• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

SadiosMio

This seriously does show why Liverpool needs to sign with Nike for the kit deal. This is all taking place on their world HQ campus. Sign with Nike and they'll have an interest in getting their stars to where they can have the most impact worldwide, like they do with Barcelona now. Liverpool is the right team in the right league for that in the English speaking world. Lebron will be retiring in a few years but he'll still be a huge influencer and perhaps get even more involved with LFC ambassadorship.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
I don't get it, how is this credible enough to open a thread? Unless its because someone actually comes out and says Mbappe is considering coming.
Don’t go pissing on our party when we are all dreaming of Mbappe in a red shirt.
Let us dream a little longer...till it happens, Then we can all go totally bonkers:celebrating:

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has been told to make sure he replaces departed duo - Spain defender Alberto Moreno, 26, and 29-year-old striker Daniel Sturridge. (Star)

And Klopp, 52, is keen to replace no.2 goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, 31, who is expected to leave this summer, with Southampton's Alex McCarthy, 29, as back up to first-choice keeper Alisson. (Mirror)

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has been told to make sure he replaces departed duo - Spain defender Alberto Moreno, 26, and 29-year-old striker Daniel Sturridge. (Star)

And Klopp, 52, is keen to replace no.2 goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, 31, who is expected to leave this summer, with Southampton's Alex McCarthy, 29, as back up to first-choice keeper Alisson. (Mirror)

‘Jurgen Klopp has been told to make sure’

Somebody at the club has a massive set of balls and no reality filter....

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
If we sign m’bappe I will have that fucking Hanson song in my head every time he plays.

redaderry

I doubt that Mbappe is coming here and IMO he just doesn't seem right for Klopp's Liverpool. He has an over inflated ego already (not quite the Neymar zeppelin grade one yet though) and would be best suited to one of those star studded X-factoresque clubs where it's as much about the image as the on-field abiity. He's be a very unsettling influence in our current squad IMO.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
What, it took us winning a big trophy for LeBron to start parading with LFC symbols? From attending that first Liverpool v United game he was involved in the club to seeing we're crap, going silent over it for years up until now.

lol

Kopstar

★★★★★★
If we sign m’bappe I will have that fucking Hanson song in my head every time he plays.
That's true. Not sure it's worth that.
I doubt that Mbappe is coming here and IMO he just doesn't seem right for Klopp's Liverpool. He has an over inflated ego already (not quite the Neymar zeppelin grade one yet though) and would be best suited to one of those star studded X-factoresque clubs where it's as much about the image as the on-field abiity. He's be a very unsettling influence in our current squad IMO.
??

Klopp seems to say the opposite. What has given you that impression?

rab

‘Jurgen Klopp has been told to make sure’

Somebody at the club has a massive set of balls and no reality filter....
If you read the piece you'll see it's all based on Neil Mellor's personal opinion.

Great example of how a small pile of nothing can be turned into a "transfer story".

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
That isn’t what Maddox said. He said Aouer (plucking the player out as a hypothetical) was a player on everyone’s radar, and Liverpool would probably have an interest in the player if he was available. He also said he thought Lyon wouldn’t sell this summer.

The ‘two players’ this was an opinion, not a statement of fact.

I think the interview is available just up this thread.

That’s my James Pearce thing done for this evening.