• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Been an awful year for so called ITKs. They were even beaten to the fulham lads transfer to us by his mates girlfriend.
Hopefully most have the decency to close their accounts down after we sign no one they have mentioned. They won’t though they will have excuses already made up.
ITKs are like cockroaches, you can’t kill them off. Decency is the last thing you should expect from them, even when they’re wrong they will still find excuses to change their story. Seen too many of them in here too...

Herb

Sounds like from what Klopp has said after the game not a lot else is going to happen in this window.

LFCFFC

It is a touch anxiety provoking given the minutes we demanded from the front 3 last season, but then I think of the fact that without Klopp's focus on promoting youth and his willingness to throw them in the deep end, we wouldn't have TAA as our starting right back. There's no reason he can't do it again with Brewster, Larouci or even Wilson/Kent if they show enough over the next month.

And it's obvious we're also saving our pennies for Mbappe next season ;-)

Gazmaninaus

What I think is interesting is how Klopp would rather battle through with the players he has rather than buy players he doesn’t actually want. He has proven already if he wants a table he’ll wait for the table. Not bother with a lamp along the way. I think it’s made a real difference in our club.

Dave-D

Sounds like from what Klopp has said after the game not a lot else is going to happen in this window.
Not a lot has really happen this window. Yes Real have signed player but not much else has happened, I think a big money move my start a merry go round of players and someone Klopp really wants will become available

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
After what Klopp said in interview yesterday, I do think we are working on signings but be prepared to not have any either.

GaryC

First pre-season game - what a performance. It is good to see our youngsters play with such confidence. Confidence of being a part of the Champions of Europe.

brush85

Tis what everyone has been saying for quite a while. Its interesting that Klopp remarked on Sepps height the other day. Alot of people have their finger prints on these transfers, enough so that its plausible that Klopp maybe never saw Sepp play in person.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
What Klopp actually said after the game, since it has triggered the more conspiratorial posters among us, is that Brewster and Ox would be like new signings, and we’d have to see what happens with the rest of the window, but fans shouldn’t expect the club to do what they did last season.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Like Sweeting I'd actually be a little surprised now if we sign anyone apart from finalising the Elliott transfer. It might happen but I really think Klopp has identified a few of the most talented kids to provide the depth in the positions we're a bit light.

And after earlier kicking up a bit of a fuss about our LB options, I think I'm now ok with that.

Red over the water

I’ve got a sneaky suspicion about Chuckwueze. He will be a bit cheaper than some of the other wide forwards out there, but he has bags of improvement to come if the right coaching can be allied with his natural attributes.

Then again, it’s hard to see how he will play much, given what Klopp was saying about Brewster yesterday, and also Origi signing a new deal.

I’m chilled about the whole thing, but it will be interesting to see if there’s another signing to mix in with the first team before the window closes.

Clive

Like Sweeting I'd actually be a little surprised now if we sign anyone apart from finalising the Elliott transfer. It might happen but I really think Klopp has identified a few of the most talented kids to provide the depth in the positions we're a bit light.

And after earlier kicking up a bit of a fuss about our LB options, I think I'm now ok with that.
Particularly if the lad KJH can play left back too. The Tranmere performance was a reminder of the talent in the ranks.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Someone on the socials posted an interesting thought yesterday, could JK potentially use Ox in a similar way to how he deploys Bobby? In that False 9 role or whatever we want to call it. I actually don't think it's a bad idea at all. JMO of course but Ox has all the physical and mental tools to excel in that role. Pace, IQ, work rate. He can carry the ball, he can distribute, we know he has a blistering shot. I'd actually like to see it experimented with in pre-season.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Possibly, yeah, but lower down the list only in case of emergency. In the way that maybe Fekir would've played it. Bobby, Mane, Salah, Origi, Brewster... and then from our midfield, Ox would be best equipped to do it (maybe with more goalthreat than Gini).

Clive

After Tranmere? Still wait and see. There's talent there, but let's not rush with conclusions.
I meant more it is a reminder that there are actual professional footballers who play left back at the club (other than Robbo). So if (worst case) Robbo did an ankle, we wouldn’t just have blokes from the pub stepping in, there are guys who can play, however they lack experience at the top level.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Looks like we wont be signing anyone.
Klopp certainly has faith in ox, Brewster origi and may be wilson and lallana.
If migs stays put and clyne can stick around, the squad will have decent depth.
Just get a feeling Brewster/wilson one of these lads will have their breakthrough season for us. Hope it's both.

Mark Thurgood

They gave Griezmann no7, Coutinho's number. Coutinho first one to go?
Did they? Haven’t seen a photo of it. Atletico are certainly cheesed off about it. What happens with Dembele? They apparently want to try and fund neymar also. Don’t see it personally.