• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

treboeth

I know it's IndyKaila (hence in here rather than the twitter thread) but I can't help but like the account even if it is nonsense, it just gives me a laugh (check out what he's said about telling Bobby Duncan's agent to deactivate, haha
Also tweeted 2 hours ago that Duncan is looking for a new agent.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Also tweeted 2 hours ago that Duncan is looking for a new agent.
Yeah but that seemed almost sensible. It's the tweets he puts out that implies he can influence people's behaviour that I find most amusing. I seem to remember he was going to get on a plane to sort Monchi out and then two days later Roma agreed to sell Salah and indykaila was making out it was all his influence, haha. I kinda love that crazy fucker.

So the tweet about where he says he told Saif Rubie to deactivate his twitter account (sent hours after he had actually already deactivated, see? I told him and he did it...) was typical indykaila. lol

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
I'm not sure that reading his feed is good for my blood pressure. Rage building...

Limiescouse

Balgue reporting that Barca and PSG have reached an agreement over the valuation of Neymar. However, Barca are allegedly insisting in using players as a makeweight, despite none of the players put forward being interested :)

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Yeah but that seemed almost sensible. It's the tweets he puts out that implies he can influence people's behaviour that I find most amusing. I seem to remember he was going to get on a plane to sort Monchi out and then two days later Roma agreed to sell Salah and indykaila was making out it was all his influence, haha. I kinda love that crazy fucker.

So the tweet about where he says he told Saif Rubie to deactivate his twitter account (sent hours after he had actually already deactivated, see? I told him and he did it...) was typical indykaila. lol
I’m not on Twitter.....but this is brilliant.

I’m not interested in celebrities and their narcissistic tendencies, I’m not stressed about finding the inside goss on the latest transfer activity, I’m slightly interested in what James Milner has for breakfast but not to the point of activating an account to find out everyday........but nobody told me you could find this level of genius on there.

I may just sign up.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
I’m not on Twitter.....but this is brilliant.

I’m not interested in celebrities and their narcissistic tendencies, I’m not stressed about finding the inside goss on the latest transfer activity, I’m slightly interested in what James Milner has for breakfast but not to the point of activating an account to find out everyday........but nobody told me you could find this level of genius on there.

I may just sign up.

Sancho nailed on... Lol

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Good luck for a good career to Ryan Kent. I hope he will be happy at Rangers for a long time.

Personally not to bothered about Duncan. Never thought he would make the first team.

Red over the water

Good luck to Ryan Kent. I hadn’t seen him in the flesh until this preseason here in the States. He had a turn of pace and looked full of running, but it was hard to say if top quality was there. Even though we give young players more of a chance than most teams around our level, it’s very difficult for them to break through here, given what we have become.

A Scottish fella told me Kent had a girlfriend in Glasgow so it sounds like things are coming together personally and professionally for him. Hopefully he does well there and Stevie gets them challenging.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
I fear that we are setting ourselves up for huge disappointment next summer, when there will be no move like that, and instead of that, a young unknown forward coming from Poland or Czechia will be brought in to the club for almost nothing*. I can already see the comments in here.

* ... before he rips up the league with his brilliance of course, and goes on to win the golden boot two years after. ;-)
Not Polish or Czech enough. Try again Edwards!

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Not Polish or Czech enough. Try again Edwards!
Sounds pretty German though and some fans are really keen for us to get players with German names. So we get this kid instead Werner or Havertz and play him alongside Glatzel and there's our Germanish strike force. And so, given that Robert is an ancient Germanic name, Bob's your uncle.

Incognito

The Normal One
Nabil Fekir claims that knee injury was an “excuse” for his failed move to Liverpool

He has opened up about the situation in an interview with L’Equipe, suggesting his former agent, Jean-Pierre Bernes, was at fault, and also claiming his knee is in perfect condition.

“You want the truth? You should know that even I don’t know it! I reassure you!

“I did my medical check-up and, after that, they decided not to make me sign.

“At one point, they wanted me to believe it was the knee. But there had to be an excuse while the additional medical tests at Clairefontaine were very clear.

“The knee, it’s fine and I feel fine. The knee, it has nothing at all.

“When you have nothing good to say about someone, there’s no point in talking. Otherwise I’m going to say things I’m going to regret.

“It wouldn’t fit my education. [Bernes] himself knows what’s going on… Today, I have no more contact with him and I don’t want any more, it’s useless.”

Link to article

Zinedine Biscan

Nabil Fekir claims that knee injury was an “excuse” for his failed move to Liverpool

He has opened up about the situation in an interview with L’Equipe, suggesting his former agent, Jean-Pierre Bernes, was at fault, and also claiming his knee is in perfect condition.

“You want the truth? You should know that even I don’t know it! I reassure you!

“I did my medical check-up and, after that, they decided not to make me sign.

“At one point, they wanted me to believe it was the knee. But there had to be an excuse while the additional medical tests at Clairefontaine were very clear.

