The Unreliable Rumours Thread

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Even the best manager in the world would only be a band aid with an artificially low ceiling for success unless they fix their bigger problems. If the stories about Utd today are right (going after Longstaff and Rice to put in a midfield 3 with McTomminay) then it appears Utd are not only refusing to address that issue, but are doubling down on stupid.
Keep going, I'm so close...

Last line of the article lol. "United have now turned their attention to Swansea City’s Daniel James."

100 mil on Sancho, turned down, so....Daniel James lol lol lol

Sorry, I know it's the wrong thread, but couldn't resist.

Not Worthy

I would say given his age, he is looking for a starting role, either way its reported that he and 2 other porto guys are on their way to Athletico

Its got to be someone young who can push Robertson, i feel thats the way we would go, or we really dig into the academy prospects,of which i do not see a Left back potential in there.

in other news, get your hats on guys, the Salah to Madrid rumours are back again....... -.-
Real are hitting the media with everything; Hazard, Jovi, Salah in the last 24hrs.

Us and the LB options; Don't know enough about Lloyd Kelly and don't have an encyclopedic knowledge like some folk. Sessengon supposedly Spurs bound and other more established options, like you say, probably not wanting to be the back-up. Telles / Hector would be easy choices. I like Pereira at Leicester but is more RB and we're well serviced there.

Red over the water

Let's have a little manager merry-go-round, since it's the unreliable rumors thread.

Guardiola to Juventus.
The CL ban hammer is hanging over City, and even though the lawyers are fighting hard, and an appeal has been made, Guardiola decides it's time to move on. The domestic treble is wrapped up and Pep decides to bow out.

Pochettino to PSG.
He loses the CL final and falls on his sword. He is exhausted. For five years he has overachieved at Spurs, and he realizes he won't be able to take them any higher. Levy holds the purse strings and things are tight as there's a stadium to pay for. Pochettino looks over to Paris, where the league title is all but guaranteed. A few 'easy' trophies would be nice.

Tuchel to Man City.
As Limiescouse is telling us, he's a petulant man-child. OK, he won the league in France, but the tea lady can do that with PSG! It's all about Europe, and they fell short, again, so Tuchel leaves by mutual consent. Man City are reeling after Guardiola walked out, so they quickly snap up Tuchel. He's a title winning European who knows his way around an oil club. A perfect fit.

Allegri to Tottenham.
Allegri is sick of winning all the time in Italy. So he wants to try something a bit different. He was impressed by Spurs' showing in the Champions League, and after chatting with Sarri, he realizes there are some nice Italian restaurants in London too, so he will give it a whirl! Deep down Spurs fans are gutted about losing Pochettino, but Levy works hard to sell them the idea that this is an upgrade.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Even the best manager in the world would only be a band aid with an artificially low ceiling for success unless they fix their bigger problems. If the stories about Utd today are right (going after Longstaff and Rice to put in a midfield 3 with McTomminay) then it appears Utd are not only refusing to address that issue, but are doubling down on stupid.

Long may it last

redfanman

TIA Regular
Let's have a little manager merry-go-round, since it's the unreliable rumors thread.

Guardiola to Juventus.
The CL ban hammer is hanging over City, and even though the lawyers are fighting hard, and an appeal has been made, Guardiola decides it's time to move on. The domestic treble is wrapped up and Pep decides to bow out.

Pochettino to PSG.
He loses the CL final and falls on his sword. He is exhausted. For five years he has overachieved at Spurs, and he realizes he won't be able to take them any higher. Levy holds the purse strings and things are tight as there's a stadium to pay for. Pochettino looks over to Paris, where the league title is all but guaranteed. A few 'easy' trophies would be nice.

Tuchel to Man City.
As Limiescouse is telling us, he's a petulant man-child. OK, he won the league in France, but the tea lady can do that with PSG! It's all about Europe, and they fell short, again, so Tuchel leaves by mutual consent. Man City are reeling after Guardiola walked out, so they quickly snap up Tuchel. He's a title winning European who knows his way around an oil club. A perfect fit.

Allegri to Tottenham.
Allegri is sick of winning all the time in Italy. So he wants to try something a bit different. He was impressed by Spurs' showing in the Champions League, and after chatting with Sarri, he realizes there are some nice Italian restaurants in London too, so he will give it a whirl! Deep down Spurs fans are gutted about losing Pochettino, but Levy works hard to sell them the idea that this is an upgrade.
Pulis is available :-)

Bonus

TIA New Signing

Guardiola to Juventus.

Pochettino to PSG.

Tuchel to Man City.

Allegri to Tottenham.

If Pep was to quit for juve,
i wonder if Man City would go in for Pochettino?

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray

Please Michael Edwards
He had two or three clear chances to kill the game against Spurs and couldn't convert which might be a bit of a worry. Still looks a Klopp type player though. Any idea how much he'd cost ?

Edit: Just seen he's got a £25m release clause. That would represent a real bargain.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Real are hitting the media with everything; Hazard, Jovi, Salah in the last 24hrs.

Us and the LB options; Don't know enough about Lloyd Kelly and don't have an encyclopedic knowledge like some folk. Sessengon supposedly Spurs bound and other more established options, like you say, probably not wanting to be the back-up. Telles / Hector would be easy choices. I like Pereira at Leicester but is more RB and we're well serviced there.
Pereira is agood shout a player that has impressed me as a RB, good defensively and can beat a man going forward and reasonable delivery not as good as Trents but who is :-)

Red over the water

Interesting Guardiola quote on the latest FFP issues in the press. “I said many times I trust the club.”

