• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Did they? Haven’t seen a photo of it. Atletico are certainly cheesed off about it. What happens with Dembele? They apparently want to try and fund neymar also. Don’t see it personally.
Even if they sell both Coutinho and Dembele I can't see them bringing in both Griezmann and Neymar, not when they are trying to sort their midfield and defence too (think they will sign a CB even missing De Ligt). Which begs the question of what PSG will do. They are pushing the Neymar sale to Barca as much as anyone. They have severe worries with FFP and may need to raise more than they spend this summer. Hard to do when they also need to sort out other positions too. Neither Barca or Real seem to be rocking up to their door with a truck full of cash for Mbappe or Neymar this summer now (although still could happen).

Gazmaninaus

I just think this whole mess of a club Barca is going to end up losing out on players because they treat them as cattle. How they stay within the FFP is a farce. Well. Phil. And Suarez you’re dreams don’t last forever. Dembele too. De Ligt dodged a bullet. I hope they fucking collapse in a heap next to RM.

Mark Thurgood

I just think this whole mess of a club Barca is going to end up losing out on players because they treat them as cattle. How they stay within the FFP is a farce. Well. Phil. And Suarez you’re dreams don’t last forever. Dembele too. De Ligt dodged a bullet. I hope they fucking collapse in a heap next to RM.
Brutal but funny analysis

Red over the water

I think Neymar will go back to Barcelona, in exchange for both Coutinho and Dembele. PSG will tear it up in France and just fall short in Europe again, before Mbappe joins us next summer as we switch to Nike.

Barcelona are a mess. Neymar has become something of a disruptive show pony. He’s tangled up in legal/financial trouble with Barcelona, but him returning there will make that go away via some sort of mutually agreed settlement. Messi is getting older. Suarez too. Griezmann is a good player, but to my mind definitely short of being a great player. If we get them again next year we will beat them again.

Drubas

Icardi is on strike. Strange thing is that there are no rumors regarding a transfer, except a very unreliable rumor about an Icardi Dybala trade.

Enough to start an Icardi thread?

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Icardi is on strike. Strange thing is that there are no rumors regarding a transfer, except a very unreliable rumor about an Icardi Dybala trade.

I wonder if this is linked to Inter's interest in Lukaku. There were rumours Utd were interested in him, and Inter are interested in Lukaku but may not have the cash.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
I don't know where to put this exactly but this is borderline outrageous. Senegal FA chief Saer Seck is encouraging Mane to go to Real Madrid.

From the Echo:

Senegal FA boss Seck has told Mane he should consider switching to La Liga.

“Everybody in the world knows that Mane is in the top 10 best footballers in the world and he has achieved significant success at Liverpool in the past season,” Seck told the Mirror.

“He alongside Mo Salah and Firmino are phenomenal. But this is football and he won the Champions League last season and he has the chance to go to Madrid.

"For me I think it’s the best club in the world, even if I am a Barcelona fan I still think Real is the best and Mane should be thinking of that offer seriously.

“The career of a footballer is very short and sometimes you don’t get the chance a lot so if it’s there, and I think Zidane likes him, why not?

“He played in Southampton and when the chance came he took it and went to Liverpool and he has held the challenge well in England. I think he will do well with another challenge in another country.”

And if Seck's comments are accurate, it opens the possibility of the Spaniards having made an illegal approach to the player.

With the Africa Cup of Nations not finishing until Friday, Mane will the be given at least three weeks' holiday by Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp.

“Look, it’s in the interest of Liverpool to allow him to rest properly after this AFCON," said Seck.

“Footballers like Sadio are always willing to play. We gave him 10 days off after the season and he is here with us and playing so well, so I am sure if Liverpool give him some good days it will be in his interest and that of everyone involved.

“There is no doubt he will not make it for the start of the season so it’s important he gets some really good rest to recharge his batteries.”

Herb

Given the way he and his wife have conducted themselves at Inter and over the years in their personal life it’s no surprise there’s little to no interest in him.

Incognito

The Normal One
I don't know where to put this exactly but this is borderline outrageous. Senegal FA chief Saer Seck is encouraging Mane to go to Real Madrid.

From the Echo.....
"Stay here and they will end up building a statue in your honour. Go somewhere else, to Barcelona, to Bayern Munich, to Real Madrid, and you will be just another player. Here you can be something more."

Good choice Phil.
Hope that should be enough for him to say FUCK OFF MADRID.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Get a feeling we are lurking, powder ready for a move like Neymar to Barca and boom Dembele bid. If that doesn’t happen we go for others like that guy whose name I won’t ever be able to spell! (Chukwueze)

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
We have "joined the race" for a player I've never heard of and I doubt if many on here have either. The others in the "race" are the rest of the top six. Apparently.
Liverpool have joined the race for £20m CSKA Moscow striker Fedor Chalov. Arsenal, Manchester City, Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester United are also monitoring the 21-year-old. (Mirror)

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
There's more talk today about us being interested in Coutinho, either at a greatly reduced price or a two-year loan with an option to buy. I've also read that one scenario is that we take him back and in return we wipe Barca's outstanding debt to us. Can't see that happening.
Personally, I'd welcome him back.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
If Klopp wants Coutinho back, as much as I think he is not worthy of our shirt anymore, I will support him as one of our players. However, we need to play hard ball, really hard ball with Barcelona. I will not even pay anything above 40mil for him at this point of time, a good reflection of his indiffferent form, him burning the bridges when wanting to leave, Barcelona really wanting to sell and just pretending they are not desperate to recoup some money back after spending so much money on Grizeman and possibly Neymar and lastly, us, not really needing him. IT should be a take it or leave it, its time we show some arrogance to these spanish clubs who think they can always come to any club and buy anyone they want.

Gazmaninaus

Not sure Dembele is a great buy really. He is talented. Extremely so. However he just reminds me of Ballotelli. Wonderful talent but no work ethic and a very questionable character. I may well be wide of the mark but that’s how he appears to me.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
I guess at the end of the day I'd rather have Coutinho back than Dembele as he's a known quantity (and quality) and positionally anyway he'd be the left-sided attacker we feel we need to round out the squad on the attacking side. A two-year loan would be a cracking deal in fairness. Not sure how I'd feel about a £90m transfer though after the slightly bitter way he left.

At the end of the day, I'd be ok with it.

BigJon

Anyone know how the deal was originally set up - ie how much money Barcelona still owe? - Could be a situation where the remaining debt is cancelled and the player returns for no fee to Liverpool. Then it would be a case of negotiation with Coutinho over pay etc. Think that may be a good deal for all concerned - depending on the outstanding amounts etc.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
If Klopp wants Coutinho back, as much as I think he is not worthy of our shirt anymore, I will support him as one of our players. However, we need to play hard ball, really hard ball with Barcelona. I will not even pay anything above 40mil for him at this point of time, a good reflection of his indiffferent form, him burning the bridges when wanting to leave, Barcelona really wanting to sell and just pretending they are not desperate to recoup some money back after spending so much money on Grizeman and possibly Neymar and lastly, us, not really needing him. IT should be a take it or leave it, its time we show some arrogance to these spanish clubs who think they can always come to any club and buy anyone they want.
Sums up my feeling on the matter perfectly.