• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
I may be going a bit 'Football Manger' here but are rolling contracts still a thing? If so I presume we could have signed him up to a 1 month deal & let it roll on to the next month if needed
Makes sense to me but not sure how it works.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Judging by us moving for another keeper would suggest that Alisson might be out for quite a long time. Till end of the season?

Kopstar

★★★★★★
This is another point that is making everyone crazy today regarding the signing of Lonergan, related to Ali's injury. @Kopstar would probably know the rules, but bc the club is choosing to sign Lonergan for a year, they are taking that as a bad omen. I have read that the rules stipulate either one month or one year. There is no such thing as 'short term' contract. Again, I don't know that if it true or not.
It's just the minimum period for which you can sign a player (the time between two consecutive transfer windows) so with the summer one already closed you're looking at until the beginning of the summer transfer window next year.

Sweeting

This is the least reliable thing in this whole thread but... there is an agent on linkedin claiming to manage Connor Randall and trying to get him a move to the MLS but doesn't have any links with the league so is having a hard time of it.

If it true it is remarkable that Randall has allowed his career to be managed by someone that incompetant.

Last edited:

Kopstar

★★★★★★
This is the least reliable thing in this whole thread but... there is an agent on linkedin claiming to manage Connor Randall and trying to get him a move to the MLS but doesn't have any links with the league so is having a hard time of it.

If it true it is remarkable that Randall has allowed his career to be managed by someone that incompetant.
Blimey...I could put him in touch with some people. Who is he?

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Jadon Sancho reportedly sign a new contract that brings him to 190k per week. And i would be surprised if there is not a release clause upwards of 200mil pounds. This would probably not be our type of player to buy then, pity I thought he would be a perfect competition/replacement for our forward line. Guess that wouldn't stop the irrational spenders though.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Jadon Sancho reportedly sign a new contract that brings him to 190k per week. And i would be surprised if there is not a release clause upwards of 200mil pounds. This would probably not be our type of player to buy then, pity I thought he would be a perfect competition/replacement for our forward line. Guess that wouldn't stop the irrational spenders though.
With Sancho i get the feeling that he already knows exactly which english club he wants to join.
'I'll sign the 190k contract and you'll let me leave for 140mil pounds next summer' Something like that.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
@Kopstar

Reds 'battle' for £91million Havertz
The summer window may have slammed shut a fortnight ago but we start the day with a huge transfer rumour for Liverpool.

According to reports in Germany, Liverpool are eyeing a move for £91million-rated Bayer Leverkusen ace Kai Havertz.

The attacking midfielder, 20, netted 20 goals in 42 games last season.

Sport 1 claim that the Reds are battling for his signature along with Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal Chelsea and Spain’s big two Barcelona and Real Madrid with the wonderkid expected to push for a big move next summer.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
@Kopstar

Reds 'battle' for £91million Havertz
The summer window may have slammed shut a fortnight ago but we start the day with a huge transfer rumour for Liverpool.

According to reports in Germany, Liverpool are eyeing a move for £91million-rated Bayer Leverkusen ace Kai Havertz.

The attacking midfielder, 20, netted 20 goals in 42 games last season.

Sport 1 claim that the Reds are battling for his signature along with Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal Chelsea and Spain’s big two Barcelona and Real Madrid with the wonderkid expected to push for a big move next summer.
They also say that Bayern will have the biggest chance to sign him because they have an excellent and long-standing relationship with his representatives. He'll go to Bayern imo, like most German supertalents. The fact that Klopp is German won't change much to this. Also, a bidding war with all European top clubs would make the player exceedingly expensive, and we know that the club will never sanction a £ 90m-150m move for that lad.

So, if I was you, I wouldn't hold my breath regarding Havertz, mate. Our next superstar will likely come out of the blue, like Firmino, Mané and Salah did, coming as a relative unknown from a mid-tier club for ± £ 25m, and then exploding under Klopp. :)

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
They also say that Bayern will have the biggest chance to sign him because they have an excellent and long-standing relationship with his representatives. He'll go to Bayern imo, like most German supertalents. The fact that Klopp is German won't change much to this. Also, a bidding war with all European top clubs would make the player exceedingly expensive, and we know that the club will never sanction a £ 90m-150m move for that lad.

