• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
He has had a terrible time with injuries so i do honestly have a little sympathy for him and truly wish him the best.
I do too. But he actually has done very less during last 5 years.
18/19 - 4 goals 2 assist in 818 minutes
17/18 - 3 goals 3 assist in 630 minutes
16/17 - 7 goals 3 assist in 1193 minutes
15/16 - 13 goals 2 assist in 1600 minutes
14/15 - 5 goals 2 assist in 1217 minutes
13/14 - 25 goals 9 assist in 2267 minutes.

The last 5 seasons are not the numbers of a first choice striker. Not even a second choice striker. While I have sympathy for him, I just feel disappointed that a world class strikers career has gone nuts like this. :((

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
Youngster Rafa Camacho is another who is likely to leave, having informed the club he will not be signing an extension to his contract.

The Portugal under-20 international, like Clyne, will enter the final year of his deal next month and has been watched by Wolves, RB Leipzig and Sporting CP, among others. Liverpool value him at £10m ($13m).

Both Daniel Sturridge and Alberto Moreno are set to leave when their contracts expire, while there have been enquiries over Marko Grujic, Taiwo Awoniyi, Ryan Kent, Harry Wilson and Sheyi Ojo, all of whom spent last season out on loan.

Championship outfit Hull, meanwhile, are keen on signing teenager Ben Woodburn on a season-long loan deal. The Wales international spent an unhappy spell at Sheffield United last season, but Reds chiefs are aware he needs first-team experience and believe he will fare better in the second tier next season.

Guaranteed to have been tapped up by Wolves.

Drubas

I just don't see us adding a centre back unless someone is leaving. And I have a feeling Klopp wants to keep a door open for both Arroyo and Ki-Jana.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
See we are linked with Fekir again after it’s confirmed he will leave.
Not sure why LFC fans are getting excited. We didn’t sign him a year ago due to fucked knees. We ain’t going back a year later.

Last edited:

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
See we are linked with Fekir again after it’s confirmed he will leave.
Not sure why LFC fans are getting excited. We didn’t sign him a year ago due to fucked knees. We ain’t going back a year later.
I just looked at his stats,
He played 39 games last season,
Inc 6 in the champs league,
Maybe his knees aren't that bad, and if lyon drop their asking price, then maybe?

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Did he even have that great of a season? Looks like he scored just half as many as the previous season.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Your hypothesis was that he was only half as productive as in the previous season; the implication being that that meant he wasn’t worth pursuing.
Pedantic to the n'th degree! Fekir didn't set records last season Salah did. Fekir wasn't still top scorer this season Salah was. @Zinedine Biscan had a great point you've just turned it silly. Fekir was a high performing attacking midfielder we nearly signed and something (probably his proneness to future injury) scared us off. He's now even more readily available (something that wasn't a barrier anyway) so people are asking should we go back in. As ZB points out though he isn't even performing as well. Why would we?

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
I just looked at his stats,
He played 39 games last season,
Inc 6 in the champs league,
Maybe his knees aren't that bad, and if lyon drop their asking price, then maybe?
You don’t do the Melwood lean, choose your number, agree terms, do lfctv interview if a fee hasn’t been agreed and permission granted.
The fee was set, we matched it. Medical was failed.
Don’t get me wrong I’d love him here but I don’t see us going back. Hope I’m wrong.
His stats since injury are just like everyone else’s so no idea why Lfc didn’t take the risk.
What I do find odd is that Fekir, his agent, Lyon and lfc have never muttered a word about move falling through

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Looking at Fekir last season and this (on available information on transfermarkt so blame them if inaccurate);

Last season he played 40 times with average time spent on pitch per appearance at 81 minutes per game. Scored 23 assisted 8. Goal contribution every 104 minutes.

This season he played 39 times with average time spent on pitch per appearance at 72 minutes per game. Scored 12 assisted 9. Goal contribution every 134 minutes.

We didn't find him unavailable to us last season so being more readily available this summer is meaningless. His performances haven't improved enough to persuade us to take a chance on him dispute whatever scared us off. He's actually regressed a little. I wouldn't be expecting this one to happen.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I have a feeling that once the Champions League Final is played out all the big transfers will start.
I've got the feeling at least one big transfer will happen for us within a month of the final. Followed by another mid summer and a couple of smaller deals such as back up keeper. That'll be us done then. Just lots and lots of outgoings that we won't miss.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Looking at Fekir last season and this (on available information on transfermarkt so blame them if inaccurate);

Last season he played 40 times with average time spent on pitch per appearance at 81 minutes per game. Scored 23 assisted 8. Goal contribution every 104 minutes.

This season he played 39 times with average time spent on pitch per appearance at 72 minutes per game. Scored 12 assisted 9. Goal contribution every 134 minutes.

We didn't find him unavailable to us last season so being more readily available this summer is meaningless. His performances haven't improved enough to persuade us to take a chance on him dispute whatever scared us off. He's actually regressed a little. I wouldn't be expecting this one to happen.
It's almost as if there's something that's causing Lyon to manage his game time.

GaryBarlow99

With Fekir it might depend on wages and his price with 12 months left on his contract. He's had a few injuries this year but they weren't knee related. Still think he is an ideal player for what we need.