• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Red Armada

TIA Regular
I can see from where Klopp is coming from and these players do deserve a chance to stake their claim, but at the same time I don't like him saying that we need a bit of luck regarding injuries and then rely on Chamberlain, Lallana and Gomez who have terrible fitness records. That's pushing your luck.

It's obviously a tricky situation to deal with. I just hope that he's making the right decision.

Last edited:

Jaytinho

I can see from where Klopp is coming from and these players do deserve a chance to stake their claim, but then I don't like him saying that we need a bit of luck regarding injuries and then rely on Chamberlain, Lallana and Gomez who have terrible fitness records. That's pushing your luck.

It's obviously a tricky situation to deal with. I just hope that he's making the right decision.
Facts. I trust Klopp, but I also know that he is human and not all of his decisions have went his way. He knows for a fact that he has players with injury issues, he will never come out and say it though, thats obvious. At the same time we cannot be functioning like a football club thats scraping the bottom of the transfer barrel, the Hogdson and Rodgers days are long gone

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
It's the express, so basically a nothing story. Havertz' quotes don't mention us, while actually mentioning Bayern. So, sorry mate, there's nothing in this.

It's no wonder that this thread goes off-track with sideshow-discussions like Lallana's fitness. There is literally no cedible rumour around.
On the plus side, the Geoff Twentyman thread is going to be a piece of piss this year...

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
What did Lallana contribute to no 6 and 97 points?
He contributed more than any of us did thats for sure.

He is a very positive and valuable member of the squad. When fit he trains as hard as anyone. I remember Klopp specifically talking about how Lallana had to be picked as he was training at such a high level. He played a few very good games for us at that time too making some valuable contributions.

People should remember that no players want to be injured. Lallana doesnt sulk about it either, infact he is one of the most positive players at the club. He is great with the young players and does an immense amount of charity work with disadvantaged kids on behalf of the club. By all accounts he is just a fantastic human being so I can easily see why Klopp loves him and is willing to persist with him regardless of his injuries.

Sometimes players have value off the pitch too and Adam is definetly one of those players

waldaz

TIA Youth Team
Saw a bit of Sancho talk of late, from a couple of twitter bullsh ITKs. Even assuming it's true, the size and the timing of such a transfer (not before next year I would think), would make it more of a replacement for one of our big guns rather than an addition, which is what we need.

Firpo off to Barca apparently btw.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Klopp lays out his transfer thinking:

Important bit for me:

"Klopp is looking to introduce at least one more new face, with versatile defensive cover on the flanks a priority..."

I've been very unpopular on here due to stating our needs are real. I've also always stated I believed we were working on things and will try and bring those players in this summer. Realistically though I'm prepared that the specific players Klopp will want may end up not arriving till next summer. If so then so be it. Better to get the right players late than the wrong players on time. We'll cope, some how, maybe not comfortably, but better for the long term. Hoping we can still bring these targets in this summer though.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Important bit for me:

"Klopp is looking to introduce at least one more new face, with versatile defensive cover on the flanks a priority..."

I've been very unpopular on here due to stating our needs are real. I've also always stated I believed we were working on things and will try and bring those players in this summer. Realistically though I'm prepared that the specific players Klopp will want may end up not arriving till next summer. If so then so be it. Better to get the right players late than the wrong players on time. We'll cope, some how, maybe not comfortably, but better for the long term. Hoping we can still bring these targets in this summer though.
I do wonder if there is a serious lack of quality available or if it’s more to the fact that everyone is grossly over priced.
And I’m not moaning at high fees, we basically conned Bournemouth with a couple of our players before but the sport has gone mad.

I’d be quite happy to see Wilson Kent and Brewster as our squad players... but we do need cover for our defensive flanks. Someone like Denis Irwin (I know, boooooo), or even a finnan type.

Zinedine Biscan

I do wonder if there is a serious lack of quality available or if it’s more to the fact that everyone is grossly over priced.
And I’m not moaning at high fees, we basically conned Bournemouth with a couple of our players before but the sport has gone mad.

