The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Don't know where you have that from. From what I can see he is credited with 10 games on the left (8 starts 2 subs) and has scored 5 times in those games. Hardly awful is it? If Lawrence wasn't a near ever present on their left wing maybe he'd have been used there more?
Looking at the below where would you say his best position was?

ositionAppsGoalsAssistsRating
FWR (Forward Right)13807.27
MC (Midfielder Centre)9427.24
AMR (Attacking Midfielder Right)7126.88
AMC (Attacking Midfielder Centre)4107.06
AML (Attacking Midfielder Left)4106.96
Sub (Substitute)4006.19
FWL (Forward Left)3206.82

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Wilson scored a hatful whilst playing on the left for Hull and he's been learning that midfield role in recent months with Derby.

His main problem will be Shaqiri, it just seems unnecessary to have both of them in the squad. Ideally we'd see Wilson replace Shaqiri and a different type of forward being brought in, but I don't think that will happen unfortunately.

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
Wilson scored a hatful whilst playing on the left for Hull and he's been learning that midfield role in recent months with Derby.

His main problem will be Shaqiri, it just seems unnecessary to have both of them in the squad. Ideally we'd see Wilson replace Shaqiri and a different type of forward being brought in, but I don't think that will happen unfortunately.
Might well come down to a straight choice, can see both being given chances in preseason. Think there's pros and cons either way, Wilson is younger, bleeds LFC so highly motivated to succeed for us, and will be earning a lot less. Shaqiri is more experienced and probably more capable of delivering in the 'now' (although personally don't think he's good enough to be a regular starter, which suggests he never will be given his age).

Personally would keep Wilson and move on Shaqiri - who is also likely to command a higher fee. Wilson is excellent at set-piece delivery so we wouldn't even miss out that aspect of what Shaqiri brings.

But we shall see.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Looking at the below where would you say his best position was?

ositionAppsGoalsAssistsRating
FWR (Forward Right)13807.27
MC (Midfielder Centre)9427.24
AMR (Attacking Midfielder Right)7126.88
AMC (Attacking Midfielder Centre)4107.06
AML (Attacking Midfielder Left)4106.96
Sub (Substitute)4006.19
FWL (Forward Left)3206.82
Who scored sometimes use some strange metrics I'm not sure you should put as much store as you seem to be. Lovren always seemed to rate amazing back when he was struggling for instance. But 2 goals in 3 games stands out as a left forward!

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
Lloyd Kelly just signed with Bournemouth according to Sky Sports .... lollol

Don't think anyone has any idea what we're going to do in the transfer market and I love it
Never seen him play, but it's interesting that all the comments from Bristol City fans I've seen don't appear to really rate him. Not in a bitter way, either, but in a 'how the fuck did we get so much for him? Take the money and run' kind of way.

Red over the water

I agree with the notion that there’s only room in the squad for one of Wilson or Shaqiri. You might add Lallana to that too. The amount of minutes available won’t spread between three players, so it should be sold/loan for the other two.

I’m assuming we also make a key signing to add to the forward/wide options.

nikz200

Lloyd Kelly just signed with Bournemouth according to Sky Sports .... lollol

Don't think anyone has any idea what we're going to do in the transfer market and I love it
Everything is speculation till something actually happens. Im sure Kelly was looked at, just not pursued seriously

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Never seen him play, but it's interesting that all the comments from Bristol City fans I've seen don't appear to really rate him. Not in a bitter way, either, but in a 'how the fuck did we get so much for him? Take the money and run' kind of way.
Saw one on Twitter making the point that he hasn't played very much and is actually second choice to someone who is 5 feet 4.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Personally would keep Wilson and move on Shaqiri - who is also likely to command a higher fee. Wilson is excellent at set-piece delivery so we wouldn't even miss out that aspect of what Shaqiri brings.

But we shall see.
I don't know man, Wilson while may have been scoring a lot for Derby in the Championship (Andy Carroll was a monster in that league), I am not sure if he's ready to cut it for us in the Premier League. He also had more starts playing for Derby, and some players aren't able to just turn it on whenever required. Shaqiri may have been seen not doing too well for us, but looking at his numbers, would surprise a few. He clocked 24 appearances with 11 starts, 6 goals in the Premier League with 3 assists to his name. He played 4 and started 2 of our Champs League match, and clocked 2 assists, one of which had us drew level against Barcelona in the Champs League.

