• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
You are right.

I have a lot of time for sturidge as it’s testement to his application that he’s even on the bench after what he’s been through, both physically and mentally with most fans virtually accusing him of being a coward.

So I wish I could disagree with you, I wish you were wrong. But your not.

I hope he gets a move somewhere, maybe Spain would be my pick, and starts enjoying his football again. In my personal opinion it’s the least he deserves and if I could say one thing to him it would be that he’s already an inspiration to simply battle through what he has done.

A lot of time for the man.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
BBC rumours page ...
Newcastle, Southampton and Brighton all want to sign winger Harry Wilson, 22, but Liverpool want £25m for the Wales international. (Sky Sports)

Liverpool are closing in on a £200,000 deal to sign Polish teenage goalkeeper Jakub Ojrzynski, 16, from Legia Warsaw. (Liverpool Echo)

And not our player now but may be of interest (to some here, not to the club)...
Bournemouth are ready to listen to offers for English winger Jordon Ibe, 23. (Mirror)

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Mindlessly pointing out those stats is no use.

Sturridge was really good for the first 6 weeks of the season when called upon. Nobody will deny that. We all enthused over how revitalised he looked.

Then it all went downhill, he reverted back to the player he was last season. It's not just about not fitting a style of player, he just didn't play well at all. Shaqiri doesn't fit our style of play but did well regardless, but outside of august and september Sturridge was rubbish.
errrr..........ok

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
And not our player now but may be of interest (to some here, not to the club)...
Bournemouth are ready to listen to offers for English winger Jordon Ibe, 23. (Mirror)
Remember when we sold sterling and everyone thought it didn’t matter cos we had this lad.
I really thought he had something a bit special but it’s just never really happened for him even at Bournemouth

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Didn't we negotiate a sell on clause, so we'll get a percentage of any sale?

Jaytinho

I had such high hopes for Ibe, seemed like such an explosive forward. But I do remember being wary of his ability in front of goal, I always thought it would improve. Oh well. Apparently Rodgers is interested in taking him to Leicester, well, rumor has it

Jaytinho

Given Joel Rabinowitz's latest article on Memphis Depay: Memphis Depay: Former United ‘flop’ could be ideal to add depth to Liverpool’s attack

Where do you think he would fit in if it happens? Havent seen anything from credible sources yet. But, where theres smoke there could be fire, or just smoke blown out the ass. To me the buzz is primairly due to his recent social media activity with Gini and Virgil. But, they are Dutch team mates. But yeah, I think he would be ideal cover for Firmino in the false 9 role or anywhere in the final 3rd or behind the forwards

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Given Joel Rabinowitz's latest article on Memphis Depay: Memphis Depay: Former United ‘flop’ could be ideal to add depth to Liverpool’s attack

Where do you think he would fit in if it happens? Havent seen anything from credible sources yet. But, where theres smoke there could be fire, or just smoke blown out the ass. To me the buzz is primairly due to his recent social media activity with Gini and Virgil. But, they are Dutch team mates. But yeah, I think he would be ideal cover for Firmino in the false 9 role or anywhere in the final 3rd or behind the forwards
He was down and out, Lyon gave him a chance, he did well and the prima donna attitude comes again. Like what this article https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/12/memphis-depay-big-club-player-small-time-attitude-lyon-ligue-1 says, he thinks he is better than he really is. Reminds me of Bendtner who thinks himself as "greatest footballer in the world"

Limiescouse

He won't be the one who decides who they sell sane to if they were to sell tbf
Pep's relationship with his directors is about as good as anyone's at any club. They will not sell a player Pep doesnt want to sell, and if there are some sanctions that force them to sell to raise money (unlikely) then Pep will dictate who they can put on the chopping block.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Pep's relationship with his directors is about as good as anyone's at any club. They will not sell a player Pep doesnt want to sell, and if there are some sanctions that force them to sell to raise money (unlikely) then Pep will dictate who they can put on the chopping block.
That's not what I said though. What I said was if city are say selling sane to cover ffp then Pep won't be the one who decides where he goes. 1-City will need to maximise income and 2- I dont think Pep is a cunt so in sane wants to leave then he won't stand in his way. Him and Klopp are cut from the same cloth that way

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.

Lynch04

Smeg Head
In regards to Sturridge, i will never question his ability. However, apart from 1 1/2 seasons he has contributed little to the first team apart from the odd goal - Seville/chelsea are two i can remember.
From reports he has a good vibe on the squad, but this is not a reason for keeping him. He is so hit and miss and its such a shame, because he is a very talented player. There are some links to stats about James Milner, i know they play different roles and its hard to compare due to game time etc, but look at what he gives the team compared to Sturridge. There are many times i have given DS another chance off the back of a performance but for me, Wolves in the FA Cup was a game too far!

