The Unreliable Rumours Thread

LFCFFC

I see Graeme Kelly keeping up his impressive results of getting everything wrong re transfers. (Latest one the lad from Bristol)
Only thing he ever got right was Brendon’s sacking. He called that on the Friday and he went on the Sunday.
What’s this Grizz Kahn like for info - reckons the lad from Bristol was a smokescreen and he said that the other day.
How he's still remotely considered ITK is beyond me. From memory, didn't call a single one of our transfers last summer, but he did say Jack Butland was a lock.

Can't wait to see the twitter reaction when we announce a random Dutch left back no one's heard of.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
A potential young player, English and British trained is a good risk to take for clubs like Bournemouth, and at below £20m. They are banking on future sales for damn sure and with Howe doing pretty well at grooming young players, may pay off in a few years time. Ake was bought at £20m and I am pretty sure he's about £30-40m bracket now. One big hit can pay their a few failures at one go.
I’ll raise you solanke, Ibe and Jones for £40m

Herb

Lloyd Kelly has struggled for most of the season to get into Bristol City’s first team. Madness imo to think he’d be a capable understudy to Andy Robbo at this stage of his career.

604LFC"YNWA"

I think the team have money to spend, but I don't think they will make any big splashes like last season. They only need to spend on a true No.10 and a full back.
However, if there is a star player available, it's good to know the club can match any offers :-)

big noyd

What’s this Grizz Kahn like for info - reckons the lad from Bristol was a smokescreen and he said that the other day.
complete bullshit artist IMO, but i still check in on him anyway

billy ballbag is saying we're in for de ligt now. maybe there'd be enough game time for gomez if we occasionally used a back 3

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust

billy ballbag is saying we're in for de ligt now. maybe there'd be enough game time for gomez if we occasionally used a back 3
Who is billy ball bag?

AussieLad

TIA Regular

Even without switching to a back 3 I bet there would still be plenty of game time for Gomez. Remember that VVD played (I think) every minute of the league and C/L campaign, so by bringing in someone like De Ligt, that would mean VVD could be rested and playing De Ligt and Gomez or rotating between those 2 to play alongside VVD.

What it would mean is that 1 of Lovren or Matip would be leaving this summer with the other one being 4th choice - but would either accept that role?

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Even without switching to a back 3 I bet there would still be plenty of game time for Gomez. Remember that VVD played (I think) every minute of the league and C/L campaign, so by bringing in someone like De Ligt, that would mean VVD could be rested and playing De Ligt and Gomez or rotating between those 2 to play alongside VVD.

What it would mean is that 1 of Lovren or Matip would be leaving this summer with the other one being 4th choice - but would either accept that role?
My view is we probably see Hoever as similar to De Ligt and will want Jan to progress. He looks an incredible talent, looked dam fine in the game v's Wolves as well. Considering Klopp played Trent at 18 at right back, I don't see why Hoever won't get minutes next season there as a start point.

Red over the water

Gomez was starting to look like a £50M+ talent in the first half of the season and I expect that to resume. I agree about Hoever too, he really looks a player, and there’s no reason why he can’t have a big future if he keeps going.

If we sign De Ligt I won’t be upset, as he’s obviously a good player and you want to sign those! But it would all seem a bit too much in the position for now. If it is De Ligt in and Lovren out, fine, it’s an upgrade, and we’ll let Klopp sort out the pecking order and game time.

But more important priorities are signing another for the front three - Pepe, Bergwijn, someone fast like that, who can play wide and weigh in with goals. Obviously we need to think about how Robbo is going to get a rest too.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Gomez was starting to look like a £50M+ talent in the first half of the season and I expect that to resume. I agree about Hoever too, he really looks a player, and there’s no reason why he can’t have a big future if he keeps going.

If we sign De Ligt I won’t be upset, as he’s obviously a good player and you want to sign those! But it would all seem a bit too much in the position for now. If it is De Ligt in and Lovren out, fine, it’s an upgrade, and we’ll let Klopp sort out the pecking order and game time.

But more important priorities are signing another for the front three - Pepe, Bergwijn, someone fast like that, who can play wide and weigh in with goals. Obviously we need to think about how Robbo is going to get a rest too.
I agree, if we have a budget I'd prefer we go all out in a position we really need to strengthen i.e. a forward as you say. My old thinking for De Ligt was probably warped by the Football Manager thread and fudging figures to have £250mil to spend!

