The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Red over the water

What did Lallana contribute to no 6 and 97 points?
Don't get me wrong, the point is well made that Lallana is a sick note. He will likely see out his contract and move on a Bosman in a year to a mid table side, or possibly try his hand abroad. He's never been any bother, seems a good sort, but the side we have become has outgrown him. If we get a few bits from him next season here and there, fine, but few fans will be expecting much.

To answer the question, I remember a block he did last season. I'm sure there's a clip somewhere but I can't remember who it was against so can't locate it. Lallana showed great desire in the press and shut down a clearance near the edge of their box, and we got a goal from it. I don't know if it was consequential to getting the points or not.

Beyond that, he's part of the group and Klopp seems to like him. He doesn't appear to have the body to stay fit consistently for the sort of football we want to play, but I can't hate him for it.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
To answer the question, I remember a block he did last season. I'm sure there's a clip somewhere but I can't remember who it was against so can't locate it. Lallana showed great desire in the press and shut down a clearance near the edge of their box, and we got a goal from it. I don't know if it was consequential to getting the points or not.
Mane vs Burnley.

It was.

I don't understand why so many are hung up on Lallana. We have plenty of midfield cover as it is. Lallana is a bit of luxury cover, we can use him as and when is necessary and he's fit. That won't be too often, but it'll be often enough to give a couple of others a rest every now and then.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
He played in 10 league games last season. Thats got to count for something.
13 in fact, starting 5, subbed in in 8. Didn't once complete 90 minutes (he hasn’t completed 90 minutes in a league game for over two years), no goals, no assists, total minutes on the pitch 464 (or just over 5 full games). Of those 464 minutes he played only 12 against teams in the top six (all against Arsenal).

Red over the water

Mane vs Burnley.

It was.

I don't understand why so many are hung up on Lallana. We have plenty of midfield cover as it is. Lallana is a bit of luxury cover, we can use him as and when is necessary and he's fit. That won't be too often, but it'll be often enough to give a couple of others a rest every now and then.
Thanks for the info on which game it was.

And I completely agree with your Lallana point. It is what it is and there's no point anyone getting wound up by him. He'll see out his contract and be used here and there in the meantime as fitness allows.

If someone wanted to give us a decent fee for him I'm sure we'd part company, but this one is going the way of contract winding down... then Bosman. In the meantime he might have a contribution to make here and there.

Sweeting

I would snap your fucking hands off for Bale

Yes he would need to take a drop in wages to probably 50% of what he is on at the moment and he would have to be managed based on his injury record etc but I’d take him everyday of the week
50% of what he is on now would still be £100k a week more than Salah and Van Dijk.

His agent has just claimed he won't allow Bale to move on loan so that will mean a transfer fee to add in as well. 4 years of Bale is going to well over £120m.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
What did Ox contribute? Why not spread this negativity on him? Ox was already injured longer in his career than Lallana will be by the end of his.

Or maybe this 'off the pitch contributing thing' is more important than we all know.

Like I said before - 'hating' on Lallana makes no sense at the moment. If there would be an importance hierarchy than he would even stand behind Mignolet and Brewster - definitely the less important senior player. Nothing to worry about.
Ox was a long term injury from the season before.
Lallana Lfc career is littered with injuries.
I dont hate him he’s just a waste of time.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
He only played few games last season, so anything more than that will be a significant bonus. I wont be surprised if he plays the domestic cups and the World Club Championship games if fit.
Last two words say it all...if fit!
That is the problem with Lallana,it seems.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
13 in fact, starting 5, subbed in in 8. Didn't once complete 90 minutes (he hasn’t completed 90 minutes in a league game for over two years), no goals, no assists, total minutes on the pitch 464 (or just over 5 full games). Of those 464 minutes he played only 12 against teams in the top six (all against Arsenal).
Looking at those numbers,how he can be argued as “ bang for your buck” escapes me.
The lad can be decent but you really need more from a senior player than what those figures indicate.
No idea,or interest in what he is paid, but for what is a concern.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
What did Ox contribute? Why not spread this negativity on him? Ox was already injured longer in his career than Lallana will be by the end of his.

Or maybe this 'off the pitch contributing thing' is more important than we all know.

Like I said before - 'hating' on Lallana makes no sense at the moment. If there would be an importance hierarchy than he would even stand behind Mignolet and Brewster - definitely the less important senior player. Nothing to worry about.
I think that the difference with Ox was that we could all see that he was getting up a real head of steam when he got that bad injury. He was available to play for much of the time prior to that even when not selected. With Lallana it's been one injury after another for quite some considerable time now. Let's face it: The guy is chronically injury prone. No point in denying it.

Lynch04

Smeg Head
Evening Walshy, I am not aiming this post at you, as I have not read the history of your debate.
I am just leveraging on your post.

You could argue as to what did Ox contribute or Brewster to the 97/6 Yet they are still in the new signings Klopp refers to.
I actually agree with your point in terms of Lallana’s minutes on the pitch, but i find it amusing how people are questioning Klopps judgement.
Over the last 2/3 seasons i have witnessed Gomez, Lovren, Matip, Henderson, Gini, Ox (when we signed him), Milner, Origi, etc, come under scrutiny. If Klopp sees something in him, who am I or you to disagree?
I trust Klopp’s judgement, he has earned that right. Even if it doesn't work, anyone who calls him up on it is mental.

You may have referred to this in your previous posts but I personally believe we need to add one or two players who will challenge/improve the 1st 11, If Klopp believes players like Wilson, Brewster, Larouci/Lewis can challenge or superceeded our first 11 then i trust him on this. Additionally The Players Klopp refers to as new signings can be considered as that, but injuries are part of the game and so any “new signings” can be offset with an injury, even if it is not one of the regular sicknotes.

