The Unreliable Rumours Thread

redfanman

TIA Regular
With regards to de Ligt it's almost like the first half of the season has been forgotten. Gomez was absolutely fantastic. Yes he has had his injury problems but why would you bring in another young player in his position who would stunt his development?
Unless the reports on his injuries and recovery are much worse than the club have led everyone to believe, I can't see Klopp giving up on him.

He has spent the last three years trimming down the squads to impress upon young talent to come here, develop and if you're good enough you will get a chance. How does that fit with signing Dr Ligt and playing him over Gomez?

That Mundo article smells to me like Barca already have a deal and want to pretend that they fought us for him and won.

Lallana20

Don't think this is unreliable but don't know where else to post it so I'll just put it here I guess.

"Nottingham Forest are making an ambitious move for Adam Lallana. He is surplus to requirements at Liverpool and Evangelos Marinakis is willing to potentially break the club record fee to sign him, however the fee is expected to be somewhere in the vicinity of £13m, the same fee paid for Joao Carvalho 12 months ago. "

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
With regards to de Ligt it's almost like the first half of the season has been forgotten. Gomez was absolutely fantastic. Yes he has had his injury problems but why would you bring in another young player in his position who would stunt his development?
We could be choosing to play 3 at the back more? Let’s face it De Ligt, Van Dijk and Gomez is a fucking cream back 3.

Do you not think we’ve relied on Virgil a lot this season, and having geniun options available we can rotate with him is a positive for the club. I also think if De Ligt comes in Lovren leaves, which for me is a win win.

redfanman

TIA Regular
We could be choosing to play 3 at the back more? Let’s face it De Ligt, Van Dijk and Gomez is a fucking cream back 3.

Do you not think we’ve relied on Virgil a lot this season, and having geniun options available we can rotate with him is a positive for the club. I also think if De Ligt comes in Lovren leaves, which for me is a win win.
I don't see us playing a three. Klopps entire career has involved a four with the odd exception. Given how well we've performed this season, changing that significantly would be huge- especially just to fit in a young CB.

Anfield rd Dreamer

There's enough room at a club likely to play 50+ games a season for 3 top class CBs. Especially when one has so far been dogged by injuries (Gomez) and one will need a bedding in period Keita/Fabinho/Robertson style (De Ligt/alternative). We can't move forward with a starting 11. Not playing in as many comps as we do.

Ballymun Red

Don't think this is unreliable but don't know where else to post it so I'll just put it here I guess.

"Nottingham Forest are making an ambitious move for Adam Lallana. He is surplus to requirements at Liverpool and Evangelos Marinakis is willing to potentially break the club record fee to sign him, however the fee is expected to be somewhere in the vicinity of £13m, the same fee paid for Joao Carvalho 12 months ago. "
snap their hands off if that's true,lad can't stay fit.

he seems to fancy himself a bit so surely he'll try to get a transfer to a team in the prem.

MW2833

Source?

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
There's enough room at a club likely to play 50+ games a season for 3 top class CBs. Especially when one has so far been dogged by injuries (Gomez) and one will need a bedding in period Keita/Fabinho/Robertson style (De Ligt/alternative). We can't move forward with a starting 11. Not playing in as many comps as we do.
Gomez is already not in the 'starting XI'.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Think we should go for the best talents now.
We are in a unique position.
We are world class, with a world class manager and one heck of a fan base.
Our pulling power is at its highest.
We let utd beat us to dominance in the 90s, we now have a chance to regain lost grounds.
Let's be ruthless.
I hope we get de ligt, he is world class, and him going to a rival team would strengthen them a lot.
Won't worry much about Gomez, he's a very versatile defender and will easily get 25-30 games a season when fit.
Would also go for werner as a backup to bobby.
Chilwell as a backup for robbo.

seanyw

Hong Kong Reds
How about David Alaba for LB backup? He could potentially lose his position to Lucas Hernandez.
I think Alaba is too much a star player to play second fiddle to Robbo. But agree that we need back-up on both right- and left backs. Top priority to reinforce that imo. No idea who though as I doubt who would now want to join to warm the bench given Robbo and TAA's top form.

We need to add some creativity in the midfield too. Ziyech and/or Auoar will be good. That could allow more rest for Firmino too.

Striker - grab Werner please. Not really confident in Divock despite his recent heroics.

Backup keepers too as Migs and Karius will be leaving. Don't think we have any urgency to reinforce CB though of course wouldn't mind to add de Ligt or Jose Gimenez.

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit

legalalien

Watcher of the skies

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
If he is representing De Ligt and also Pogba then I would assume either the ban fell through or has been challenged and overturned
He's still representing them, he just can't do deals for them until mid-July or August, somewhere there.

Herb

I personally don’t think we’ll sign De Ligt
Agreed. Honestly think there’s 0% chance we splash the kind of money being talked about on him when we already have a young CB who has proven himself to be as good if not better for us. Klopp seemingly has a lot of faith in Matip and Lovren as back up options as well. Can’t see any reason why he’d look to move either of them on.