• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

vjcpatriot

Read a rumor that Juventus is willing to let Dybala go for £68m. If that is all it takes, it's a no brainer to go for Dybala transfer this summer. It looks like he has fallen out of favor since the arrival of Ronaldo.

If Dybala returns to form, he is the dangerous #10 that Liverpool has been looking for. He could easily have a double digit goals, double digit assists season in the Prem, in other words he could be the next Kevin De Bruyne but in Liverpool Red. I don't know about you but that's a mouth watering prospect to me!

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin

Napoli winger Lorenzo Insigne struggles to contain his excitement upon hearing the news that Liverpool and Chelsea are fighting over him. Photograph: NaFoto/Action Plus via Getty Images

A totally source-free rumour from the Guardian's rumours section:
Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri has identified his former Napoli charge Lorenzo Insigne as one of several missing pieces of his Chelsea jigsaw puzzle, but has the minor inconvenience of a transfer ban preventing him from snapping it into place. Should his employers fail in their efforts to get the ban overturned, or at least postponed, Liverpool could instead make a Premier League player of the Italian winger in exchange for £60m in used fifties.
A totally source-free rumour... lol and the title under the pic is excellent too! :well done::tongue:

GaryBarlow99

Read a rumor that Juventus is willing to let Dybala go for £68m. If that is all it takes, it's a no brainer to go for Dybala transfer this summer. It looks like he has fallen out of favor since the arrival of Ronaldo.

If Dybala returns to form, he is the dangerous #10 that Liverpool has been looking for. He could easily have a double digit goals, double digit assists season in the Prem, in other words he could be the next Kevin De Bruyne but in Liverpool Red. I don't know about you but that's a mouth watering prospect to me!
Definitely. Get a young winger in like Bergwijn or Hudson-Odoi and our forward line would be formidable next season.

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.

According to this piece, I have no more doubts that we won't be looking for a striker this summer. We will have 4 number 9 players with different traits: Firmino, Mané, Salah and Brewster.

What we need at this moment is a winger and maybe a number 8/10 + LB and RB. Maybe a new CB if Lovren wants out and if the new RB/LB can't play CB.

I think the summer plan looks sorted at this point.

Kopstar

★★★★★★

According to this piece, I have no more doubts that we won't be looking for a striker this summer. We will have 4 number 9 players with different traits: Firmino, Mané, Salah and Brewster.

What we need at this moment is a winger and maybe a number 8/10 + LB and RB. Maybe a new CB if Lovren wants out and if the new RB/LB can't play CB.

I think the summer plan looks sorted at this point.
Yup, tbf if Brewster gets the opportunities next season that Solanke got last year (27 senior appearances, 21 in the PL 5 as a starter; nearly 12 hours of first team football) that wouldn't be that poor. Of course, with Solanke, Ings and Sturridge all gone it's likely he'll get even more opportunities than that but the idea that Solanke wasn't really given opportunities is false, imo.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Yup, tbf if Brewster gets the opportunities next season that Solanke got last year (27 senior appearances, 21 in the PL 5 as a starter; nearly 12 hours of first team football) that wouldn't be that poor. Of course, with Solanke, Ings and Sturridge all gone it's likely he'll get even more opportunities than that but the idea that Solanke wasn't really given opportunities is false, imo.
Think Firmino will be the default starter with Mane as first alternative to play in the same way providing there is an option to cover on the left. Salah will be around as a different style, more direct, number 9 option. I can't shake the feeling that Brewster could end up being more like Salah than Firmino though. In which case a lot of those appearances (I think that's probably about right for a first season being bled slowly into the first team) could end up being wide.

Flobs

FADA
Solanke wasn't really given opportunities is false,
He didn't get much this season before his transfer and surely that is what those talking about lack of opportunities are on about.
The fact he didn't get that opportunity without any information is difficult. It does, however, question whether Brewster will get any opportunities.
What I would say is Solanke looked a lot like Origi as a 9, unreliable.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
He didn't get much this season before his transfer and surely that is what those talking about lack of opportunities are on about.
The fact he didn't get that opportunity without any information is difficult. It does, however, question whether Brewster will get any opportunities.
What I would say is Solanke looked a lot like Origi as a 9, unreliable.
And you've been able to come to that conclusion because of the opportunities he was given. So was Klopp.

Flobs

FADA
And you've been able to come to that conclusion because of the opportunities he was given. So was Klopp.
I haven't got a clue what conclusions Klopp came to. Though if your'e correct why wasn't Solanke got rid of in the summer? :eh?:

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
We rejected a few loan offers.....
In the summer there was talk about a Rangers one but don't remember anything concrete. In the Winter window the Palace loan collapsed but then only days later the Bournemouth sale came "out of nowhere" and was probably the reason that loan was abandoned. Don't remember any others. It was gave out at the end of the summer window that if we couldn't sell Origi we'd be open to a Solanke loan instead. We got very little interest in either that the players would accept or that met our financial threshold.

Last edited:

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
BBC rumours page:
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp will once again attempt to sign Spain midfielder Marco Asensio, 23, from Real Madrid. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Eredivisie side PSV will sell Dutch winger Steven Bergwijn, 21, and Mexico winger Hirving Lozano, 23, who have been previously linked with Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United. (De Telegraaf - in Dutch)

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Fuck these rumours , I see all about de ligt etc wanting to move here.... If those lads knew what's good for them , they'd be lining up for a move here. Fuck the salary , fuck the endorsements... We don't need a bigger marketing pitch to this club than the scenes yesterday.

Red Submarine

SIX, and counting.
Fuck these rumours , I see all about de ligt etc wanting to move here.... If those lads knew what's good for them , they'd be lining up for a move here. Fuck the salary , fuck the endorsements... We don't need a bigger marketing pitch to this club than the scenes yesterday.
Totally agree. This is the club to be playing for right now. The agents are the problem though aren't they. I still fancy that De Ligt will be alongside VVD next season though :well done:

hoosierred

Ad-free Member
Totally agree. This is the club to be playing for right now. The agents are the problem though aren't they. I still fancy that De Ligt will be alongside VVD next season though :well done:
Thought De Ligt to Barcelona was already a foregone conclusions.

[watches highlights from last night]

Oh, right... but wouldn't he be competing with Dejan's cajones for 4th choice behind VD, Gomez, and Matip?

Red Submarine

SIX, and counting.
Any young ambitious pro who wants to play football, and pit himself against the best, wants to play for us right now. We are IT for a hungry young madman. VVD will have eaten into his young brain too. I'm convinced he will be with us next season. Convinced :well done:

MViper

TIA New Signing
There have been numerous stories that the De Ligt deal was done as well, but both parties are still denying it.
I know but Barcelona almost signed everybody even our own Moreno. lol But as far as I know there's nothing official on De Ligt front?

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
De Ligt as far as i'm aware hasn't signed a pre-contract with anyone,last i heard a few days ago,was he turned United down on £250k a week contract next season and his agent Mina Riola said,although that would probably be his best offer (financially atm) there status as a club doesn't reflect where he wants to be right now.

Not Worthy

De Ligt as far as i'm aware hasn't signed a pre-contract with anyone,last i heard a few days ago,was he turned United down on £250k a week contract next season and his agent Mina Riola said,although that would probably be his best offer (financially atm) there status as a club doesn't reflect where he wants to be right now.
Say it again.................Fecking music to my ears; 19yr old disses ManU