC were to set his fee it would be at least £12m imo. On top of that you'd have his signing fee. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it would cost £20m or more for us to sign him, more than twice what it would cost Bayern or another club abroad.
But might not sell to us for even £50 million this summer. But they can't stop him coming to us on a "free"! I'd say even £30/35 million compensation would be better value for money than the Ings and Solanke deals. And it shouldnt be that high.