To conclude, I expect us to sign at least one player who may improve the first team/provide quality competition. However, knowing how patient Klopp is in the T/M and waiting for his number one target, i wouldnt be surprised at all if we signed no one.

Either way I trust him!

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
nothing concrete on havertz ?

Can we still dream ?

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
nothing concrete on havertz ?

Can we still dream ?

It's the express, so basically a nothing story. Havertz' quotes don't mention us, while actually mentioning Bayern. So, sorry mate, there's nothing in this.

It's no wonder that this thread goes off-track with sideshow-discussions about Lallana's fitness. There is literally no cedible rumour around.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
I'm suprised United aren't all over Bale. They could offer him £2m a week and give Real say £70m rising to £100m if he manages to play five games over the season.

Come on Woodward, get your chequebook out!

Ole asked him to get that Welsh winger that plays for that team in white, Woodward came back proud as punch when he wrapped up the signing of Daniel James from Swansea for just the 18m lollol

Mark Thurgood

I personally wouldn’t take Bale, a couple of years ago, yes. But fast forward to the present I’d say no, only because we have Brewster who will need game time and I think Div has earned the right to stay after a few vital goals at pivotal moments last season.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Havertz is a midfielder, we don't need another midfielder, we need a fullback and a forward, both must be able to play from the leftwing.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Havertz is a midfielder, we don't need another midfielder, we need a fullback and a forward, both must be able to play from the leftwing.
Havertz has played wide and as a central forward before, but more importantly he posses the the attributes to play almost any position and the talent to play them to a top top level. He's a stunning player already and will only improve.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
I can see from where Klopp is coming from and these players do deserve a chance to stake their claim, but at the same time I don't like him saying that we need a bit of luck regarding injuries and then rely on Chamberlain, Lallana and Gomez who have terrible fitness records. That's pushing your luck.

It's obviously a tricky situation to deal with. I just hope that he's making the right decision.

Last edited:

Jaytinho

I can see from where Klopp is coming from and these players do deserve a chance to stake their claim, but then I don't like him saying that we need a bit of luck regarding injuries and then rely on Chamberlain, Lallana and Gomez who have terrible fitness records. That's pushing your luck.

It's obviously a tricky situation to deal with. I just hope that he's making the right decision.
Facts. I trust Klopp, but I also know that he is human and not all of his decisions have went his way. He knows for a fact that he has players with injury issues, he will never come out and say it though, thats obvious. At the same time we cannot be functioning like a football club thats scraping the bottom of the transfer barrel, the Hogdson and Rodgers days are long gone

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
It's the express, so basically a nothing story. Havertz' quotes don't mention us, while actually mentioning Bayern. So, sorry mate, there's nothing in this.

It's no wonder that this thread goes off-track with sideshow-discussions like Lallana's fitness. There is literally no cedible rumour around.
On the plus side, the Geoff Twentyman thread is going to be a piece of piss this year...

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
He contributed more than any of us did thats for sure.

He is a very positive and valuable member of the squad. When fit he trains as hard as anyone. I remember Klopp specifically talking about how Lallana had to be picked as he was training at such a high level. He played a few very good games for us at that time too making some valuable contributions.

People should remember that no players want to be injured. Lallana doesnt sulk about it either, infact he is one of the most positive players at the club. He is great with the young players and does an immense amount of charity work with disadvantaged kids on behalf of the club. By all accounts he is just a fantastic human being so I can easily see why Klopp loves him and is willing to persist with him regardless of his injuries.

Sometimes players have value off the pitch too and Adam is definetly one of those players

waldaz

TIA Youth Team
Saw a bit of Sancho talk of late, from a couple of twitter bullsh ITKs. Even assuming it's true, the size and the timing of such a transfer (not before next year I would think), would make it more of a replacement for one of our big guns rather than an addition, which is what we need.

Firpo off to Barca apparently btw.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Klopp lays out his transfer thinking:

Important bit for me:

"Klopp is looking to introduce at least one more new face, with versatile defensive cover on the flanks a priority..."

I've been very unpopular on here due to stating our needs are real. I've also always stated I believed we were working on things and will try and bring those players in this summer. Realistically though I'm prepared that the specific players Klopp will want may end up not arriving till next summer. If so then so be it. Better to get the right players late than the wrong players on time. We'll cope, some how, maybe not comfortably, but better for the long term. Hoping we can still bring these targets in this summer though.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Important bit for me:

"Klopp is looking to introduce at least one more new face, with versatile defensive cover on the flanks a priority..."

I've been very unpopular on here due to stating our needs are real. I've also always stated I believed we were working on things and will try and bring those players in this summer. Realistically though I'm prepared that the specific players Klopp will want may end up not arriving till next summer. If so then so be it. Better to get the right players late than the wrong players on time. We'll cope, some how, maybe not comfortably, but better for the long term. Hoping we can still bring these targets in this summer though.
I do wonder if there is a serious lack of quality available or if it’s more to the fact that everyone is grossly over priced.
And I’m not moaning at high fees, we basically conned Bournemouth with a couple of our players before but the sport has gone mad.

I’d be quite happy to see Wilson Kent and Brewster as our squad players... but we do need cover for our defensive flanks. Someone like Denis Irwin (I know, boooooo), or even a finnan type.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
I do wonder if there is a serious lack of quality available or if it’s more to the fact that everyone is grossly over priced.
And I’m not moaning at high fees, we basically conned Bournemouth with a couple of our players before but the sport has gone mad.

I’d be quite happy to see Wilson Kent and Brewster as our squad players... but we do need cover for our defensive flanks. Someone like Denis Irwin (I know, boooooo), or even a finnan type.

They're getting on a bit now.