• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
@Zinedine Biscan was clearly not assuming that all CL revenue went into a transfer budget, that was your false inference.

You then doubled down on your first response with your second.

If you want your posts to be interpreted in the way you later claim them to have been intended (often entirely contrary to their natural interpretation), you should work on making yourself more intelligible.
So you got all my response and summarised it with “I claimed there’s no additional/increase revenue”? Marvellous.

nikz200

i think the statement that "Liverpool only have 20 mil pounds to spend" is unreliable and hence earns its place here. I am interested in seeing which player we are looking at for the back up left back. Sessegnon is ok, but it would take a inflated fee to bring him to the club. Lloyd Kelly? interesting but unproven and definitely a young kid to suddenly throw into the frey of important games in case of anything. Nicolas Tagliafico would be great and I've seen him do a lot for that Ajax team. But again, certainly he wants first team football? There were also some claims that Ruben Vinagre was contacted by Jurgen Klopp, which sounds like bullshit, but then again it may be possible.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
So you got all my response and summarised it with “I claimed there’s no additional/increase revenue”? Marvellous.
Typically, that's not what I said.

@Zinedine Biscan made an observation about our revenue increasing as likely being indicative that we will be well placed to have up to £200m to spend after sales.

That's a reasonable observation given that we generated £100m profit last season with less revenue than we'll bring in this season.

Extremely unlikely that our costs have increased by a greater amount than our income. However, that's precisely what you suggested could be the case.

Not including player-trading we'll almost certainly have increased profits from last season and even if we don't the profit will still be sizeable.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
I,too am interested in the £20m to spend.
While I don’t think for a moment Klopp is going to emanate Citeh,he probably can see the need for a bit more depth in some areas.
Given this season and after we twat Spurs,it would be brave owners indeed that wouldn’t allow a manager what he wants,within obvious constraints.
That would be H&G form.
We are going to have a lot of games next season and depth must reflect that.

Thomas1195

While the tackle can happen anywhere on the pitch, doesn't the chance increase when playing as a fullback and being exposed to more tackles than at a CB position?
Playing as full-backs require attacking and thus increase exposure to opponent defenders.

Limiescouse

While the tackle can happen anywhere on the pitch, doesn't the chance increase when playing as a fullback and being exposed to more tackles than at a CB position?
Possibly, but if you are making selections based on trying to reduce the probability of a player getting kicked you may as well have them all pack up their boots and go home. People are using a tiny data set and extrapolating it to a conclusion about Joe and about the danger of playing RB and that just doesnt hold.

Limiescouse

Yes, it was just shorthand really. in 17/18 we made just shy of £150m from PL TV revenue alone (which may well have gone up further this season), throw in the supposed £100m from the CL plus all other forms of income... I think it is reasonable to suggest a fund of £100m or thereabouts will be made available for signings with sales to go on top of that, indeed that's the whole premise of the transfer thread Mascot opened a week or two ago.
It was a very easy to understand point.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
i think the statement that "Liverpool only have 20 mil pounds to spend" is unreliable and hence earns its place here. I am interested in seeing which player we are looking at for the back up left back. Sessegnon is ok, but it would take a inflated fee to bring him to the club. Lloyd Kelly? interesting but unproven and definitely a young kid to suddenly throw into the frey of important games in case of anything. Nicolas Tagliafico would be great and I've seen him do a lot for that Ajax team. But again, certainly he wants first team football? There were also some claims that Ruben Vinagre was contacted by Jurgen Klopp, which sounds like bullshit, but then again it may be possible.

Supposedly Sessegnon is Spurs bound for 'only' 25 mil. I don't think there's any chance of him coming to us as he has supposedly said that he wants to stay in London and wants to work with Pottechino.

Might not get his wish the second one.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Supposedly Sessegnon is Spurs bound for 'only' 25 mil. I don't think there's any chance of him coming to us as he has supposedly said that he wants to stay in London and wants to work with Pottechino.

Might not get his wish the second one.
Unless Poch is willing to go to Barca - which I think he has publically said he wouldn't do - then I don't think he will be going anywhere as Utd and PSG look like holding onto to their current managers.

Not Worthy

Were we not linked with Alex Telles a while back ? Not a youngster (26??) But experienced and of a standard above Moreno or Lewis.

Limiescouse

Unless Poch is willing to go to Barca - which I think he has publically said he wouldn't do - then I don't think he will be going anywhere as Utd and PSG look like holding onto to their current managers.
I would not be surprised if Tuchel leaves. He is apparently not even on speaking terms with Henrique, their DoF. As in proper teenager type "tell him that I said..." stuff.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I would not be surprised if Tuchel leaves. He is apparently not even on speaking terms with Henrique, their DoF. As in proper teenager type "tell him that I said..." stuff.
I hadn't heard that, but am not surprised if true. He clearly left a bad taste at Dortmund. And, I wasn't impressed by some his early comments when taking over from Klopp.

I wonder whether Tuchel 's future is dependent on Spurs result next month?

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Remains to be seen if OGS survives until Christmas.

nikz200

Were we not linked with Alex Telles a while back ? Not a youngster (26??) But experienced and of a standard above Moreno or Lewis.
I would say given his age, he is looking for a starting role, either way its reported that he and 2 other porto guys are on their way to Athletico

Its got to be someone young who can push Robertson, i feel thats the way we would go, or we really dig into the academy prospects,of which i do not see a Left back potential in there.

in other news, get your hats on guys, the Salah to Madrid rumours are back again....... -.-

Limiescouse

If I were united id sack Ole now and get Allegri
Even the best manager in the world would only be a band aid with an artificially low ceiling for success unless they fix their bigger problems. If the stories about Utd today are right (going after Longstaff and Rice to put in a midfield 3 with McTomminay) then it appears Utd are not only refusing to address that issue, but are doubling down on stupid.

