• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

ptt

2020, head of the table.
I'll believe it when I see it.

We can't ignore that our first choice three are off to yet another summer tournament. They'll be back to pre-season later than the rest of the squad. There's a lot of minutes in their legs from the last two years and we've been lucky with injuries with all of them but next season will require some rest and rotation.

Are Origi, Wilson and Brewster enough cover? I also think there's a chance Origi might push to move whilst his stock is high or hold off signing a new contract. He knows he's nothing but a squad option here.
Let me slightly re-phrase your question. Are Origi, Wilson and a young Robbie Fowler good enough as a second 3? Well, swap Wilson for say a striking version of Gary Mc when he came in and yes.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
If we don't sign any more attacking options it wouldn't surprise me to see us employing the 442 diamond a little more often next season, particularly when one of our front 3 needs a rest or is out injured. It's not too dissimilar to our current 433 anyway and we have a plenty of good midfielders who'll want game time.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
The only definite need is cover at LB. Ox will be ready next season, Brewster will be ready to play, and I expect Kieta to be firing on all cylinders. Depending on how you feel about Milner at LB, maybe not even that is a definite (I'd like someone else in the squad capable).

Personally I'd also like to see competition or a rotation option for the front 3, but I think klopp will give Brewster or wilson some time. Brewster is the one to watch for me. I hope he takes his chance when it comes. If he doesn't, I expect klopp will go into the market, but I think Brewster gets his chance first.
We need cover for Trent also. Gomez is a CB who can stand in as a defensive RB if needed. Milner, bless him, is getting a bit long in the tooth to be charging up and down the pitch for 90 minutes, which is what Robbo and Trent are required to do in this system and Gomez simply hasn't got the right skill set. What we need to recruit is an attacking FB who can play on both flanks. Unfortunately good ones are difficult to find, even on Football Manager!

rab

Let me slightly re-phrase your question. Are Origi, Wilson and a young Robbie Fowler good enough as a second 3? Well, swap Wilson for say a striking version of Gary Mc when he came in and yes.
Let me re-phrase your answer.

If we're relying on Brewster to be the second coming of one of the most gifted finishers this club has ever seen and Wilson to be upgraded on then quite clearly what we have isn't enough.

I wouldn't mind having both Wilson and Brewster involved but I'd still definitely want someone else to be a wide option in that front three. Let's not forget, goal aside, Origi was absolutely woeful in that final and hasn't really looked a good enough all round player to be relied on as cover for the front three.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Personally I think Ryan sessegnon would be a good signing.
Into his last year so his price will be a bargain. And I’m convinced Klopp can work with him enough to mould him into cover down the entire left side.
It would be a low risk signing.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
We need cover for Trent also. Gomez is a CB who can stand in as a defensive RB if needed. Milner, bless him, is getting a bit long in the tooth to be charging up and down the pitch for 90 minutes, which is what Robbo and Trent are required to do in this system and Gomez simply hasn't got the right skill set. What we need to recruit is an attacking FB who can play on both flanks. Unfortunately good ones are difficult to find, even on Football Manager!
If Comacho goes I fully agree

SadiosMio

True. If Origi was to stay though and we sign nobody else up front, we should keep Wilson and Kent. Selling all of our options doesn’t make sense.
I can't see a place for Kent. He's at Best like the 8th choice forward. Best case is he goes back to rangers, hits double figure goals and assists, rangers wins the league and then he's sold for 20-25m.

wibseyred

The two touches for the goal aside he was absolutely awful. You can celebrate his goal and still acknowledge his performance was pretty terrible.
To be fair you can label that accusation at all the outfield players bar Virg, Matip and Mane. When big D needed that bit of quality and composure he had it.

Maria

FIFA Club Champions of The World
Ad-free Member
I just don't believe it. It is just too good to be true. No way, Mbappe is coming to EPL.

SadiosMio

This seriously does show why Liverpool needs to sign with Nike for the kit deal. This is all taking place on their world HQ campus. Sign with Nike and they'll have an interest in getting their stars to where they can have the most impact worldwide, like they do with Barcelona now. Liverpool is the right team in the right league for that in the English speaking world. Lebron will be retiring in a few years but he'll still be a huge influencer and perhaps get even more involved with LFC ambassadorship.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
I don't get it, how is this credible enough to open a thread? Unless its because someone actually comes out and says Mbappe is considering coming.
Don’t go pissing on our party when we are all dreaming of Mbappe in a red shirt.
Let us dream a little longer...till it happens, Then we can all go totally bonkers:celebrating:

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has been told to make sure he replaces departed duo - Spain defender Alberto Moreno, 26, and 29-year-old striker Daniel Sturridge. (Star)

And Klopp, 52, is keen to replace no.2 goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, 31, who is expected to leave this summer, with Southampton's Alex McCarthy, 29, as back up to first-choice keeper Alisson. (Mirror)

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has been told to make sure he replaces departed duo - Spain defender Alberto Moreno, 26, and 29-year-old striker Daniel Sturridge. (Star)

And Klopp, 52, is keen to replace no.2 goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, 31, who is expected to leave this summer, with Southampton's Alex McCarthy, 29, as back up to first-choice keeper Alisson. (Mirror)

‘Jurgen Klopp has been told to make sure’

Somebody at the club has a massive set of balls and no reality filter....

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
If we sign m’bappe I will have that fucking Hanson song in my head every time he plays.