If we signed a back up left back and a top class forward I think we look sound for next season.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
My view is we probably see Hoever as similar to De Ligt and will want Jan to progress. He looks an incredible talent, looked dam fine in the game v's Wolves as well. Considering Klopp played Trent at 18 at right back, I don't see why Hoever won't get minutes next season there as a start point.
He does, but at 16 going on 17, he surely will not be considered for too key a role. At best he would be used in the League Cup and FA Cup with maybe a few appearances of the bench if we need to use him as injury cover.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
He does, but at 16 going on 17, he surely will not be considered for too key a role. At best he would be used in the League Cup and FA Cup with maybe a few appearances of the bench if we need to use him as injury cover.
He turned 17 in Jan, I'm not saying drop him into a starting role or even back up but you can easily see him part of a succession plan.

Lovren - 29
Matip - 27
Van Dijk - 27
Gomez - 21
Hoever - 17

I think Van Dijk / Matip will be out 1st choice defense next season until Gomez regains full fitness and takes back the slot next to him. Lovren will leave next summer, by that point Hoever is 18 and ready to play minutes when needed.

rab

Repeat after me...

We. Are. Not. Signing. De Ligt.

We had the best defence in the league. We have a quartet of centre backs to compete with any club in Europe. That's four players for two spots or more realistically, three players competing to play next to VvD.

We do however, only have one left footed left back, four players for the front three with one of those being Origi and no one in midfield that you'd consider to be a creator. Oh and were likely to sell our backup keeper.

De Ligt is a great player with huge potential but he's not what we need right now. He's also a Raiola client and I'm pretty sure we don't have access to his pool of players.

Herb

Seen a few rumours of Depay being our number one attacking target. Thoughts?
Undoubtedly a very skilled player. But the question mark remains over his character. This is the bloke who turned up to a Manchester United reserve game in a Rolls Royce wearing a cowboy hat and a leather jacket after being dropped for a string of poor performances and being told by his club captain to rein it in a tad.

Maybe the lad has matured since then and often players like this get tarnished with reputations that aren’t completely justified, but judging by how he has acted at Lyon throughout his time there I’d say maybe he’s not the type Klopp would be keen on having in our dressing room.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Undoubtedly a very skilled player. But the question mark remains over his character. This is the bloke who turned up to a Manchester United reserve game in a Rolls Royce wearing a cowboy hat and a leather jacket after being dropped for a string of poor performances and being told by his club captain to rein it in a tad.

Maybe the lad has matured since then and often players like this get tarnished with reputations that aren’t completely justified, but judging by how he has acted at Lyon throughout his time there I’d say maybe he’s not the type Klopp would be keen on having in our dressing room.
Klopp won't make any serious attempts to sign the guy unless all the talk of his personality issues are hot air.

Lynch04

Smeg Head
I will reiterate a point iv raised before. I trust in Klopp/Edwards, people will ask why we are not signing De Ligt (sp) etc, the same people probably questioned the signing of Shaqiri and AOC.
I personally believe we need a player with the same attributes as Firmino. Although we havent missed him (fortunately) since his injury, he is a rare player in what he brings/offers the team.
Additionally, we need a LB and if Mingolet moves on, a back up keeper. I find it refreshing that i am not calling for a overhaul of the squad.
With my limited knowledge of talented/up and coming players, the one player i would like us to sign is Insigne. I know he is late 20’s but he is the only player (from my limited viewing) who can offer us what Bobby does apart from Suarez.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Ryan Fraser is one of Klopps summer targets.
This does not surprised me one bit. He is looking for a versatile attacker, he did say that and a backup leftback. So I am prepared to see him sell a few just to buy 2 that we really need to cover our current first 11.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Seen a few rumours of Depay being our number one attacking target. Thoughts?
Trouble with Depay is he loves himself. It’s all about him.
Got to united and thought he’d made it. He was a huge failure.
But....maybe he’s changed his ways after a few years in France. He has the talent and Klopp will soon make him lose that ego.

Anfield rd Dreamer

The Scottish shaq
Ryan Fraser (with his sole Championship medal and playing for Bournemouth being the peak of his career) is the Scottish Shaqiri with his 5 league titles and champions league medal and having played for 2 of the biggest sides in the game (Bayern Munich and Liverpool)? Now if you'd said he had the potential to be a winger version of Robertson maybe.

Foldy

I just see him being another Balotelli, great skill but unable to reach his full potential due to his massive ego. He'd be like a turd in a swimming pool within the squad but the again if anyone can get a player to become a team player then Klopp is the man.