The Unreliable Rumours Thread

costared

TIA Reserve Team
There are so many good players about that we could potentially sign. The club knw more about them than we can ever learn from You Tube or even from watching them for a few games. General fitness, attitude, off pitch behaviour, effect in the dressing room etc. Klopp will know all this and I think we can trust him to make the right decisions. Our speculation is pointless , but it is a bit of fun and keeps us interested through the summer months .
At the moment I must admit I am more interested in United v City tonight. The right result will make things very interesting. Fingers crossed.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I really like Wilson but imagine getting around £60m for him, Grujic and Kent and bringing in Brandt for £21m and Werner for £36m!
You’re expecting a German club to pay £20m for Grujic? Also don’t think Championship side would splash that kind of money ok transfer.

Anfield rd Dreamer

I really like Wilson but imagine getting around £60m for him, Grujic and Kent and bringing in Brandt for £21m and Werner for £36m!
I think the suggested prices put Kent at £15m, Grujic at £35m and Wilson at £25m so £75m but that definitely seems on the optimistic side. I don't want Wilson sold yet but anything like those figures for those players you've got to hand it to the negotiator. Except Eddie, he'd never compliment the negotiator.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
@redfanman I'm not supporting the signing, I think he'd be too expensive.

Too many getting bogged down in the 'goals and assists' stats though, it's like the debate can't move past them. No other considerations seem to be taken into account.

If Zaha doesn't have as many goals and assists for a Roy Hodgson inspired Palace as players playing for PSV, Leipzig or some two bit French side, that doesn't necessarily mean he's not as good as those players.

Dusan Tadic scored 6, 3, 8, 4 in his premier league stint with Southampton, he has 24 goals this season in the Eredivisie for Ajax.

It's really not difficult to imagine that Zaha could be very productive in an attacking Klopp side rather than a defensive Hodgson side.

Also, only 1 team has managed to score 3 goals against us this season - Palace. Zaha was only credited with 1 assist but anybody who was watching that game would know almost their entire threat came from him.

GaryBarlow99

Didn't he have a good season for Hull the season they got relegated or was it their first season in the Championship?
It was in January 2018 so they were in the Championship . Scored 7 goals in 13 games though so he has shown he can do it consistently in that league.

With regards to the fees for Kent, Grujic and Wilson if you add the Solanke fee in I'm sure we could get the amount needed to buy Brandt and Werner.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Before we signed Robertson I thought the days of signing Robertson-type players were over; picking up established players under contract with the capability of improving our first team for relatively small fees (and little competition).

Are those days over now?
Depends on who's shopping.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/24/manchester-city-bid-benfica-florentino-luis

19 yr old with 4 games, City thinking 60 mil.

Gomez cost... 2 mil? Bargains are still possible, but harder to find. I think most 'bargains' we will do now will involve 15 and 16 yr old kids we are trying to bring in that we project will develop into stars. As the article I posted shows, as soon as they are 19 or 20 and breaking into the first team wherever they are, it might be tough to them get them for a 'small fee'

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Depends on who's shopping.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/24/manchester-city-bid-benfica-florentino-luis

19 yr old with 4 games, City thinking 60 mil.

Gomez cost... 2 mil? Bargains are still possible, but harder to find. I think most 'bargains' we will do now will involve 15 and 16 yr old kids we are trying to bring in that we project will develop into stars. As the article I posted shows, as soon as they are 19 or 20 and breaking into the first team wherever they are, it might be tough to them get them for a 'small fee'
Dangerous territory to venture into when recruiting kids at that age as seen some of our rivals had been penalised lately. As for bargains, you won't be able to buy any decent player below £20m mark these days as top club if it isn't down to their exit clause in their contract. After the £55m for keeper and £75m for centre half fees being paid, the price point for players deemed to be of top pedigree will be in the £50m and above region these days for top 6 English clubs to buy.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies

Napoli winger Lorenzo Insigne struggles to contain his excitement upon hearing the news that Liverpool and Chelsea are fighting over him. Photograph: NaFoto/Action Plus via Getty Images

A totally source-free rumour from the Guardian's rumours section:
Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri has identified his former Napoli charge Lorenzo Insigne as one of several missing pieces of his Chelsea jigsaw puzzle, but has the minor inconvenience of a transfer ban preventing him from snapping it into place. Should his employers fail in their efforts to get the ban overturned, or at least postponed, Liverpool could instead make a Premier League player of the Italian winger in exchange for £60m in used fifties.

Nikola

Potless.
Admin
Grujić was asked about Atletico Madrid's interest - he said that he only found about it from the news and that he has a long-term contract with Liverpool and that they call the shots. However, he explicitly said that he would like to go back to Hertha for one more season.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Klopp: "Will this summer be the biggest transfer window of LFC? Probably not. But our eyes are always open."

Klopp: "We will not sign Lorenzo Insigne. He's a very good player, and he has a long term contract at Napoli. We will not even try it." #LFC
I don't really care if we buy Insigne or not, but where do those Klopp quotes come from?

