The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Chelsea have so many talented players out on loan that if given a chance could prosper or if sold they're pretty much set to be self sufficient with the fees they'll get. Best thing could happen is Roman having so little interest that he doesn't change manager when things do go bad.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Best thing could happen is Roman having so little interest that he doesn't change manager when things do go bad.
That will be the worst thing, because their football director or most English club football directors don't dictate playing style and therefore if a manager is changed, the entire team needs rebuild. So please keep changing manager.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
That will be the worst thing, because their football director or most English club football directors don't dictate playing style and therefore if a manager is changed, the entire team needs rebuild. So please keep changing manager.

They've had incredible success from constantly changing to the next hottest manager though. It shouldn't theoretically work but for them it does.

Anfield rd Dreamer

They've had incredible success from constantly changing to the next hottest manager though. It shouldn't theoretically work but for them it does.
Two reasons. 1st new manager comes in with a shopping list of fresh new talent to change and drive the club forward (theory is this could become a lot more limited). 2nd new managers coming in with a fresh start, usually some positivity and new ideas creates a bounce traditionally. How long that positive bounce lasts is usually down to the quality of the players and quality of the manager. This bounce is why a lot of teams struggling with relegation change managers and occasionally it leads to a survival against the odds.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Two reasons. 1st new manager comes in with a shopping list of fresh new talent to change and drive the club forward (theory is this could become a lot more limited). 2nd new managers coming in with a fresh start, usually some positivity and new ideas creates a bounce traditionally. How long that positive bounce lasts is usually down to the quality of the players and quality of the manager. This bounce is why a lot of teams struggling with relegation change managers and occasionally it leads to a survival against the odds.

Maybe just once they hire a manager that's great with working with talented youngsters and getting the best from what he's got and only asks to add 1 or 2 talented players, unlikely I know but could you imagine if they had got Klopp. It's Chelsea and all likelihood they would choose the wrong option every time I just don't think Roman losing interest would be dooms day for them anymore.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Not really true. Changing to Scolari and Andreas Villas Boas was a disaster, no? Sarri also not putting them up the summit this season.

Neukolln

Richarlison linked with £70m shock move to Liverpool,has April fools been extended to being the entire week. :eh?:
I like him but he was overpriced last year at £50m and seems he's only any good before Christmas when presumably Santa never gets what he asked for so he spends the next six months sulking.
I read that JK met with his agent? I don't know who else the agent represents but possibly just the media trying to drum up some drama.

That said, maybe him being here with elder Countrymen Bobby, Fab, and Alisson would be a revelation for his career. World class talent in him just a questionable character and decision maker at times.

EDIT: Also read this morning that the Spuds will likely pursue Sessegnon. Fulham has already put a 40M value on him.

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
I read that JK met with his agent? I don't know who else the agent represents but possibly just the media trying to drum up some drama.

That said, maybe him being here with elder Countrymen Bobby, Fab, and Alisson would be a revelation for his career. World class talent in him just a questionable character and decision maker at times.

EDIT: Also read this morning that the Spuds will likely pursue Sessegnon. Fulham has already put a 40M value on him.
According to a relatively good source from Brazil (when it comes to Brazilian players), there was a meeting between Velasco (Richarlison's agent) and Klopp at Klopp's house, but It's not clear what was the reason to hold a meeting. It looks like Richarlison wants to stay in England next season, but Everton might accept bids above £70m

Source:
https://esporte.uol.com.br/futebol/ultimas-noticias/2019/04/04/richarlison-tem-flerte-de-r-250-milhoes-mas-nao-deve-deixar-o-everton.htm

Richarlison is 100% a Klopp player: strong, pacey, versatile (can play across the front three easily), can defend, score goals from headers, left foot, right foot and Klopp already said he likes him. But that's it, he is an Everton player and I don't think we are interested. Maybe the meeting (if it really did exist) was about another player, not Richarlison.

Koon

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Not really true. Changing to Scolari and Andreas Villas Boas was a disaster, no? Sarri also not putting them up the summit this season.
They've had 10 different managers12 including caretakers in the last decade and they're the most successful English club in that time frame. So yeah it is true.

bazza66

TIA Youth Team

Koon

Nikola

Potless or spotless?
Admin
According to that article from Neil Jones, Liverpool are set to raise a pretty penny from outgoings.

What didn't sit well with me is that he wrote about Camacho's departure, which I don't think would be a good move, I think he could be the next right back to emerge from the academy. That said, maybe Klopp wants to fast-track Hoever in that role?

Also, he listed Wilson and Grujić as possible outgoings - I think both will go out on loan rather than be sold. Anyway, what also surprised me is that neither Origi, nor Lallana were in that list. I don't imagine Klopp will want to keep them, especially Lallana and especially if Keita and AOC finally get over their respective issues.

Limiescouse

You can make a great argument that Lallana should not still be around IF it requires to allocate an important squad place for him and risk leaving us short if he is unavailable. I dont think that will be the case though, and so when we balance that against the money we are likely to get back (not much at this stage) then it likely makes more sense to keep him. Klopp likes him a lot, and all it would mean is we have someone who, if fit, can challenge for starts in important games.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
A lot of "may's" and "could's". Nothing special. We know that a few will leave for sure, a few might leave depending on offers (in relation to what we spend) and a few will go on new loans. I'm sure Klopp hasn't decided yet on a number of those cases, next months and pre-season will give more answers to that.

Koon

We're expecting £15m for Clyne according to Neil Jones, Bournemouth want to keep him and West Ham interested too.
I really don't get what's going on with the Clyne situation. Am I missing something? I think he is a pretty decent and reliable backup player. Don't see any reason why we should get rid of him, especially because we don't have any proper RB at the moment. Camacho is a rigth footed winger, Milner is a CM, Gomez is much better as a CB and Hoever is way too young yet. It's not like there's a really good RB backup avaiable out there.
_

About Grujic and Wilson, I get it. I think Grujic has more chances to stay, but Wilson is a tricky one. He is great with set pieces and long shots, but I don't see him briging more to his game besides that. But in truth, I haven't seen him that much. I think he could still develop, though, especially under Klopp's guidance.

Lallana is a no brainer. He can't stay fit, he plays one good game and three bad ones and we need to bring more creativity in the middle of the park. Lallana should be the one to do that, but he can't deliver on a regular basis. Out. Make space for a better and more consistent player, especially because Ox looks injury prone. We miss him a lot.

I'd also get rid of Origi, but I can see him staying next season, so fine as long as we bring another winger.

As I said before, I think we won't spend too much next season, we might look for quality instead of quantity, so a few players (namely Milner, Origi, Lovren/Matip) might stay one more season.

cynicaloldgit

Total Member
... we might look for quality instead of quantity...
Definitely agree with you there. I think we’re more likely to bring in one real difference maker, like Alisson, Virgil and Fabinho, than a whole host of bodies for squad depth; we already have plenty of promising youngsters out on loan who can replace the output of those players likely to leave this summer.

Limiescouse

Lallana is a no brainer. He can't stay fit, he plays one good game and three bad ones and we need to bring more creativity in the middle of the park. Lallana should be the one to do that, but he can't deliver on a regular basis. Out. Make space for a better and more consistent player, especially because Ox looks injury prone.
How exactly? If it is that much of a no brainer with him being that much of a liability, then who would take him?

Limiescouse

I believe Fulham did take Markovic off our hands.....
Did they? Hell.

Anyway, he was just rubbish. There is always a chance that someone else will see something in a player and give them a shot. If Lallana is such a physical liability though, who would pay for it?

Note, that's rhetorical.