• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Flobs

FADA
Spurs have said Rose can leave. Left back cover?
Interesting that spuds are looking to sell their starting fullbacks. I wonder if they are looking to go 3 at the back which in turn indicates that the market for good fullbacks is tough?

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Interesting that spuds are looking to sell their starting fullbacks. I wonder if they are looking to go 3 at the back which in turn indicates that the market for good fullbacks is tough?
They are also rumoured to be selling another right back

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Isn't Tripper off to Atletico Madrid? £20m?

As for Rose, don't want to see such a shameless diver anywhere near a red shirt.

Last edited:

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
Klopp:
“How I said, it will not be the biggest transfer window of LFC; we invested a lot in the team in the last two years, I would say. We cannot spend every year in the same manner.

“People talk about it like, ‘Now another £300m or £200m’. There are maybe only two clubs in the world – it looks in the moment like Barcelona and [Real] Madrid can do the same – City and PSG that can do it every year.

“But we are fine. I’m happy with the team, we are really happy. We have to see if we find maybe one position, if we find something for it, but there’s no real pressure because it’s not about signing a player. We have solutions for all the situations.

“Do we have exactly the solution that everybody from outside would be 100 per cent happy? I don’t think so because people want to have world-class here, world-class here and the guy on the bench has to be world-class as well. That’s not so easy. But we are of course working on it.

“On the outgoing side, we are relaxed. The young boys are here and enjoyed working with us a lot. Not to forget Naby and Shaq are injured still and are not here with us. Players will come back.

“I’m really looking forward to the season, it will be really exciting again.”

Left back, obviously. There's nothing else.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Klopp:

Left back, obviously. There's nothing else.
"Nothing else"?

"people want to have world-class here, world-class here and the guy on the bench has to be world-class as well. That’s not so easy. But we are of course working on it."

He's practically confirming we've got Mbappe in the works. Blatantly obvious.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
They are also rumoured to be selling another right back
You mean this one? He's gone.

I think they're selling Trippier and Rose because Pochettino has realized that they're not good enough. Surprised at Atleti buying Trippier after the season he had. As for Rose as back up to Robbo, no thanks. Don't want any Spurs cast offs.

KMD1951

Looking at our signings last season, Fabinho announced right after CL Final, Keita was already signed season before and Shaqiri and Alisson came around this time in July.

Pretty sure Klopp would want any signings who he wouldn’t class as a pure and simple back up eg a left back, in now that almost all the players are back in training.

I really can’t see money being the issue regarding the lack of signings as I’m certain the Club would pony up a few extra million to bring someone in as early as possible if Klopp wants them in. Particularly given how good our transfer business has been in the last two years.

Makes me think that either an announcement is imminent or the player(s) Klopp wants has been playing in the Copa America or the AFCON and so wouldn’t be back training yet anyway.

Sweeting

Danny Rose would be perfect cover at LB but I am not sure if he will even continue in the PL with some of the things he has said. Will he even carry on with football?

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
I really can’t see money being the issue regarding the lack of signings as I’m certain the Club would pony up a few extra million to bring someone in as early as possible if Klopp wants them in. Particularly given how good our transfer business has been in the last two years.
People who are minted usually got there by being careful when managing finances. The club is no different. They are going to continue to try to pick a bargain out like they've done numerous times over the last few years. And we can afford to wait now that there are no pressures to buy. Klopp doesn't need to bring players in at the start of the window anymore.

Also on finances, keep in mind that although not perfectly correlated, high transfer fees often bring about high wages. If you were a potential 'LB backup' signing and Liverpool bought you for £60m, would you be happy to be paid £30k/wk which is probably the upper limit Liverpool are probably looking at? I very much doubt said player would take anything less than £100k/wk. (Keita is on 120k and he was £60m).

Andy is on £60k/wk. I don't even want to think about the LB disharmony after that. It could very well have a knock on effect on Andy's performance if there is resentment at not being rewarded with higher wages.

The club's wage structure has and continues to work. Big transfer fee signings imo are not good for that unless they are for critical first team positions.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Danny Rose would be perfect cover at LB but I am not sure if he will even continue in the PL with some of the things he has said. Will he even carry on with football?
I thought this at first then realised i had hadn't read the story correctly the first time.

His most quoted one is:
‘I’ve got five or six more years left in football and I just can’t wait to see the back of it.’

But his full quote is :
I feel I’ve got five or six more years left and I just want to enjoy football as much as I can. There is so much politics and whatever in football and I just can’t wait to see the back of it, to be honest.”

So if he wants out of England that kinda makes sense. But if he wants to enjoy fooball as much as he can then he could do worse than a package of Klopp hugs and a few european nights at Anfield.

Imgoingred

TIA Reserve Team
"Nothing else"?

"people want to have world-class here, world-class here and the guy on the bench has to be world-class as well. That’s not so easy. But we are of course working on it."

He's practically confirming we've got Mbappe in the works. Blatantly obvious.
The only logical explanation for no key signings this window is that we're saving that 100+ mil for Mbappe 2020. Confirmed. Done deal. Sealed. Signed.

Imgoingred

TIA Reserve Team
So if he wants out of England that kinda makes sense. But if he wants to enjoy fooball as much as he can then he could do worse than a package of Klopp hugs and a few european nights at Anfield.
He could hardly do better. But if he wants to enjoy his football, being a bench warmer probably isn't on his radar.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
You mean this one? He's gone.

I think they're selling Trippier and Rose because Pochettino has realized that they're not good enough. Surprised at Atleti buying Trippier after the season he had. As for Rose as back up to Robbo, no thanks. Don't want any Spurs cast offs.
er no... Serge Aurier lol

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
For those holding onto a sliver of hope that we are after a wide forward, I think that's now dashed with Klopp's comments on Rhian. "We think he's ready for the PL", "he sees the chance, the chance is there".

We will be using our current crop - Lallana, AOC, Shaq to provide forward cover, and gradually give game time to Rhian and potentially Wilson. Can't see it going any other way.