You are right that the Swiss will command higher fees compared to Wilson, but it also depends on whether Derby gets into Premier League or now. If they do, fees for Wilson won't be cheap though. He will have the homegrown premium on his price tag as well. Ideally, we give him another year in Derby if they get promoted for him to wet his beak. Next summer offload Shaqiri and replace him with Wilson, and that would be my preference.

MW2833

I don't know man, Wilson while may have been scoring a lot for Derby in the Championship (Andy Carroll was a monster in that league), I am not sure if he's ready to cut it for us in the Premier League. He also had more starts playing for Derby, and some players aren't able to just turn it on whenever required. Shaqiri may have been seen not doing too well for us, but looking at his numbers, would surprise a few. He clocked 24 appearances with 11 starts, 6 goals in the Premier League with 3 assists to his name. He played 4 and started 2 of our Champs League match, and clocked 2 assists, one of which had us drew level against Barcelona in the Champs League.

You are right that the Swiss will command higher fees compared to Wilson, but it also depends on whether Derby gets into Premier League or now. If they do, fees for Wilson won't be cheap though. He will have the homegrown premium on his price tag as well. Ideally, we give him another year in Derby if they get promoted for him to wet his beak. Next summer offload Shaqiri and replace him with Wilson, and that would be my preference.
This is probably the best thing the club can do. Wilson should be given a Premier League loan to a club where he will play regularly and if he excels then replace Shaqiri with him.

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit

Kopstar

★★★★★★

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
£14.5 million. Bournemouth loves wasting money.
Just seen they have signed him
A potential young player, English and British trained is a good risk to take for clubs like Bournemouth, and at below £20m. They are banking on future sales for damn sure and with Howe doing pretty well at grooming young players, may pay off in a few years time. Ake was bought at £20m and I am pretty sure he's about £30-40m bracket now. One big hit can pay their a few failures at one go.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
I must be the only one here who is underwhelmed with Bournemouth's defending.
Aye. I've been championing Ake since seeing him play for Chelsea u18s but I wouldn't touch him now, he hasn't quite developed enough. Would potentially be useful as a utility player but nothing more.

Kelly never made much sense to me after seeing the last 2-3 months of our season. We're at our best when our fullbacks are a part of our attacking play, Kelly wouldn't have been able to offer a similar threat. Chilwell, Sessegnon, Mcneill, Jonny etc might be better shouts. Even Van Aanholt.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Kelly never made much sense to me after seeing the last 2-3 months of our season. We're at our best when our fullbacks are a part of our attacking play, Kelly wouldn't have been able to offer a similar threat. Chilwell, Sessegnon, Mcneill, Jonny etc might be better shouts. Even Van Aanholt.
Starting or backups? If backups, anyone will do as long as they can defend.

LFC4EVR

I must be the only one here who is underwhelmed with Bournemouth's defending.
Dunno I think they're a pretty remarkable team. Done well to come up from lower league and have placed with well in the premier league. Howe's done an awesome job. Defence played it's part.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
No reason why we can't have a backup who plays the same way.
We can, but don't have spunk truck loads for it. Obviously having strong defensive attribute would be much more welcome for me than attacking minded fullbacks for backup. Having an all rounder would not be cheap.

Who also dont look particularly impressive.
Not for us, of course not. Bournemouth, is not even close to our level. Not sweating over us not signing him.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Dunno I think they're a pretty remarkable team. Done well to come up from lower league and have placed with well in the premier league. Howe's done an awesome job. Defence played it's part.
Obviously Howe has done a great job - but that defence leaks like a sieve. Conceded 70 this season in the league leaving them with a minus goal difference. Only two teams conceding more.

nikz200

So now that Lloyd Kelly is off the table, who is next in line for the left back options?
I have to admit i know very little about Adam Lewis to make a case for him to be the back up option.

Also Carra seems to be open to idea of us bringing coutinho back and even mentioned that while city has Bernado Silva, David Silva and De Bruyne, we lack the quality of player in that position.

For me, it would have to be a significantly low price if we were to bring coutinho back. Personally if we had options i would try and sign a marquee player, but if we did get coutinho back ,at least we wouldn't have to wait for him to fit back into the system. Dortmund once brought Goetze back into their lineup even though he screwed them over.......

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
I see Graeme Kelly keeping up his impressive results of getting everything wrong re transfers. (Latest one the lad from Bristol)
Only thing he ever got right was Brendon’s sacking. He called that on the Friday and he went on the Sunday.
What’s this Grizz Kahn like for info - reckons the lad from Bristol was a smokescreen and he said that the other day.