Muad

TIA New Signing
Yes, it was just shorthand really. in 17/18 we made just shy of £150m from PL TV revenue alone (which may well have gone up further this season), throw in the supposed £100m from the CL plus all other forms of income... I think it is reasonable to suggest a fund of £100m or thereabouts will be made available for signings with sales to go on top of that, indeed that's the whole premise of the transfer thread Mascot opened a week or two ago.
Presumably that's because you don't expect our costs to have grown faster than our revenue?

I mean, I know that's obviously what you're saying, but for some people it needs to be spelt out.

The surplus over revenue from regular business could be used in a variety of ways : non-squad investments, paring down debt, dividends to the owners or even just held in the money market (unlikely given how low interest rates remain in the West).

If I were FSG I would be asking whether spending a 100m on new players (who will want to play for us and would fit in our team culture) would make our performance next season substantially better than this season.

The best teams of course have capitalised on great seasons by pivoting slowly to including academy products which gives them success over a longer period. I hope that's what the thinking is.

zman89

Surely we need better cover. Unfortunately Lallana is finished with us, Moreno is on the way out, Sturridge is finished as well, Clyne isn't fancied anymore and Milner is nearing the end so we should start thinking about replacing him. So that means we absolutely need a backup LB and ideally for me a backup RB but I think Gomez will cover for that one. I think Brandt will be the first name on the list once again this summer as he could cover on the wings and play as a no 10 of sorts. I would still go in for a winger who can cause havoc in tired defenses, preferably someone young who is willing to sit on the bench for most of the time.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Surely we need better cover. Unfortunately Lallana is finished with us, Moreno is on the way out, Sturridge is finished as well, Clyne isn't fancied anymore and Milner is nearing the end so we should start thinking about replacing him. So that means we absolutely need a backup LB and ideally for me a backup RB but I think Gomez will cover for that one. I think Brandt will be the first name on the list once again this summer as he could cover on the wings and play as a no 10 of sorts. I would still go in for a winger who can cause havoc in tired defenses, preferably someone young who is willing to sit on the bench for most of the time.
Rumours are that Milner will get a new contract.

As for Lallana, his place in the team has basically gone - we have already replaced him with ox and Keita coming in. Where he to leave I wouldn't be surprised if no one else came in for that position.

I think should he stay we also shouldn't underestimate his impact in training even if he can't play matches.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Even the best manager in the world would only be a band aid with an artificially low ceiling for success unless they fix their bigger problems. If the stories about Utd today are right (going after Longstaff and Rice to put in a midfield 3 with McTomminay) then it appears Utd are not only refusing to address that issue, but are doubling down on stupid.
Keep going, I'm so close...

Last line of the article lol. "United have now turned their attention to Swansea City’s Daniel James."

100 mil on Sancho, turned down, so....Daniel James lol lol lol

Sorry, I know it's the wrong thread, but couldn't resist.

Not Worthy

I would say given his age, he is looking for a starting role, either way its reported that he and 2 other porto guys are on their way to Athletico

Its got to be someone young who can push Robertson, i feel thats the way we would go, or we really dig into the academy prospects,of which i do not see a Left back potential in there.

in other news, get your hats on guys, the Salah to Madrid rumours are back again....... -.-
Real are hitting the media with everything; Hazard, Jovi, Salah in the last 24hrs.

Us and the LB options; Don't know enough about Lloyd Kelly and don't have an encyclopedic knowledge like some folk. Sessengon supposedly Spurs bound and other more established options, like you say, probably not wanting to be the back-up. Telles / Hector would be easy choices. I like Pereira at Leicester but is more RB and we're well serviced there.

Red over the water

Let's have a little manager merry-go-round, since it's the unreliable rumors thread.

Guardiola to Juventus.
The CL ban hammer is hanging over City, and even though the lawyers are fighting hard, and an appeal has been made, Guardiola decides it's time to move on. The domestic treble is wrapped up and Pep decides to bow out.

Pochettino to PSG.
He loses the CL final and falls on his sword. He is exhausted. For five years he has overachieved at Spurs, and he realizes he won't be able to take them any higher. Levy holds the purse strings and things are tight as there's a stadium to pay for. Pochettino looks over to Paris, where the league title is all but guaranteed. A few 'easy' trophies would be nice.

Tuchel to Man City.
As Limiescouse is telling us, he's a petulant man-child. OK, he won the league in France, but the tea lady can do that with PSG! It's all about Europe, and they fell short, again, so Tuchel leaves by mutual consent. Man City are reeling after Guardiola walked out, so they quickly snap up Tuchel. He's a title winning European who knows his way around an oil club. A perfect fit.

Allegri to Tottenham.
Allegri is sick of winning all the time in Italy. So he wants to try something a bit different. He was impressed by Spurs' showing in the Champions League, and after chatting with Sarri, he realizes there are some nice Italian restaurants in London too, so he will give it a whirl! Deep down Spurs fans are gutted about losing Pochettino, but Levy works hard to sell them the idea that this is an upgrade.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member

Long may it last