• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Important bit for me:

"Klopp is looking to introduce at least one more new face, with versatile defensive cover on the flanks a priority..."

I've been very unpopular on here due to stating our needs are real. I've also always stated I believed we were working on things and will try and bring those players in this summer. Realistically though I'm prepared that the specific players Klopp will want may end up not arriving till next summer. If so then so be it. Better to get the right players late than the wrong players on time. We'll cope, some how, maybe not comfortably, but better for the long term. Hoping we can still bring these targets in this summer though.
I do wonder if there is a serious lack of quality available or if it’s more to the fact that everyone is grossly over priced.
And I’m not moaning at high fees, we basically conned Bournemouth with a couple of our players before but the sport has gone mad.

I’d be quite happy to see Wilson Kent and Brewster as our squad players... but we do need cover for our defensive flanks. Someone like Denis Irwin (I know, boooooo), or even a finnan type.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
I do wonder if there is a serious lack of quality available or if it’s more to the fact that everyone is grossly over priced.
And I’m not moaning at high fees, we basically conned Bournemouth with a couple of our players before but the sport has gone mad.

I’d be quite happy to see Wilson Kent and Brewster as our squad players... but we do need cover for our defensive flanks. Someone like Denis Irwin (I know, boooooo), or even a finnan type.

They're getting on a bit now.

rab

I think if Clyne was being considered in any way shape or form this injury forces us into the market.

However, I suspect he was one we'd have been happy to move on anyway.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Shit, that’s probably him done as an LFC player.

It’s also probably also added a few million to fee for whoever we are trying to bring in. Our need for a fullback just got that little bit greater.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

It’s also probably also added a few million to fee for whoever we are trying to bring in. Our need for a fullback just got that little bit greater.
I think the club was expecting him to leave this summer - otherwise I wouldnt have thought the club would have said that we were looking for a flexible full back.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Distressing news about Clyne. The way he was in such obvious pain upon his injury had me concerned that it was a ligament injury.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
I would have expected However to be the back up for TAA, and then obviously we have Gomez and Milner/Fabinho. Not sure I ever genuninely considered Clyne to be a genuine option this season at LB. So I'm not sure much has changed. Sucks for him though.

Dimitriy

1. The relevant gentlemen from the ownership say that the Premier League is the priority... That's where or why, the most of the fans expect a 1st team signing. I don't know if I am correct, but It seems likely that we will strugle to reach the same amount of points. Our best, are late in pre season and, if one uses the example, Klopp uses about Mane and the amount of games he played this year...Mane has to be protected (MO, Bobby, as well). Otherwise, he may burn out, and the possibility for injury can occur. On the other hand, when we look at city, it isn't such a distant target
2. But...if the relevant gentlemen from the ownership, intend to do a "Kansas City Shuffle", regardles of what they claim in public and try to replicate last season. Now, that's not that far fetched. We should be considered as favorites. We have a tight squad, well played among each other, time to consolidate, and of course the cauldron of Anfield...This in case of...
A. More favorable balance sheet...
B. If the possibility of winning the league predominates for other football club, and we prioritize and prepare for the one after,
...Just wanted to scribble something, not pretending there's something in it
All the best !

Last edited:

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member

I thought RB Department is ok.
TAA is a starter, and Gomez can play RB.
Even Fabinho can in worse case scenario.
I am worried about the LB. Milner maybe as backup for few games max, I wouldn't want us going into the season with robbo as our only LB.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I thought RB Department is ok.
TAA is a starter, and Gomez can play RB.
Even Fabinho can in worse case scenario.
I am worried about the LB. Milner maybe as backup for few games max, I wouldn't want us going into the season with robbo as our only LB.
Well, despite people pissing their knickers on Twitter, there is still a couple of weeks before the window closes.

Robbo would not be our only option there. Milner, Larouci and Lewis are knocking about as well.

rab

Funny that Milner constantly gets mentioned as left back cover but rarely do I see him suggested as right back cover. Surely he's better suited that side?

Makes the pressing need the left side for me. Lewis and Larouci are still just a bit too raw and inexperienced.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Thanks ZB. I knew it was earlier in the month but didn't know the date. Players can still leave though past that date? PL is one of the earlier incoming windows to close?

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Thanks ZB. I knew it was earlier in the month but didn't know the date. Players can still leave though past that date? PL is one of the earlier incoming windows to close?
Yeah, different countries have different deadlines, so it's still possible for English clubs to sell after then to a league where the transfer window is still open.

I think, but am not certain, that English clubs can still sort out loans after the transfer deadline.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
With Coutinho’s possibly returning and Clynes ACL Klopp saying we may not be done looks like an understatement.
Certainly Cou was a rumour and was probably never going to happen,so no real bearing on the window.
Clyne on the other hand,had he stayed would have likely been a backup RB.
Not terribly keen on Gomez there he is definitely CB material.
If something is not already in the pipeline,and I feel there is,it would be fairly certain that someone will be,now.

Retro Helix

Klopp explains it much better than I could... but he gives some insight on why we haven't bought anyone. He clearly states he already has the team he wants to start the season with. Says Ox back is like a big transfer.... and talks about how we already have players like Brewster, Gomez, and Lallana... and it's time to use them

With Ox, Lallana and Clyne already struggling with injuries, it's imperative we bring in one or two players. Keita also struggled for fitness last season so we cannot afford not to strengthen our squad.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
With Ox, Lallana and Clyne already struggling with injuries, it's imperative we bring in one or two players. Keita also struggled for fitness last season so we cannot afford not to strengthen our squad.
I think we can comfortably afford to not strengthen the squad - except for at left back. Ofcourse, as fans, we want quality proven cover.

Ox and Keita are not major issues and should be okay going forward. Anything out of Lallana is a bonus.

Clyne, I feel, was in the shop window anyway, and we have Trent, Gomez, Milner and even Fabinho for RB if needed, from the first team. Ki Jana and Sepp might even be able to provide cover.

Klopp and the club will clearly have a solution to most of the problems, and we know he trusts youth. Why limit the opportunity of youth needlessly? We've seen time and again at clubs like Chelsea, United, City, and the big Spanish clubs, what happens with youth players are continue to be overlooked for new shiny signings.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Hmm. Callejon is 32, a year left on his deal. Only 4 goals last season (though 15 assists). Perhaps it's slowly the end for him.

FGred

Funny that Milner constantly gets mentioned as left back cover but rarely do I see him suggested as right back cover. Surely he's better suited that side?

Makes the pressing need the left side for me. Lewis and Larouci are still just a bit too raw and inexperienced.
I agree last night he drifted to the right a couple of times and did very well in the second half.