The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
I see twitter is in meltdown as some bloke from bbc says we aren’t signing anyone major....but then says things change.
Seriously like he knows our business unless Klopp personally told him.
At least 6-8 players are leaving and need replacing.
No one knew we were signing Fabinho and Alisson. Did they happen quickly - no. Fabinho said he was contacted in Feb and Alisson when we played Roma in CL.
Windows not open yet and I’m sick of it.
Juergen don’t need me to tell him if you stand still in football you fall behind.
Long summer ahead!
Robbo clearly had a chat with Messi, even gave him the Scottish head rub of approval.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
I think we should buy at least 3-4 players minimum. We have a long season, 4 cup competitions and we have to make allowances for injuries occurring during the peak, when we have like 4 games in 10 days, especially during the Christmas time.

Will there be a winter break this coming season?

lillypad_33

TIA New Signing
Here are my thoughts on DeLigt....
He's great....may even be the second coming. BUT.... he's apparently turned down 250k per week. That would put him very high on the top paid list here at Liverpool.
This is something that does not fit with the philosophy of how this team operates. This team operates by having somebody prove their worth while at Liverpool and fit into the squad. THEN you get signed to the big bucks.

Here are my thoughts about transfers:
1) Liverpool already have one of the best squads in the world.
2) The margins for improvement are very fine
3) Jurgen is very picky when deciding on a player... AND he loves to promote from within.

After being heartbroken by not keeping players while at Dortmund, Jurgen is happy to go with the guys that he's got.
He'll be practical about it though, and will most likely sign a forward to rotate with the front 3, and an option to fill in for Robbo.
Liverpool don't need much.... unless they plan to take a deep dive in the cups. They are thin when it comes to the 2nd squad for the cups.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Here are my thoughts on DeLigt....
He's great....may even be the second coming. BUT.... he's apparently turned down 250k per week. That would put him very high on the top paid list here at Liverpool.
This is something that does not fit with the philosophy of how this team operates. This team operates by having somebody prove their worth while at Liverpool and fit into the squad. THEN you get signed to the big bucks.

Here are my thoughts about transfers:
1) Liverpool already have one of the best squads in the world.
2) The margins for improvement are very fine
3) Jurgen is very picky when deciding on a player... AND he loves to promote from within.

After being heartbroken by not keeping players while at Dortmund, Jurgen is happy to go with the guys that he's got.
He'll be practical about it though, and will most likely sign a forward to rotate with the front 3, and an option to fill in for Robbo.
Liverpool don't need much.... unless they plan to take a deep dive in the cups. They are thin when it comes to the 2nd squad for the cups.
Turned down £250k a week from us? Has to be bollocks surely. Isn’t vvd on £150k a week? Doubt we’d offer someone not as good £100k a week more.
Sure I’ve read somewhere Vvd and klopp to sign new deal after cup final as well.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Turned down £250k a week from us? Has to be bollocks surely. Isn’t vvd on £150k a week? Doubt we’d offer someone not as good £100k a week more.
Sure I’ve read somewhere Vvd and klopp to sign new deal after cup final as well.
Van Dijk is on £180k and Salah on £200k.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Wouldn’t have been from us. United possibly, so the reasons for turning the offer down may not be due to not being offered enough money (apart from it not being enough to play for them).

Re new deals, before final more likely.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Wouldn’t have been from us. United possibly, so the reasons for turning the offer down may not be due to not being offered enough money (apart from it not being enough to play for them).

Re new deals, before final more likely.
Thought united didn’t sign him as his dad was fat!

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
The 250k a week offer was from United,which he turned down for footballing reasons and because they are shite.Thats not saying he wants 250k a week,its just United throwing money at players to try and get them,knowing no fucker worth there salt is gunna want to play for them next season in the UEFA cup and challenging wolves for 5th place lol

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Between 2-4 players -

2 young backup fullbacks for right and left back. Both would be playing u23's all season... Hopefully! It could very well be just LB as Gomez will be backup at RB.

Young GK. Fairly sure Migs is gone in the summer. Im not sure what will happen with Karius. He could also come as backup particularly as he didn't do brilliantly in Turkey.

Wide forward. Probably with LB the only position we are in desperate need for. I really hope it's a young guy who won't be gutted being stuck behind Mané and Salah but who can come off the bench and change a game. A young Chicharito-type player would be very bloody handy.

Honestly anything outside that list which aren't young project players imo is just kind of pointless. We have too many midfielders, just the right amount of CB's, and the right amount of strikers ( Bob, Mo,Div). Wide forward pretty pretty please!

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Between 2-4 players -

2 young backup fullbacks for right and left back. Both would be playing u23's all season... Hopefully! It could very well be just LB as Gomez will be backup at RB.

Young GK. Fairly sure Migs is gone in the summer. Im not sure what will happen with Karius. He could also come as backup particularly as he didn't do brilliantly in Turkey.

Wide forward. Probably with LB the only position we are in desperate need for. I really hope it's a young guy who won't be gutted being stuck behind Mané and Salah but who can come off the bench and change a game. A young Chicharito-type player would be very bloody handy.

