• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Herb

Icardi is on strike. Strange thing is that there are no rumors regarding a transfer, except a very unreliable rumor about an Icardi Dybala trade.

Enough to start an Icardi thread?
Given the way he and his wife have conducted themselves at Inter and over the years in their personal life it’s no surprise there’s little to no interest in him.

Incognito

The Normal One
I don't know where to put this exactly but this is borderline outrageous. Senegal FA chief Saer Seck is encouraging Mane to go to Real Madrid.

From the Echo.....
"Stay here and they will end up building a statue in your honour. Go somewhere else, to Barcelona, to Bayern Munich, to Real Madrid, and you will be just another player. Here you can be something more."

Good choice Phil.
Hope that should be enough for him to say FUCK OFF MADRID.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Get a feeling we are lurking, powder ready for a move like Neymar to Barca and boom Dembele bid. If that doesn’t happen we go for others like that guy whose name I won’t ever be able to spell! (Chukwueze)

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
We have "joined the race" for a player I've never heard of and I doubt if many on here have either. The others in the "race" are the rest of the top six. Apparently.
Liverpool have joined the race for £20m CSKA Moscow striker Fedor Chalov. Arsenal, Manchester City, Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester United are also monitoring the 21-year-old. (Mirror)

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
There's more talk today about us being interested in Coutinho, either at a greatly reduced price or a two-year loan with an option to buy. I've also read that one scenario is that we take him back and in return we wipe Barca's outstanding debt to us. Can't see that happening.
Personally, I'd welcome him back.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
If Klopp wants Coutinho back, as much as I think he is not worthy of our shirt anymore, I will support him as one of our players. However, we need to play hard ball, really hard ball with Barcelona. I will not even pay anything above 40mil for him at this point of time, a good reflection of his indiffferent form, him burning the bridges when wanting to leave, Barcelona really wanting to sell and just pretending they are not desperate to recoup some money back after spending so much money on Grizeman and possibly Neymar and lastly, us, not really needing him. IT should be a take it or leave it, its time we show some arrogance to these spanish clubs who think they can always come to any club and buy anyone they want.

Gazmaninaus

Not sure Dembele is a great buy really. He is talented. Extremely so. However he just reminds me of Ballotelli. Wonderful talent but no work ethic and a very questionable character. I may well be wide of the mark but that’s how he appears to me.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
I guess at the end of the day I'd rather have Coutinho back than Dembele as he's a known quantity (and quality) and positionally anyway he'd be the left-sided attacker we feel we need to round out the squad on the attacking side. A two-year loan would be a cracking deal in fairness. Not sure how I'd feel about a £90m transfer though after the slightly bitter way he left.

At the end of the day, I'd be ok with it.

BigJon

Anyone know how the deal was originally set up - ie how much money Barcelona still owe? - Could be a situation where the remaining debt is cancelled and the player returns for no fee to Liverpool. Then it would be a case of negotiation with Coutinho over pay etc. Think that may be a good deal for all concerned - depending on the outstanding amounts etc.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
If Klopp wants Coutinho back, as much as I think he is not worthy of our shirt anymore, I will support him as one of our players. However, we need to play hard ball, really hard ball with Barcelona. I will not even pay anything above 40mil for him at this point of time, a good reflection of his indiffferent form, him burning the bridges when wanting to leave, Barcelona really wanting to sell and just pretending they are not desperate to recoup some money back after spending so much money on Grizeman and possibly Neymar and lastly, us, not really needing him. IT should be a take it or leave it, its time we show some arrogance to these spanish clubs who think they can always come to any club and buy anyone they want.
Sums up my feeling on the matter perfectly.

GaryBarlow99

Anyone know how the deal was originally set up - ie how much money Barcelona still owe? - Could be a situation where the remaining debt is cancelled and the player returns for no fee to Liverpool. Then it would be a case of negotiation with Coutinho over pay etc. Think that may be a good deal for all concerned - depending on the outstanding amounts etc.
Apparently they still owe us £88m.

BigJon

Apparently they still owe us £88m.
[/QUOTE]
Well looks as if there is a deal to be done - cancel most of the debt. Barcelona have effectively had him on loan for 18 months at a cost of 60+ million to them. No capital outlay for a Brazilian international who has at least 5 years left at the very top level - seems like a no brainer to me. Plus I'm guessing in that scenario no agents fees would apply. Who else of his standard is available for around 80 million? TransferMarket has him valued at around the 90 million mark. Unless his confidence is completely shot I think it would be a great deal.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
I have made up my mind what we should offer for Coutinho. 2 year loan with an obligation to buy for 35mil and them paying 60% of his salary during the loan period plus unlimited 'yes we are shoving it up your ass'.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
The mirror (according to the TIA article i took it from) gave this breakdown (Bold and underlined are clauses we should have been paid)

£142m maximum. £106m guaranteed.
  • £18 million for Coutinho’s first 100 matches for FCB
  • The Spanish club will pay £4.5m at each 25-match interval to total that £18m
  • £4.5m due if Barca qualify for 2018/19 CL
  • Another £4.5m if they qualify for the 19/20 CL
  • A further £4.5m for winning the CL in 18/19
  • And £4.5m again if they win it in 19/20
He signed a 5 and half year contract with Barca, so the guaranteed payments are probably paid over 5 years. Would these be due in the Winter window or the summer? If the latter, we should have 2 or 3 payments (one from the initial deal in the winter, one last summer and one this summer) which would be about £40-60m paid/payable.

(Given the acrimony the deal could have led to a bigger up front payment - but i havent seen any breakdown of these. Also wasnt there rumours that Coutinho had paid something to get this deal done? Barca were not supposed to have had the funds to complete the deal because of the Dembele deal but i think one of their sponsors put up some cash to make it happen - which may point to a smaller up front payment.)

So, we also have £9m owing for CL qualification the last 2 seasons. They didnt win it, that is £4.5m lost from the maximum price.

He has played 76 games for Barca - so that is a further £13.5 m that should have been paid (as it is payable every 25 games upto £100).

So, if my maths & assumptions are right, the maximum price stands at £137.5m.

We should have been paid (or will have been paid this summer) £9m+£13.5m+£40 to 60m = £62.5m to £82.5m.

£137.5m - £62.5m = £75m
£137.5m - £82.5m = £55m

So, if all payments are up to date (We dont know the due dates so this is a bit tricky) the debt would appear to be between £55m and £75m. IF there is additional money that we are owed but hasnt been paid - then that will presumably have to be paid pretty sharpish if they sell him onto a 3rd party this summer - and how does that work if they are swapping him for Neymar along with other players?

It's fair to assume Countinho will play a further 24 matches for Barca if he stays, and that they will qualify for CL. Therefore, any proposed deal would involving us would probably expect that to be covered as part of the 'buying price'.