• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Gazmaninaus

I would suggest if there is a player Klopp wants then he is probably not available at the moment. So we will go with what we have. Done the same thing previously.

Gazmaninaus

I trust you. Made up stuff is 99% of the transfer window. Especially in the rumour mill. I think we’ve been nailed on to sign about 20 players just in this transfer window and none were even close. Ah the silly season.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
I'm not convinced on Wilson either. I think he will make a good career for himself, just not at Liverpool. I always have the impression that he's trying too hard while at Liverpool, especially in pre-season games, like he has some sort of mental barrier that he can't get through, and it's affecting his decision making.

If these reports are true and Klopp really wants to keep him and not loan him out, it should be everything Wilson needs to hear right now. That should calm his nerves and gear him up for the chance he's been working hard to earn, especially with Shaqiri's recent fitness issues and Mane's unavailability.

That said, I won't blame him if he decides to find a new club where he will have a first eleven role but with all the games coming up until New Year, maybe it wouldn't be unreasonable to keep him until January window. With various deals around the league in mind, I don't think his value would be reduced at all, though I think that it's not likely any potential sale would be as high as 25 million pounds, at least not the guaranteed fee.

MinniMo

I don't think we should let anyone go anywhere until we are through the December schedule at least, we really will need all hands on deck, and the run up to the New Year will give our possible fringe players a chance to really show how good they can be playing in other than friendlies.

Keep 'em all - for now.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
I don't think we should let anyone go anywhere until we are through the December schedule at least, we really will need all hands on deck, and the run up to the New Year will give our possible fringe players a chance to really show how good they can be playing in other than friendlies.

Keep 'em all - for now.
*Quickly checks to make sure that Moreno has actually left*

Yes, I agree!

Danny_

I'm not convinced on Wilson either. I think he will make a good career for himself, just not at Liverpool. I always have the impression that he's trying too hard while at Liverpool, especially in pre-season games, like he has some sort of mental barrier that he can't get through, and it's affecting his decision making.

If these reports are true and Klopp really wants to keep him and not loan him out, it should be everything Wilson needs to hear right now. That should calm his nerves and gear him up for the chance he's been working hard to earn, especially with Shaqiri's recent fitness issues and Mane's unavailability.

That said, I won't blame him if he decides to find a new club where he will have a first eleven role but with all the games coming up until New Year, maybe it wouldn't be unreasonable to keep him until January window. With various deals around the league in mind, I don't think his value would be reduced at all, though I think that it's not likely any potential sale would be as high as 25 million pounds, at least not the guaranteed fee.
Agreed, I think he is 23 now and if he was going to make it, this is the season. From what I have seen, he's missing speed of thought. Whether that can be coached into him or not, I don't know. I don't think he will ever be good enough to play for us but he might make it at a mid-table or relegation club. He needs to be playing now though so it is probably the best thing for us and him if we part ways soon.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
I do think we need 1 or 2 in. I don’t buy this line of we don’t need anyone. We do.
I don’t think there’s nothing with wanting to improve on what we have. It’s what the best do. They get better. It doesn’t make you a hater if you want to see us want to become the best.
I just think we are standing still a bit if we think Lallana (maybe Ox and Keita) for example, is ever gonna not be injured.

I’m not saying it’s the end of the world if we don’t bring anyone in and just hope we have enough. Lots of games coming up from next week and we need to hit ground running.

I see the FSG OUT brigade are out in full voice on twitter. I’ve never really thought about it to be honest but what some are saying is that FSG only buy once they have sold someone. They never actually spend any money. Henry hasn’t helped himself by saying at end of final we will spend big this summer and no one has arrived.

Now maybe Klopp feels we don’t need anyone - he knows squad better than anyone - but I do find it strange that our standing in football hasn’t been this high for years and we don’t seem to be pushing on. I just hope we haven’t missed a trick or are the FSG mob right and it’s because we haven’t sold anyone we can’t bring anyone in?

This window has me baffled. It’s great as we haven’t lost anyone we don’t want to but even 1 body would make a difference. Maybe Klopp wants certain players and they aren’t available? Be glad when window shuts and the football starts.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
Have we been building a new billion pound stadium and no one has told me or something? This would explain a lot :tongue:

Mark Thurgood

Would anyone fancy a punt on Dani Alves?
Free agent, high wages vastly experienced, one year deal for Clyne being out for a while. Lots of fixtures this year.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Would anyone fancy a punt on Dani Alves?
Free agent, high wages vastly experienced, one year deal for Clyne being out for a while. Lots of fixtures this year.
Had the same idea, but he's 36. I cannot see Klopp or the owners sanctioning buying someone of that age, particularly when he would probably want a salary commensurate with his status, Like, 200 grand a week.
Apparently, Man City and Arse are being linked with him. I cannot see the former going for him, for the same reasons we wouldn't, but the latter just might, if only for one season.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Had the same idea, but he's 36. I cannot see Klopp or the owners sanctioning buying someone of that age, particularly when he would probably want a salary commensurate with his status, Like, 200 grand a week.
Apparently, Man City and Arse are being linked with him. I cannot see the former going for him, for the same reasons we wouldn't, but the latter just might, if only for one season.
If he can do a job for a season, the wage won't be a problem...it's whether he can perform and do the role we want.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Does anyone believe Max Kruse when he says he rejected Liverpool to join Fenerbahce? I am asking genuinely for discussion sake. "After speaking with players I don't regret my decision" It seems like such an odd thing for a player to say, publicly, not to mention poor character form. And in the off chance it is true, I wonder what attracted him to the Turkish League over the Prem.