Honestly anything outside that list which aren't young project players imo is just kind of pointless. We have too many midfielders, just the right amount of CB's, and the right amount of strikers ( Bob, Mo,Div). Wide forward pretty pretty please!
Would Wilson not be a strong candidate for the wide forward back up?

Seemed to have a pretty strong season for Derby on loan

LFCFFC

I'm not sure playing at RB really prevents broken legs.

Anyway, this shit about a sub £20m pound budget is just pure speculation based on a relatively big spend last summer, but without any consideration for the fact that we've made the CL final twice in two years and had a net gain in funds earlier in Klopp's tenure.

I don't think we'll be big spenders this summer, but I hardly think FSG will have set a ludicrously low cap to the point where we can barely add to our squad depth. 2-3 quality additions covering the front 3, AM and a LB/CB (on top of any extra requirements like a new backup GK if Migs leaves) would seem like a good bet.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
I'm not sure playing at RB really prevents broken legs.

Anyway, this shit about a sub £20m pound budget is just pure speculation based on a relatively big spend last summer, but without any consideration for the fact that we've made the CL final twice in two years and had a net gain in funds earlier in Klopp's tenure.

I don't think we'll be big spenders this summer, but I hardly think FSG will have set a ludicrously low cap to the point where we can barely add to our squad depth. 2-3 quality additions covering the front 3, AM and a LB/CB (on top of any extra requirements like a new backup GK if Migs leaves) would seem like a good bet.
Add in the fact we had made a £100m profit before last summer's transfer spend. We've increased our revenues even further in the 12 months since.

No question we've got money to spend if Klopp wants.

Red over the water

100% agree. I think 100M from FSG isn't out of the question, plus perhaps another 100M from sales, with the sales barely affecting us. (I won't list that out, but there are lots of examples on other threads).

Whether or not Klopp spends it all is another matter, and we know he is loyal and has a preference to improve existing players. Even so, you would have to think there will be some additions. My guess is four signings - two for the first team set up, and two younger players with very high potential.

Lovejoy122876

Add in the fact we had made a £100m profit before last summer's transfer spend. We've increased our revenues even further in the 12 months since.

No question we've got money to spend if Klopp wants.
IKW is my new favourite LFC TLA!!

YNWA

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Between 2-4 players -

Hoever and Larouci will play full back for the u23's next season buying players to play there ahead of them makes little sense, Hoever may play centre back though.
Don't think Migs will go anywhere, Karius loan is for 2 seasons with then a compulsory purchase included so he's as good as gone.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
100% agree. I think 100M from FSG isn't out of the question, plus perhaps another 100M from sales, with the sales barely affecting us. (I won't list that out, but there are lots of examples on other threads).

Whether or not Klopp spends it all is another matter, and we know he is loyal and has a preference to improve existing players. Even so, you would have to think there will be some additions. My guess is four signings - two for the first team set up, and two younger players with very high potential.
Haven't we already earned close to £100m from the CL? I could totally see us having nigh on £200m to spend after sales. Also, I don't think the idea that we could spend that much is necessarily at odds with the idea that Klopp may only target 3-4 players. When you think the squad is at the level where we really are shopping at the top end of the market in order to improve the overall quality, combined with the rising cost of those players, 3-4 players in could easily eat up the best part of £200m.

I reckon there'll be at least one (good) surprise in store this summer.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Other than the tackle from Mee, which could have happened playing at CB, how many times has Gomez been injured when he's been right back?
No that's the point people keep missing, impact injuries are not the same as muscle injuries. Gomez was fine until he broke a bone in his foot from a shithouse tackle. Nothing to do with playing right back, I don't want Gomez as right back but for other reasons (better central defender, no where near the offensive output of TAA etc.)

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
No that's the point people keep missing, impact injuries are not the same as muscle injuries. Gomez was fine until he broke a bone in his foot from a shithouse tackle. Nothing to do with playing right back, I don't want Gomez as right back but for other reasons (better central defender, no where near the offensive output of TAA etc.)
What about the ACL though? I would have thought full-backs who are galloping up and down the wing the entire game are more at risk of that type of injury than CBs.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
If Klopp, trained club medical personnel and fitness coaches believe there is a reason Gomez is more likely to get injured at RB than CB they would stop playing him there. As it is I'll trust their judgement than the logic presented by fans on a discussion board.

Red over the water

I see Gomez as a central defender and hope he resumes his partnership with VVD next season, as it has the lot. Were it not for the unfortunate injury at Burnley he would probably have carried on alongside VVD for the whole season and the way he was going, he might have even got on a few shortlists for player of the year.

Gomez can obviously cover at right back, but the issue is more offensive output, in relation to TAA, than that position being more susceptible to injuries. He could improve that side of his game were he to play more at right back, as he's such a good athlete and all round player, but it's not what I want to see. He's a central defender and hopefully, when he gets back in the side, he performs in such a way as before that he stays there.