nikz200

In regards to Sturridge, i will never question his ability. However, apart from 1 1/2 seasons he has contributed little to the first team apart from the odd goal - Seville/chelsea are two i can remember.
From reports he has a good vibe on the squad, but this is not a reason for keeping him. He is so hit and miss and its such a shame, because he is a very talented player. There are some links to stats about James Milner, i know they play different roles and its hard to compare due to game time etc, but look at what he gives the team compared to Sturridge. There are many times i have given DS another chance off the back of a performance but for me, Wolves in the FA Cup was a game too far!
I think your right, but i think the fear is that if we sell Sturridge and don't buy someone to fill that place in the squad, we would lose firepower,especially if anything happens to the front 3 who starts. Origi has been huge for us but is he the long term solution? Brewster is so young and unproven , but ideally if he hits his stride, then he would be the back up. Jurgen seems to be very selective when it comes to strikers and what he expects from them.
City have also shown us that in order to win the title, you need 5 attackers all in that echelon of player. Sterling, Sane, Aguero, Mahrez, Jesus. All top players in attacking roles. We don't have those extra two scoring threats in comparison, same thing at AM. Silva , KDB and Bernado Silva in comparison we have Shaqiri, Ox (who hasn't played most of the season) , Keita (50/50 season marred with light injuries) and Gini, depending on fitness. This season that AM position and the attacking rotation has been the glaring difference between us and City and if we want to compete at that level, we need to stock those positions as well.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Youngster Rafa Camacho is another who is likely to leave, having informed the club he will not be signing an extension to his contract.

The Portugal under-20 international, like Clyne, will enter the final year of his deal next month and has been watched by Wolves, RB Leipzig and Sporting CP, among others. Liverpool value him at £10m ($13m).

Both Daniel Sturridge and Alberto Moreno are set to leave when their contracts expire, while there have been enquiries over Marko Grujic, Taiwo Awoniyi, Ryan Kent, Harry Wilson and Sheyi Ojo, all of whom spent last season out on loan.

Championship outfit Hull, meanwhile, are keen on signing teenager Ben Woodburn on a season-long loan deal. The Wales international spent an unhappy spell at Sheffield United last season, but Reds chiefs are aware he needs first-team experience and believe he will fare better in the second tier next season.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I think your right, but i think the fear is that if we sell Sturridge and don't buy someone to fill that place in the squad, we would lose firepower,especially if anything happens to the front 3 who starts. Origi has been huge for us but is he the long term solution? Brewster is so young and unproven , but ideally if he hits his stride, then he would be the back up. Jurgen seems to be very selective when it comes to strikers and what he expects from them.
City have also shown us that in order to win the title, you need 5 attackers all in that echelon of player. Sterling, Sane, Aguero, Mahrez, Jesus. All top players in attacking roles. We don't have those extra two scoring threats in comparison, same thing at AM. Silva , KDB and Bernado Silva in comparison we have Shaqiri, Ox (who hasn't played most of the season) , Keita (50/50 season marred with light injuries) and Gini, depending on fitness. This season that AM position and the attacking rotation has been the glaring difference between us and City and if we want to compete at that level, we need to stock those positions as well.
Studge isnt being sold. His contract ends next month and wont be renewed - he is leaving regardless.

Saying that City are showing us what we need and then naming a bunch of players is incorrect because we dont set up or play exactly like them.

Losing studge has little impact on our squads firepower he barely provides any contribution that way anymore- and is more about the legs which he doesnt have, it is one player less to rotate the front players with. If Brewster is fit and can show that he can provide the running we need up front while making good passes and an eye for goal, then we are already better off than last season.

Then Bringing in an additional attacker is simply icing on the cake, or better insurance..

Kopstar

★★★★★★
From the twitter thread.

Apparently the claim is in this article but I don't subscribe to L'Equipe.

This seems to be GFFN's translation

I rate L'Equipe but why would they have the inside track on this?

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
From the twitter thread.

I think our name is just being used to drive up price. The last proper links I've seen is us trying to sign 17/18 year old central defenders.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Or... pics? lol

Youngster Rafa Camacho is another who is likely to leave, having informed the club he will not be signing an extension to his contract.
I think it's also telling that he didn't travel to the CL mini camp in Spain. Probably on his way out. You could also feel which players Klopp maybe had in mind when he said certain things in that interview I posted in the Academy thread. I feel I could recognize Camacho and Woodburn.

Red over the water

We will miss Camacho, as he is talented enough to become an understudy for Trent, but he fancies himself in another position a bit more, and he also wants to play more than he would here. I can’t fault a fella for backing his own ability, and having the resolve to know his mind and then to decide to move on.

Good luck to him - though to a point, as I don’t want to see him tearing it up on the wing for Wolves and giving our fullbacks a hard time!

If we are interested in the young defender at Leipzig (forget his name now) maybe some sort of deal could happen that way? I suspect however, that Camacho will join the handy Portuguese contingent at Molineux.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I think our name is just being used to drive up price. The last proper links I've seen is us trying to sign 17/18 year old central defenders.
I think this is usually the suspicion when our name is mentioned. However, we know that we were complicit with Dortmund in driving up the price for Dembele. I wonder if we are also active participants here in driving up the price Barca have to pay again.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
From the twitter thread.

Koscielny is French isnt he (as is Umtiti)? if his agent wants to get the story out, it's probably as good as any media outlet, if not better.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I wouldn't rule out a foreign media source having an inside scoop. It's happened before. Its also more likely than the guys with links to our club having the news. They don't get told anything till the deal is nearly done. Usually hear a few rumours from other (sometimes quite obscure) sources. Then when it's nearly done boom it's all over the papers close to our club. Not saying anything in this one.

Limiescouse

I only read the english piece, and in that we are mentioned as a tangent...Arsenal are looking to offload Kos because they are trying to buy Umtiti whose prospects at Barca have gone down after being replaced by Lenglet and now with Barca trying to buy De Ligt...who we allegedly are also trying to sign.