So, if I was you, I wouldn't hold my breath regarding Havertz, mate. Our next superstar will likely come out of the blue, like Firmino, Mané and Salah did, coming as a relative unknown from a mid-tier club for ± £ 25m, and then exploding under Klopp.
He will have two years left on his contract next summer and for me it's pretty obvious that there is no clause and Leverkusen are entertaining a bidding war which Bayern won't be able to win against english clubs.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Not sure if Bayern have the holy right/financial ability to pick all young players from other German clubs anymore. Things have changed in last years, Bayern wouldn't end up with a pretty old side (up to not long ago) if they could collect them so easily. Of course, they remain German's superpower, that will probably never change, they will still take a good number of them, but other top European clubs have gone a step up and are looking more at Germany, earlier and before "they all end up at Bayern". I sort of feel they might still return for Sane next summer. Depends how he is when he gets back fit, but he'll have a year left with City next summer. Not sure if they buy Coutinho what would still mean an absolutely huge fee that Barca are demanding (it only needs one piece of the puzzle to move, a Neymar or an Mbappe next summer for Coutinho to maybe end up at PSG). As for Havertz, we'll see. Who knows who is the manager of Bayern by that time, what structure do they play, etc.

Dave-D

Is Werner a free transfer in the summer and can German teams sign pre contracts with players in the same league in January or do they have to wait until May before pre contracts can be signed.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Is Werner a free transfer in the summer and can German teams sign pre contracts with players in the same league in January or do they have to wait until May before pre contracts can be signed.
If they can't that would mirror the PL rules but it's not a FIFA dictat so it's up to the individual leagues although it potentially undermines the integrity of the league. I seem to remember Bayern announcing they'd agreed to sign Gotze as a free agent before the German season was over though...think it was right before they played Dortmund, in fact. Was it before a Cup final or something?

Dave-D

If they can't that would mirror the PL rules but it's not a FIFA dictat so it's up to the individual leagues although it potentially undermines the integrity of the league. I seem to remember Bayern announcing they'd agreed to sign Gotze as a free agent before the German season was over though...think it was right before they played Dortmund, in fact. Was it before a Cup final or something?
That what I’m wandering, I know in England they can only talk to a player a month before the players contract expires and the announcement was before I believe the champions league final so that would fall into that timescale.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Yes they can, Goretzka did it in Jan 2018, announcing it for his move as free transfer in the following summer. So yes, they can absolutely do that.

fspencer

Yes they can, Goretzka did it in Jan 2018, announcing it for his move as free transfer in the following summer. So yes, they can absolutely do that.
A few dortmund players have done so in the past - most notably llewandowski.

MarcusBerglund

Fiorentina have made a loan offer with an option to buy for Liverpool forward Bobby Duncan, Sky Sports News understands.

Duncan signed a three-year deal at Anfield a year ago after the Reds agreed a compensation fee to sign him from Manchester City.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Interesting how more and more European clubs of all types are looking at young English players. In general you hope more of them do it, it would be good looking from multiple perspectives.
I have a feeling it’s form financial reasons rather than footballing ones. A talented young English players won’t have a lot of chances to feature in their top clubs, harness that skill and build them up from decent to good and then sell it back to England. If they turned out to become a Sterling level, the selling club will laughing to the bank.

Sweeting

Fiorentina have made a loan offer with an option to buy for Liverpool forward Bobby Duncan, Sky Sports News understands.

Duncan signed a three-year deal at Anfield a year ago after the Reds agreed a compensation fee to sign him from Manchester City.
I hope he goes now. Firstly becausr that would be an interesting move for him and secondly because I'm getting tired of seeing him/his agent try and force a move.

MarcusBerglund

I hope he goes now. Firstly becausr that would be an interesting move for him and secondly because I'm getting tired of seeing him/his agent try and force a move.
Well, I hope we hold on to Duncan. He looks like proper talent and the club must convince him to renew his contract /I think he signed for 3 years with LFC last season/ and then no problem to loan him out, but definitely with no option to buy.
We need to keep our best talents.

Sweeting

Well, I hope we hold on to Duncan. He looks like proper talent and the club must convince him to renew his contract /I think he signed for 3 years with LFC last season/ and then no problem to loan him out, but definitely with no option to buy.
We need to keep our best talents.
He has been pushing for a move since the day he signed for us. He forced his way out of Man City, he is trying to force his way out of Liverpool - I'm not sure how the club could ever "trust" him.

I have no problem with players feeling their careers are better served elsewhere and in Duncan's case he is probably right, he won't be breaking in to the front three anytime soon and Rhian Brewster/Paul Glatzel are more talented, but I'd be a bit annoyed now if I were the Academy staff that in just one year he has contacted Fiorentina, Nordsjaelland and several German clubs looking for a move.

He says he wants first team football. We can't offer that (he isn't a guaranteed starter for the U23s) and so I wouldn't be surprised to see us cut ties and let him get it elsewhere.