“The knee, it’s fine and I feel fine. The knee, it has nothing at all.

“When you have nothing good to say about someone, there’s no point in talking. Otherwise I’m going to say things I’m going to regret.

“It wouldn’t fit my education. [Bernes] himself knows what’s going on… Today, I have no more contact with him and I don’t want any more, it’s useless.”

Link to article
Hmm. Seen a couple of suggestions in different places that we dropped out after some unreasonable requests from him via his agent, and his comments seem to imply he mostly blames his then-agent for the move collapsing, which would seem to bear those out.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Hmm. Seen a couple of suggestions in different places that we dropped out after some unreasonable requests from him via his agent, and his comments seem to imply he mostly blames his then-agent for the move collapsing, which would seem to bear those out.
That whole thing about Betis agreeing to sign his brother seems like something we might not have been interested in.

Zinedine Biscan

That whole thing about Betis agreeing to sign his brother seems like something we might not have been interested in.
Yep, it's that I'm specifically thinking of. Even more than the medical stuff I can see us just refusing to engage in that even to the point of not going back in once the price dropped so sharply this summer.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Yep, it's that I'm specifically thinking of. Even more than the medical stuff I can see us just refusing to engage in that even to the point of not going back in once the price dropped so sharply this summer.
I dont think that makes sense. That wouldnt tally with it being the agent's fault unless the agent promised Liverpool that we didnt need to sign the brother - and then Fekir kicked off about it. And, if he had, then i am sure we would have heard about that much more at the time than we did.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
It's hard to believe it's all the agent's fault when he's currently playing for Betis at the price he went for........while working with a different agent. With @Zinedine Biscan and @Chewbazza on this one, think the brother demands came up and Edwards laughed and went home...
Given how far the deal got, and how eager the player was to join (and remains unwilling to apportion any blame to us still) I cant see how the brother issue would have led to us walking away completely.

Limiescouse

I dont think that makes sense. That wouldnt tally with it being the agent's fault unless the agent promised Liverpool that we didnt need to sign the brother - and then Fekir kicked off about it. And, if he had, then i am sure we would have heard about that much more at the time than we did.
This seems right. It was April when Fekir fired the agent that was representing him during the negotiations with us. Fekir and his brother moved to Betis months after. So whomever was applying the pressure to sign the other Fekir it was not the agent we were dealing with. There is enough animosity in this now that even if everyone starts speaking candidly it will be difficult to know what believe. However, it does appear that Fekir started to get wormtongued a bit with outside advisers coming between him and the agent. One suggestion is whomever this party is negatively influenced the negotiations with Liverpool causing us to ultimately walk away.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
This seems right. It was April when Fekir fired the agent that was representing him during the negotiations with us. Fekir and his brother moved to Betis months after. So whomever was applying the pressure to sign the other Fekir it was not the agent we were dealing with. There is enough animosity in this now that even if everyone starts speaking candidly it will be difficult to know what believe. However, it does appear that Fekir started to get wormtongued a bit with outside advisers coming between him and the agent. One suggestion is whomever this party is negatively influenced the negotiations with Liverpool causing us to ultimately walk away.
Possibly but they're not the reason why his value is now a third of what it was 12 months ago and the best team in for him were now Real Betis.

Limiescouse

Possibly but they're not the reason why his value is now a third of what it was 12 months ago and the best team in for him were now Real Betis.
Fekir's agent has kept his cards pretty close to his chest so far considering some of the criticisms of him that have been aired. My personal bias is to tend to have more faith in what little bits of information you get from such a source. To that point he has claimed two things 1) the knee issue was real, but liverpool were willing to try to find a solution, 2) this intermediary started poisoning the waters of those negotiations. Is it possible that the ultimate cost of the Betis transfer was closer to the fee we were trying to move towards? If this wormtongue did poison the water in the negotiations with us and then ultimately took over representing him, is it possible that other clubs were similarly put off and so like a stock being sold off by the time it reached Betis' level of affordability its supposed value was then far lower than before everyone else refused to buy?

KYRed18

Given how far the deal got, and how eager the player was to join (and remains unwilling to apportion any blame to us still) I cant see how the brother issue would have led to us walking away completely.
One reputation we have built in the market the past few years is that you don't pull one over on Mr Edwards and Co. We have this reputation for a reason. I am simply stating that it is not unthinkable that we got to the stage of completing a deal when an "advisor" came in asking for more money or we had to sign his brother at the stroke of midnight, resulting in us walking away. Reputations matter, and the perception of us walking away rather than being bullied into a deal may be a reason why he signed for Betis and not United or anyone else of stature for that matter.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
I'm more inclined to put the most weight on the knee issue for why we backed out after the medical, why no other big clubs showed an interest, and why his value has massively depreciated in 12 months.

If there was another intermeddler fucking everything up that would have been leaked, whereas confidentiality would be more closely guarded re a medical issue.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member