The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Noo Noo

Exactly this.

We have two out and out fullbacks in our entire squad. A position key to both our defensive strength and attacking potency has zero real depth and yet some are looking at CB and CM as priority areas.

We can't go into the season happy with the cover being a centre back who is continually labeled injury prone (although I disagree with that assessment), a 33 year old central midfielder and a kid who has never made the match day squad.

Fullback and wide forward are priority one. Anything else we do is just replacing out going players that currently offer depth like Migs and Lallana or bringing in a young development player
Agreed, huge sense.

I'm really looking forward to this transfer season purely to see what direction we take.

Full backs are a huge priority. They have to be, one way or another but after that it gets interesting. There's valid arguments for lots of positions being improved, providing cover or even just offering something a little different.

Reactions: rab

waldaz

TIA Youth Team
So the price is set, whether anyone will go that high remains to be seen. In that case maybe we'll go back for old targets like Lascelles, Tarkowski etc.?

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Lovren has never played more than 7 games in a row for us.
Sounds about right. Sounds small.

Out of interest though it’d be interesting to see how many all the other players have managed in a row.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
We want £25m according to rumours.
With the fees we usually look for, solanke etc., in today's market, 25 mil doesn't sound like a lot. Must really be seen as fourth choice from inside the club, not just by all of us.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
With the fees we usually look for, solanke etc., in today's market, 25 mil doesn't sound like a lot. Must really be seen as fourth choice from inside the club, not just by all of us.
He’s also got a year left on his contract, and his really injury prone. £25m seems decent to me.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Offer Degsy and £45M to Ajax for De Ligt - replacement sorted - although I don't think we need a player like De Ligt coming in. Maybe offer a swapsie for Neres, De Beek or Zeiyech.

SadiosMio

Sounds from Paul Joyce like this is much more an idea than an actual inquiry by milan at this point.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
As I said a week or so back (when discussing De Ligt). I fully expect Lovren to be gone this summer to an Italian club. There is going to be a centerback merry go around this summer. If you want a international CB at a reasonable price Lovren probably appears on your radar.

My bet would be Koulibaly is sold by Napoli and Lovren comes in as his replacement. Would not also bet against Roma as well, who will most likely lose Manolas.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
According to Joyce, the £25m is the "minimum amount Liverpool would need to be offered to even consider it"
I think we’d take £25m, and that stance is probably more like ‘don’t even think about any loaning him for a year and then promising to pay later bullshit’

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
I think we’d take £25m, and that stance is probably more like ‘don’t even think about any loaning him for a year and then promising to pay later bullshit’
Yeah, I think giving them £25m is fair enough to take him for the last two years of his contract.

(Kidding and personal beef aside, its a fair enough price given his age, injury record, and contract situation. And yeah, no more faffing about with Italian clubs and their incessant demands for test drives.)

Anfield rd Dreamer

Granted... but you do see though, assuming he's happy to stay, how that makes him an ideal 4th choice CB?

We won't need him to play that many games and he already knows the system.
Complete opposite. You might use your third choice intentionally to rotate and keep your 1st and 2nd choices fresh but your 4th choice will usually be unintentionally needed due to injuries, suspensions and such. May plan to use them for the odd game in the cups and such but not many times. You need your 4th choice for when the shit hits the fan. Lovren is more and more likely to be unavailable when we need him.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Herb

Can AC Milan even afford a £25m transfer? I’m sure I remember hearing about them being in a bit of a mess with FFP, potentially having to sell Suso to raise funds and something to do with their Europa League participation being in doubt for next season.

Sweeting

Trolling at its finest;

"Yes we will accept our academy winger isn't good enough for our team and sell him to a team at a lower level or league. But we want the same kind of fee as United just paid for their first team signing as he's clearly just as good a talent!"!
Not our fault Man Utd are completely incompetant.

scouseheadross

Septical
I think we could well sell Lovren as I got the impression Klopp was irked to call on him only for him to be injured. Then go on international duty. Questionable his mental strength too.

If we do get rid, we need someone who can actually play left side understudy to Virgil. Matip, Gomez haven't been tried there. Lascelles, de ligt (ffs!) play right too.

Tarkowski plays left doesn't he? Might be an ok option - tough, reliable, reasonably quick, fairly inexpensive, young, professional, previously scouted. Does not exactly scream quality or get you excited though! Bit of a thankless task being understudy to Mr fantastic though, so maybe the right sort of player to get in.

SpecialK210

We're Never Gonna Stop
Can AC Milan even afford a £25m transfer? I’m sure I remember hearing about them being in a bit of a mess with FFP, potentially having to sell Suso to raise funds and something to do with their Europa League participation being in doubt for next season.
After they sell Donnarumma they can.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
What if they truely rooly really wheely pinky promise?