• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
@Red over the water

Well said!!!

Potting players who have given their all for the shirt boils my blood, even if that all wasn't up to the level we expected.

Albie has more PL games than anyone on here, I'd wager...
@Red over the water

Well said!!!

Potting players who have given their all for the shirt boils my blood, even if that all wasn't up to the level we expected.

Albie has more PL games than anyone on here, I'd wager...
Yet it’s ok to call out countihno - even kick him whilst he’s down- who gave us many great memories and over 100 million pounds profit ( more than Suarez and Torres combined) before leaving to follow what he openly and honestly told us was his dream.

Yep he made a few bad character choices for about a three month period, but.... his overriding time here was one of respect and endeavour with no mean entertainment value added in.....

He’s a cunt that bloke. So it’s fine to laugh at his misfortune....

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Anyway, after the lewd interlude, here's a rumour. Yes, an actual rumor very tenuously kind of linking us to the 'Iranian Messi', to whom we have been linked before, Sardar Azmoun. Well if we have actually been scouting him, and if the souts are suitably impressed, then he might be good as the back up we all say that we need and would probably cost a bit less than most.

Last edited:

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Unless Azmoun is a 'flexible' forward, capable of playing different positions, then it's probably just paper talk as he would be coming just to compete with Firmino and Brewster, and i dont think that is needed. All the noise from the club is that we are looking for a forward capable of playing multiple positions.

Gazmaninaus

Another day of rubbish headlines. One claiming Liverpool flies out to complete deal for striker. It turned out being scouts watching a game on the weekend.
The second was Klopp demanding the 80 million purchase of Asensio without one single shred of fact other than RM don’t want to sell. How do they make this up. Eventually someone must take them to task.

Cologne-Liverpool

Another day of rubbish headlines. One claiming Liverpool flies out to complete deal for striker. It turned out being scouts watching a game on the weekend.
The second was Klopp demanding the 80 million purchase of Asensio without one single shred of fact other than RM don’t want to sell. How do they make this up. Eventually someone must take them to task.
As long as people keep on reading them...so I guess we're part of the problem...:shocked:;-)

Red over the water

Azmoun linked again. If it happens, hopefully it cools a geopolitical situation that is starting to boil over.

Azmoun with the lean, warm embrace from Jurgen, everyone feels the love, John Henry gets on the phone to Trump and tells him to settle down over Iran. Peace breaks out in the Middle East and the player makes a good contribution on the pitch, scoring 18 goals next season and helping to keep the usual front three as fresh as daisies as we win the Premier League.

belldiouf

TIA New Signing
Azmoun isn't particularly mobile or versatile. He is definitely an out and out striker who has a bit of a physical presence to him. Not saying he isn't a good signing or that he wouldn't do well here, but the Iranian Messi claims are bizarre given they are different types of players.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
I'm intrigued by Azmoun. Altho I haven't seen one minute of his play in over a year. He sort of fell off the radar (mine, anyway) after moving to Zenit.

Pepe I'm torn on. I've posted before that I like his game and pedigree, I've seen him play plenty, and was originally in favor of bringing him in. But the more I consider the addition I'm not so sure it makes sense right now. Unless someone is moving out or JK plans to do something different with Mo, I'm not so sure 60+ for Pepe right now makes much sense.

phnaarg

TIA Youth Team
I'm intrigued by Azmoun. Altho I haven't seen one minute of his play in over a year. He sort of fell off the radar (mine, anyway) after moving to Zenit.

Pepe I'm torn on. I've posted before that I like his game and pedigree, I've seen him play plenty, and was originally in favor of bringing him in. But the more I consider the addition I'm not so sure it makes sense right now. Unless someone is moving out or JK plans to do something different with Mo, I'm not so sure 60+ for Pepe right now makes much sense.
he hasn't impressed at all at the ongoing AFCON

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
he hasn't impressed at all at the ongoing AFCON
I agree, but I would caution not put too much stock into his play at AFCON. IMO the entire side is struggling and they are squeaking by. They are playing a style that departs from the traditional CIV attack.

I don't think Ziyech was particularly good this tourney either and I still rate him highly.

rab

Dominic King, admittedly of the Daily Mail, reiterating in no uncertain terms that we will not be making a move for Pepe.

He's no Jimmy McCann (another Twitter ITK I presume) but safe to say he's now at least the third semi-reliable journo who has categorically said this.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
I would just love it if we signed Pepe now if only to shoot these Know all journos down.

Danny_

Yet it’s ok to call out countihno - even kick him whilst he’s down- who gave us many great memories and over 100 million pounds profit ( more than Suarez and Torres combined) before leaving to follow what he openly and honestly told us was his dream.

Yep he made a few bad character choices for about a three month period, but.... his overriding time here was one of respect and endeavour with no mean entertainment value added in.....

He’s a cunt that bloke. So it’s fine to laugh at his misfortune....
I agree. I'd welcome him back with open arms

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
It would seem that we're going to cash in on Harry:
(BBC Gossip page)
Aston Villa, Brighton, Bournemouth and Wolves are all linked with moves for Liverpool winger Harry Wilson, 22, who spent last season on loan at Derby. (Birmingham Mail)

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Been an awful year for so called ITKs. They were even beaten to the fulham lads transfer to us by his mates girlfriend.
Hopefully most have the decency to close their accounts down after we sign no one they have mentioned. They won’t though they will have excuses already made up.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Been an awful year for so called ITKs. They were even beaten to the fulham lads transfer to us by his mates girlfriend.
Hopefully most have the decency to close their accounts down after we sign no one they have mentioned. They won’t though they will have excuses already made up.
Or they will open new accounts under different names.

Hang on, who does that remind us all of?

Last edited:

scouseheadross

Septical
It would seem that we're going to cash in on Harry:
(BBC Gossip page)
Aston Villa, Brighton, Bournemouth and Wolves are all linked with moves for Liverpool winger Harry Wilson, 22, who spent last season on loan at Derby. (Birmingham Mail)
I'd like to see what he can do pre season but Klopp apparently doesn't rate him. As long as there's a buy back clause included then I'm happy. ;-)