The Unreliable Rumours Thread

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
I don't know....if it was Hodgson trying to buy Fraser, I would be like...what the hell....but its Klopp, who have picked up Robertson, so if he sees something in him, then so be it. As I said before, the problem with players like Sturridge is not his quality. Even with his injuries, Sturridge is still one of the best attacking English players in the league but with Klopp, its more about suitability. When he has to replace someone in the first team, Klopp wants to be able to keep the shape he wants as much as he can and not the shape to adapt to the sub. So if Fraser fits his idea of a good squad player to rotate and backup, then so be it.

GermanRed

Ryan Fraser is gash. Would be disappointed if he was our attacking signing.
The Scottish shaq
Off the bench he's a game changer but is he Liverpool quality? Perhaps.
If you'd ask me a year ago if i would prefer Fraser or Shaqiri i would have said Shaqiri will be the better player rightaway but Fraser has the bigger potential and is more of a 'Klopp type of player' than Shaq.

For the same price as Shaq it would be a no brainer. Even for £20m it would be ok because of the home grown criteria. But for more than that -so sorry no.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
If you'd ask me a year ago if i would prefer Fraser or Shaqiri i would have said Shaqiri will be the better player rightaway but Fraser has the bigger potential and is more of a 'Klopp type of player' than Shaq.

For the same price as Shaq it would be a no brainer. Even for £20m it would be ok because of the home grown criteria. But for more than that -so sorry no.
Fraser's not home grown.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Even with his injuries, Sturridge is still one of the best attacking English players in the league
Are You actually being serious? If he was that good then surely we would have had loads of teams at looking for him at least on loan instead of just wba

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Re Fraser - ive seen quotes of them wanting £30m.
Bournemouth must still owe us for Solanke (cant imagine they paid the £21m all in one go) and if they buy Clynne then those 2 deals pretty much pay for him

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Are You actually being serious? If he was that good then surely we would have had loads of teams at looking for him at least on loan instead of just wba
Yes i am being serious. He is not sought after because of his injuries, not because he lack quality. He is a very good player wrecked by injuries. No top teams is going to waste any of their budget on an injury prone player like him.

A striker who scores 1 in less than 3 appearances even with his injuries and limited appearances in recent years, there are players better than him, but not many.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Yes i am being serious. He is not sought after because of his injuries, not because he lack quality. He is a very good player wrecked by injuries. No top teams is going to waste any of their budget on an injury prone player like him.

A striker who scores 1 in less than 3 appearances even with his injuries and limited appearances in recent years, there are players better than him, but not many.
Yeah, but you said ‘even with his injuries’. Think that was the point of confusion.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist

If he was as good as you say he still is then there would be at least lower to middle range premier league teams wanting to at least take him on loan but as I said only wba were bothered and even when he was fit he didn't do anything.
Yeah when he was on his game for those 2ish seasons he was what you say but the injuries took their toll on him and is only a shell of the player he was. Shame but that is just way it is.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
If he was as good as you say he still is then there would be at least lower to middle range premier league teams wanting to at least take him on loan but as I said only wba were bothered and even when he was fit he didn't do anything.
Yeah when he was on his game for those 2ish seasons he was what you say but the injuries took their toll on him and is only a shell of the player he was. Shame but that is just way it is.
Inter Milan are quite a good team and were interested. Some people even had a bet on it...

[Decision due to be released in the next few days]

hoosierred

I think his point was that even diminished by injuries Sturridge is still a very effective striker (based on his per minute goal return and the finishing ability he still possesses). The high injury risk it what scares teams off.

Because he can no longer run, he doesn't give us what Klopp really wants for the side. And because he can no longer be relied on to stay fit, others are reluctant to take on his salary. But there is still quality there.

I agree with you - it is a shame, but its the way it is and i do expect him to move on this summer.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Inter Milan are quite a good team and were interested. Some people even had a bet on it...

[Decision due to be released in the next few days]
He didn't go there and we don't even know that it was true or what inter we offering if they were ut usually itian clubs take the piss when it comes to wages and loan fees

So OK wba and a basically average inter side, so who else was in for this 'still one of the best english strikers around'

Any update on this new lad we are signing ahead of the champ lge final ?

