The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Spitfire

Resident Realist
Because he didn't get to win the European Cup with the greatest club in the world obviously.
He doesn't get to play with Salah, Mane, Bobby, Fab, Virgil etc. etc . anymore , and most importantly he doesn't get Klopp hugs now.
Yep I get all that - that's how we see it.

IF he thought we were the greatest club in the world he would still be here..........,.

In reality though as he sits in a beach chair in some exotic remote location enjoying his off season figuring whether he should buy a Porsche or Ferrari with his next pay cheque , I bet he regrets fuck all really!

Kopstar

★★★★★★

Roughly translated "The lads at the paper have noticed that I haven't got a fucking scooby doo about the club since Brodge left, and have gotten sick of the blag. I'm going to start a blog and a Brenno tribute band called Quality Character."
The new opportunity to cover the reds that he refers to is when he reports on their games away at Leicester for the Leicester Mercury.

Last edited:

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member

Roughly translated "The lads at the paper have noticed that I haven't got a fucking scooby doo about the club since Brodge left, and have gotten sick of the blag. I'm going to start a blog and a Brenno tribute band called Quality Character."
That is abit harsh Ubermick. I thought he was a good sports reporter overall and his interviews with the manager and various players. It is going to be strange, not seeing his LFC tweets.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Latest rumor has us triggering Junior Firpo's
£45 million release clause to bring him in as a backup for Andy Robertson.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Junior Firpo?

Is he the brother of Charlie and Johnny Firpo?lol

costared

TIA Reserve Team
"LFC not interested in player x." It's very easy to do these tweets you know.
May be easy but he seemed to say "not interested" when everyone else was sayin we were interested, and he always seemed to be right. I will miss him but I am sure we will soon get used to the new guy.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
All the targets we’ve been linked with haven’t moved anywhere else yet so I’m sure the club have everything under control.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
For all the talk of an attacking style midfielder, just remember that Klopp heavily tweaked the system between 17/18 and 18/19. You will recall how much of a come-down it was at the start of the season when we realised we weren't going to be thumping teams - or at the very least creating a high scoring game - every weekend. We will play the same way next season. Even if Ox for example gets back to full strength he might play a more subdued role than we are used to from him given how Klopp has set us up to be defensively stronger. And it will be the same case for any attack- minded midfielder we might wish to purchase (it's not happening anyway imo). Said player won't have a free rein in an attacking sense in Klopp's team. Which is why such a purchase is pointless, especially when we have 2 goal-scoring well balanced (off-def) midfielders on the books already In Ox/Naby.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
For all the talk of an attacking style midfielder, just remember that Klopp heavily tweaked the system between 17/18 and 18/19. You will recall how much of a come-down it was at the start of the season when we realised we weren't going to be thumping teams - or at the very least creating a high scoring game - every weekend. We will play the same way next season. Even if Ox for example gets back to full strength he might play a more subdued role than we are used to from him given how Klopp has set us up to be defensively stronger. And it will be the same case for any attack- minded midfielder we might wish to purchase (it's not happening anyway imo). Said player won't have a free rein in an attacking sense in Klopp's team. Which is why such a purchase is pointless, especially when we have 2 goal-scoring well balanced (off-def) midfielders on the books already In Ox/Naby.
Or, Klopp tweaked the system to mitigate against an area of weakness because we don't have a decent AM or goalscoring midfielder? Necessity is the mother of invention.

AOC has a scoring record of 1 every 14 games, Keita 1 every 5 (1 every 12 in a Liverpool shirt). It's slightly optimistic to describe them as goal-scoring midfielders.

GaryBarlow99

Maybe we are waiting for Barcelona and Real Madrid to make a few more moves (Pogba, Griezmann) so they need to sell players? We might get a better deal then and have more bargaining power if we do go in for Dembele, Coutinho, Asensio, etc.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular

Maybe he knows were the bodies are buried (Because Rodgers told him) so they are moving him in house. God knows what role though he isn't as liked as Tony Barrett so nothing to do with the fans.

bazza66

TIA Oldie, still in the Youth Team though
Ad-free Member
Maybe he knows were the bodies are buried (Because Rodgers told him) so they are moving him in house. God knows what role though he isn't as liked as Tony Barrett so nothing to do with the fans.
Probably that new Echo USA venture that is annoying all the Bitters.

This classes as an unreliable rumour (started by me), so there!

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Jao Felix to atheltico nearly done in some reports which surprised me. That frees Griezman up. Does he go to Barca or do PSG scupper that and try for a French core, letting Barca have Neymar instead?

Not sure any of that helps us much though. Real have got a whole rubbish heap worth of talent to get rid of. Bale,James Rodriguez, Casimeiro anyone? No, thought not.
Well it could help us if we're interested in getting Dembele. Barca will have to sell in order to afford Neymar, and to avoid FFP complications.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
8M to buy the starter, 45 for the backup? Hmm....
The fact that we were able to steal Andy for 8m doesn't have much bearing on what we'd need to spend on his backup. Even a modest investment there in quality depth is going to cost more than 8m.

If they feel strongly about Firpo, I'm fine with it. He's young, speedy, and was very good this past season in La Liga. It would afford us the chance to give Andy some rest, and allow Joe Gomez to focus on CB moving forward.

treboeth

The fact that we were able to steal Andy for 8m doesn't have much bearing on what we'd need to spend on his backup. Even a modest investment there in quality depth is going to cost more than 8m.

If they feel strongly about Firpo, I'm fine with it. He's young, speedy, and was very good this past season in La Liga. It would afford us the chance to give Andy some rest, and allow Joe Gomez to focus on CB moving forward.
Plus I think Robbo is worth a bit more now than we spent on him :celebrating:

SadiosMio

I like firpo, thought would have been a good signing last summer for a lot less. I think someone bought for that much would expect to play. Also not a lot of age difference. Seems more like a man city move. Not sure where it would leave milner either.