I’d be quite happy to see Wilson Kent and Brewster as our squad players... but we do need cover for our defensive flanks. Someone like Denis Irwin (I know, boooooo), or even a finnan type.

They're getting on a bit now.

rab

I think if Clyne was being considered in any way shape or form this injury forces us into the market.

However, I suspect he was one we'd have been happy to move on anyway.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Shit, that’s probably him done as an LFC player.

It’s also probably also added a few million to fee for whoever we are trying to bring in. Our need for a fullback just got that little bit greater.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

It’s also probably also added a few million to fee for whoever we are trying to bring in. Our need for a fullback just got that little bit greater.
I think the club was expecting him to leave this summer - otherwise I wouldnt have thought the club would have said that we were looking for a flexible full back.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Distressing news about Clyne. The way he was in such obvious pain upon his injury had me concerned that it was a ligament injury.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
I would have expected However to be the back up for TAA, and then obviously we have Gomez and Milner/Fabinho. Not sure I ever genuninely considered Clyne to be a genuine option this season at LB. So I'm not sure much has changed. Sucks for him though.

Dimitriy

1. The relevant gentlemen from the ownership say that the Premier League is the priority... That's where or why, the most of the fans expect a 1st team signing. I don't know if I am correct, but It seems likely that we will strugle to reach the same amount of points. Our best, are late in pre season and, if one uses the example, Klopp uses about Mane and the amount of games he played this year...Mane has to be protected (MO, Bobby, as well). Otherwise, he may burn out, and the possibility for injury can occur. On the other hand, when we look at city, it isn't such a distant target
2. But...if the relevant gentlemen from the ownership, intend to do a "Kansas City Shuffle", regardles of what they claim in public and try to replicate last season. Now, that's not that far fetched. We should be considered as favorites. We have a tight squad, well played among each other, time to consolidate, and of course the cauldron of Anfield...This in case of...
A. More favorable balance sheet...
B. If the possibility of winning the league predominates for other football club, and we prioritize and prepare for the one after,
...Just wanted to scribble something, not pretending there's something in it
All the best !

Last edited:

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member

I thought RB Department is ok.
TAA is a starter, and Gomez can play RB.
Even Fabinho can in worse case scenario.
I am worried about the LB. Milner maybe as backup for few games max, I wouldn't want us going into the season with robbo as our only LB.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I thought RB Department is ok.
TAA is a starter, and Gomez can play RB.
Even Fabinho can in worse case scenario.
I am worried about the LB. Milner maybe as backup for few games max, I wouldn't want us going into the season with robbo as our only LB.
Well, despite people pissing their knickers on Twitter, there is still a couple of weeks before the window closes.

Robbo would not be our only option there. Milner, Larouci and Lewis are knocking about as well.

rab

Funny that Milner constantly gets mentioned as left back cover but rarely do I see him suggested as right back cover. Surely he's better suited that side?

Makes the pressing need the left side for me. Lewis and Larouci are still just a bit too raw and inexperienced.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Thanks ZB. I knew it was earlier in the month but didn't know the date. Players can still leave though past that date? PL is one of the earlier incoming windows to close?

Zinedine Biscan

Thanks ZB. I knew it was earlier in the month but didn't know the date. Players can still leave though past that date? PL is one of the earlier incoming windows to close?
Yeah, different countries have different deadlines, so it's still possible for English clubs to sell after then to a league where the transfer window is still open.

I think, but am not certain, that English clubs can still sort out loans after the transfer deadline.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
With Coutinho’s possibly returning and Clynes ACL Klopp saying we may not be done looks like an understatement.
Certainly Cou was a rumour and was probably never going to happen,so no real bearing on the window.
Clyne on the other hand,had he stayed would have likely been a backup RB.
Not terribly keen on Gomez there he is definitely CB material.
If something is not already in the pipeline,and I feel there is,it would be fairly certain that someone will be,now.