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
I think his point was that even diminished by injuries Sturridge is still a very effective striker (based on his per minute goal return and the finishing ability he still possesses). The high injury risk it what scares teams off.

Because he can no longer run, he doesn't give us what Klopp really wants for the side. And because he can no longer be relied on to stay fit, others are reluctant to take on his salary. But there is still quality there.

I agree with you - it is a shame, but its the way it is and i do expect him to move on this summer.
Ya but his minutes per goals ratio is so good because of those 2 good seasons which at the time ya definitely he was the best finisher in the Premier league but I think the injuries him not only physically but mentally as well

hoosierred

Ya but his minutes per goals ratio is so good because of those 2 good seasons which at the time ya definitely he was the best finisher in the Premier league but I think the injuries him not only physically but mentally as well
According to Whoscored, he had 4 goals in 500 minutes in the EPL this season (1 every 125) which is a very good ratio.

Small sample size, and we can all see the pace is gone, but he still produced goals.

Red over the water

Sturridge has a lot of quality, and also a lot of injuries!

If he's on a free someone might take a punt, but they will know they can't count on him too much. Still, they may reason that they might get a few goals out of him in the limited appearances he will likely make. The sort of deal on offer to him will probably be heavily weighted in the direction of appearances, or goals, with only a modest guaranteed wage.

You never say never, and I wish him the best of luck in the remainder of his career, but I think he's all but finished at the high end. I'd love it if he signed off with the fourth or fifth if we hammer Spurs in the CL final!

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
According to Whoscored, he had 4 goals in 500 minutes in the EPL this season (1 every 125) which is a very good ratio.

Small sample size, and we can all see the pace is gone, but he still produced goals.
At the very start of the season, yes. And it's more like a goal every 220 mins. He only had 2 in the league, 4 overall.

Sturridge hasn't scored for us in over 7 months. Hasn't played an awful lot but was pretty awful when he did.

He can play a nice pass, that's about it now.

Limiescouse

At the very start of the season, yes. And it's more like a goal every 220 mins. He only had 2 in the league, 4 overall.

Sturridge hasn't scored for us in over 7 months. Hasn't played an awful lot but was pretty awful when he did.

His performances were, sadly, terrible in the run in. We've tried to modify his role and play him deeper, limiting his need to get in behind, and even that hasnt worked. Even the Huddersfield game that quickly became a procession he still looked no more than a passenger. Liverpool players were routinely ignoring him when looking for options, and he ended up dropping so deep to get touches that even Huddersfield started ignoring him. He ended up just standing around the center circle while a game of attack vs defense happened around him.

hoosierred

I misread the counts... that is still a respectable strike rate, and he has contributed with his vision and pacing - i recall a lovely back heel to create a goal recently. But as we have noticed, his overall performances have declined greatly.

If Brewster is ready and Origi stays, we might have enough depth up front, but it does seem like Sturridge is on his way out, and more cover in the attacking positions (along with LB/RB) seem like the teams biggest needs for the summer.

I am expecting a rather disappointing summer in terms of incoming transfers, but hope we might have a surprise or two and see at least one difference maker join the team. If not, I'm still optimistic for next season - the team is young, Ox is returning, and there are several players who have not yet reached their peak.

Red over the water

Yes please to Leroy Sane.

In all likelihood it's silly season as Walshy says, but because he is such a good player, I want to imagine how it could happen...

Man City are about to be punished. Or at least, a ruling on that is forthcoming, and they will fight it tooth and nail. But chances are they need a course correction, as the way they are going about their business (image rights, inflated sponsorship deals, inter-company movement of funds) will keep them perpetually in hot water, and there is a risk they will be kicked to touch by the European elites if they don't at least somewhat get their house in order.

So let's imagine they are chastened to the point that they have to play fair for a while. They don't want to lose Sane but he won't sign a new deal for them, Guardiola just mentioned this. It's been on offer for 18 months, but he won't sign and so they decide to cash in, as they need the money because, you know, they are being forced to operate like a normal football club, at least for a while as they are under scrutiny.

Bayern Munich want him. So do we. And our interest has been longstanding. We wanted him at the time he went to City.

Sane considers the options. He sees what we just did to Bayern Munich.

Game on! I've just convinced myself. It truly is silly season.