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez

Too many getting bogged down in the 'goals and assists' stats though, it's like the debate can't move past them. No other considerations seem to be taken into account.

If Zaha doesn't have as many goals and assists for a Roy Hodgson inspired Palace as players playing for PSV, Leipzig or some two bit French side, that doesn't necessarily mean he's not as good as those players.

Dusan Tadic scored 6, 3, 8, 4 in his premier league stint with Southampton, he has 24 goals this season in the Eredivisie for Ajax.

It's really not difficult to imagine that Zaha could be very productive in an attacking Klopp side rather than a defensive Hodgson side.

Also, only 1 team has managed to score 3 goals against us this season - Palace. Zaha was only credited with 1 assist but anybody who was watching that game would know almost their entire threat came from him.
It also completely ignores what Zaha is asked to do for Palace. He gets them so many freekicks/penalties which they thrive on by basically being told to stay high up the pitch, control a long ball and then win a set piece. I would guess he is allowed not to track back by having a defensive fullback behind him and a midfielder who covers that space, to enable him to stay high and be their threat on the break.

Now I think there are better options out there than Zaha but to say he doesn't track back ignores everything I see of him in a game when he plays us.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Ah, I see. The press conference. Well, of course I believe what Jurgen says. And he wouldn't be the first manager whose reply to a question about a possible transfer was careful and prudent.

redfanman

TIA Regular
It also completely ignores what Zaha is asked to do for Palace. He gets them so many freekicks/penalties which they thrive on by basically being told to stay high up the pitch, control a long ball and then win a set piece. I would guess he is allowed not to track back by having a defensive fullback behind him and a midfielder who covers that space, to enable him to stay high and be their threat on the break.

Now I think there are better options out there than Zaha but to say he doesn't track back ignores everything I see of him in a game when he plays us.
Didn't one of our goals in our recent match come about because he allowed us to break?

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
I might be "intoxicated" by my thoughts, but after Klopp's press conference, I really think we are not looking for another striker. He said something like "it's not because people think we need a striker that we should buy one" or something like that, I can't remember. Maybe it was just an example and I'm trying to read way too much into it, though.

Also, I really don't think we will spend A LOT of money. I think it will be something like £100m.

But we can't let go of the fact that we need a new LB, RB and Winger. Maybe our new LB/RB will be Hoever and Lewis, maybe not, but if we buy someone, I think they will be kinda inexpensive players, Robertson style (Bristol's Kelly?), unless it's someone like Sessegnon, who can cover both LB and Wing.

TBH, I don't think we need too much of an upgrade on our XI. I'd only add a number 8/10 and that's it. If we buy two £15~20m LB/RB + a £40m winger + £40~60m number 8/10, we are fine, I guess. The best outcome possible would be taking advantage of Brandt's release clause. He is a £50~60m player for sure and could cover both number 8/10 and wing.

I could see £100~120m buys (which is not too much, tbh) and £70~100m made out of Grujic, Lallana(?), Sturridge for free, Kent, Wilson, Clyne, Origi(?).

Lynch04

Smeg Head
His pre-match presser earlier today
I really like Insigne, i believe it was yourself who said he didn't fit into our recent transfer policy re: age, etc. And i tend to agree but i believe he would be a great foil to Firmino. I say that without little knowledge of other viable options.

In regards to Zaha, he at times can be unplayable but as people mention he tends to get bullied and throw his arms up in the air, etc. I think he is a talented player but not a Klopp player. People questioned AOC/Shaqiri (jury still out) but they are players who have a bit more drive and team based qualities.
At the moment we have IMO a very strong team bond, if we sign Zaha, Insigne, Felix, insert flavour of the month player, i trust Klopp/Edwards/staff to identify players which will be a positive to the squad and for the squad to integrate them into the positive atmosphere present.
In my opinion this is the first time as a liverpool fan (1989) that i have felt this way. The Board, Manager/back room staff, players and fans all seem to be moving in the same direction which is a joy to see/experience.
Whoever we sign, i have 100% confidence that it was made with all parties working together for the positivity of Liverpool Fc, rather than a Christian Purslow/Joe Cole signing looking to impress fans/media, something Klopp touched upon in his PC earlier

Maria

I heard rumours that we are interested in Kabul Fekir again and may get him at a cut price deal, but Juventus are also interested in him to. Is it worth it, going through the whole pahlava of negotiation again for Nabil?

Spitfire

Resident Realist

This is a bit Kuyt and Suarez - looking at the stats prior to arriving you would have thought we are getting two out and out strikers who could bang them in for fun.......
While we got two good signings they were very different players; one was world class the other clearly not.

Ron Swanson

Klopp: "Will this summer be the biggest transfer window of LFC? Probably not. But our eyes are always open."

Klopp: "We will not sign Lorenzo Insigne. He's a very good player, and he has a long term contract at Napoli. We will not even try it." #LFC
Didn't Jurgen said similar about Ox when asked, very shortly after Alex was doing the majestic lean.