• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Jao Felix to atheltico nearly done in some reports which surprised me. That frees Griezman up. Does he go to Barca or do PSG scupper that and try for a French core, letting Barca have Neymar instead?

Not sure any of that helps us much though. Real have got a whole rubbish heap worth of talent to get rid of. Bale,James Rodriguez, Casimeiro anyone? No, thought not.
Well it could help us if we're interested in getting Dembele. Barca will have to sell in order to afford Neymar, and to avoid FFP complications.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
8M to buy the starter, 45 for the backup? Hmm....
The fact that we were able to steal Andy for 8m doesn't have much bearing on what we'd need to spend on his backup. Even a modest investment there in quality depth is going to cost more than 8m.

If they feel strongly about Firpo, I'm fine with it. He's young, speedy, and was very good this past season in La Liga. It would afford us the chance to give Andy some rest, and allow Joe Gomez to focus on CB moving forward.

treboeth

The fact that we were able to steal Andy for 8m doesn't have much bearing on what we'd need to spend on his backup. Even a modest investment there in quality depth is going to cost more than 8m.

If they feel strongly about Firpo, I'm fine with it. He's young, speedy, and was very good this past season in La Liga. It would afford us the chance to give Andy some rest, and allow Joe Gomez to focus on CB moving forward.
Plus I think Robbo is worth a bit more now than we spent on him :celebrating:

SadiosMio

I like firpo, thought would have been a good signing last summer for a lot less. I think someone bought for that much would expect to play. Also not a lot of age difference. Seems more like a man city move. Not sure where it would leave milner either.

FGred

Shame, as Aouar is my personal pet hope for a transfer. Got to see a bit of him last couple seasons on tele here in the States, and he looks a Klopp player to my eye. Always puts in a 100% effort shift, and has good bit of the playmaker in him. Think he could be that link to the front three. And, he’s just 20.
If Edwards manages to prise him from Aulas Chapeau mon pote!

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

Sweeting

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial

Another article that says we're interested in junior firpo for 45. Might just be the only link not shot down yet trying to make us look like huge spenders. Author sounds fairly confident.

SadiosMio

De Ligt signing for Juventus. It was kinda obvious we wouldn’t be signing him
I love that redcafe has 200+ pages on a guy they never had a chance to sign. Really delusional they are.

Juve makes sense. Big club, big pay, but practically assured that a defensive error won't cost the league. And room to move up in a few years and get Mino another big payday.

treboeth

An Everton scout has spotted who we should sign :shocked::think:lol

Everton scout admits Liverpool transfer would be 'disaster' for rest of Premier League
Reds' rivals wouldn't be able to get past Kalidou Koulibaly and Virgil van Dijk in heart of defence

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Even more stupid would be signing Harry Maguire for a world record fee.
Last I read they'd cooled on that idea and were looking into getting Issa Diop from Hammers.

Don't really know much about him tbh, which in itself probably suggests he isn't the one to single-handedly shore up their comedy club defence.

Herb

Jao Felix to atheltico nearly done in some reports which surprised me. That frees Griezman up. Does he go to Barca or do PSG scupper that and try for a French core, letting Barca have Neymar instead?

Not sure any of that helps us much though. Real have got a whole rubbish heap worth of talent to get rid of. Bale,James Rodriguez, Casimeiro anyone? No, thought not.
Griezmann has made an absolute tit of himself this window. Seems like Barca are going to exchange Coutinho and some money for Neymar. Not sure where he gets his move to if that deal happens.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Griezmann has made an absolute tit of himself this window. Seems like Barca are going to exchange Coutinho and some money for Neymar. Not sure where he gets his move to if that deal happens.
Then how do Atleti pay for Joao Felix? (or whoever the young lad from Benfica they are after is )

I would be a little surprised if that exchange happens - i would have thought Coutinho and Neymar would be keen to play alongside each other.

Herb

Then how do Atleti pay for Joao Felix? (or whoever the young lad from Benfica they are after is )

I would be a little surprised if that exchange happens - i would have thought Coutinho and Neymar would be keen to play alongside each other.
Tim Vickery and a few other reputable journalists on the radio last night were pretty much agreeing that the information they had was that Coutinho would be happy to move away from Barca and it seems pretty obvious the club are more than willing to get rid. No doubting they’d like to play together at club level but I’m not sure how that happens now at either PSG or Barca.

Griezmann isn’t the only potential exit from Atleti either. Rodri has a £60m odd release clause that City could trigger. Thomas has been strongly linked away as well. Since they were knocked out of the CL all the talk around Atleti has been about a massive summer rebuild, I imagine they’d have a decent amount of funds regardless of what happens to Griezmann.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
It translates to sorry I dont have the foggiest what's going on and it's the offseason and it still need to fill column inches. So I'll do something rather vague like I know something because it will get hits.
I thought it translated to "were signing mbabe but it's a secret so please keep it quiet!"

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Tim Vickery and a few other reputable journalists on the radio last night were pretty much agreeing that the information they had was that Coutinho would be happy to move away from Barca and it seems pretty obvious the club are more than willing to get rid. No doubting they’d like to play together at club level but I’m not sure how that happens now at either PSG or Barca.

Griezmann isn’t the only potential exit from Atleti either. Rodri has a £60m odd release clause that City could trigger. Thomas has been strongly linked away as well. Since they were knocked out of the CL all the talk around Atleti has been about a massive summer rebuild, I imagine they’d have a decent amount of funds regardless of what happens to Griezmann.
I'd forgotten that Hernandez had left for £80m already.