Is that a nice vote of confidence in his bosses, or is it laden with intent? In other words, if we are kicked out, I’m off. I placed my trust in you.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Juve sacking Allegri makes me think that they feel confident in their recruitment of another high-profile manager. Poch to Juve?

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
I would say given his age, he is looking for a starting role, either way its reported that he and 2 other porto guys are on their way to Athletico

Its got to be someone young who can push Robertson, i feel thats the way we would go, or we really dig into the academy prospects,of which i do not see a Left back potential in there.

in other news, get your hats on guys, the Salah to Madrid rumours are back again....... -.-
I expect him to be sighted in Madrid very soon, probably all smiles as well....

StevenAlonso

Of the players linked with us i will personally go for Dybala, Ziyech and a young CB. The reason being Dybala can play in any of the front 3 positions . Ziyech is the creative spark from midfield we lacked at times. And at 25 million he is a no-brainer especially if Lallana leaves. Harry Wilson could compete for the LW/LF position. Considering Ox and Keita back we are well stocked at midfield. We also need to promote a LB from academy as an understudy to Robertson and provide him game time when we are cruising through games and there is always Milner who can fill-in if needed.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Of the players linked with us i will personally go for Dybala, Ziyech and a young CB. The reason being Dybala can play in any of the front 3 positions . Ziyech is the creative spark from midfield we lacked at times. And at 25 million he is a no-brainer especially if Lallana leaves. Harry Wilson could compete for the LW/LF position. Considering Ox and Keita back we are well stocked at midfield. We also need to promote a LB from academy as an understudy to Robertson and provide him game time when we are cruising through games and there is always Milner who can fill-in if needed.
Wilson is a Right Forward though..

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
He's not. He can play 8, 10, RW and LW. He's not limited to just one position.
Do you need to argue with everyone on what basically comes down to semantics? His primary position is Right Forward, he plays on the right and cuts in on his left (similar to Salah). Yes he can play other positions and is being progressed as a no.10 but ultimately his best position is wide right.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Do you need to argue with everyone on what basically comes down to semantics? His primary position is Right Forward, he plays on the right and cuts in on his left (similar to Salah). Yes he can play other positions and is being progressed as a no.10 but ultimately his best position is wide right.
Why is it? Is this the same way Mane is a "right winger" or Firmino an "attacking midfielder" or Ox a "right winger"? He's a versatile player who has performed very well in multiple positions at the levels has been played at. Klopp is a manager who likes versatile players and has a track record of using players in less obvious ways. How other managers have used a player doesn't matter as much to Klopp. Wilson has some pace and goal threat but doesn't quite meet the same blueprint as Mane and Salah. What he could potentially do well though is the role of the most attacking number 8 in midfield in something like the ways Coutinho and Ox have played the role (both different but Wilson's style would have elements of both). I also suspect he could be developed into a Firmino style forward too. If he is here next year and he does get used on the wings then (despite what he is pegged as) it would most likely end up being on the left as Klopp wouldn't need to turn to him on the right. Not with Salah, Mane, Shaqiri and Ox all likely to be above him in the pecking order. On the left he'd be competing with Origi to be the first choice out of the only current back ups to Mane.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Why is it? Is this the same way Mane is a "right winger" or Firmino an "attacking midfielder" or Ox a "right winger"? He's a versatile player who has performed very well in multiple positions at the levels has been played at.
I bet Alisson can play midfield too....
United linked with Sessegnon for £40m.
Jesus. £40m for a Fulham sub.
Wrong thread. Try THIS ONE

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Why is it? Is this the same way Mane is a "right winger" or Firmino an "attacking midfielder" or Ox a "right winger"? He's a versatile player who has performed very well in multiple positions at the levels has been played at. Klopp is a manager who likes versatile players and has a track record of using players in less obvious ways. How other managers have used a player doesn't matter as much to Klopp. Wilson has some pace and goal threat but doesn't quite meet the same blueprint as Mane and Salah. What he could potentially do well though is the role of the most attacking number 8 in midfield in something like the ways Coutinho and Ox have played the role (both different but Wilson's style would have elements of both). I also suspect he could be developed into a Firmino style forward too. If he is here next year and he does get used on the wings then (despite what he is pegged as) it would most likely end up being on the left as Klopp wouldn't need to turn to him on the right. Not with Salah, Mane, Shaqiri and Ox all likely to be above him in the pecking order. On the left he'd be competing with Origi to be the first choice out of the only current back ups to Mane.
I don't get your train of thought. When Wilson has played on the left for Derby he's been shit (going off the ratings (all sub-7 v's 7+ when no.10 or RF)).

Irrespective of where he will get minutes easier, if he is a poor player at Left Forward he won't get minutes there.

You answered my post but ignored the post I was referring to, which specifically says Wilson to play LF.. I highly doubt he will get any minutes here in that position, he simply isn't the standard. RF/AM - You've got an argument, which I don't disagree with.

Anfield rd Dreamer

I don't get your train of thought. When Wilson has played on the left for Derby he's been shit (going off the ratings (all sub-7 v's 7+ when no.10 or RF)).

Irrespective of where he will get minutes easier, if he is a poor player at Left Forward he won't get minutes there.

You answered my post but ignored the post I was referring to, which specifically says Wilson to play LF.. I highly doubt he will get any minutes here in that position, he simply isn't the standard. RF/AM - You've got an argument, which I don't disagree with.
Don't know where you have that from. From what I can see he is credited with 10 games on the left (8 starts 2 subs) and has scored 5 times in those games. Hardly awful is it? If Lawrence wasn't a near ever present on their left wing maybe he'd have been used there more?